Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boltsfan26 View Post
    I did.

You just know that money is going to be serialized.
    I'm sorry that you interpreted my incredibly funny joke as horribly offensive.

Senior Member All-Star MrScientist's Avatar

The fact they're both not in jail already is dumbfounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    The fact they're both not in jail already is dumbfounding.
    I was briefly concerned that the writers would change Walter, Jesse & Co into criminal masterminds overnight... but it's obvious that's not gonna happen.

Having the "professional" felon take the rap was an interesting touch - I wonder if that actually happens. Kinda makes sense, although I'd think the cost would be much higher. The lawyer is going to be bad news, that's for sure.

But yeah, having them just show up to watch the fake drop was absurd enough - but having them interfere with the surveilance and get away with it... well, lucky is putting it nicely.

Hank is already suspicious, he's going to be more so once he talks to this guy who is obviously not a chemist. And how is it there just happened to be a guy who loosely matched Walter's description available for this task?

And shit, Badger had them dead to rights -- why on EARTH would he make the sale? Always trust your instincts, fucktard. Personally, I would have had him shanked. I did like the irony of Badger sitting on Saul's bench advertisement though.

I guess I'd like to believe cops aren't actually that stupid, but perhaps that a pretty accurate portrayal.

Hank is already suspicious, he's going to be more so once he talks to this guy who is obviously not a chemist. And how is it there just happened to be a guy who loosely matched Walter's description available for this task?

And shit, Badger had them dead to rights -- why on EARTH would he make the sale? Always trust your instincts, fucktard. Personally, I would have had him shanked. I did like the irony of Badger sitting on Saul's bench advertisement though.

I guess I'd like to believe cops aren't actually that stupid, but perhaps that a pretty accurate portrayal.
    Why would he make the sale? Because he's a moron, he has street smarts obviously, so the cop tricked him with (fake) book smarts.

Hank is already suspicious, he's going to be more so once he talks to this guy who is obviously not a chemist.
    why would he even talk to the cops, other than to plead ignorance of everything? Remember, he wants to go to jail - the cops have him with the evidence, have Badger's positive ID, etc - the only reason for him to talk is if he tries to make a deal, which won't happen. I would think he'll plead not guilty, Saul will put up an intentionally weak defense, and it'll be a slam dunk for the prosecution.

Having said that, I agree that from a story perspective it'll be much more interesting if Hank senses something funny and eventually makes the connection back to Walter. That almost certainly is going to happen eventually, but I think it'll be after this dude is locked up for a while and the blue meth continues to flow on the streets.

I think cops - especially DEA/drug enforcement types - are always under pressure to get arrests & get as many "scumbags" off the streets as possible. so I don't think it's really a case of being stupid as much as it's a case of being blinded by your goals.

Had to see that coming.

While he obviously won't get out of the game, it would be a hell of a writing experience to see what they did with it if he did.

Had to see that coming.
    right, especially after they announced that there will be a 3rd season you knew he'd have to get the cancer under control somehow.

no complaints here - this show is still the highpoint of the week for me, at least as far as TV goes.

While he obviously won't get out of the game, it would be a hell of a writing experience to see what they did with it if he did.
    Yeah, I doubt they will stop. But considering they just made enough meth to each pull down $750K+ each, I can see Walter might want to stop now... but if that happens you just know that Saul will be happy to blackmail him (or worse) in order to continue production.

You know what would be pretty damn cool? Skyler is an accountant right...what if she finally confronts Walt, sees the $$$, and ends up keeping books on the whole thing?

If they start keeping books for drug dealing, I hope they all go to jail.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vol8QyZgvC0"]YouTube - Breaking Bad ? ending of episode 2.10 (''Stay out of my territory")[/ame]

badass. Walter is finally embracing Heisenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    I fucking love it...that grin on his face at the end is awesome!

PS: how many more episodes are there? Looking forward to tomorrows...

Good stuff.

Elixir of the Mongoose First Liner Dexter's Avatar
    The fact that he chose the name "Heisenberg" is fantastic.

Yahoo! Hockey 12-Team H2H Auction League 7:4 (G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, GWG, W, SV%, GAA, SO)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 3BN, 1IR
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blown away by this episode, especially the tension of the last 10 minutes.

The complexity of Walt's character is just brilliant.

Elixir of the Mongoose First Liner Dexter's Avatar
    That whole episode was so emotional, but that least scene in particular, wow.

My girlfriend was in absolute shock about what just transpired.

Yahoo! Hockey 12-Team H2H Auction League 7:4 (G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, GWG, W, SV%, GAA, SO)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 3BN, 1IR
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was definitely crazy...and Walt is becoming EVIL! (can't say I am going to miss 'that' character who appears to be dead....annoyed the hell outta me!)

I just love how we're seeing the transformation of Walt... 2 or 3 episodes ago, he would have struggled with the situation but would have eventually broken down and done the "right" thing. To let her go - and to see him realize what he was doing and the decision he was making - was chilling.

I figured she was dead anyway - either at the hands of Walt or Gus. You can tell Jesse was upset with her blackmailing Walt, so they both feel something for the partnership. This way, though...will either scare him clean and back in the game or deeper into the addiction.

"Breaking Bad"

True to its name.

Though it's retarded business sense, I can easily foresee Walt and Jesse living together next season. Did Gus recognize Walt's picture on the jug?

Though it's retarded business sense, I can easily foresee Walt and Jesse living together next season.
    I guess that's possible. I suspect Walt's going to end up in an apartment (likely as a tenant to Jane's father )

Did Gus recognize Walt's picture on the jug?
    He absolutely recognized him - my first reaction was 'Walt's a dead man.' There's no way a 'careful man' like Gus is going to tolerate the chief narcotics agent's brother in law knowing his true identity.

Mixed feelings about the finale. part of me is thrilled to see Walt's house of cards collapse (I love how they never dumbed-down Skyler and she nailed him about his lies), but it was also fun watching him live the double life.

I didn't really care for the convenient coincidence w/rt the opening/final scene... they were already stretching it quite a bit having Walt and Jane's father meet last week... to have the crash occur directly over Walt's house was pretty ridiculous.

Heard somewhere that season 3 is slated for 30 episodes? Seems like way too many... but then again, I'm sure they'll make it work.
    Last edited by ih8music; 06-01-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: typos....

Albuquerque must be one small town.

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    I guess that's possible. I suspect Walt's going to end up in an apartment (likely as a tenant to Jane's father )

He absolutely recognized him - my first reaction was 'Walt's a dead man.' There's no way a 'careful man' like Gus is going to tolerate the chief narcotics agent's brother in law knowing his true identity.

Mixed feelings about the finale. part of me is thrilled to see Walt's house of cards collapse (I love how they never dumbed-down Skyler and she nailed him about his lies), but it was also fun watching him live the double life.

I didn't really care for the convenient coincidence w/rt the opening/final scene... they were already stretching it quite a bit having Walt and Jane's father meet last week... to have the crash occur directly over Walt's house was pretty ridiculous.

Heard somewhere that season 3 is slated for 30 episodes? Seems like way too many... but then again, I'm sure they'll make it work.
    If two planes collided, a sizeable area would get littered with the wreckage....I don't think it's inaccurate at all.

I felt so bad for Jane's dad when he pulled up to the house, then the whole sequence inside.

I want to fuck Skylar.

PS: holy fuck was that crack house scary!

just came across a great writeup about the finale:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/04/...ear-discussed/

I want to go back and read some of his reviews of past episodes... he pretty much nails why I have mixed feelings about the plane crash scene.

I feel like a moron...I just finished an English 102 class with a teacher who is very into everything being symbolic, yet I completely missed Holly-Jane and teddy bear-Walt.

the only remaining loose-end from the finale is the pink teddy bear. You may recall that the stuffed bear appeared in the previous episode, “Phoenix,” during a drug transaction and yet it inexplicably appears here floating in Walt White’s pool.
    Does anyone remember the teddy bear from the drug transaction? I don't...

Thread Information