Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Bears

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Chicago Bears

Probably should have lumped this together with the Muhammad story...but hell....

Earlier this week, the Chicago Sun-Times reported the Chicago Bears "were doing their homework" on Pittsburgh Steelers guard Alan Faneca, who is set to leave as a free agent after 10 seasons with the team. My question is, how long did they need to study to realize Faneca is an absolute stud up front who can significantly upgrade their shoddy line play from last season? What, seven Pro Bowls, a consistently powerful Steelers running game and a Super Bowl ring weren't enough proof that Faneca, still only 31, is 6-5, 312 pounds of interior blocking fury? The only thing Chicago should be researching is if it has the funds and salary-cap means to sign Faneca to a multi-year deal.
    I like that move for the Bears if they pursue it.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Here's the bottom line for the Chicago Bears' attempt to re-sign wide receiver Bernard Berrian: Their most recent offer — $8 million in bonus money in a five-year, $25 million package — wasn't enough to get a deal done the Chicago Sun-Times reported. Free agency begins at 11 p.m. Thursday, and Berrian is seeking a payday well in excess of that — $24.5 million in the first three years of a contract.
    It's unknown how much room the Bears have to improve that offer for Berrian, who is expected to be courted by the Minnesota Vikings. It's also unclear whether Berrian and agent Drew Rosenhaus will be able to get another team — the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers also are thought to be interested — to meet his asking price, which probably would require a signing bonus of more than $12 million.
    Source: Chicago Sun-Times
    Hahaha... If the Bears lose Muhammad AND Berrian after resigning Grossman, that is just a shame. I like that the Bears resigned Kyle Orton, who I still think is the best QB they have and have had in their system over the last several years. Give the kid a true chance. But they already went down a receiver, and looks like they may be down two, although I don't think Berrian is worth the money he is asking for, so he may not get that anywhere.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Faneca will be a Jet.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Faneca will be a Jet.
    probably! but I'd LOVE him to end up in SF.. should know by Monday.

I guess they needed somebody after losing Muhammad and Berrian.

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP)—Wide receiver Brandon Lloyd signed a one-year contract with the Chicago Bears and inadvertently stirred a quarterback controversy Friday.
    Rex Grossman is the starter,” Lloyd said during a conference call.
    Well, not exactly.
    The Bears have said that Grossman and Kyle Orton will compete for the starting job next season, and Lloyd apparently jumped to a premature conclusion. When asked who told him Grossman would start, the receiver backpedalled.
    “That’s what I’m assuming,” said Lloyd, who was released after two disappointing seasons in Washington. “That’s what …”
    His voice trailed off. Then, he said, “Orton and Grossman signed one-year deals. I figured Grossman was the starter. Open competition is what I’m being told right now.”

Grossman, who got benched early last season and returned for five games before injuring his left knee, re-signed with the Bears for one year and $3 million with $1.5 million possible in incentives. Orton got a one-year contract extension that runs through the 2009 season.
    And just to be clear, offensive coordinator Ron Turner said there will be a competition.
    Stirring the pot. Can't believe that Lloyd would actually want Grossman. I am glad to see that there will be a competition in camp and pre-season. Hopefully Orton gets the starting spot. F*ck Grossman.

Quote Originally Posted by John Clayton article
    :
    Chicago RB Cedric Benson, whose relationship with the team soured further because of his second arrest in little more than a month Saturday, was waived by the team on Monday, sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton.
    Before his release, Benson made one last ditch effort to repair the situation, issuing an apology on Monday afternoon.

"I apologize for making the poor decision to drink and drive during the early morning of Saturday, June 7th," he said in a statement. "Given the incident last month, it was a particularly bad decision. I have no excuse for this lack of judgment.

Though I strongly believe that I am not guilty of any crime, I realize that the public and the Bears organization hold me to higher standard. Though my local attorneys will continue to work hard to prove my innocence, I confess to using poor judgment. Please accept my deepest apology."

The Bears released the running back shortly thereafter.
    Where does Ced Benson end up?

Senior Member First Liner
    Given his criminal record, I'm going to go with the Bengals or Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by gNaRKiLL View Post
    Given his criminal record, I'm going to go with the Bengals or Ravens.

That's also a Raiders type of player!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post

That's also a Raiders type of player!
    Agreed, but thankfully we are full in that position. I think he ends up with ATL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Agreed, but thankfully we are full in that position. I think he ends up with ATL!!!
    Yeah, I was thinking that... If Oakland didn't take McFadden and this shit with Benson happened, they would have dropped Jordan/Rhodes for him. But with McFadden, Fargas, and Bush... Nah. I also thought about him going to Atlanta. I don't see that either, not with Norwood and Turner. I am going to say I won't be surprised if he falls in Denver or Tampa Bay. Not sure how Gruden feels about Graham/Dunn being a fulltime back up. What if Cadillac goes down again?? Denver...they seem to pick up any RB they can and turn him into a run machine.
    Last edited by King_Killah; 06-09-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Where does Ced Benson end up?
    Jail.

Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    Jail.
    Nice...

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Nice...

I'm thinkin' he takes a Maurice Clarett style downward spiral, gets into some funny-business, and ends up in the clink.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Sun Times

After signing DT Tommie Harris earlier this week, the Chicago Bears will now focus on signing KR/WR Devin Hester to a contract extension, according to GM Jerry Angelo. But the Bears aren't making any promises.
    "We certainly want to take care of Devin," he said. "He certainly deserves our attention. We've talked to his agent, and we'll just have to wait and see."
    I believe he is going to be overpaid. Sure he can return kicks, except when teams won't kick to him. I don't see him being a very productive WR though.

F*ck Rex Grossman!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoBears.com
    Chicago Bears OC Ron Turner indicated that when training camp opens, the team will rotate QBs Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton with the first team, as they did in OTAs.
    Go Kyle Orton!

Senior Member All-Star dripsey3's Avatar
    Here's one I'm going to throw out there. Favre comes back, any chance he signs for the Bears?.
    12 team Roto League, Standard Cats

Forwards/Defensemen
    Sidney Crosby (C), Marc Savard (C) IR
    JVR (LW), Kris Versteeg (LW)
    Patrik Elias (LW), Daniel Alfredsson (RW)
    D: Brian Campbell (D), Matt Carle (D), Ryan Suter (D), Alex Goglioski (D)
    BN: Brad Richards (C), Rich Peverley (C), J.P. Dumont (RW), T. Fleischmann (RW/LW)
    Goaltenders
    G: Henrik Lundqvist (G), Martin Brodeur (G)
    BN: Jean-Sebastien Giguere (G)

Quote Originally Posted by dripsey3 View Post
    Here's one I'm going to throw out there. Favre comes back, any chance he signs for the Bears?.
    I suppose that is possible... But man, what a backlash that would occur if that did happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Sun-Times

Seven days before the Bears are to report for training camp, the club decided they needed help at running back and signed veteran Kevin Jones.
    The former first-round draft pick of the Detroit Lions checked out medically Tuesday morning and signed a one-year contract worth $605,000. Jones provides some depth to a position the team still expects rookie Matt Forte to anchor.
    I am sure everyone saw this... It was all over ESPN's ticker all day yesterday.

What does this do for Forte, who everyone expects to take over the run game duties??? Let's look at it like this. There is a good shot that Jones actually starts the season on the PUP list because of the ACL injury he has. However, that said... the Bears and Kevin Jones both seem pretty optimistic that he should be ready for the start of the season. That said... If Forte struggles, Jones will eat into his time. I have seen a few drafts and in a lot of the Forte has been taken pretty early. If he struggles, he could be the bust of the season now.

I imagine that Jones won't start on the PUP. I do believe obviously it'll be Forte getting the touches, but like you said, if he can't carry the rookie load they won't waste time to give carries to Jones / AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Tribune

As long as Brett Favre wants to come back and the Green Bay Packers prefer he stays away, the Bears owe it to every player, coach, season ticket-holder and distant McCaskey relative to have The Conversation. The one that addresses how the Bears can turn a historically dumb decision by their division rivals into a potential Super Bowl run.
    That is exactly how Bears general manager Jerry Angelo must view the possibility of Favre leaving the Packers.

Without Favre, the Bears look like a .500 team that will struggle to score points and count on NFL parity more than their offense to stay in the playoff hunt. But with Favre, every facet of an unproven offense would improve enough to make the Bears legitimate NFC title contenders if their defense stays healthy.
    Obviously that would be HUGE for Chicago. F* REX GROSSMAN. I do like Kyle Orton still, but would much more prefer to see Favre at QB. If that situation were to happen, I would completely and utterly astonished. I can't see Green Bay allowing that to happen.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Obviously that would be HUGE for Chicago. F* REX GROSSMAN. I do like Kyle Orton still, but would much more prefer to see Favre at QB. If that situation were to happen, I would completely and utterly astonished. I can't see Green Bay allowing that to happen.
    haha, that would be funny as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Tribune
    During full-team drills today, the Chicago Bears had Devin Hester lined up with Brandon Lloyd at receiver with the No. 1 offense.
    Ugh......what an offense.

Hester can run the fly route probably as good as anyone, but he needs better hands.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Hester can run the fly route probably as good as anyone, but he needs better hands.
    And someone to throw him the ball.

And someone to throw him the ball.
    true.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    That's like saying a puddle of piss smells better than a pile of poo. Bears offense is going to be so horrible this year, i'd say the defense+special teams combined will outscore the O.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Yeah BG I wanted to say something positive about the Seattle Defence but couldn't because its the Bears....It wasnt long ago they were in the SB

Super Bowl XLI Feb. 4, 2007
    Dolphin Stadium
    Miami, Florida
    MVP: Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis Indianapolis Colts 29 Chicago Bears 17
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Senior Member All-Star
    The Bears should start Caleb Hanie

Bears announce Orton as the starter.

Thread Information