Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

New England Patriots

So after they beat the San Diego SuperChargers and go 18-0, then go onto the Super Bowl and beat the NFC to go 19-0, who wants to give me odds that the Pats end up going 38-0???

Unbeaten next season, back to back Bowls???

Of course this is as long as they re-sign Randy Moss.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    So after they beat the San Diego SuperChargers and go 18-0, then go onto the Super Bowl and beat the NFC to go 19-0, who wants to give me odds that the Pats end up going 38-0???

Unbeaten next season, back to back Bowls???

Of course this is as long as they re-sign Randy Moss.
    lol thats is a good one, you sure do like to gamble dont you! well with the colts loss today i dont see how they dont beat san diego and get into the super bowl. i wonder who they will play, i think the packers since i think playing in green bay hurts the giants alot. packers and patriots would be a HUGE super bowl. would have to break records for viewing. if the patriots do win i bet there will be some crazy future bets like this though lol

Senior Member Third Liner ajaxfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30 View Post
    lol thats is a good one, you sure do like to gamble dont you! well with the colts loss today i dont see how they dont beat san diego and get into the super bowl. i wonder who they will play, i think the packers since i think playing in green bay hurts the giants alot. packers and patriots would be a HUGE super bowl. would have to break records for viewing. if the patriots do win i bet there will be some crazy future bets like this though lol
    there already are.... as of right now, I can make a bet on the Patriots going undefeated next season. I think the odds are 6 to 1. Theres also the option that they go undefeated and take the SB (8 to 1).

H2H 8 team league G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHG, GWG, GAA, Sv%, SHO, W

C- D. Briere, Sundin, B Richards, S Gomez
    LW- Kovalchuk, Havlat, Zetterberg, Nagy
    RW- Hossa, Gionta, Zherdev
    D- Jovanovski, Vishnovsky, Boumeester, Gonchar
    G- Vokoun, Lehtonen, Theodore

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaxfan View Post
    there already are.... as of right now, I can make a bet on the Patriots going undefeated next season. I think the odds are 6 to 1. Theres also the option that they go undefeated and take the SB (8 to 1).
    I hate making bets that pay out that far in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30 View Post
    Unfortunately yes....

and if...
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaxfan
    I think the odds are 6 to 1
    Is in the ballpark... I'd consider!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    The Pats dominated this season but they also got lucky breaks during a few games. Baltimore stands out most of all as the game they really should have lost. Baltimore had it in the bag and they blew it. They BLEW IT FOR ALL OF THE COUNTRY!!!! heheheh

But seriously, I don't see it happening. That would be insane.

THEN AGAIN, they are in a division with the Jets and the Phins. What's their real schedule next season look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    The Pats dominated this season but they also got lucky breaks during a few games. Baltimore stands out most of all as the game they really should have lost. Baltimore had it in the bag and they blew it. They BLEW IT FOR ALL OF THE COUNTRY!!!! heheheh

But seriously, I don't see it happening. That would be insane.

THEN AGAIN, they are in a division with the Jets and the Phins. What's their real schedule next season look like?
    Their schedule:

Home: Miami, Buffalo, NY Jets, Denver, Kansas City, Arizona, St. Louis, Pittsburgh

Away: Miami, Buffalo, NY Jets, Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Indianapolis

Not an easy schedule. All the home games are certainly winnable. The Pittsburgh game will be interesting to see where it falls on the schedule. I think the schedule makers want to try to get that game in September or October. The away games. Miami, NY Jets, Stinkland. All no-brainer wins. Buffalo will be tough, but I think its a win. In San Diego will be tough but I think the Pats win. San Francisco. Tempting to put it in the no-brainer, but I will call it a game until the 4th quarter when Tom & co. blow shit up. Seattle. I think they are frauds, but their building is a tough place to play. I call it a squeaker with New England winning. The classic Indianapolis game. The Colts get a break by getting the game in their building again. To no avail. Pats win convincingly. That my friends concludes another 16-0 season.

Back to back Super Bowl seasons are tough. Going unbeaten in one season is tough. Back to back unbeaten, Super Bowl seasons... That's just Godly.

I agree the Pats caught a few lucky breaks. But hey, every team gets a break here and there.

I agree the Pats caught a few lucky breaks. But hey, every team gets a break here and there.
    Agreed. We also need to remember that, when you are that good, you create a lot of your good breaks.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Their schedule:

Home: Miami, Buffalo, NY Jets, Denver, Kansas City, Arizona, St. Louis, Pittsburgh

Away: Miami, Buffalo, NY Jets, Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Indianapolis

Not an easy schedule. All the home games are certainly winnable. The Pittsburgh game will be interesting to see where it falls on the schedule. I think the schedule makers want to try to get that game in September or October. The away games. Miami, NY Jets, Stinkland. All no-brainer wins. Buffalo will be tough, but I think its a win. In San Diego will be tough but I think the Pats win. San Francisco. Tempting to put it in the no-brainer, but I will call it a game until the 4th quarter when Tom & co. blow shit up. Seattle. I think they are frauds, but their building is a tough place to play. I call it a squeaker with New England winning. The classic Indianapolis game. The Colts get a break by getting the game in their building again. To no avail. Pats win convincingly. That my friends concludes another 16-0 season.

Back to back Super Bowl seasons are tough. Going unbeaten in one season is tough. Back to back unbeaten, Super Bowl seasons... That's just Godly.

Wow, I must say, I like that schedule for us next year, should at the very least go 11-5 I would think.

Their schedule:

Not an easy schedule.

You're joking right?

Pitt wil be contending with 8 playoff teams next season. For NE? I count 4. Pitt, Indy, Seattle, and SD. How the hell does that even happen? They go 16-0 this year, probably win the SB, a top 10 draft pick and then they get to contend with that seemingly cakewalk schedule next season?? Who's dick is BB sucking?? Some of those teams are going to have to make nice turn arouns from this year to last to make that schedule unlaughable. The Pats and Steelers should swap schedules next year so that Pitt can make a run at 16-0

You're joking right?

Pitt wil be contending with 8 playoff teams next season. For NE? I count 4. Pitt, Indy, Seattle, and SD. How the hell does that even happen? They go 16-0 this year, probably win the SB, a top 10 draft pick and then they get to contend with that seemingly cakewalk schedule next season?? Who's dick is BB sucking?? Some of those teams are going to have to make nice turn arouns from this year to last to make that schedule unlaughable. The Pats and Steelers should swap schedules next year so that Pitt can make a run at 16-0
    Seems pretty simple to me. As a division winner, they play the other division winners in the AFC as well as the AFC East. It seems like their division also plays both West divisions. Pot luck.

You're joking right?

To be fair... Denver is a decent team. I don't like them much outside of Denver though. Kansas City should be better with Larry Johnson back healthy, although, as I mentioned a little while back I don't think Johnson will ever regain the days of 2-3 seasons ago. Buffalo isn't a bad team. We talk every year about Arizona being better. I think their home side is a safe bet. But every team should win at home no matter how good or bad you are. The road games, I wouldn't necessarily call them all gimmes.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Wow, I must say, I like that schedule for us next year, should at the very least go 11-5 I would think.
    Wow... 11-5??? I am calling for another 16-0 season. At worst 14-2. Which five are you considering an issue?

Wow... 11-5??? I am calling for another 16-0 season. At worst 14-2. Which five are you considering an issue?
    Pittsburgh at home, then Indy, SD, and maybe Buffalo and Seattle, all on he road, Seattle is always tough at home, and Buffalo is getting better, so they could maybe pull of a win.

I'm not saying we will lose these games for sure, but I will also not sit here and say we will win them for sure, it would be nice to go 14-2 or even better yet 16-0 again.

Pittsburgh at home, then Indy, SD, and maybe Buffalo and Seattle, all on he road, Seattle is always tough at home, and Buffalo is getting better, so they could maybe pull of a win.

I'm not saying we will lose these games for sure, but I will also not sit here and say we will win them for sure, it would be nice to go 14-2 or even better yet 16-0 again.

Fair enough.

That is the easiest schedule in the league. Any more than 2 losses even without Moss should be considered a poor showing. The toughest game should be at a healthy Indianapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Country View Post
    That is the easiest schedule in the league. Any more than 2 losses even without Moss should be considered a poor showing. The toughest game should be at a healthy Indianapolis.
    Without Moss... are you kidding me?? He is the catalyst that springs open Welker and Stallworth...

DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Limas Sweed, James Hardy, Devin Thomas to name a few. Even if they lose Moss they can snag a great WR on the first day of the draft. Moss is good no doubt, but he was in the shitter before NE got a hold of him. NE on the other hand has been great even before him.

Honestly other than the Indy road game and maybe Pittsburgh that schedule is very favorable. This years team would run that table easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Country View Post
    DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Limas Sweed, James Hardy, Devin Thomas to name a few. Even if they lose Moss they can snag a great WR on the first day of the draft. Moss is good no doubt, but he was in the shitter before NE got a hold of him. NE on the other hand has been great even before him.

Honestly other than the Indy road game and maybe Pittsburgh that schedule is very favorable. This years team would run that table easily.
    Anyone playing in Oakland is in the shitter, no matter how good you are. That team sucks, that management sucks, that ownership sucks... He could only do so much.

Even if Moss leaves after this season, I dont see us drafting a WR in the 1st round of the draft.

I read on some website earlier this morning that Moss got some restraining order put up against him recently, but went back later to read the article again with more attention and it was removed. So weird. Can't find anybody else confirming this either.

Brady without Moss?

Let's compare the numbers....

Not nearly as impressive.
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 01-16-2008 at 06:24 PM.

Even if Moss leaves after this season, I dont see us drafting a WR in the 1st round of the draft.
    Agreed.

Okay... so apparently you can find details on the boston globe's website. It is not exactly being covered up... but hasn't been widely reported either. Hello ESPN/NFL Network?? Don't you ppl live for this garbage?

I am still catching up with the details of what happened but even to me it sounds kinda ridiculous so far.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal.../reiss_pieces/

Alleged incident occurred 10 days ago.

Her lawyers demand money or a restraining order will be filed.

He refused to pay because he feels he didn't do anything wrong. She files for a TRO last night and a Florida radio station is tipped off.

He addressed with the media already.

Im not really getting into that. I just told you guys, I mean, I dont want to get in trouble for anything I might say that Im not supposed to say when it comes to an attorney and a client. There is a lot of things I want to sit here and tell you guys to prove my innocence. But for the fact there is an investigation going on

You can find more details and conversations with Randy on the boston globe's website.
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 01-16-2008 at 06:38 PM.

I read on some website earlier this morning that Moss got some restraining order put up against him recently, but went back later to read the article again with more attention and it was removed. So weird. Can't find anybody else confirming this either.

Brady without Moss?

Let's compare the numbers....

Not nearly as impressive.
    There is an accusation of battery against him. Some dumb bitch asked to borrow a substantial amount of money, he said no... She said gimme or I am going to the media with some BS story... I swear to God, people like this I wanna choke...

But since it seems to be the thing to do... I heard that JeMarcus Russell is going to come clean and tell the world how FlyGuy sexually accosted him with a double-headed sex toy and said "if you don't turn the Raiders around, I am going to the media to tell the world that you buttplugged me in a Wal-Mart parking lot." Fly - shame on you... Even Russell isn't that good to turn that shitbox of a franchise around!

New England Patriots

Many threads on the Pats, but no real off-season thread with the exception of Moss resigning thread...

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)With cornerbacks Asante Samuel and Randall Gay leaving as free agents, the New England Patriots began rebuilding their secondary on Tuesday by signing cornerback Jason Webster.
    The 5-foot-9, 187-pound Webster has 393 tackles and 11 interceptions in 87 career games, 74 of them starts.
    He played in one game last season for Buffalo before being placed on the reserve/injured list with an arm injury on Sept. 13.
    The eight-year veteran was a second-round draft pick of San Francisco in 2000 and played four years with the 49ers before signing as a free agent with Atlanta, where he played for three years.
    Patriots coach Bill Belichick says Webster is an experienced veteran who will add good depth to our secondary.
    Now, Webster is no Samuel, but I actually like this signing a lot for New England.

This one is key also.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—The New England Patriots re-signed linebacker Tedy Bruschi on Friday, also agreed to deals with long snapper Lonie Paxton and wide receiver Kelley Washington and released tight end Kyle Brady.
    I like them resigning Bruschi for his leadership. Kyle Brady, see ya.

Getting Webster is a good move, I like that signing, and I agree about resigning Bruschi, he still has some left in the tank, also dont leave out Paxton, the best long snapper in the game

Cant wait for the draft, to see what we do at 7th overall, I have seen some mock drafts with them taking DE Vernon Gholston from Ohio St, which I'm fine with, if not him, I hope we can get one of Aqib Talib or Mike Jenkins at CB, I would also be happy getting OLB Dan Conner, he looks like a good one.

A little shit talk never hurt anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Journal
    When asked about the departure of DB Asante Samuel (who signed with the Philadelphia Eagles in the offseason), New England Patriots WR Wes Welker pulled no punches. "Asante's a great player, so it hurts not to have a guy like that. But then again, it's part of the business of the game. He chose money over championships, and that's the way it goes sometimes."
    Preseason Week 3. Watch it.

Alright, alright....I'll report the good with the bad...

Quote Originally Posted by WBZ-TV
    New England Patriots DB Willie Andrews has been arrested for allegedly pointing a gun at his girlfriend's head. Police say they received a call around 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning from a woman who said Andrews had pointed a gun at her temple during an argument. The girlfriend left the house and sought shelter in a hotel, according to police. When officers arrived at the hotel, they found Andrews allegedly talking to his girlfriend. Andrews drove off when he saw the police cruisers show up. Officers say they returned to Andrews' home and placed him under arrest for assault by means of a dangerous weapon and unlawful possession of a firearm. Furthermore, they say a .45-caliber, believed to be Andrews', was found near a dumpster.

The good with the bad? Has this season been anything but this season? Nothing but bad things out of the NE Camp. Cheataholics, people coming forward about them (wonder why Kyle Brady was released) and you lose your only Corner.

Have fun with that secondary over there, not to mention picking up our scraps (Hobson) and have him try to mold Mayo. Haha.

Look forward to after the years of dominance, or rather cheating. These idiots fall. I give Bellicheat 2 more seasons.

Thread Information