Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Philadelphia Eagles

PHILADELPHIA (AP)—The Freak show is over in Philadelphia.
    After four mostly disappointing and injury-plagued seasons where he only showed glimpses of his feared pass rushing ability, the Eagles released defensive end Jevon Kearse on Thursday.
    Kearse was in the middle of a $66 million, eight-year deal signed in 2004 that made him at the time the highest-paid defensive end in NFL history.
    Kearse was a monster. Sucks he got hurt so much.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Well... so subtract Kearse, then add Asante Samuel.

PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Asante Samuel has such good hands and terrific instincts that the All-Pro cornerback rarely drops the ball, one reason why he has 16 interceptions the last two years.
    The Eagles instincts were on the ball, too, that Samuel was the kind of playmaker they desperately needed to strengthen a defense that recorded an NFL-worst 19 takeaways in 2007.
    Philadelphia got its first one of 2008, signing the free-agent cornerback to a six-year contract on Friday and ending Samuel’s five-year stint in New England.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    booooo !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    booooo !!!!
    I was wondering how long it would be for you to chime in on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I was wondering how long it would be for you to chime in on this one!
    Yeah it sucks, I knew this could come, but deep down I was hoping we would re-sign him, this loss hurts.

So signing Samuel.... good move. Cutting Kearse, I can understand it because of his injury situation, although you know wherever he signs next he'll play all 16 games and be the Freak that he once was. Signing Chris Clemons, eh.... Cutting Takeo Spikes now....

PHILADELPHIA (AP)—The Philadelphia Eagles released two-time Pro Bowl linebacker Takeo Spikes on Thursday.
    The 10-year veteran played one season in Philadelphia and finished second on the team with 139 tackles. Spikes missed the final two games last season after having shoulder surgery.
    Spikes is the second high-profile player cut by the Eagles in a week. Defensive end Jevon Kearse was let go last Thursday after playing four seasons in Philadelphia.
    The Eagles signed All-Pro cornerback Asante Samuel and defensive end Chris Clemons in the first two days of the NFL’s free-agency period.
    I don't get this move.

I would not mind seeing the Pats sign Spikes.

I could see that.

Larry Fitzgerald: Courted by Eagles

Update: The Eagles have reportedly made a trade offer for Arizona’s Larry Fitzgerald, Delawareonline.com reports.

Recommendation:
    The Eagles have reportedly offered Lito Sheppard and Reggie Brown with hopes of forcing the Cardinals to deal Fitzgerald if they can’t reach an agreement to restructure his contract. Cardinals general manager Rod Graves has adamantly stated that Fitzgerald will remain with the Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Larry Fitzgerald: Courted by Eagles

Update: The Eagles have reportedly made a trade offer for Arizona’s Larry Fitzgerald, Delawareonline.com reports.

Recommendation: The Eagles have reportedly offered Lito Sheppard and Reggie Brown with hopes of forcing the Cardinals to deal Fitzgerald if they can’t reach an agreement to restructure his contract. Cardinals general manager Rod Graves has adamantly stated that Fitzgerald will remain with the Cardinals.
    For this moment, let's say the Eagles can pull this off. HUGE DEAL FOR THE EAGLES. Later Lito. And if any team is willing to take Reggie Brown or any of the butt receivers that Philly has to offer, more power to them.

Now... I know Fitzgerald's contract is kinda messy for Arizona right now. It is actually holding them back from acquiring a full roster. However, they are in the works of reconstructing the contract and all word is that they will get that done. Not even the slightest peep that they won't and that they'll be forced to move Fitz. Honestly, I would be shocked 10000% if Fitz moves. I can see Arizona moving Anquan Boldin before they move Fitz.

Look like Fitzgerald has signed a new 4 year deal worth $40M with the Cards, say's he also has a no-trade clause in the deal.

http://tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=231771&hubname=

Update on Kevin Kolb.

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia Inquirer
    Eagles HC Andy Reid said that second-year QB Kevin Kolb has a grip on the No. 2 quarterback job, behind starter Donovan McNabb and in front of veteran A.J. Feeley. "I've seen improvement [in Kolb], and right now he has a seasoned veteran ahead of him and behind him," Reid said. "He has a lot of knowledge there to draw from and learn from. He's competing right now. That No. 2 spot allows him to get a few more reps than what A.J. might get in the third spot." Feeley played in three games last season, throwing three interceptions, the same number McNabb had in 14 games played.
    Should be expected. If McNabb is still in town, McNabb has the job to lose. Not surprised Kolb is over Feeley at all.

I think this is McNabb's last year. If he doesn't take them to the playoffs, he's done and they will make room for Kolb.

I think this is McNabb's last year. If he doesn't take them to the playoffs, he's done and they will make room for Kolb.
    No one is convinced that he will even be here to start this season just yet. I was flicking through radio stations and stopped at 610 and they were talking about how there is still trade talks/rumors with Chicago which is why the Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton thing was actually not a big deal. The Baltimore angle is shot with the Ravens taking Flacco.

Side note on Flacco: I was just in Baltimore. They already have Flacco jerseys selling for $79.95-$99.95. They also have silly posters and plaques saying Flacco's Our Saviour selling for $9.95. Awesome... FU - Boller!

As Kolb's job is coming closer and closer...

PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Donovan McNabb is sitting out the Philadelphia Eagles’ passing camp Tuesday with shoulder tendinitis.
    The five-time Pro Bowl quarterback likely will miss the rest of the week’s organized team activities. Kevin Kolb, a second-round pick last season, worked with the first-team offense in McNabb’s absence.
    McNabb hasn’t played an injury-free season since leading the Eagles to the Super Bowl in 2004. He missed the final seven games in 2005 with a sports hernia, sat out the last eight games, including playoffs, in 2006 with a torn knee ligament and missed two games last year with a sprained ankle and injured thumb.

Booker seeing reps...

Quote Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaEagles.com
    Philadelphia Eagles running back Lorenzo Booker saw quite a few reps in the spring workouts, and he's mirroring Brian Westbrook - lining up as a lone setback, tailing a fullback or running routes from the slot. The idea seems to be allowing Westbrook to get a little extra rest while not drastically changing the gameplan for head coach Andy Reid and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. "We're just trying to get more speed on the field." Westbrook said. "Lorenzo brings a big-play capability as well to the field. He's very fast, very shifty, has very good hands. We're just trying to put more playmakers on the field at the same time."
    I wouldn't get too excited because Westbrook is clearly the man, but if West gets hurt...Book can bring it.

A little something on Westbrook.

Taking a page from CB Lito Sheppard, Eagles RB Brian Westbrook will also change agents in an effort to spark negotiations for a new contract and/or extension. "When I signed my contract with the Eagles 2 1/2 years ago, they paid me for the level of play I was playing at the time," said Westbrook, who fired Fletcher Smith as his representative. "I'm not at that level no more. I'm at a higher level of play.... My numbers have steadily increased from that point until now. Now, I'm at the point where I'm one of the elite backs in the NFL, and I should be compensated that way." Westbrook cannot officially hire a new agent until Saturday, although a source indicated that he may hire All Pro Sports & Entertainment Inc., the group that includes agents Peter Schaffer and Lamont Smith.
    Now just wait a second here... Westbrook, unhappy... If this gets ugly, Booker may be the man. Oh wait....... Westbrook is one of the nice guys in the league. He'll work through the issues. I can understand his reasoning for more money. I still believe that a contract is a contract. If you want more, ask when its time to renew.

Later Lito...

Quote Originally Posted by Daily News
    Player Agent Drew Rosenhaus confirmed on Wednesday that he has recently been hired by Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard to represent him. He also said that Sheppard has no plans to hold out of Training Camp. "I'm very optimistic, working with the Eagles, that we're going to find a mutually beneficial solution," Rosenhaus said.
    You know the Eagles relationship with Rosenhaus. Not good for Lito.

yeah i agree with living up to the terms, but you know that's not how business goes in sports. If anyone on that team should ask for a raise, it's Westbrook.

He can stay in green and become a Jet
    Last edited by dw13; 07-18-2008 at 03:45 PM.

Little more on Westbrook...

Quote Originally Posted by Delaware New Journal

Brian Westbrook, the Eagles' All-Pro running back, recently suggested that he might hold out from training camp in a display of discontent over his contract.
    The report also quoted Westbrook as saying he probably wouldn't hold out from training camp, but hadn't made up his mind.

Camp opens Monday at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pa., when rookies and selected veterans are scheduled to report by 5 p.m. The rest of the team is scheduled to report by Thursday evening.
    I still firmly believe that Westbrook is one of those players that will do what is necessary for the team and let his agent work out monetary issues. I don't expect him to holdout. But if things get ugly... Lorenzo Booker is waiting in the wings!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBurbs.com
    "Like I said the biggest thing for me is that's it's hard not to be on the field and practicing," (DeSean) Jackson said. "It just feels good to go out there and push myself. The hammy is feeling good. I just want to stay healthy and get through everything." For Jackson, staying healthy and getting in as many practices as possible is vital. The Eagles' West Coast offense is notoriously hard to learn. That's why first-year players usually struggle.
    Don't expect much from Jackson this year. If your league counts return yards then maybe. Otherwise... I'd pass on him.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 ABC (Philly)
    The Philadelphia Eagles announced earlier this afternoon that they have agreed to terms with RB Brian Westbrook on a new contract. Terms of the deal were not revealed. "As I've said many times, I believe Brian Westbrook is the best running back in football," said head coach Andy Reid. "He can do it all from that position, whether it's running, catching the football or blocking. He is true professional and leader on and off the field and it's a great deal for both Brian and the Eagles organization."
    Figured this would get done pretty quickly.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Figured this would get done pretty quickly.
    excellent!

In one of these exhibition games, Philadelphia Eagles receiver Reggie Brown is actually going to stay on the field. The 6-foot-1, 197-pound former Georgia Bulldog left during the Eagles' opening drive against Carolina last night with a pulled hamstring. Brown was scheduled to have an MRI exam this morning. He missed the preseason opener in Pittsburgh last week with an Achilles tendon injury. That injury also caused him to miss some practice this week during training camp at Lehigh.
    Philly's passing game is pretty ill too... Reggie Brown = overrated. DeSean Jackson is too small to be the answer. Hank Baskett is a joke. They need to give Westbrook $100mil guaranteed.

Eagles WR Curtis to have sports hernia surgery

PHILADELPHIA (TICKER) —Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Kevin Curtis will undergo sports hernia surgery and could be sidelined for an extended period, coach Andy Reid announced Wednesday.

The full extent of the injury will not be clear until Curtis undergoes surgery Thursday, so no timetable was given for a possible return. But Reid said Curtis will be out “for a while.”

Curtis was injured in last Thursday’s preseason game against the Carolina Panthers.
    “He tried to work through it but wasn’t able to function very well with it during practice, so we decided to go in this direction,” Reid said.

Curtis becomes the third Eagle to have a sports hernia in the last few years.

Quarterback Donovan McNabb had surgery during the 2005 season after trying
    to play through the injury. Tight end L.J. Smith had offseason surgery in the spring of 2007, but the injury lingered during the season after he suffered another injury to the area during training camp.

The injury to Curtis further depletes an already shaky receiving corps which also is missing starter Reggie Brown due to a hamstring injury.

Curtis was the Eagles’ top receiver last season, catching 77 passes for 1,110 yards and matching a career high with six touchdowns. He signed with the club as a free agent prior to last season.

McNabb, who unsuccessfully lobbied for the club to add another playmaker at wide receiver during the offseason, will now be throwing to untested rookie DeSean Jackson and Hank Baskett and Greg Lewis - two marginal receivers - when the Eagles open their season at home against the St. Louis Rams on September 7.

Despite Curtis’ injury, the stubborn Reid said the Eagles would not pursue a trade for a wide receiver.

It would have seemed logical that the Arizona Cardinals could be a trading partner, since wide receiver Anquan Boldin is unhappy with his contract. The Eagles also have a player unhappy with his contract in two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Lito Sheppard.
    Now that would be interesting!!

Now that would be interesting!!
    It would be interesting for Boldin to come to Philly... However, according to Andy Reid... they aren't looking to bring in another receiver. However, if they do... odds are good that Horn will be the guy.

I would think Horn over Boldin too just because the Eagles don't like paying top dollar for WR. Owens is the last time they did, and look how that turned out.

Senior Member First Liner
    I would think Horn over Boldin too just because the Eagles don't like paying top dollar for WR. Owens is the last time they did, and look how that turned out.
    And it would make too much sense for the Eagles to trade their disgruntled pro bowl cornerback for a legit #1 receiver. A foursome of Boldin, Curtis (once healthy), Jackson and Brown would be nice along with Westbrook and LJ Smith but I'd be shocked if it happened.

I agree they'll make a play at Horn instead.

Eagles HC Andy Reid said starting WR Reggie Brown (hamstring) will be ready for the opening regular season game against St. Louis. The team is in need of reliable targets after losing WR Kevin Curtis for 6-8 weeks with a sports hernia. Reid also said he the team is not interested in signing veteran WR Joe Horn or making a move to acquire Anquan Boldin and that he's plenty confident in receiver Hank Baskett and DeSean Jackson to fill in the gaps. "We'll be fine there," he said.
    I don't get this... Reggie Brown is booty... Not a #1 receiver. Baskett is booty. DeSean Jackson... we'll have to see. The Eagles receiving unit it weak at best.

Thread Information