Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Awesome game tonight by the Pats tonight, by far there best game this season, other then the 6 sacks against.

Morris was running all over DEN till he got hurt, hope he's not hurt bad, same for Harrison, but his injury looked bad.

Huge win as we are now 4-2 and keep pace with Buffalo who is 1st in the east at 5-1.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Awesome game tonight by the Pats tonight, by far there best game this season, other then the 6 sacks against.

Morris was running all over DEN till he got hurt, hope he's not hurt bad, same for Harrison, but his injury looked bad.

Huge win as we are now 4-2 and keep pace with Buffalo who is 1st in the east at 5-1.
    That's the Pats we know right there! Great game tonight for everyone. Lets hope this will spark the team and get us on a roll. Losing Rodney really hurts though. I agree that injury did not look good. You could tell by the look on his face alone that it could be his last game this year, maybe ever. Hopefully not, but it just doesn't look good. As for Morris...great, great game. Lets hope that he is ok as well. My guess is that they didn't want to risk him going out with such a big lead. Hopefully he will be ready to next week. Go Pats!!!

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Of course I had the week won....without the services of Randy, Wes and the DEF. I hope they show up sometime when I really need them.

Good Luck Pats fans.....Nice to see adversity
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Against the Broncos defense, sooooo impressive.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't go counting on this lighting any sort of spark. The Denver defense is an utter joke. It still remains to be determined if this Pats team is a serious contender this year or not, and dominating the Broncos doesn't prove that.

A win is a win, know one said we are going right to the SB after this game, it's just nice to keep up with Buffalo right now.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Against the Broncos defense, sooooo impressive.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't go counting on this lighting any sort of spark. The Denver defense is an utter joke. It still remains to be determined if this Pats team is a serious contender this year or not, and dominating the Broncos doesn't prove that.
    Seriously?

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Seriously?
    I'm out of the loop on Brady's status, but as long as hes gone, I don't take the team too seriously. They haven't been particularly impressive. Go figure Moss wakes up against one of the worst defenses in the league.

Again, I'm not counting them out at all, but I'm nowhere near convinced. Espicially with their joke schedule.

I like what the Pats did tonight but I was impressed with the O. I've been impressed all year with that defense honestly. When Green-Ellis goes for 60+ against ANY team, you know the defense is bad. Dude was flat out horrid at Ole Miss.

Once again, impressive defensive effort by the Pats. Schemed so well week in and week out.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    He's over rated anyway... I've never seen much good out of him as a RB?

Am I missing something, or is he just always injured?

Also, I heard Brady had a "2nd" procedure on his bum knee due to infection. Bummer...
    Yeah Brady had a second surgery done I guess a week and a half ago or so.

As far as Maroney goes. He actually is a pretty solid back. Unfortunately for him two things happened. He landed on a team that passes a ton. And he landed on a team that uses multiple backs. If he was somewhere else, you would notice him more.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Yeah Brady had a second surgery done I guess a week and a half ago or so.

As far as Maroney goes. He actually is a pretty solid back. Unfortunately for him two things happened. He landed on a team that passes a ton. And he landed on a team that uses multiple backs. If he was somewhere else, you would notice him more.
    I agree KK in the right situation Maroney would do well.

I also like Maroney, he just cant seem to stay healthy, I think they would use him more if he could stay healthy.

Maybe at the next draft it might be time to draft another RB just to be on the safe side, with Maroney getting hurt alot, and Morris, Jordan and Faulk not getting any younger.

Damn, Harrison is done for the season it looks like.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3655364

Hope it's not the last we've seen of him, it looked bad last night, I'm not shocked he done for the season.

Good news is we have Meriweather (last seasons 1st round pick) who will step in and take his spot, Meriweather is a great young player.

That's now Brady, Maroney and now Harrison all gone for the season.
    Last edited by two24four; 10-21-2008 at 01:58 PM.

I think losing Harrison will end up being a plus for this team. Yes he brings some spirit but he brings lack of skill and makes up for it with his unsportsmen like penalties. I know it sounds bad, but I hope its the last of him and he calls it a career. He is dirty, and violent and I'm fed up with seeing him fly around trying to end peoples seasons.

Merriweather is a sound reciever, and who goes back there also? Saunders? Pats will be fine defensively based on Schemes alone.

Yeah Lewis Sanders will get some more time, James Sanders already starts back there.

That really sucks about Rodney. Tough loss for the team. I wonder if they go after Lynch again?

Quote Originally Posted by soty View Post
    That really sucks about Rodney. Tough loss for the team. I wonder if they go after Lynch again?
    Maybe, I never thought of that, they just might now.

Quote Originally Posted by soty View Post
    Word is Lynch just cannot play anymore. I doubt they try him again.

Patriots S Harrison’s injury appears career-ending

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—Rodney Harrison’s career is almost certainly over after the hard-hitting but injury-plagued safety of the New England Patriots tore his right thigh muscle.

“It appears as though the rehab could take 8 to 10 months,” a person familiar with the injury told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team has not made an official announcement.

“For all intents and purposes, his career is over,” the person, who confirmed the nature of the injury, said in an e-mail Tuesday.

Harrison, a 15-year veteran, two-time Pro Bowler and two-time Super Bowl champion, tore the quadriceps muscle without being hit while chasing scrambling quarterback Jay Cutler on the last play of the third quarter of the Patriots’ 41-7 win over the Denver Broncos on Monday night.

Harrison has had persistent thigh problems as far back as last season’s playoffs.

“He’s had a slight tear all (this) season,” Bill McLaughlin, a marketing representative for Harrison, said Tuesday. “He was getting treatment on it.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Shitty, I know alot of non Pats fans hate him, and will prob be happy to hear about this, but he's done alot for this team, I hope he sticks around and helps the young guys from the side lines.

Ain't that a shame!

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Bonger.... I laughed out loud when I saw this.. Nice!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Know one is crying here, I'm fine with Merriweather.

Know one is crying here, I'm fine with Merriweather.
    Atleast he posesses some sort of football skill, something Harrison lost along time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Atleast he posesses some sort of football skill, something Harrison lost along time ago.
    I dont know if I would go that far, Harrison is 21st in the NFL for total Tackles with 45 this season, and that's in one less game then most of the leaders, still doing something right.

I dont know if I would go that far, Harrison is 21st in the NFL for total Tackles with 45 this season, and that's in one less game then most of the leaders, still doing something right.
    Tackles are somewhat of an overrated safety stat.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Tackles are somewhat of an overrated safety stat.
    He's still doing something to help the team though, that's the main thing.

He's still doing something to help the team though, that's the main thing.
    I think hes mainly a leader, hes got more skill than Bruschi so yeah on that. He can still lead from the sidelines, I just don't see this hurting the Pats too much

Bruschi's not great anymore, but he's also not hurting us, he's helping bring Mayo along, who I love, Mayo is the f*cking man IMO, he's just getting better and better each game, Mayo was a great pick at the draft.

Bruschi's not great anymore, but he's also not hurting us, he's helping bring Mayo along, who I love, Mayo is the f*cking man IMO, he's just getting better and better each game, Mayo was a great pick at the draft.
    Yeah, I hated Mayo at Tennessee but thats the Gator in me. He's been very good.

Thread Information