Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Bears

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Bears announce Orton as the starter.
    you just made KK's day.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    There is a GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoBears.com
    The suspense about who will line up under center in the season opener Sept. 7 in
    Indianapolis ended Monday when coach Lovie Smith anointed Kyle Orton the Bearsí
    starting quarterback.

In earning the job, Orton outdueled Rex Grossman in a competition that began in
    the offseason.

The decision was based on Ortonís body of work dating back to his performance
    late last year. Seeing his first regular-season action in two years, he completed
    43 of 80 passes for 478 yards with 3 touchdowns, 2 interceptions and a 73.9 passer
    rating as the Bears lost to the Vikings before closing 2007 with back-to-back wins
    over the Packers and Saints.
    Big, giant terd dropped on Rex Grossman.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

While I agree Orton is better than Rex, it's like saying that 5 is a bigger number than 4........it is, but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    While I agree Orton is better than Rex, it's like saying that 5 is a bigger number than 4........it is, but not by much.
    If you look at a 5 it looks much bigger than a 4... The unfortunate thing for Kyle is that he is light on receivers... But he is the waaaaaaaaaaaay better option than Grossman!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

I still wouldn't say waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better option. Better, yes. I think that Hester could give some teams problems. He is deadly fast, can run pretty good routes (I hear he runs the fly route better than most with his speed), and has pretty good hands. And if the Bears use him like they should and be more of a Slot WR where he can cross over the middle more for easy slants, then he could get the ball a lot and get lots of YAC.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    QB Rex Grossman, former starter for the Chicago Bears, was relegated to backup duty last week when HC Lovie Smith named QB Kyle Orton the starter. Rex said he was a little surprised by the decision and is still upset but said he's ready to do his part. "I'll never fully get over it," he said. "And I don't think anyone would expect me to. But I had some time to digest it and I'll be ready to go."
    Rex Grossman surprised, upset... SHUT THE F*CK UP............. If you weren't such a piece of shit, Rex Grossman, you wouldn't be in the situation that you are in, no would you? I am surprised and upset that you are still in the NFL. "I'll never fully get over it..." Oh go cry me a f*cking river already... Even Kyle Boller is above you Rex Grossman...

Senior Member All-Star dripsey3's Avatar
    Wow. I didn't expect da Bears to beat the Colts. I'm absolutely delighted. Matt Forte had a dream debut. Orton was effective, no turnovers which is encouraging and the defence was superb. It doesn't make up for the Superbowl loss, but it helps to ease the pain a little. Next up is a trip to Carolina.
    12 team Roto League, Standard Cats

Forwards/Defensemen
    Sidney Crosby (C), Marc Savard (C) IR
    JVR (LW), Kris Versteeg (LW)
    Patrik Elias (LW), Daniel Alfredsson (RW)
    D: Brian Campbell (D), Matt Carle (D), Ryan Suter (D), Alex Goglioski (D)
    BN: Brad Richards (C), Rich Peverley (C), J.P. Dumont (RW), T. Fleischmann (RW/LW)
    Goaltenders
    G: Henrik Lundqvist (G), Martin Brodeur (G)
    BN: Jean-Sebastien Giguere (G)

Quote Originally Posted by dripsey3 View Post
    Wow. I didn't expect da Bears to beat the Colts. I'm absolutely delighted. Matt Forte had a dream debut. Orton was effective, no turnovers which is encouraging and the defence was superb. It doesn't make up for the Superbowl loss, but it helps to ease the pain a little. Next up is a trip to Carolina.
    I don't think anyone expected the Bears to beat the Colts.

ORTON should have had the starting job since he came into the NFL. Rex "I'm a piece of shit" Grossman should have never been the starter and should never be a starter ever again. F*ck him.

Matt Forte - had a game that was to be expected. Forte, Chris Johnson, Jonathan Stewart all pushed themselves ahead of Darren McFadden. We'll see what week two brings.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    FORTE! You the man!

damn did anyone see Kyle Orton get laid out around the 2 min mark of the 4th quarter in the Bears/Bucs game? He took one straight to the head and his entire body fucking spun around like a roulette table on the back of one of the bucs defenders! Fucking sweeeeet

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Sun-Times
    Brad Biggs, of The Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said second-year WR Earl Bennett is a 'very bright person.' Angelo said Bennett had to learn three receiver positions last year as a rookie because he was a backup. 'That is where the learning came in,' Angelo said. 'I thought he got a little bit of a bad rap in that he struggles to learn. No. If we just gave him one position, he would have been off and running.' Angelo, as just reported, is counting on Bennett to emerge in 2009. 'I am expecting Earl to be a very good player for us,' Angelo noted.
    I've been hearing a lot of expections are on Bennett. Could be a guy to watch and set up in your queues for the later rounds in your drafts. We'll see. We have a lot of time before drafts start to get under way.

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner believes RB Matt Forte could be more effective if he were rested more during the season. Forte was on the field for nearly 84 percent of the team's offensive plays last season.
    That is a huge number for a rookie back. I don't think Garrett Wolfe, Kevin Jones, or Adrian Peterson....uh, the other Adrian Peterson are good enough to cut into his time, but with Cutler at the helm, they will finally have a good passing attack. So while, he may have reduced carries, I believe he will have more bigger runs with Cutler keeping the defense honest opening up running lanes.

NFL.com's Pat Kirwan, in a segment on CBSSports.com, suggests that third-round pick WR Juaquin Iglesias could make the kind of impact as a rookie that Eddie Royal did in his first season last year with the Denver Broncos.
    Well Mr. Kirwan, this might be a stretch. I wouldn't put Iglesias on Royal's level just yet. He isn't as quick and he certainly doesn't have a Brandon Marshall type player to gain the respect and coverage to free him up.

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears WR Earl Bennett, according to multiple sources, has caught everything thrown his direction during workouts this year, and he is in line for a starting job entering his second year.
    Something to keep an eye on. Cutler's favorite target at Vanderbilt was... Earl Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Something to keep an eye on. Cutler's favorite target at Vanderbilt was... Earl Bennett.
    For a year, and that's it though. I know what youre getting at, but it isn't like they have a 3 year QB-to-WR relationship from college. They spent a year together.

For a year, and that's it though. I know what youre getting at, but it isn't like they have a 3 year QB-to-WR relationship from college. They spent a year together.
    True. But at least there is familiarity there.

True. But at least there is familiarity there.
    Yeah, I get what you were saying. They were a nice combo for that year, to say the least. Bennett was a beast at Vandy. (I'm a Gator KK)

Yeah, I get what you were saying. They were a nice combo for that year, to say the least. Bennett was a beast at Vandy. (I'm a Gator KK)
    I certainly know this!!!

Bennett had a hard time adjusting to the NFL and getting the Chicago playbook down. Everything so far has looked good for him so far in the offseason. Do you think he can become that beast that he was at Vandy?

I certainly know this!!!

Bennett had a hard time adjusting to the NFL and getting the Chicago playbook down. Everything so far has looked good for him so far in the offseason. Do you think he can become that beast that he was at Vandy?
    I surely think he can become a real nice reciever in the league. He is more of a possession reciever, which holds well because thats what Marshall was at UCF and Cutler made him into a star.

Cutler to Bennett might be very nice this year, depending on the time Bennett gets on the field. (And it sounds like he will be out there)

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Tribune
    Vaughn McClure, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears RB Kevin Jones was working with the first-team offense during practice Wednesday, June 10.
    Eh... Fly can have Kevin Jones too... Jones has shown flash of skill, but he can't be relied on.

Mike Mulligan, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports that the Bears will be monitoring the Plaxico Burress legal situation and are considered the front runners in the Burress sweepstakes. Mulligan said he advices fans to not "hold their breath" because Burress will likely not be available until mid-season, but Cutler is lobbying and pushing hard for the Bears to bring Burress in.
    Burress would automatically become the #1 in Chicago if he were signed regardless if it is the beginning of the season or mid-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Tribune
    Vaughn McClure, of the Chicago Tribune, reports that Minnesota WR Bobby Wade said that Chicago LB Brian Urlacher called new Bears QB Jay Cutler "soft, but only in harsher terms" in an interview with KFAN.

Are you serious?? Let's say Bobby Wade is right... a split locker room is never good. But seriously, I think its just Bobby Wade trying to stir shit up with division rivals...or maybe it's just Wade's way of distracting himself from his own team's distraction of the re-re-re-re-retiring of Brett Favre.

Brad Biggs, from the Chicago Sun-Times, reports one of the gems of camp has been Kevin Jones, who now is clear of any issues from his torn anterior cruciate ligament in 2007. Jones has been assured more playing time, and that should make Forte better as the season goes on.
    Until we see anything good out of Kevin Jones, I will remain skeptical on his game, on his durability, on everything about him. Some spots are calling Jones a "must" handcuff for Forte. I wouldn't go that far.

Brad Biggs, from the Chicago Sun-Times, reports one of the reasons general manager Jerry Angelo remained calm during the (ongoing?) clamor for the team to find an upgrade at wide receiver is because he knew 2007 first-round pick Greg Olsen was ready to explode. Olsen is the primary read for a lot of stuff the team has been doing, and the Bears are working more to get him vertical in mismatches on safeties and linebackers.
    With Cutler in town, I will mark Olsen as the NFL's top TE as far as receptions, yards, and TDs go. But don't be surprised with Dallas Clark this year as well.

With Cutler in town, I will mark Olsen as the NFL's top TE as far as receptions, yards, and TDs go. But don't be surprised with Dallas Clark this year as well.
    I'm not sure he tops the list on all 3. I still think Gates, Witten, and Gonzo are the best TE in the game, but I would put Olsen at #4.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    What do you guys think about Forte? I just drafted him at #4....not sure if it was the right calll/pick.

Thanks
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    What do you guys think about Forte? I just drafted him at #4....not sure if it was the right calll/pick.

Thanks
    In a PPR league, Forte should be a beast. I really like him this year since DEF's should back off a little more with Cutler in town, giving Forte some more room. I don't see anything wrong with taking Forte at #4 in a regular league or a PPR league.

I actually agree with this right on.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar

Thanks
    Love him. The kid has great hands and with Cutler tossing the rock around he will also have his fair share of time to pull in plenty of balls through the air. Cutler makes defenses have to respect the ball through the air more so in Chicago this year so that should only mean good news for Forte. His touches on the ground may go down a bit this year but he will make up for it in receptions and I think the overall quality of his game will be just as good if not better than last year. He is no fluke. I do worry about the cursed RBC b/c the Bears are gonna want to keep Forte fresher down the stretch but I'm really not too concerned. At # 4 I think he was a solid pick.

Senior Member All-Star
    Not this year. I like Olsen a lot, but Clark will lead the league in catches and TDs, and Gonzalez will lead it in yards (with Witten close behind in all three categories). Olsen is going to have a surprisingly good year, but I don't think he moves into the elite class this season because he's not as good as Gonzalez or Witten yet, and doesn't have as good of a QB as Clark does

Senior Member All-Star

Thanks
    That's a fine place to draft him. He's going to be excellent this year since he can do it all for their offense. Other than Olsen they don't really have any other offensive options so you know he'll be busy

Thread Information