Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1691
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Is Gronk back for sure for sure?
    No not for sure. He did practice in full pads yesterday which is a good sign. He said after "we've got to see" when asked if he's playing Sunday.

Nice to be 4-0 but it sounds like Wilfork is done for the season. Word is he tore his ACL. Huge loss on D.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Nice to be 4-0 but it sounds like Wilfork is done for the season. Word is he tore his ACL. Huge loss on D.
    I heard he tore his achilles. Either way, it's a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I heard he tore his achilles. Either way, it's a big loss.
    Yes you are right my bad. And yes you don't replace a player like big Vince.

NE DEF fucked me pretty hard last night. I fucking hate the Pats

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    NE DEF fucked me pretty hard last night. I fucking hate the Pats
    Haha. How them Steelers doing

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    Cmon 24, have a little compassion and stop taking delight in the misfortunes of others. It's been a brutal six months for poor Bill and his hatred for anything Boston. Start with the Bruins tearing his heart out in 7. Follow that with dumbass Farrell leaving Toronto to become skipper of the year with the Sawx. Now the Burgh is toast at 0-4 while we clinched the division at 4-0. At this rate I almost expect the Celts to jab the Raptors out of the 1st overall ping pong pick...it aint fair I tell ya.

Getting back to Gronk, a couple reputable beat writers with the Pats are saying old man Gronk was not pleased that Rob re broke his arm in last years playoff game and has some distrust with some of the team doctors who cleared him to play. Cant really blame the guy and evidently he is the reason why Gronk wont be back untill week 6 vs the Saints. The team isn't about to cause a rift with him over it especially sitting at 4-0

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    His arm didn't even take a big hit either. Yes he landed on it hard but you would think that impact is much less severe than a hit at full speed. Imagine if he got hit like that right into his arm. Or took a helmet?? Absolutely should not have been playing if a simple awkward landing re-fractured the arm and caused such crazy damage. Clearly played on an ankle he shouldn't have in the super bowl the year prior also.

Pats signed Austin Collie. They say he might play Sunday. Can't hurt to try him out.

Brady: Take THAT Peyton. Steal Welker from me? Coolie is all mine.

Fair trade Tom. Go Get em.

Got a bad feeling about the Pats coming out of Cincy with a win in a driving rainstorm today. They are down to one healthy back in Blount, no Gronk, no Vince, no Ridley, no Dobson and they are nuts to play Amendola in those conditions.

I dont think the B team gets it done today on offense vs a pretty stout D...hope I'm wrong but they look ripe for a rip job.

WHO DEY?!?! Welcome to the jungle, Tom!

Sounds like Gronk will play this week vs the Saints.

Never EVER count the Patriots or Brady out! Woooooo. Huge win!

All I heard all week was how they had no chance vs the Saints.

Jimmy Graham 0 catches. First game since week 3 of 2010 Graham has not had a catch.

Go Patriots!!!!

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Well NO abandoned the run game and gave Mr. Brady the ball three times in the last three minutes. Tom will get it done if you give him that much opportunity....everybody in the world knows this. The Saints shot themselves in the foot but Kudos to the NE Patriiots, exciting finish to that game for sure.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Graham got injured in this game as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    Graham got injured in this game as well
    In the 4th yes. Talib and the Patriots shut him right down.

The patriots didn't get it done...The saints gave it away.

Great job on the final drive by Brady (Well, he kind of owed the team a great job after that wide open TD to edelman he missed 2 throws before Thompkins caught it) but this was a complete flat-out giveaway by the Saints when the Patriots had already spectacularly failed to do anything with what should've been their last chance.

That said, a healthy Gronk tips the scales overwhelmingly in NE's favor and NO should've absolutely annihilated them without Gronk. The fact that it even was so close that NO had the opportunity to throw it away at the end of a 1 score game, is either a testament to how overrated these Saints really are or how underrated this Pats defense is even without Wilfork. Which one is it?

The Pats had no business being in this game without Gronk if the Saints are as good as everyone says. I've seen more than enough to know the Patriots aren't playing at an elite level right now. So I think the answer is simply the Saints aren't either.

F*ck. Now word is Mayo could miss the rest of the season with a torn pectoral muscle. He's by far our best all round player on D.

First Wilfork now Mayo. Two HUGE losses.

Edit: They just put Mayo on the season ending IR. Damn.
    Last edited by two24four; 10-16-2013 at 08:45 AM.

I agree its a huge loss but gotta disagree about your best defensive player. Talib has been overwhelmingly the best PLAYER (Not just defensive, on the entire team) on the Patriots and a top 5-10 player in the NFL through week 6. Pro football focus has him scored absurdly high right now. Has matched up against Jimmy Graham and shut him down, owned Julio Jones, owned AJ green, and this is nothing new. He destroyed Anquan Boldin during last years playoffs until he got hurt halfway through the game and had to leave, where Boldin promptly went on to single-handedly beat the Patriots.

Talib is arguably the best shut down corner in the NFL right now ahead of Revis or Sherman. Mayo is a stud but no one on that team has any business comparing themselves to Talib this year. He left the Saints game and it was like a new ballgame for Drew Brees from that point on. Twice now, vs the Ravens last year and now the Saints, we've seen the overwhelming dramatic transformation that occurs when this defense loses this guy. Its like the secondary goes from top 5 to bottom 5 simply depending on if Talib's healthy or not.

I agree about Talib . I was talking more so every season though. Mayo is in on almost every play it seems.

Absolutely. Mayos a beast. I just wanted to take the chance to sing praises for what Talib's done this year. Patriots have some major concerns now but hopefully Gronk will return and compensate a bit

Gronk has been cleared to play.

Well, Gronk was Gronk. No problems there. The problem is Brady. Forced it to Gronk obsessively to the point of throwing a moronic pick six. He threw his game away on that play. Missed a chance in OT and at the end of the game to win. Tom terrific choked just like the Saints defense choked in prevent defense last week and let Brady look good after a shitty game.

I don't need to hear a word about that penalty in OT either, it was called perfectly correct and Bellichick is wrong for thinking it has anything to do with "lining up at the second level." The rule says nothing about where you're lined up, just that you simply CAN'T push your own player into the offensive pile, which #94 clearly did.

No excuses, the Jets simply outplayed the Pats after almost doing so earlier in the year. This Pats team continues to struggle along while the Jets continue to turn heads and play above anyone's standard for them.

Like I said earlier, the Saints gave their win away. The Pats didn't look good then either. The Patriots aren't dictating the flow of play in ANY of their games this year. They're squeezing out a lot of wins but seem to constantly be at the mercy of their opponents and relying on them to make mistakes rather than forcing them and making them play catch up.

And what is with them not feeding Ridley more? What does this guy keep saying in practice to make Bellichick hate him before every sunday? There is no reason in the entire planet why Bolden should be seeing near as many touches as the beast Ridley. Ridley is simply better.

The Patriots just look so painfully average this year. Regardless what their record says this is a new era for this once-dominant offense. And without Talib and Mayo their defense just can't compensate the way it did through the first six weeks. If they don't get healthy on defense or dominant on offense soon this could be one of the worst regular season stretches of Brady's career going back to the Cincy loss.

Brady has very much earned his 75 rating so far this year, and I'm not blaming anything except his own play.
    Last edited by Kyle; 10-20-2013 at 07:33 PM.

The right call was made on the FG and if Rob Ryan tipped off his brother Rex ahead of time about the Pats violating the rule from something he saw on tape then good for them. Especially if Rex was in their ear about it prior to the kick.

But it still doesn't change the horrible decision made by Rex to try a 56 yarder in that situation. Ryan cant assume with any certainty that the refs are A) going to call that penalty and B) the Pats are going to violate the rule.

So of course Folk misses the 56 yarder and Rex's bad decision to kick it in the first place from that length got bailed out by the flag and he comes out smelling like a rose.

The right decision considering the miss at 56 yards would have been to pin the Pats on a punt with that much time left on the OT game clock and play field position with your D. The Pats weren't exactly tearing it up at that point anyway. 1 for 12 on 3rd down for the day.. Folk from 56? really? why?

I agree

And Bradys bad season picks up right where it left off with another obvious interception to Gronk who he stared down the entire play.

WOW

Where to begin with that one, jeezez what a game. How about the zero tolerance from both coaches with anyone who put the ball on the ground. You didn't see Ridley, LeGarrette, Ball or Holiday after they fumbled. Belichick taking the wind over the ball at the start of overtime was probably the one time you'd do that with a 20 MPH sustained wind going one way. Probably a 20 yard differential on FG attempts by taking the wind, not to mention punt yardage differential.

Logan Ryan with a huge pick, Nate Ebner with a bigger recovery, Will Svitek holding the fort at RT. Who are these guys? Only 24 has even heard of Will Svitek. How good was Edelman's performance too, guy just gets it done. Speaking of getting it done, is there anyone better than Collinsworth as an analyst right now? just telling it like it is, outstanding. Humerous to see Manning with the ridiculous pantyhose hoodie on the sideline. Can you look any colder and its only November ferchristsakes.

I'm still cynical about them winning it all, so last night was kinda my personal "Super Bowl" but what a huge regular season win. KC gave up 41 at home, the Colts look like they need rehab and Peyton's thawing slower than my Butterball.

Thread Information