Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1691
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Woooo going back to the Super Bowl!

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    If only billionaire's werent so concerned with looking classy, we'd get to enjoy the sight of Kraft holding up the trophy and saying "Deflate this" in front of Goodell.

I don't think the Falcons are ready for this. Their coaches are mediocre. They're just so much more talented than the rest of the NFL (On offense) that they're able to look so crazy dominant. But two weeks to prepare makes the superbowl more of a coaches battle and I think Bellichick has a huge edge with two weeks to spare vs anybody.

Not a lot of offenses look good vs the Patriots in the superbowl. The only exception was the 2nd loss to the giants. Outside of that great game by Eli, offenses usually drag dirt against the Pats. Atlanta is great but the coaching just isn't there, it's all the same guys who blew it time and time again and I think this is just gonna be another example. The Packers were a mediocre team healthy this year, and they had to play Atl with half the team hurt. This is a whole different test.
    Last edited by Kyle; 01-28-2017 at 05:09 PM.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    I would never put a coaching staff close with the Pats, but I think that you're shortchanging the Atlanta staff. Shanahan has proven to be a find. Coaching will play a part, but I think that the balance of the Pats will prove to be too much. Atlanta better figure out a way to get pressure on Brady without blitzing or it'll be a long day for them.

I'm still really nervous as a Patriots fan for this game. That Falcons offense this season is the real deal.

Go Patriots Go!!!!

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    My money is on the Pats....but i always pick the wrong superbowl winner
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    My money is on the Pats....but i always pick the wrong superbowl winner
    Then please bet the house on the Pats.

Wooooooooooooo Super Bowl Champs again!!!! Brady and BB are the GOAT's.

5x

That was far and beyond the best GAME in NFL history, which easily makes it the best SB, by far the best single-game comeback in the history of American sports, the game that definitively decided the GOAT status of a coach, player, and franchise.

BB is the greatest coach ever, Brady is the greatest QB, and the Patriots are FAR FAR FAR and beyond better than every organization/team that ever existed. They're better than the steel curtain, better than the 80's Bears, better than Walshes 49ers, and are doing it in a way more balanced and competitive era.

Call that hyperbole if you want but its a day later and I still 100% believe all of that. This was the most significant game imaginable, not just the win but how it happened.

The funny thing is, the greatest 4th quarter in superbowl history looked like a sequel of the other greatest 4th quarter in superbowl history...which happened to be Tom Brady two years ago. He did it again. This time instead of vs an elite defense, he did it with a 25 pt deficit (And no special teams/defensive TDs). GOAT.
    Last edited by Kyle; 02-06-2017 at 10:34 AM.

PS - Fuck greatest QB. Brady is the greatest NFL player period in the history of the sport. If they redid that top-100 list and still put Jerry Rice at #1 ahead of Brady, those fools are without merit. Brady is far better than Montana, Rice, LT, Jim Brown, fire off your list of all time greats and they simply don't compare to Brady. Not statistically, not in terms of accomplishments, not in terms of longevity, not in regards to leadership or intangibles. He wins every fucking category imaginable. 28 TD to 2 int and then this playoff run. What a freak.

And they'll be the obvious favorites for next year.
    Last edited by Kyle; 02-06-2017 at 10:34 AM.

The GOAT, at any position, is bullshit to me since it's entirely subjective. Brady and Belichick are clearly two of the best ever at what they do. I just leave it at that. What impresses me more than anything about that organization is how they've sustained success for so long with a salary cap. I'm interested in seeing what one does without the other if they don't retire at the same time.

I think BB would be wise to just hang them up with Brady, unless they're fully committed to Garoppolo and believe in him. If BB thinks Garo is his guy, I can easily see him winning 2-3 more with him. If he doesn't believe that, I fully expect him to retire. BB isn't gonna slosh around in uncertain waters waiting years to draft a QB. He either will know he has that guy or retire if he doesn't think hes there, IMO.

Maybe he truly loves coaching and football too much to walk away even if he does suddenly become some sub-500 coach without Brady. To me I think greatness will be a stronger temptation for BB and he'll choose a cemented legacy over a longer career.

Brady says he wants to play till he's 45 so it will be awhile yet. He does not look like he's slowing down any.

I'm still on a high from night. Woooooo

Yeah, people like to compare Brady to Manning and Favre. They say "those two looked amazing as well until they suddenly sucked." I think the comparison is worthless. Brady is a different kind of 39. He's offset his physical decline with better dieting and life habits. You can say he throws harder today than when he was 28. This morning he talked about how his whole career he used to have to manage soreness in his arm after games, now he doesn't get sore anymore.

Without an unlucky injury he'll make it 5 more years.

Yeah he really watches what he eats big time. I also heard he doesn't drink.

If Brady really plans to play another 5 years, and there's no reason to think that he can't, I don't see them hanging onto Jimmy Garoppolo. I actually think that he'll get traded this offseason.

Lot's of rumors already that he might be going to the Browns. How true they are who knows.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

It was a disastrous sequence for Shanahan that has to have 49ers fans worried they didn't get the guy truly behind the Falcons success this year.

Matt Ryan and that talented offense has been due for a season like this for some time now. I'm not sure how much of it is due to Shanahan's great scheme. I never felt like Atlanta was a well coached team as I made very clear in my pregame predictions. This game certainly supported my suggestion that the Falcons are not a specifically well-coached offense but just a brilliant collection of individuals.

Could very well be wrong and maybe the 49ers have a chance but to me Shanahan showed enough to make 49ers fans worried. Add a mediocre and under-qualified mind at GM in John Lynch (He is far from John Elway as a football mind and as an intellectual in general) and you have a recipe for them to fail for a long while to come. On Atlantas side of things I don't expect them to suffer for the loss of Shanahan.

Not running the ball twice there is the worst decision(s) in SB history by far. I bet Quinn booked Shanahan's flight to San Fran straight from Houston.

Shanahan didn't do him any favors, but I blame Quinn. He's the head coach. He would have been well within his power to say to him that, I don't care what plays you run but they better be running plays. How do you know that Lynch isn't the football mind or intellectual that Elway is? They both went to Stanford and they have both been around the game for a long time. Lynch has a lot of work before he proves to be on par with Elway, but I don't see how we know that yet.

I've heard a ton of dumb shit from Lynch over the years man. Not everyone who goes to a good school is brilliant. He's an athlete. His degree is in communication. He was well spoken and safe enough to bring to a top school to be an athlete first and earn a communications degree. Elways was in economics. Anyone who pays attention to both speak can immediately recognize Elway is far smarter than Lynch, has far more useful things to say regarding football, and as a QB has a big advantage. QBs are obviously better candidates to succeed at coaching/executive positions, they spend their entire careers having to learn every position. They can learn a GMs post important job (Pricing and evaluating talent) way quicker than any other position.

I'm questioning how much you actually remember of John Lynch over the years but there's a reason his hire is pretty much widely considered a joke move by one of the shittiest franchises in pro sports. As to your answer "How do you know" that's because I choose to follow 99% odds. 1/100 players work out in these situations and its usually a QB turned coach or executive. I would bet nearly any young ex-player turned GM would fail, and in this the odds are hilariously stacked against him. Jed York is a total clown and Shanahan and Lynch will be unwitting participants in the show for years.
    Last edited by Kyle; 02-08-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Not getting into this Lynch stuff.

I'll say this, I haven't seen BB this happy after a SB win ever. This is the happiest he's been that I've seen. He was on Fallon with Jules the next night cracking jokes and laughing... he was smiling all through the parade yesterday then started that chant "No day's off" while joking with players up on the stage....Right after the game the other night he jumped on ESPN's set and gave one of his best interviews I've seen him give. He's soaking this 5th one in.
    Last edited by two24four; 02-08-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I've heard a ton of dumb shit from Lynch over the years man. Not everyone who goes to a good school is brilliant. He's an athlete. His degree is in communication. He was well spoken and safe enough to bring to a top school to be an athlete first and earn a communications degree. Elways was in economics. Anyone who pays attention to both speak can immediately recognize Elway is far smarter than Lynch, has far more useful things to say regarding football, and as a QB has a big advantage. QBs are obviously better candidates to succeed at coaching/executive positions, they spend their entire careers having to learn every position. They can learn a GMs post important job (Pricing and evaluating talent) way quicker than any other position.

I'm questioning how much you actually remember of John Lynch over the years but there's a reason his hire is pretty much widely considered a joke move by one of the shittiest franchises in pro sports. As to your answer "How do you know" that's because I choose to follow 99% odds. 1/100 players work out in these situations and its usually a QB turned coach or executive. I would bet nearly any young ex-player turned GM would fail, and in this the odds are hilariously stacked against him. Jed York is a total clown and Shanahan and Lynch will be unwitting participants in the show for years.
    There have been a lot of unintelligent QB's over the years, but that wasn't my point. I like Elway and think that he's done a great job. My point was asking how you can claim to know so much about Lynch. Elway's job has mainly been to build a team and remain relatively quiet. Lynch's job has been to talk. Of course, he's going to say some dumb things along the way. From what I've seen, this is Shanahan's franchise and Lynch is going to learn on the job and basically get him the players that he wants. It's clearly unorthodox and has a great chance of blowing up, especially when you give both of them 6 year deals. My comments have nothing to do with whether I agree with the hirings. I was just wondering how you could know with certainty whether he could do the job or not. Only time will tell on that.

You know me well enough by now to not misunderstand my implied confidence as though I'm trying to state a fact. Of course I can't know for sure. I'm just a realist man, certainly not an optimist. Only an optimist can think of a positive thing (Or even a neutral thing) to say about the Lynch hire. Even just saying "who knows, lets give him time" is extremely optimistic just based on the odds that this will fail.

Just to reiterate, I called him a mediocre football mind and I base that on a lot of years of on-air comments. I said he isn't qualified to be a GM. Almost no ex player is ever qualified to be a GM. I then did not call him a dummy or a moron but only said he isn't intellectually on par with Elway. Doesn't mean he's a goon, just means he isn't Elway, and he's not.

Elway's chance to fail was extremely high too, but there was infinitely more reasons to predict good things out of him. Let's remember: He took over the job with his historically good defense mostly already built, he got Peyton Manning handed to him, and then he finally won his SB because of said defense that he hardly built. His main accomplishments was putting people in the right places to lead guys. Lynch doesn't even have that opportunity, he has no roster to lead towards anything successful and Peyton Manning isn't coming to town. Elway needed massive breaks and advantages and Lynch hardly has the same chances.

Sorry to hijack the thread 24, figured its gonna go silent here for a long time soon anyway!
    Last edited by Kyle; 02-09-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Sounds like the Patriots have traded for TE Dwayne Allen from the Colts for a late round pick. With Bennett leaving I like this trade. He's a good blocker which BB loves. Already reloading for ring #6.

I think you're reaching a bit. Dwayne Allen doesn't help much of anything, but if they can lock down Brandon Marshall, that'd be a huge deal. I hope they avoid the Adrian Peterson koolaid, its very unlikely to work out. The Pats don't even run block well, they average a poor YPC and Blount basically had to force all of his yards last year. AP wouldn't help, but Marshall can.

Allen was the -clear- third best TE on a list that included Jack Doyle on the Colts over the last two years. Don't get excited lol

They're a top destination with tons of cap room. I also wouldn't get too excited, although New England has a habit of making average players excel.

Marshall signed with the Giants. I expect him to finally make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    They're a top destination with tons of cap room. I also wouldn't get too excited, although New England has a habit of making average players excel.

Marshall signed with the Giants. I expect him to finally make the playoffs.
    Wow. I totally missed that. Good for him.

BB has a plan for Allen you can count on that. I'm not excited like he himself is going to bring another SB to NE, but I do think he will help. BB talked high of Allen before the Pats played the Colts back in 2014.
    Last edited by two24four; 03-08-2017 at 07:23 PM.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Allen turns out some 700 yard, 10 TD season, and if he does that would be an amazing pickup. But, the reality is, he was never better than Fleener or Doyle, who both aren't really any good. The Colts run game was also never impressive while Allen was there blocking and Andrew Luck has spent his entire career running for his life so pass protection has been bad in Indy as well, although admittedly TE don't pass block much. Regardless, I just don't see Allen as a positive player, but we'll definitely have a good chance to see when Gronk inevitably gets hurt lol

They are signing Bills CB Stephon Gilmore now. I love this signing even more. Sounds like its a 5 year deal.

Rumor that they mght trade Buter for Brandin Cooks. Just a rumour right now.
    Last edited by two24four; 03-09-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Thread Information