Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 1,111 to 1,134 of 1134
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    another typical strong draft by Pittsburgh, though I am sure some ppl will complain about how we didn't grab a CB early on. Def. got some bad ass players to plug some holes.

Bengals, Ravens, Steelers have the AFC north looking strong. And then there are the Browns...

Amazing how well they draft, just using the BPA approach.

Isaac Redman going to carry the load for the Steelers running game this season. Considering our cap situation and the FA who have already found new homes -- No surprise here. I have long thought Redman to be a better back than Mendenhall so I am excited to see what he can do as a # 1.

06-09-40_mr-and-mrs-ben-roethlisberger_420.jpg

Well it's official, Big Ben is gonna be a daddy. Couple is expecting a baby boy later this year.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    06-09-40_mr-and-mrs-ben-roethlisberger_420.jpg

Well it's official, Big Ben is gonna be a daddy. Couple is expecting a baby boy later this year.
    Hope he has a daughter
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    Hope he has a daughter
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    Hope he has a daughter
    Unfortunately not this time around, but yeah I am with you.

Mike Wallace is being a bitch. Sign the tender, have a lights out season and negiotate/score your big contract. You're gonna get paid. Fucker! With many changes including a new OC guys like Wallace need to show they are team players and show up for camp. Of course we all want to have Wallace back on the field right now & long term but if he thinks holding out is going to work for him with the Steelers he is gonna have a long season of watching football from his couch. Pitt let guys like Burress and Holmes go and they will have no qualms about letting Wallace kick rocks too. Even if losing him is a huge blow. Somebody else always waiting in the wing to step up & I have never known the Steelers to cave in situations like the one Wallace is presenting.
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 07-26-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Nice! Got AB extended and locked up for 5 years so no drama next off season with the young and talented Mr. Brown. Now that's how it should be done.

Where you at # 17?

Rumors out of Pitt that the Steelers are now looking to trade Wallace in the next few weeks and will not offer him anymore long term contracts (previous offers already pulled). What a bummer. As a RFA the Steelers could only receive a 1st round pick in return for him via trade, am I right ?

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Brown is gonna be as good as Wallace anyway. Wallace overrates himself. He is a phenomenal talent but he needs to understand his skillset is the most common one among Wide Receivers in this game today. he is not a Calvin/Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald game breaker and has no right to treat himself like one. He is a speedy threat downfield and needs to stop acting like something more. The Steelers will be fine without him.

Sweet TD by Antonio Brown! (Mike Wallace who??)

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Sweet TD by Antonio Brown! (Mike Wallace who??)
    Couple of great blocks to spring him but the kid has mad skill. I just knew AB was a good keeper pick early on in the draft last year

How about David Gilreath? He looked like a beast last night. Def. want to see Wallace show up and play this season but Pitt always has somebody in the pipeline waiting to step in & step up. Good game last night, offense is making some progress.

Couple of great blocks to spring him but the kid has mad skill. I just knew AB was a good keeper pick early on in the draft last year

How about David Gilreath? He looked like a beast last night. Def. want to see Wallace show up and play this season but Pitt always has somebody in the pipeline waiting to step in & step up. Good game last night, offense is making some progress.
    Didn't someone else draft for you last year?

Didn't someone else draft for you last year?
    yes early with a somewhat structured list of players and positions to go after in the early rounds. Lot of the guys I had my eye on were off the board quickly though as I suspected they would be so a pick like Brown slipped up a few notches on my list but really was right on the money of where I would have grabbed him with what was available. Saw something special in him during the pre-season & chemistry building with Big Ben was apparent so I had him ranked awfully high. I think he went off second round? Can't remember. Cooley, on the other hand... well let's just forget abou that one. Anyway speaking of drafts, I Might not make it for the first few rounds of this years draft (if at all) being so early & on a weekday... Time zone and work and all. Really sucks.

In Steelers news -- Wallace looks to sign his tender this weekend. Bout time.
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 08-22-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Too late Wallace. Brown already stole your QB and everyone else on your team's hearts and you're officially the other WR in Pittsburgh. This year belongs to Brown.

If winning the player-voted team MVP award last year wasn't enough evidence that he's officially the guy, everything Wallace pulled this offseason (Combined with Browns absolutely spectacular preseason) has sealed the deal. Drafting brown in the 8th or 9th (Cant recall) round of one of my leagues could end up being the steal of my year.

Absolutely. Stole his contract too! I would t hink AB would be going early in fantasy rounds this year but he is probably still a late round steal in many leagues. Kid had over 1000 last year and outplayed Mike during the 2nd half of the season. Ben and him really developed some chemistry last season and AB is proving this preseason that he can still make plays even without Wallace on the field commanding double coverage. AB is young and only going to get better. He is by far a better all around WR talent than the speedy one trick pony that is Mike Wallace. As much as it sucks bc Pitt is a much better offense with Mike than without, Wallace has pretty much paved his own way out of Pittsburgh. Best he can do is show up and have a spectacular season so that he can cash in next year somewhere else, provided Pitt doesn't franchise tag him, bc I believe they would have the option to do that next year. Of course Mike could also opt to come in and play like a little bitch by not giving it 100% all season as to avoid getting injured. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out once he signs the tender. Not sure I see him and the Steelers coming to any long term agreements at this point though.

First round pick David De Castro presumably out for the year with torn MCL. Ouch. Our Oline is cursed. Just when it was starting to look like our Oline was going to gain a little stability it's pre-season and we're already on to plan B.
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 08-27-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Wow, devastating injury but the Steelers are good at winning 10-11 games with devastated rosters.

Mike better show up and play this year. He let AB walk in last year and outplay him so bad the second half that AB somehow ended the season targeted more often than Wallace. Thats insane. And he actually showed up to play vs Denver unlike Wallace. He needs to earn some respect back from a fans perspective. On the business side of things hes pretty guaranteed a massive contract somewhere if hes healthy, someone will always be willing to drop the book for his skill set, so I would definitely not be surprised to see him play to protect himself this year. Hope not.
    Last edited by Kyle; 08-28-2012 at 10:00 PM.

The Steel curtain is looking more like a shower curtain lately. Absolutely dismal.

The Steel curtain is looking more like a shower curtain lately. Absolutely dismal.
    Raider Nation baby!

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    The Pittsburgh Steelers......... Well, where do I start. I was truly concerned for this team, but that was until the Ravens started to dismantle their entire squad, piece by piece. Big Ben is Big Ben...... Love that they got Landry Jones. I think he can quietly be a success in this league. Unfortunately, playing time is minimal with Ben in there. Not sure what the hell is going on with that running back group... Le'Veon Bell and Jonny Dwyer are leading the RB staff with LaRod Stephens-Howling, Baron Batch, and Isaac Redman thrown in the mix. Plaxico Burress, Jericho Cotchery, Antonio Brown lead the receivers... Well, uhhhh......... Hey, they still got Heath Miller going for them!!!!! Let's see if that Curtain can regain Steel qualities.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Come on. The Ravens went through a rough ride but still look significantly better than the Steelers. Flacco should be projected to do far better things than Ben next year with what they both have to work with.

People don't understand how freakishly better the Ravens will be with a MLB not named Ray worthlessfuckingOldman Lewis.

I keep see signs that Mike Pouncey is a tool (Free Hernandez hat, Jonathan Martin bullying) and it makes me wonder if his baby twin brother Mo is also an idiot. (other than the Free Hernandez hat which he apologized for, he seems to be ok...but you have to wonder what with the antics of his brother)

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    I keep see signs that Mike Pouncey is a tool (Free Hernandez hat, Jonathan Martin bullying) and it makes me wonder if his baby twin brother Mo is also an idiot. (other than the Free Hernandez hat which he apologized for, he seems to be ok...but you have to wonder what with the antics of his brother)
    Worth considering but there's a big difference between the way the Steelers are run and the way the Dolphins are run. None of that shit would fly in Pittsburgh.

Thread Information