Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar

Australian Open...

i know im in the minority here being a tennis fan here lol but anyone else like tennis and are watching?

still in the early rounds but already there have been some amazing matches so far!

alot on the line in this one for the men.
    -It won't happen but Nadal has a chance to take the #1 ranking from Fed and be even at 2 Grand Slams with Fed for the calender year.
    -Federer looked fine after the bad chicken scare and is going for yet another Grand Slam title. and he always puts on a show in melbourne like last year against roddick!
    -Djokovic is right in the mix as well, along with a few others.

the women have 2 main contenders and atleast 6 others that have a great chance.
    Henin
    sharapova
    williams sisters
    jankovic
    vaidisova
    chakvetadze
    and ofcourse the world #3 Ivanovic are all in the hunt

the first HUGE match will most likely be in Ivanovic's quarter when in the QF it will be her against Venus.

anyways its gonna be a late night for me tonight lol the night session starts at 12:30 am local time for me and my girl Ana is playing!! also another big 2nd round match on after for the men with Safin and Baghdatis which should be a complete war!

Line Combo Guru All-Star nyrblue2's Avatar
    I used to watch Wimbledon when I was on summer vacation, but I think work is going to get in the way of that from now on, lol.

Not really sure why I only watched that one. I never watch the other 3 majors.

Quote Originally Posted by nyrblue2 View Post
    I used to watch Wimbledon when I was on summer vacation, but I think work is going to get in the way of that from now on, lol.

Not really sure why I only watched that one. I never watch the other 3 majors.
    ah i see. wimbledon is cool, the australian open used to have this carpet like surface called rebound ace but now its more of a hard court and the us open are hard courts. the french open is the red clay which is always awesome to watch.

average points end on grass (fastest surface) and hard courts in like 3 seconds. average points on red clay last like over 11 seconds plus you can slide on the red clay and that can be a big weapon to players if they know how to do it very well.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    I don't watch much, but I do bet on it... (go figure right?!?!) Most of the favorites are ridiculously favored so I tie them to the tail end of a parlay for easy added value.

I do watch Sharapova on occasion.

If you see any upsets in the making, feel free to post them either here or in KK's picks thread and I will look to play those picks.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I don't watch much, but I do bet on it... (go figure right?!?!) Most of the favorites are ridiculously favored so I tie them to the tail end of a parlay for easy added value.

I do watch Sharapova on occasion.

If you see any upsets in the making, feel free to post them either here or in KK's picks thread and I will look to play those picks.
    yeah you cant really bet on alot of favorites especially when sometimes you would have to throw down 10k just to win 100 dollars lol its never a for sure thing with tennis either as a top seeded player or anyone can retire from the match with injury. i have been doing awesome picking upsets so far, only thing is i havent been betting on most of them lol

i used to watch more tennis when i was younger and didnt work full-time. now all i do is work and watch hockey on center ice. ive got 13 games backed up on my dvr right now.
    "On your BEST day, you're not as smart as I am, on my WORST day." -Judge Judy-

i need to catch up on sleep! the last 2 days the night session matches have been complete wars! this morning coverage began at 12:30am local time for me and didnt end till after 7am! thats the only bad thing about tennis the HUGE timezone differences!

anyways with the second week starting in a few days there are going to be ALOT of great matches on everyday.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I dont watch alot of Tennis, but I saw the highlights tonight of Andy Roddick when he lost today, is he always a sore loser, or was that just a one time thing? man did he look like a little cry baby after his match, throwing his racket and yelling at the umpire and the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I dont watch alot of Tennis, but I saw the highlights tonight of Andy Roddick when he lost today, is he always a sore loser, or was that just a one time thing? man did he look like a little cry baby after his match, throwing his racket and yelling at the umpire and the fans.
    that match was a WAR he wasnt mad at anybody, just couldnt believe he lost. both guys deserved to win, they played at such an incredible pace for a full 5 sets with alot of tie-breaks in between. played till about 2am local melbourne time. the quality of ball striking throughout the match was crazy not many errors mostly winners. roddicks chances of winning another grand slam are narrowing, he has no chance on the clay but come wimbledon he is going to want it bad. if it wasnt for a slip up last year he was going to meet federer.

anyways great match on right now federer playing in the third set tied 1-1 against tipsarevic one of the many young serbian players up and coming but he is holding his own vs fed.

Senior Member Third Liner
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30 View Post
    i need to catch up on sleep! the last 2 days the night session matches have been complete wars! this morning coverage began at 12:30am local time for me and didnt end till after 7am! thats the only bad thing about tennis the HUGE timezone differences!

anyways with the second week starting in a few days there are going to be ALOT of great matches on everyday.
    i actually like the timezone zone difference.im in the pacific so it gives a sports betting degenerate junkie like me action around the clock. i am a fan of the sport though and for a pick tonight i like baghdatis <-160> over hewitt... even though it is on hewitts home turf, it maybe his time to go.

another pick is for perhaps the next round. if jancovic gets there, she will surely lose to vaidisova/s. williams.

btw federer is on right now he actually dropped the 1st set but evened it now on serve in the 3rd. pls federer dont die.*edit sorry for being redundant didnt see tail end of previous post*
    Last edited by goleafsgoal; 01-19-2008 at 03:19 AM. Reason: 2nd edit sorry just after i posted federer misses 2 set points and then drops his next service game WTF.
    /\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\
    Team 1

10 Teams, H2H

ST:

F: datsyuk,m. hossa, cammalleri, gomez, sakic, havlat
    D: boyle, timonen, jovanovski, kuba
    G: osgoode, backstrom

BN: hemsky, sykora, demitra, dumont, rozsival
    bryzgalov
    IR:

Team 2

8 Teams, H2H

ST:

C: H Sedin, Briere
    LW: Ovechkin, Cammalleri
    RW: Hossa, Havlat
    D: Rafalski, Blake, Meszaros, Kuba
    UTL: Stastny, Selanne
    G: Osgood, Huet

BN: p bergeron, stamkos, arnott, demitra
    bryzgalov

Quote Originally Posted by goleafsgoal View Post
    i actually like the timezone zone difference.im in the pacific so it gives a sports betting degenerate junkie like me action around the clock. i am a fan of the sport though and for a pick tonight i like baghdatis <-160> over hewitt... even though it is on hewitts home turf, it maybe his time to go.

another pick is for perhaps the next round. if jancovic gets there, she will surely lose to vaidisova/s. williams.

btw federer is on right now he actually dropped the 1st set but evened it now on serve in the 3rd. pls federer dont die.*edit sorry for being redundant didnt see tail end of previous post*
    lol yeah, anyways baghdatis is a great pick with good odds tonight against hewitt, shpould be a great match but if it goes long like i think it will i wonder how baghdatis will hold up after that 5 set match against safin.

i cant stand serena so classless when she loses, i hope nicole destroys her plus vaidisova is a nhl fan but Jankovic depending on how she comes out can still beat either one.

another good match coming up is a potential Ivanovic/Venus QF Ivanovic should be a slight underdog so good odds their. Winner of that match goes to the final.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30 View Post
    lol yeah, anyways baghdatis is a great pick with good odds tonight against hewitt, shpould be a great match but if it goes long like i think it will i wonder how baghdatis will hold up after that 5 set match against safin.

i cant stand serena so classless when she loses, i hope nicole destroys her plus vaidisova is a nhl fan but Jankovic depending on how she comes out can still beat either one.

another good match coming up is a potential Ivanovic/Venus QF Ivanovic should be a slight underdog so good odds their. Winner of that match goes to the final.
    wtf federer just dropped the 3rd. i do like ur woman ana though against mirza or most likely venus, who has been struggling with her serve. i used to hate the williams sisters but i feel sorry for them after they started getting rigged by the officials( this tiebreaker miscount in wimbledon w\ venus +terrible call in usopen costing serena maybe championship)
    Team 1

10 Teams, H2H

ST:

bryzgalov
    IR:

Team 2

8 Teams, H2H

ST:

bryzgalov

Yeah!! interview with Ana <3 after her match tonight, but sorry Ana i want fed to win not janko!!

yeah somehow Fed has been playing better tennis but not only has tipsarevic been staying in there he is beating Roger. lets hope Federer turns it on now in the 4th!! i think he will pull away i dont know how janko can keep this up.
    Last edited by mrtybrodur30; 01-19-2008 at 03:37 AM.

mirza has no chance at all vs venus unless venus retires with injury, sania's head is not even in there completely her country gives her so much shit about this and that dealing with her religion etc etc she is talking about quiting tennis because of it all. but i do hope she upsets venus. Venus has ended Ana's wimbledon and u.s. open last year!

YES! Federer with the break, hold this time! his other 2 breaks janko has come and broke back.

that 4th was more like federer. i know its rf but i dont wanna jinx anything and im leaving it @ that...
    Team 1

10 Teams, H2H

ST:

bryzgalov
    IR:

Team 2

8 Teams, H2H

ST:

bryzgalov

down 2-1 in the fifth on his serve, who is janko right now? he is playing great. Roger really needs to turn it on here, his FH has not been the same tonight. that baghdatis/hewitt match isnt going to finish till 4am or soemthing lol

say they start venus/mirza at 9pm that match will last atleast one hour maybe longer if mirza can put up a fight, ill say a 10:45 pm start time for hewitt/baghdatis that easily has the potential to go well over 3 hours lol

doublepost

holy fuck Federer misses out on a double break chance but then comes right back and wins his serve at love with a ton of aces. janko is playing out of his mind right now! this has been a awesome match. 3-3 in the 5th right now

1 williams down , 1 to go. im betting on ana tomorrow.AJDE!
    Team 1

10 Teams, H2H

ST:

bryzgalov
    IR:

Team 2

8 Teams, H2H

ST:

bryzgalov

yeah JJ played well today and is through. VERY happy about that io cant stand Serena. for tomorrow Ivanovic has basically called out Venus saying she is here to win and is going to get her revenge on her this time out, it should be a good match to see. Ivanovic needs to have a high % on her first serve if she does that her chances of winning are even better. I cannot wait for this one tomorrow night!!

Sharapova is a great play against Henin later tonight. Henin is def the favorite, but Sharapova is not only playing better tennis than her, Maria is playing the best tennis i have ever seen her play. if her serve is on like it has been i think she will be Very tough to beat, but Henin is like the womens Federer and still is the world #1. there last match was in Madrid at the YEC in november it lasted almost 4 hours and went 3 sets with Henin winning. should be a great macth it starts at 12:30 am pacific time.

1 williams down , 1 to go. im betting on ana tomorrow.AJDE!
    Here's the matches I have:

3:00am EST
    Henin @ 1.53
    Sharapova @ 2.37

5:00am EST
    Tsonga @ 2.62
    Youzhny @ 1.44

7:00pm EST
    Federer @ 1.04
    Blake @ 9.00

Any shot at Blake winning??? Or do I add Federer to the back end of a parlay with something else??? How about Sharapova?? Or did she do too many camera commercials to really matter in tennis anymore. I know Henin is good. Never heard of the 5:00pm match guys.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

i do not think blake has what it takes to ever beat federer. although roger has appeared human at times this tourny, i personally could never see myself betting against the greatest ever unless its on clay vs nadal or if the odds for the particular challenger are too good to pass up. as for sharapova, henin is in form and the current world #1 for a reason. it is possible for maria to win, it will just take a lot. and in the tsonga youzhny match it really could go either way...the russian is favored but i see value in tsonga here. i also can easily see this match going 4 sets which is why im betting the over in game total[39.5 @ -130].
    Team 1

10 Teams, H2H

ST:

bryzgalov
    IR:

Team 2

8 Teams, H2H

ST:

bryzgalov

i do not think blake has what it takes to ever beat federer. although roger has appeared human at times this tourny, i personally could never see myself betting against the greatest ever unless its on clay vs nadal or if the odds for the particular challenger are too good to pass up. as for sharapova, henin is in form and the current world #1 for a reason. it is possible for maria to win, it will just take a lot. and in the tsonga youzhny match it really could go either way...the russian is favored but i see value in tsonga here. i also can easily see this match going 4 sets which is why im betting the over in game total[39.5 @ -130].
    Oh shit... I don't get totals...just winners. That's kinda cool though.

That's what I thought about Federer. I'll find a hoops game or something that I like a lot and just tack Federer on. I think I'll put a dollar on Henin. I really don't see Sharapova winning.

like i said earlier Henin is awesome, but Sharapova has been just dominant. the best she has ever played, she is holding serve with ease, and returning she is seeming to always find the 1st shot in the rally. i can see it going either way but Sharapova is a good play here especially cause she is the underdog and has been playing better anyway. but who knows justine could start playing her best tennis this match. but as for right now Maria has been playing alot better tennis, most writers have this match at 50/50.

Tsonga/Youzhny- youzhny is the favorite here but Tsonga has been playing incredible especially taking out his Gasquet. im hoping youzhny wins here so he can face Nadal in the SF. if Tsonga wins he will get owned by Nadal in the SF.

Federer/Blake- blake has been off and on, i mean he almost lost in straight sets to grosjean but he came back and his last match he was very good. i think Federer would have to play worse than he did vs Janko to lose and blake would have to play very well. but i think federer will take this. i think the first set could be close even going to a tie break but Federer will continue his very high level of play and blake will drop off

for the men the best match is going to be Djokovic/Ferrer this should be a WAR i really like both of these guys and i have no clue who will win. if the odds arent even djokovic will have a very slight edge.

well i watched it early this morning and Masha put on a show! 6-4, 6-0 she totally destroyed Henin the 6-4 1st set looks alot better than it was for Henin. Sharapova played exactly like i had said and now some of the announcers and writers are saying what i said about her and how she is playing the best tennis they have ever seen her play. very high 1st serve %, took very good care of her service game, put alot of pressure on Henin's service game and broke her multiple times. every long point in the match Maria totally controlled and won.

also Tsonga continued his strong play and beat youzhny in straight sets which i was very surprised to see. not that he won but that he won in straight sets 7-5, 6-0, 7-6(6) Tsonga has played well but is a better matchup for nadal than youzhny would have been.

yea youzhny should have atleast taken the 1st set to a tiebreaker after squandering an easy overhead at the net @ deuce at 5-6 in games. that plagued him that game and the next set..even so, tsonga outclassed the russian today and deserves to be where he is. i really do think he has a chance @ upsetting rafa as tsonga has been serving really well and not making as many errors as he has in the past. either way im still betting on ana on the women's side tonight, lets hope i dont jinx her like do with everyone else.
    Team 1

10 Teams, H2H

ST:

bryzgalov
    IR:

Team 2

8 Teams, H2H

ST:

bryzgalov

here we go Ivanovic starts out on serve!

Game Set And Match.
    Team 1

10 Teams, H2H

ST:

bryzgalov
    IR:

Team 2

8 Teams, H2H

ST: