Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    While I agree that he isn't going anywhere (obviously), he is certainly partially at fault. I believe that he has final say on personnel or pretty close to it and he also made the stupid move to put the O-line coach at DC. Looking at their roster, they are definitely more talented than 4-8 but they have numerous flaws.
    Agreed on all accounts.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    They'll be storming next year. I'm very confident about that but we'll see!

The Philly 'faithful' seem to want him gone...and we all know how persuasive they can be! I guess we'll see....

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    They'll be storming next year. I'm very confident about that but we'll see!
    So much for "storming" huh?!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    The Philadelphia Eagles. What a mess. Yeah, they are the 4th worst, but if you actually watched their games. They were the worst. Everything went wrong. Three of the four wins should have been losses.

Passing, rushing, receiving, defense...it all was terrible. The only good thing was the kicking.

Now, let's take a deeper look. The coaching was horrific. The coaching issue has been partially resolved. Andy Reid is out. The thing for the Eagles though... they are gonna be settling for a coach, unless they are secretly and quietly talking to Jon Gruden. Their "top 3" names that they wanted, Chip Kelly, Bill O'Brien, and Doug Marone all are not coming to the organization. Kelly is staying in Oregon. O'Brien is staying in Penn State. Marone signed on with the Bills. In the area, names being screamed out are Gus Bradley, Jon Gruden, Nick Saban. Well, Nick isn't coming. Gruden has been sighted in Manayunk(just outside of Philly), but all sources are denying Gruden's Philly-area appearance are Eagle related, especially since he has a kid going to school in the area. I know the Eagles interviewed Lovie Smith and plan on speaking with Jay Gruden. Right now, as I see it, they are in a heap of a mess for next season. If they can snake Bradley, he might do something positive and Gruden of the Jon variety would be a strong get. The other slop, is slop right now.

The passing game... I do not put most of the blame on Vick or Foles. The offensive line was.... was their even an offensive line or was it just the center snapping the ball to the QB with a handful of attempted blocks by the receivers. I don't care what QB you have, if the O-Line is that bad, he is gonna continually get hit and that's when the turnovers start piling up. At this point, I am doubtful Vick comes back to Philly. But, what needs to happen is the Eagles need to hire a coach who can make that decision within three days after the Super Bowl, otherwise Vick is guaranteed $3mil and then they take a cap hit. If he gets cut before then, the Eagles don't give him a dime and there is no cap hit. Foles. People are saying he's the answer. He was a pick machine in college ball. He looks like Napoleoon Dynamite. But, the one thing about him is he doesn't look rattled. Gets hit, gets back up. Gets hit, gets back up. More 1st team reps in the off season, he can get his game ironed out. Running backs. McCoy the leagues "best" back. I don't have him quite that high, but I get it. Perhaps the new coach will utilize a little more of a run game than Reid did. Bryce Brown. Solid back. Could be a starter. If he gets the Tiki-Fumblitus under control. I am good with their backs. The receivers. I want to see ALL of them cut. DeSean Jackson is crap. He's a glorified punt returner. ...and now he's an expensive, glorified punt returner. He is not a #1 receiver in this league and in my opinion robbed the Eagles. They should have never given him that much money. The best part. He gets hurt, he doesn't even participate in team functions. He's off in California making rap albums with T.I. and others. Maclin. Better than Jackson. But still...that isn't saying much. Riley Cooper. Possibly the best receiver on the team, if he can stay healthy. Jason Avant. Are we still calling his name. That's not fair, he did pull in 53 catches and rattle off just short of 650 yards. Tight end Brent Celek, has all but disappeared. The defense... terrible. 8 INTs and 9 Forced Fumbles. Wow... Stellar! Amongst the worst in points allowed. Asomugha...He should be arrested for grand theft. The amount of money he took from the Eagles. For who? For what? Game in and game out, there would be plays were he would let receivers run past him, then put his arms up like "oh I was supposed to cover him." He's a piece of shit. Dom Rodgers-Cromartie. You aren't good enough to have a hypenated last name. He'll show up for two quarters then take off 7 games. Piece of shit. DeMeco Ryans can stay. Brandon Graham can stay.

Draft... This will be interesting. They have the #4 overall pick. Normally the Eagles would trade this pick and stockpile picks. Well, Andy is gone. If they don't trade this pick, the guy I currently have on the board for them is OT Luke Joeckel. I think they need the help here. One can argue that they'll get their O-Line back to full health for next season, so maybe they should look at corner. If they go the corner route, Alabama's Demarcus Milliner is at the head of the class for me. Under one's argument that they'll have a healthy O-Line, I wouldn't be upset if they went receiver, but at this point, I don't have any receivers coming out valued high enough to be selected #4 overall. Baylor's Terrance Williams comes to mind. He showed he wasn't a product of RG3 and that he can produce without him. 1800+ yards, just shy of 100 grabs, with 12 TDs. I'd look at him. After him I go to Cal and Keenan Allen. Good size and speed. I'd bump DJax out and bring him in. Third on the list would be the kid from Clemson, DeAndre Hopkins or WestVA's Tavon Austin. Hopkins started off on fire and stayed consistent. Austin's knock is that he is small.

I'll check back in after the draft, probably closer to camp for the 2013 outlook once we see who is where and why.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Chip Kelly has created a monster offensively in Philly. McCoy is going to be the top runner in the league this year as long as his tiny frame can handle the heaviest workload in the NFL. Vick is the dynamic threat he should be. Defensive concerns but could this Philly dream team finally be realizing its potential? Even that prick-and-a-half Jackson looked great.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Chip Kelly has created a monster offensively in Philly. McCoy is going to be the top runner in the league this year as long as his tiny frame can handle the heaviest workload in the NFL. Vick is the dynamic threat he should be. Defensive concerns but could this Philly dream team finally be realizing its potential? Even that prick-and-a-half Jackson looked great.
    They don't have the defense to be able to have LT success but they will certainly be fun to watch.

Agreed, they will be a frustrating team for their fans to watch and likely blow a few double digit leads through the season. And I don't think they'll win a SB but man its just nice to see that offense live up to potential for one week. Only took 3 years

Thread Information