Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I dont think it had as much to do with Stallworth as some think, it had everything to do with teams having to double up on Moss and worry about him, and they will still need to do that this season again, which means more for Welker again, Welker is the #2 WR on this team, I dont care what anyone says.
    I agree 24. There is no doubt about it. Another year with Randy Moss means another big year for Welker and the Pats.

I dont think it had as much to do with Stallworth as some think, it had everything to do with teams having to double up on Moss and worry about him, and they will still need to do that this season again, which means more for Welker again, Welker is the #2 WR on this team, I dont care what anyone says.
    Welker flurishes inside, the double on Moss is over the top. It has to do alot with both ouside recievers helping Welker get inside.

I agree somewhat with what you say, but wouldn't say it was just completely Moss.

The cheaters pick up another piece of our trash. Clement to go with Hobson!

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    With Donte Stallworth gone, Jackson is going to battle Jabar Gaffney and Kelley Washington for the 3rd receiver spot. The big question, which has always been his question, will he live up to his potential? Personally I think he is better than Gaffney and Washington, so if he could stay healthy, which the majority of the focus on Moss and Welker, he could have a pretty decent season.
    Couple other things with Jackson....when the Pats traded up with the Packers to grab Jackson at #36, one of the picks Green Bay received back was #53 where they took Greg Jennings.

Jackson 23 is entering his 3rd season with the Pats but is younger than 3 of their draft choices in April. He's a full year younger than one of the corners they selected.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    The cheaters pick up another piece of our trash. Clement to go with Hobson!
    Say what you want, but come Sept 14th, and Nov 13th, you will be wishing you where a Pats fan

Also dont hurt you neck looking for the Pats in the standings again this season, waaaay up in the standings ( I know I used this one before, but I like it, lol)

Like I said before, worst the Pats do this season is 13-3, the only 3 teams that have a chance vs them are SD, Indy and Pitts, I'm not trying to sound cocky here, that's really the only teams I think who have a chance vs the Pats during the Reg season.
    Last edited by two24four; 07-21-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes16 View Post
    Couple other things with Jackson....when the Pats traded up with the Packers to grab Jackson at #36, one of the picks Green Bay received back was #53 where they took Greg Jennings.

Jackson 23 is entering his 3rd season with the Pats but is younger than 3 of their draft choices in April. He's a full year younger than one of the corners they selected.
    I read that as well yesterday....sucks we could have had Jennings, but I still think if healthy Jackson will be just fine as the Pats WR3.

Say what you want, but come Sept 14th, and Nov 13th, you will be wishing you where a Pats fan

Also dont hurt you neck looking for the Pats in the standings again this season, waaaay up in the standings ( I know I used this one before, but I like it, lol)

Like I said before, worst the Pats do this season is 13-3, the only 3 teams that have a chance vs them are SD, Indy and Pitts, I'm not trying to sound cocky here, that's really the only teams I think who have a chance vs the Pats during the Reg season.
    You won't cake walk the division games this year. Yes, you will win it but we will see.

Jets fan by the way

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    You won't cake walk the division games this year. Yes, you will win it but we will see.

Jets fan by the way
    This is how I see it this season in the AFC East.

New England- 13-3 (at worst)
    Buffalo- 9-7
    New York Jets- 6-10
    Miami- 5-11 ( at best)

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    On paper the Cheatriots probably have the easiest schedule in the NFL next season. I hate that team more than anybody but they should own that weak ass division once again and cake walk their way into the playoffs. All I can hope is that they lose one early on so we aren't faced with constant perfect season coverage again. I really hated watching NFL network suck on Brady and Belicheats balls for 90% of last season.. then again watching those fucks take 18 wins followed by one GIANT choke was pretty fucking spectacular. I couldn't have written that script better myself.

We will win 8 games at the least. (Jets)

Good news, Pats signed 1st round pick (10th overall) LB Jerod Mayo today.

They also signed 2nd round pick CB Terrence Wheatley yesterday, as well as 3rd round picks LB Shawn Crable and QB Kevin O'Connell.

Good news indeed. I saw today that Welker is on the PUP list. Whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by soty View Post
    Good news indeed. I saw today that Welker is on the PUP list. Whats up with that?
    I think I heard it's something to do with his hammy..... lot of big names are on the PUP list for day one, Welker, Harrison, Hobbs, Kaczur, Neal, Vrabel, but I dont think it's anything to worry about right now, just guys resting a few small injury's not wanting to risk it even more this early on in camp.

Sounds like Maroney was the best player on there today.

I think I heard it's something to do with his hammy..... lot of big names are on the PUP list for day one, Welker, Harrison, Hobbs, Kaczur, Neal, Vrabel, but I dont think it's anything to worry about right now, just guys resting a few small injury's not wanting to risk it even more this early on in camp.

Sounds like Maroney was the best player on there today.
    Good to hear its just minor injuries. Thanks for the update 24.

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    Anybody else thinking Matt Cassel is toast as the backup? Last we saw of ol Matt he was mopping up against the Dolphins and the next thing ya know Bill is sending Brady back in for the final 5 minutes to finish it out because BB had no faith in Matt finishing the job.

Now they use a 3rd rounder on O'Connell so you know he's making the team. I'm betting they keep Guttierrz over Cassel at the end of camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes16 View Post
    Anybody else thinking Matt Cassel is toast as the backup? Last we saw of ol Matt he was mopping up against the Dolphins and the next thing ya know Bill is sending Brady back in for the final 5 minutes to finish it out because BB had no faith in Matt finishing the job.

Now they use a 3rd rounder on O'Connell so you know he's making the team. I'm betting they keep Guttierrz over Cassel at the end of camp.
    I was thinking about this just yesterday as well, I also think Cassel will be gone real soon, I really like this O'Connell kid, seems like he could be a good backup for Brady for a few years, then who know's maybe take over for Brady once he's done......not only can the kid throw, but he can run pretty good as well.

This guy tapes everything.

http://deadspin.com/5031384/theres-a...es-with-clorox

Hold on for this one: I heard from someone who is close to the case that there is a sex tape of Bill Belichick banging the married woman he had an affair with. I shit you not. The husband who is suing that woman for being unfaithful to him has a tape of his wife and Belichick screwing while the two of them were still married. Belichick is a very powerful man so I imagine he's doing everything in his power to squash this from getting out but it could only be a matter of time. A part of me doesn't want to see it but another part of me can't help but be intrigued.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Herald
    Upset me? I'm a competitor, Faulk said yesterday at Gillette Stadium when asked about the impact that the acquisition of LaMont Jordan could have on the Patriots [team stats] running back situation. Whatever the team does is in the best interest of the team. You just have to stay focused on what you're doing.
    Kevin Faulk is often taken as a later round flyer especially in points per reception leagues. I don't see Jordan doing anything to jeopardize Faulk's value in that aspect.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Thats better, there were two NE Patriots threads going...I fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Country View Post
    Thats better, there were two NE Patriots threads going...I fixed it.
    There were actually four or five... I just clicked the first one I saw. Thanks for fixing it!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Kevin Faulk is often taken as a later round flyer especially in points per reception leagues. I don't see Jordan doing anything to jeopardize Faulk's value in that aspect.
    I hope not as a Maroney owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Herald

There was an anxious moment during practice, when QB Tom Brady came up limping noticeably. He continued the next play, but clearly was having difficulty with his left leg, and eventually stopped.

Trainer Jim Whalen came over, and Brady pointed down by his calf area. He stayed out of a number of drills after that, before returning toward the end of practice. He did run with the team at the end, so it doesn’t appear to be anything serious, but something to keep an eye on.
    Probably a little acting in front of the cameras, but if it turns out to be anything serious, we'll know soon enough.

Sounds like the Pats are close to signing S John Lynch.

Sounds like the Pats are close to signing S John Lynch.
    Hope so that would be a great move.

Senior Member All-Star
    I thought they already signed him. I loved watching him play here and wish him the best in NE

Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    I thought they already signed him. I loved watching him play here and wish him the best in NE
    Yeah I have always been a fan of Lynch. Pretty happy to have him on the Pats.

Brady throwing...

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Journal
    New England Patriots QB Tom Brady was spotted on the practice field today throwing passes to a receiver. Brady did not appear to be wearing anything on either foot, according to Young. In other news, WR Kelley Washington, CB Jonathan Wilhite, CB Lewis Sanders, RB LaMont Jordan, S Rodney Harrison and LB Adalius Thomas were back on the field.
    I love all the secrecy and mysteriousness with Brady... Is he hurt? Isn't he? One day he'll limp. Then next run a marathon.

Brady throwing...

I love all the secrecy and mysteriousness with Brady... Is he hurt? Isn't he? One day he'll limp. Then next run a marathon.
    Then the next day he will win a Super Bowl.

I'm not worried, Brady will be ready for KC week 1, which is all that matters right now.

Senior Member All-Star
    Hasn't Brady been on the injury report every week for like 5 years? I was pretty sure that was just standard proceedure

Thread Information