Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1690
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Patriots traded their 2nd round pick to CAR for DE Kony Ealy. Another move I don't mind with Long and Sheard not back.

Wow Patriots trade their 1st round pick 32 overall plus their 3rd for Brandin Cooks. They keep Butler while making this trade.

Brady is going to have Gronk, Edelman, Cooks, Hogan, Amendola, Mitchell, Lewis, White to throw at.

Bill is doing work.
    Last edited by two24four; 03-10-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Thats shocking, if not a bit confusing. Cooks is a huge addition, but is he really that much better than a late-first round WR most years?

To me, this shows that the Patriots are going WAYYY all-in on the next 1-2 years to wrap up Bradys career in style. A 1st and 3rd is probably worth more than Cooks but they would need time to develop, Cooks is a stud right now and ready to contribute immediately. Big deal for sure.

They are for sure all in.

BB wants to go back to back and win 3 in 4 years for the 2nd time.

The more I think, the more I love the move. Cooks is like a poor man's Odell Beckham. He doesn't have the height but he has the speed to blow the top off of defenses. Way better deep threat than Hogan. If Brady's arms still have what it takes to throw deep, Cooks might be in for a 1300/13 type season.

Cooks goes deep, Gronk runs the intermediate routes, Edelman/Amendola go underneath, and White/Lewis catch in the backfield. This is a freakishly loaded offense.

They still have something like $40M in cap space as well. Hopefully part of that is used to sign Hightower.

Yeah, this is getting out of hand for the rest of the NFL. The Patriots are built/managed so brilliantly its downright unfair. They keep their safety leader Harmon, dump Logan Ryan, replace him with someone far better in Gilmour, lock down Allen Branch, and obviously Cooks.

The only questions left are Hightower and Butler. Butler is all rumors and conjecture as of now but is still heavily involved in trade talks with the Saints even after the Cooks deal. Clearly, this guy wants around 15m per year. His agent says "We're not asking for the moon from the Pats." Yeah, not the moon, just the heinous overpayment the Redskins gave Josh Norman, something like that I'm sure.

Butler simply isn't worth that, but someone will surely pay him that, so oh well. I wouldn't really mind if the Pats just overpaid him, but thats not their style. I think Butler/Gilmour could be an elite pairing.

Hightower is a more realistic need. If they can lock him down, regardless what happens with Butler, I'd feel very good about a repeat title.

Boomtower (Hightower) has resigned with the Patriots. That's huge that he's back. This was a must resign for the defense.

Lot's of talk that Butler has been in NO with the Saints and that they might still workout a trade for him.

This has been the Patriots best offseason already and it's coming off a SB win.
    Last edited by two24four; 03-15-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Hard to place acquiring Cooks/Gilmour (With a few minor losses, a semi-big loss of Bennet and likely a biggest loss to come with Butler) above the offseason where they acquired Moss. To me, that move alone dwarfs everything the Pats have done this offseason.

In fairness though, this year there was no Randy Moss out there. So considering what was available, the Pats pulled off a remarkable offseason so far. Cooks came out of nowhere. You could've asked me to guess 1,000 things that might happen this offseason and I never would've guessed Cooks leaves the Saints, and I DEFINITELY wouldn't have guessed the Patriots would be the team to go after him. Very unlike the Pats.

Gilmour came out of nowhere as well, hard to believe Buffalo didn't do anything to trade him outside the division before this could happen.

They still have plenty of cap space even after the Hightower resigning. I don't think BB is done yet.

These signings are not as big but they also signed RB Rex Burkhead and DL Lawrence Guy. Both will help fill out the depth on this team. Along with the trade for DE Ealy.

Thread Information