Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    I'm not assuming it'll be the first scene. I'm saying it should be towards the end, there has to be another big time jump, which will be weird given the latest development. If that diner scene 9 months in the future from the finale that's a ridiculous amount of time to cover in less than 8 episodes without using another huge time jump montage, which is far less compelling than having seasons 3 and 4 take a total of a couple months or something.
    I don't like homer bias.

Jumping ahead a few months in that last episode didn't bother me much. It helped establish that Walt got pretty much everything he wanted -- his own little meth empire and TONS of cash -- and yet he still hated his life.

I think the next 8 episodes will focus on him getting out of the empire business, and probably part of that will be in hiding thanks to Saul's "make you disappear" guy.

I'm just not sure how Hank will react to knowing that his brother-in-law was running the huge meth ring he's been chasing for a year or so. Part of me thinks he'll keep it quiet, but maybe he'll bring out the big guns on Walt.

Cranston said that he was told that the m80 in the opening scene for S5 was for "protecting someone close to him." Jesse? Skyler? His kids?

You just know that Todd dude is slime.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Few things:

1 - Deffinitely don't think he's got that gun to protect Jesse, infact, it wouldn't surprise me if he's protecting himself/family from Jesse with it. Keep in mind through this season, there are still 2 MASSIVE shoes to drop in that relationship. At some point it's going to come out that Walt poisoned Brock, and at some point it's more than likely going to come out that he turned Jane onto her back and stood there watching her die and did nothing. They are already slowly drifting apart, but that's a relationship that is going to sever over the last 8 episodes IMO.

2 - No way Hank stays quiet. The only thing that has defined him is his dogged determination in these circumstances. Yes they had him look the other way on Walt smoking weed(he thought), but there is absolutely no way he's rolling over on this.

3 - I'm just going to go ahead and take a stab in the dark at what the m80 is about. I'm thinking it's there to protect himself or his family from the skinheads he hired to kill Mike's guys.

Also Raja - The presumed timelapse in this 2nd set of 8 is very easily done after he "makes himself dissapear" if they go down that road, because if he does that to escape Hank/whoever else, we don't need to live months of him trying to just be a normal dude and keep quiet in another city, we can timelapse at the point and say "8 months of him just being a dude later...blammo he's been found" and ramp it back up. Theoretically.

I can't wait for the 2nd 8, I think it's such an interesting tease to give us the end point and go Tarantino on a final season, and have us know where they're going, but make us wonder who and what makes his life change so radically.

Yeah that seems just about the only way to do the time lapse but it still bugs me. at the very least you'd still want to see hanks progress in catching him over the time gap, it just seems like no matter what something is going to be missing. still have high hopes though.
    I don't like homer bias.

oh boy. things escalated quickly.
    I don't like homer bias.

Indeed.

I'm sorry that you interpreted my incredibly funny joke as horribly offensive.

Yeah, that last scene was great. I love how they didn't waste any time getting to the inevitable confrontation. I had expected Hank's pursuit of Walt to be the emphasis of this season, which it still might be, but the fact that he knows who Walt really is and Walt already knows that he knows is going to make for some awesome tension / scheming these next few weeks. I'm reluctant to make predictions for what will happen next (and I sure as hell am avoiding any leaked script details) because I want to be surprised by how it all ends.

As an aside, while part of me is glad that the show is finally getting the attention it's deserved since the beginning, I must admit that I'm turning into "that guy" re: newcomers to the show. Maybe I'm just jealous that they were able to watch it all over the course of a couple weeks while the rest of us have years invested in this show... but I guess we're all in the same boat now so it's all good.

just re-read this thread from the beginning (yes, I'm a pathetic BB addict)... boy were we off base with our expectations and predictions .

I don't think I'll ever live this one down, though...

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    I would put BB on par with Dexter. Obviously not as graphic or gory, but the storyline is interesting/unique and the acting & writing is about as good as it gets on TV.
    I should be shot and dissolved in a vat of acid for equating those two...

Yeah, a little hard to follow up the premier. Next week should be interesting.
    I don't like homer bias.

Well...

That's...

Yeah.

I expected Walt to pull that stuff out in a more direct manner with Hank, but that "confession" was priceless.

And Jesse, oh Jesse. Gotta say I'm rooting for him a bit now.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my life in 4 weeks..

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Something needs to happen... driving me crazy.

Any thoughts on what Jesse's plan will be to take Walt down?

Where he lives.. My first thought was his family, but I don't see how Hank would go for that..

"He is smarter than you. He is luckier than you." Whatever Jesse has in mind, he knows it's gotta be unconventional in order to trap Walt.

And I don't think Walt's job for Uncle Nazi is necessarily going to be to take out Jesse. Just seems too obvious.

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying "hit him where he lives" means family...a) it's been a long time since Walt's #1 concern was his family...b) what is the implication there? Jesse tells Walt Jr? That's about all he could do family related, anyone suggesting Jesse would hurt a member of Walt's family just hasn't watched the show this far, that's not Jesse.

Walt's #1 priority has, for a long time now, been his ego and his "empire". I don't know what his plan is, but I assume whatever it is, is what leads to Walt's identity becoming public knowledge(as we know it does based on the flash forward at the start of the premiere).

Walt is still very clearly has his family as a top priority. I would think the plan has to do with jesse getting lydia involved, but its really just a guess based on nothing other than the fact that shes still in the show.
    I don't like homer bias.

Walt's #1 priority is his family in the most asinine of ways...he'll hold his wife hostage basically to keep them together, lie to his son constantly or manipulate him using his cancer being back to keep him in line.

He earned enough money to do what he set out to do(provide for family) ages ago, and he kept on going regardless of who he was up against, how many times he put his family in danger etc, because he's driven entirely by his ego.

The whole TV series is about his ego...to the point where it's frequently been his biggest weakness(including confronting Hank in the garage in episode 1 this season, where he couldn't just leave it be, he had to confront him about the tracker). At every single turn they remind you of that...and being that Jesse in-arguably knows him better than anyone at this point...I'd be surprised if that's not his end game.

Yes Walt does still care about his family, but they're not his top priority. Not for a long time now.

This episode left me feeling sick.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heliosj View Post
    This episode left me feeling sick.
    Why?

Yeah, that was about as bleak as this show has gotten. You know it's well-executed when you pretty much know what's going to happen and it still packs an emotional punch to the gut.

But there's certainly no hope for any sort of "happy" ending for Walt & his family -- just tragedy all around. I think that's why he ultimately gave Holly up -- she's the only one with a chance for a somewhat-decent life now, albeit she will be surrounded by some very damaged people.

Two episodes to go and not too many loose ends left.

and wow, what a great shot

Conan asked the other night why we put ourselves through this.. he compared it to watching a cockfight.

I really hope Skyler dies.

I heard they actually shot a scene of Walt-as-MiM's-Hal for the Blu-Ray package... since people have been making that joke almost since the show started.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I really hope Skyler dies.
    Why?
    I don't like homer bias.

I think we know who the ricin is for..

Thread Information