Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Is Sharapova ranked #1 or is she just the hottest tennis player?
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Is Sharapova ranked #1 or is she just the hottest tennis player?
    neither

awesome match early this mornig for the men's final. Tsonga played great and took the first set he continued his strong play but was losing his legs after awhile Djokovic won huge points on his serve when he needed them. Djokovic and his box were getting pissed about everyone going for Tsonga lol but Tsonga was just giving everything he had and even had a few set points on return in the 4th but ended up going to a 4th set tie-break which he lost. sucks Jo couldnt win cause he played some amazing tennis the last two weeks. cool that Djokovic one though too.

Figured you had a thread like this mrty... you ready for Tennis season again? I know I am pumped

Yup its back. Still holding out hope Ivanovic can get her game back. She started playing some really good Tennis earlier this week and had her forehand going great but that serve/ball toss is still hard to watch if she can only get that serve back she will be able to go deep into tournaments again. She got to the semi only to face Henin so yeah that didnt go over well lol. But looking forward to watching the AO later this month when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30 View Post
    Yup its back. Still holding out hope Ivanovic can get her game back. She started playing some really good Tennis earlier this week and had her forehand going great but that serve/ball toss is still hard to watch if she can only get that serve back she will be able to go deep into tournaments again. She got to the semi only to face Henin so yeah that didnt go over well lol. But looking forward to watching the AO later this month when I can.
    You know me, for the ladies I'll be pulling for Ivanovic and guys, of course my dude Jo-Willy Tsonga. I'm ready to for it man

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to the tennis season too.

I've got a job working for Tennis Canada, a group of us from my school are hosting and running and producing our own show for Top Spin radio, that's simulcast on the web. We've got two on air people, tech guys and producers, and we're in charge of all our own content.

It's a huge internship, every Monday all tennis...can't wait for it to start.

We start same week as the Australian Open. And over the summer we'll be live, hosting the Rogers Cup, interviewing players, calling matches and everything. Gonna be a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    I'm looking forward to the tennis season too.

I've got a job working for Tennis Canada, a group of us from my school are hosting and running and producing our own show for Top Spin radio, that's simulcast on the web. We've got two on air people, tech guys and producers, and we're in charge of all our own content.

It's a huge internship, every Monday all tennis...can't wait for it to start.

We start same week as the Australian Open. And over the summer we'll be live, hosting the Rogers Cup, interviewing players, calling matches and everything. Gonna be a blast.
    Sounds dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Sounds dynamite.
    Yeah it seriously does. Enjoy it!

My predictions:

Aussie Open: Murray
    French Open: Nadal will come back real strong for this one
    Wimbledon: Fed!
    US Open: Fed!

Quote Originally Posted by pjm View Post
    My predictions:

Aussie Open: Murray
    French Open: Nadal will come back real strong for this one
    Wimbledon: Fed!
    US Open: Fed!
    Aussie: Djokovic (hoping it'll be Jo Willy)
    French Open: Nadal
    Wimbledon: Fed
    US Open: Roddick

Decided to go out on a limb.

Glad to have some tennis fans!

Tennis is my second fav sport to hockey. Excited to get the season back underway! Waiting for April/May to roll through so this city thaws out and I can get back out on the courts

Quote Originally Posted by pjm View Post
    Tennis is my second fav sport to hockey. Excited to get the season back underway! Waiting for April/May to roll through so this city thaws out and I can get back out on the courts
    It's one of my favorites as well. I love playing.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Damn, the media and communications director for Tennis Canada just called us up to tell us our show's been delayed a week because some of the equipment is going to be late getting to the Rexall Center.

So now we don't get to do a show during the Australian Open, our first show is going to wind up being a wrapup of the tourney. :/
    Last edited by CayugaPosse; 01-12-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Sunday at 7, on ESPN!!! Hopefully I'll be up for it after the Jets game

A potential match between Dementieva and Henin could be in the 2nd round! That should be good. Ivanovic has a tough draw with probably having to face Zvonareva 3rd round then Azarenka 4th round. Cant expect much from Ana at this point though I just hope she can win atleast her first two matches and hopefully look good doing it. I hope her ball toss problems will someday get fixed

Awesome win today for Kirilenko over Sharapova. Almost 3 and a half hours! Nice to see her battle back when down 2-4 in the 1st set tie-break and battling through some rough service games but she played pretty well throughout. Met her almost 3 years and and have been a big fan since, hopefully she can continue the succes into the next round.

Awesome win today for Kirilenko over Sharapova. Almost 3 and a half hours! Nice to see her battle back when down 2-4 in the 1st set tie-break and battling through some rough service games but she played pretty well throughout. Met her almost 3 years and and have been a big fan since, hopefully she can continue the succes into the next round.
    Very cool that you know her. First big upset!

Looking forward to Oudin tomorrow!

Senior Member All-Star MrScientist's Avatar
    Anyone catch the Serena interview? She wouldn't have been fined $92,000 if she were a man. God, shes comes off as a giant spoiled cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by boltsfan26 View Post
    Anyone catch the Serena interview? She wouldn't have been fined $92,000 if she were a man. God, shes comes off as a giant spoiled cunt.
    She is always talking shit like that the best is when she losses in tournaments its always her fault that she lost and gives no credit to her opponent. It was awesome seeing Clijsters dominate her. She's still a great player and im surprised she has kept winning slams with the new schedule these days but yeah her antics are bullshit and I cant see how people actually want her to win when she acts like that.

She is always talking shit like that the best is when she losses in tournaments its always her fault that she lost and gives no credit to her opponent. It was awesome seeing Clijsters dominate her. She's still a great player and im surprised she has kept winning slams with the new schedule these days but yeah her antics are bullshit and I cant see how people actually want her to win when she acts like that.
    Serena is my most hated player, on both tours.

Ivanovic atleast got through yesterday without much incident. Her ball toss was still bad though. If she could only get her serve back she would be a top 10 player playing at 50%. The serve is just not an asset for her anymore. A ton less free points these days. Tonight first on in the evening is Dementieva and Henin. Sucks one will be leaving so early but this should be a great match.

For the men the Youzhny and Gasquet match was awesome. Youzhny down 2 sets then wins the third in a breaker. But gets down in the 4th and starts cramping. Somehow he found a way to get it to the tie-break to force the 5th set. Youzhny came out slow in the fifth but again came back and took the last 4 games to close it out 6-4.

I had a feeling Soderling was going to go home early... but not this early. Pretty big surprise. Andreev started so well against Federer! Good match there. The Youzhny match was very good too.

Tsonga took care of business very quickly

I'm ready for Henin/Dementiva tonight!!

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Iam not really into Tennis, but I did find myself watching the Federer match last night.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Iam not really into Tennis, but I did find myself watching the Federer match last night.
    Yeah, for me it was last night's Flames game () or watch Federer take care of business. I chose Federer.

Loving watching all this tennis, really getting me in the mood for this summer. I love this sport

Cant wait for tonights match. Im really hoping Dementieva can pull it out cause she has a good chance to go deep and win her first slam. But its going to be a tough test vs Henin.

Good match last night. Props to Henin! Glad she is back. Wish Blake would of pulled it off against Del Potro too.
    Last edited by dw13; 01-20-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Yeah Henin and Dementieva battled out there the match was very close despite it being straight sets. I was thinking Blake could give Del Potro a little trouble but I wasnt expecting that. Especially when Blake broke back in the fifth set when Del Potro was serving for the match. Great Tennis so far and its only been 3 days.

Bye Ivanovic

Thread Information