Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Still a long season but like I said before, no reason to think he won't be there at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Still a long season but like I said before, no reason to think he won't be there at the end of the year.
    You were correct - he already is top-25.

Canadian Milos Raonic has moved up two places to No. 25 in the ATP rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    You were correct - he already is top-25.
    I was just saying he has work to do to stay there, it's a long season, he could fall back out.

That time again!

Tsonga, Raonic both into the 3rd round easily.

Tomic's match vs Verdasco was great.

Love this tournament!

Junior Member Fourth Liner
    Man, Feds can't seem to beat Nadal in a grand slam event. He's like kryptonite to Feds or something.

Also, can anyone really watch Victoria Azarenka with out going crazy? My god, the woman shrieks on EVERY single stroke! And jeez, what is she like when she's having sex???

^^ And Djokovic is to Nadal what he is to Federer.

And Aza shrieks but most of the women do that play. Not sure why she catches such hell down under. She's playing Sharapova, who probably is just as loud.

I don't mind a grunt here and there, but for every ground stroke? Even the serve? True, Sharpie does shriek as well!

It's funny how Djoko's not bothered at all by Nadal's lefty top spin the way it does Feds--especially to Feds backhand. And at least it doesn't seem like it bothers Djoko....

Quote Originally Posted by HiStickem View Post
    I don't mind a grunt here and there, but for every ground stroke? Even the serve? True, Sharpie does shriek as well!

It's funny how Djoko's not bothered at all by Nadal's lefty top spin the way it does Feds--especially to Feds backhand. And at least it doesn't seem like it bothers Djoko....
    Djokovic's backhand is too good and consistent in comparison to Rogers. The high-kick to the backhand doesn't wear down Djoko, he can consistently hit through it.

Djokovic POUNDS Nadal's backhand, and normally comes to the net more often when he hits to to his backhand. Roger was doing that last night early on but just seemed to wear down. Nadal just brutalizes him really.

Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    Djokovic POUNDS Nadal's backhand, and normally comes to the net more often when he hits to to his backhand. Roger was doing that last night early on but just seemed to wear down. Nadal just brutalizes him really.
    WAs Rafa getting a lot of points by attacking Feds back hand? It's probably too late for him to change, but what if Feds moved away from doing the one handed backhand when he plays Nadal? Would he have more control with a two hander against Nadal's lefty top spin to his back hand? Probably wouldn't matter, though...

I haven't seen any of the match yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HiStickem View Post
    WAs Rafa getting a lot of points by attacking Feds back hand? It's probably too late for him to change, but what if Feds moved away from doing the one handed backhand when he plays Nadal? Would he have more control with a two hander against Nadal's lefty top spin to his back hand? Probably wouldn't matter, though...

I haven't seen any of the match yet.
    Yeah, Rafa does nothing but hit to Feds backhand using his high kick to get up high and it just is too physical for Fed.

He made the adjustment early in the match to not slice it back but to try to hit over the top of it with his backhand. But by the 2nd and 3rd sets, Rafa was just too good for him.

I can't imagine Roger hitting a 2 handed backhand anymore. It's crazy though because Roger can handle Djokovic pretty well. Djokovic handles Nadal. Nadal handles Fed.

Funny how it works like that.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Cut the men's final pack for The Score tonight, 4:45 seconds long.

What.
    A.
    Match.

Was outstanding, to say the least.

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    I only caught the last 2 sets on replay and at the very end of the match it did appear that Djokovich had one more gear left that Nadal didn't.

Which was a little surprising considering Nadal had the extra rest and Djokovich coming off the 5 hour match vs Murray only 2 days ago....missed the first 3 sets but heard Pat McEnroe say Nadal should have been done in the 4th so props to both, wow.

Sounds like forgetting to record this match was a mistake

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Sounds like forgetting to record this match was a mistake
    No ESPN channel's north of the border? Because they've replayed it twice already.

The level of play in that final set was outstanding with both guys running down a lot of shots. Although neither guy looks like they have an ounce of body fat on them.

After the match when they have the tourney people speak before handing out the hardware both guys were in distress standing and waiting untill somebody finally brought out a couple chairs and they just flopped into them.

Was surprised to hear Djoko is 7-0 vs Raffa over their last 7 matches.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    TSN replayed it yesterday afternoon, I watched abit of it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes16 View Post
    No ESPN channel's north of the border? Because they've replayed it twice already.

The level of play in that final set was outstanding with both guys running down a lot of shots. Although neither guy looks like they have an ounce of body fat on them.

After the match when they have the tourney people speak before handing out the hardware both guys were in distress standing and waiting untill somebody finally brought out a couple chairs and they just flopped into them.

Was surprised to hear Djoko is 7-0 vs Raffa over their last 7 matches.
    Once I know who won, watching a replay doesn't cut it...at least not a 5 hr long match! (It's probably been on as two24four said...TSN is basically ESPN Canada...including partial ownership)

Thread Information