Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Eddie Drummond is a piece of shit........................... I wouldn't be too excited over that. Jeremy Bloom and Eagles '06 pick that got cut will be better, and word is still out that Santonio Holmes will see a lot of return time as well. Eddie Drummond... hahaha...
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Tribune
    Football has become much clearer for Pittsburgh Steelers rookie wide receiver Limas Sweed. Literally. Sweed started wearing contact lenses Thursday to compensate for a slight case of astigmatism, and his improved vision should only help the second-round draft pick as he pushes for a spot in the Steelers' wide receiver rotation. "I'm shocked, I really am," he said of how improved his vision is. "If I can see better, I know I can catch better." Sweed is battling Nate Washington for the No. 3 wide receiver spot, and he is expected to give the Steelers' passing game a dimension it has lacked since Plaxico Burress left after the 2004 season.
    I fully expect Sweed to beat out Washington.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Peace Charlie Batch!

Senior Member Second Liner steelers's Avatar
    that really sucks to lose batch in the first game....were gonna have to pick someone up to backup ben now..i dont think i totally trust dixon if he had to start a gm

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers View Post
    that really sucks to lose batch in the first game....were gonna have to pick someone up to backup ben now..i dont think i totally trust dixon if he had to start a gm
    Yeah definitely sucks. Wtf was Batch doing running the ball hard like that anyway?? Pre-Season buddy! And you aren't exactly a Big Ben if you catch my drift.

Bummer.

Coach said they were already looking into picking up somebody. Bryon Leftwitch is set to arrive in Pittsburgh tomorrow or a workout with the team.

On another note - Big Ben to Holmes for a quick strike in the first -- looking hot! That's a combination I am hoping to see lots of this season

In limited action - Fast Willie Parker looked great out there today too.

Damn I am happy football is back
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 08-09-2008 at 02:15 AM.

Won't be long until Mendenhall takes a shot like he did and doesn't get up either. Guy needs to learn to run right

Quote Originally Posted by NFL.com
    QB Ben Roethlisberger and LB LaMarr Woodley are both suffering from groin strains in Pittsburgh Steelers training camp. Neither situation is considered serious but both players are expected to miss some practice time.
    Bonger... You have to sensitive with Big Ben at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Bonger... You have to sensitive with Big Ben at this point!

+ be?

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Won't be long until Mendenhall takes a shot like he did and doesn't get up either. Guy needs to learn to run right
    he had a couple of good bursts but yeah it's hard to argue that he didn't get his shoulder down or get his body low enough there towards the end of that one run. He'll learn..

Quarterback Byron Leftwich, a former starting quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars and Atlanta Falcons will be in Pittsburgh today for a scheduled workout. The Steelers have targeted Leftwich to replace Charlie Batch who will miss significant time with a broken collarbone. If the Steelers don't sign Leftwich, another quarterback creating some buzz is Kelly Holcomb.

Byron Leftwich, until recently among the most promising young starting quarterbacks in the NFL, could join the Steelers today as the replacement for injured backup Charlie Batch.

Before Leftwich boarded a jet in Atlanta last evening for the trip to Pittsburgh, he said he would welcome playing behind Ben Roethlisberger.

"They have an opportunity to win it all," Leftwich said. "To be part of that, if I can help, that's my mind-set. I'm just trying to get back out there."

The Steelers were talking to agent Tom Condon last night about a possible contract. Leftwich said it was his understanding that he would not work out before any possible deal was struck. The Steelers resume practice at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe today.

"I think anytime you get a chance to play for a team like this with this much tradition, you do it," Leftwich said. "Just to be part of it ... playing against those guys, they were always a well-coached, good football team."

The Steelers did not mention how long he might be on their roster if signed. Coach Mike Tomlin estimated that Batch could miss four to six weeks and that they would not place him on injured reserve.

"I don't know what the situation is, I don't know the process," Leftwich said. "I just want to come in and try to work my butt off."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08223/903202-66.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post

+ be?

You know what I meant!

Quote Originally Posted by Sporting News
    The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed free agent QBs Byron Leftwich and Daunte Culpepper. The two will compete to be the backup to starter Ben Roethlisberger. The Steelers had a need at QB after backup Charlie Batch broke his collarbone in the teams opening preseason game.
    Surprising with a lot of QBs not looking great that no one picked up either of these terds before, but the moment Batch goes down, Pittsburgh snags them both. I actually like this for Pittsburgh. Not a big fan of either Left or Pep, but serving as a back-up works here.

well it's official. Leftwitch signed for a year, Culpepper set loose.

The Steelers signed Byron Leftwich to be their backup quarterback, choosing him over Daunte Culpepper after bringing both veteran quarterbacks to training camp today.

Leftwich (6-5, 242) and Culpepper (6-4, 260) each passed physicals in Pittsburgh this morning and reported to training camp in Latrobe for individual workouts while the Steelers debated which quarterback to sign.

The move to sign Leftwich, a former No. 1 pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars, was necessitated when Charlie Batch, 33, broke his right collarbone in Friday night's preseason opener against the Philadelphia Eagles, a 16-13 victory.

Batch will have surgery tomorrow that will keep him out a minimum six weeks.

Also, nose tackle Casey Hampton was taken off the physically unable to perform list today and joined his teammates for his first practice since reporting to training camp 40 pounds overweight.

Nice Vertical Sweed!

Senior Member First Liner
    I like the Leftwhich signing, I would have liked Pep more.

Quote Originally Posted by gNaRKiLL View Post
    I like the Leftwhich signing, I would have liked Pep more.
    At this point in their careers... I'll take Left over Pep. Like this for the Steelers. I actually prefer Leftwich over Batch. Why and how Charlie Batch is still in the league is beyong me... Hahaha... But hey, that's a different topic for another spot!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    At this point in their careers... I'll take Left over Pep. Like this for the Steelers. I actually prefer Leftwich over Batch. Why and how Charlie Batch is still in the league is beyong me... Hahaha... But hey, that's a different topic for another spot!
    Hey come on now. The Batchman is nobody to build a team around or anything like that but he has done a real fine job subbing in for those stray games where Ben hasn't been able to go.. Ben has come close to but never actually played a full season so replacing Batch with a somewhat established vet became a real concern once that idiot thought he was a RB and went and busted his collarbone all up. I agree that Leftwitch is a better option than that Pepper weenie, and props to Tomlin and company for doing a great job addressing this issue as quickly as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    well it's official. Leftwitch signed for a year, Culpepper set loose.

The Steelers signed Byron Leftwich to be their backup quarterback, choosing him over Daunte Culpepper after bringing both veteran quarterbacks to training camp today.

Leftwich (6-5, 242) and Culpepper (6-4, 260) each passed physicals in Pittsburgh this morning and reported to training camp in Latrobe for individual workouts while the Steelers debated which quarterback to sign.

The move to sign Leftwich, a former No. 1 pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars, was necessitated when Charlie Batch, 33, broke his right collarbone in Friday night's preseason opener against the Philadelphia Eagles, a 16-13 victory.

Batch will have surgery tomorrow that will keep him out a minimum six weeks.

Also, nose tackle Casey Hampton was taken off the physically unable to perform list today and joined his teammates for his first practice since reporting to training camp 40 pounds overweight.
    I think that was the right choice and I am pretty excited to have Byron as the backup!

I love you Ben and I think you are and will prove to be one of the greats, but you are such a soft lil dorkus sometimes!

aaahhhh Big Ben. Good to see you throw away the ball once or twice... I know you are trying. Other times you were typical Roethlisberger and tried to make something from nothing, had a nice gain or two, where as another time you got picked off. A fine line to walk there, eh?

Awesome TD pass to Santonio Holmes.. you two are developing some serious chemistry with each other and we are loving it!

Medenhall looked good tonight, got his shoulder down, broke for a few good ones.... Moore looked pretty decent out there as well. I love that acquisition.

Mr.Leftwitch looked okay at times, confused and off timed at others. Basically expected. Give him a few more reps please.

Sick ass fucking TD run by Dixon... 40 + yards. Very nice.

special teams let up a HUGE TD run... very disconcerning... looked good other than that particular mishap :|

A loss in pre-season.. eh. Good and bad things came out of this game. Tomlin better be pitching a huge bitch about all of the Offensive Holding penalties.. and keep pressing and working on those special teams corrections. That area of the team needs to be better.

any other observations?
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 08-15-2008 at 02:45 AM.

The Steelers have the toughest strength of schedule in NFL history this year, I think it's going to be a long season for them, but they are a solid team.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    The Steelers have the toughest strength of schedule in NFL history this year, I think it's going to be a long season for them, but they are a solid team.
    I know they've got probably the toughest schedule of any team this year but, whaddaya mean by the bolded part? Really?

If they can pull out a few wins from teams like NYG/SD/Indy/NE/JAX or Dallas and beat up on their own division, they should be alright and make the playoffs... Gotta win that division though. I know everyone is on the Brownie wagon this year but they don't really scare me just yet.

We do got a solid starting line up/team but there's definitely some holes to be plugged... good lord that schedule is brutal though.

I'm thinking maybe a 10-6 or 11-5 (at very best) season is possible. Wishful thinking on my part?
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 08-15-2008 at 10:17 AM.

what i mean is their opponents total Wins from last year is more than anyone has faced in the NFL. I found it on a site while searching for strength of schedule. I will see if I can find it again for you.

ok i just remembered that it wasn't a website, but a fantasy football mag that i saw that list in, but basically the Steelers (and Colts who are only playing vs. teams with 1 win less - 152 total wins compared to the 153 total wins for PIT opponents) are playing....

HOU 8-8
    @CLE 10-6
    @PHI 8-8
    BAL 5-11
    @JAX 11-5
    BYE
    @CIN 7-9
    NYG 10-6
    @WAS 9-7
    IND 13-3
    SD 11-5
    CIN 7-9
    @NE 16-0
    DAL 13-3
    @BAL 5-11
    @TEN 10-6
    CLE 10-6

From Weeks 5-14 you play mostly playoff teams from last year, the defeding SB champs, a 16-0 team, two 13-3 teams, and SD. That's a tough stretch.

interesting Fly.. thanks for the bit of info.

on other Black n Gold notes -- Sweed dropped two passes against Buffalo and a few more in camp after that... not looking good for him right now.

Troy is set to practice tomorrow, says he feels good. Wooo. We need a Pro Bowl caliber Polamalu this year.

Santonio Holmes will finally get a crack at returning a few punts on Saturday during the next pre-season game.. hopefully he breaks a few and really gives Tomlin something to think about.

This position and responsibility on special teams is still open for the taking.

oh sponge, it's the toughest schedule since 1993. The mag i have has records from 1993-2008 for SoS. So I'm not sure about the all-time toughest, but it's tough. IND doesn't have it any easier.

oh sponge, it's the toughest schedule since 1993. The mag i have has records from 1993-2008 for SoS. So I'm not sure about the all-time toughest, but it's tough. IND doesn't have it any easier.
    I think CLE has it tough as well.

Not to mention AFC East probably has the easiest.

CLE has like the 6th toughest this year, so yeah, they got it pretty tough too.

CLE has like the 6th toughest this year, so yeah, they got it pretty tough too.
    Will be an interesting year in the AFC.

Thread Information