Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Crabtree's agent announced today that Crabtree is willing to sit out the entire 2009 season and re-enter the 2010 draft if he can't get the money he deserves. DHB got $38 million and apparently SF isn't offering anything close to that number.
    Giant toolbox move. Way to make the whole organization (and possibley the city) dislike you before signing.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Crabtree's agent announced today that Crabtree is willing to sit out the entire 2009 season and re-enter the 2010 draft if he can't get the money he deserves. DHB got $38 million and apparently SF isn't offering anything close to that number. I hope the bastard sits out all year and the Raiders get to draft him next year!!
    Not sure if you seen that word H1
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Crabtree -- what a douche. These ass hats don't realize how god damned lucky they are, do they ?

Shit like this makes me want to turn a shoulder towards professional sports/athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Crabtree -- what a douche. These ass hats don't realize how god damned lucky they are, do they ?

Shit like this makes me want to turn a shoulder towards professional sports/athletes.
    Not to defend his actions, but he should have gone way earlier in the draft and that cost him a lot of money. He should be directing his anger at Al Davis, not the Niners!

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Not to defend his actions, but he should have gone way earlier in the draft and that cost him a lot of money. He should be directing his anger at Al Davis, not the Niners!
    Very true, but you don't get paid by "mock drafts", you get paid depending on where you got drafted in REAL LIFE. By this account, Aaron Rodgers should of demanded A LOT more money than what I'm sure he got in real life. Fuck Crabtree! This is making me slightly happier that OAK didn't take him and I hope DHB shows his ass up!!

Very true, but you don't get paid by "mock drafts", you get paid depending on where you got drafted in REAL LIFE. By this account, Aaron Rodgers should of demanded A LOT more money than what I'm sure he got in real life. Fuck Crabtree! This is making me slightly happier that OAK didn't take him and I hope DHB shows his ass up!!
    If Oakland did not overpay for DHB, the teams after them would not be having contract issues right now.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    If Oakland did not overpay for DHB, the teams after them would not be having contract issues right now.

Just sayin'.
    ALL rookies are overpaid.

I hope DHB shows his ass up!!
    Kind of like how Darren McFadden was going to show up Jonathan Stewart or JaMarcus Russel was going to outclass Trent Edwards.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Since there was some Coffee chatter in another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Rosa Press Democrat
    Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, reports the split of carries of Frank Gore and Glen Coffee within a game would be Gore 17, Coffee 6.
    Next to no carries a game for Coffee.. Say he plays all 16... 96 for the season. This should have him over the 200 yards that I'd be surprised at, but still. As a Gore owner, I would also be slightly concerned with the small number of touches he sees...BUT even though is roughly 40 less than his 2006 season, it is more than what he had last year.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Crabtree agrees to a six year deal according to Adam Scheffter.

That really blew up in his face. They figured the niners would be 0-4 and begging for him to sign. Nope 4-0 eff you kid.

Crabtree agrees to a six year deal according to Adam Scheffter.

That really blew up in his face. They figured the niners would be 0-4 and begging for him to sign. Nope 4-0 eff you kid.
    That and Deion Sanders screwed Crabtree's camp with that slip-up when he mentioned there are other teams out there that would pay the amount he wanted...instant ammo to prove there was tempering....meaning no team would be stupid enough to give him more as they would get raked over the coals by the league.

How soon can he make an impact?

Good for both sides.

Senior Member All-Star
    how soon can he make an impact?

How soon can he make an impact?
    Gonna take about 3-4 weeks.

Instantly, if he knows the playbook. They need a WR, and Crabtree is it. Instant #1, and you guys just lost sight of his skillset over this holdout. Maybe not big fantasy numbers, but good for the 9ers

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Instantly, if he knows the playbook. They need a WR, and Crabtree is it. Instant #1, and you guys just lost sight of his skillset over this holdout. Maybe not big fantasy numbers, but good for the 9ers
    Which he probably doesn't and even then he still needs time with Hill for them to have some chemistry together. Not saying he won't make a big play here or there, but it will take some time for consistent production from him.

Which he probably doesn't and even then he still needs time with Hill for them to have some chemistry together. Not saying he won't make a big play here or there, but it will take some time for consistent production from him.
    I imagine he has had it his whole hold out, so he should know it. I've never bought into the chemistry with the QB crap. Run the correct route, get open, and the QB will hit you with the ball. He will be the #1 WR on a run first team, that doesn't stretch the field much. Take it for what its worth, I think he has a nice impact on that team.

I was actually wondering if he could have gotten his hands on the SF playbook before he signed. I doubt it as they wouldn't want that out there until he's signed, but if he did, that'd be sweet! (says the guy who nabbed him in 2 leagues...one being a keeper )

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    I agree with this, his hold out was not a good thing for him IMO.

I dont know about him having the playbook before he signed, it did not look good there for long time that he would get signed by SF, I doubt they would want him with it, then for him to not sign with them would have been bad.
    Last edited by two24four; 10-07-2009 at 04:03 PM.

I never bought into the holdout over the whole year, so that's just me. I could be wrong, but I'd guess he had a playbook.

It really has nothing to do with the playbook. Can you run the route tree? You have to hope he worked on that in the down time, because he sure as hell never ran the full route tree at Texas Tech. As far as talent, he has it, that is why he was one of the top 5 players on the board. Give him a few weeks to get in shape and learn at full speed. He will need the time to acclimate to NFL style play, it is about polar opposite to what he played in college.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    “Everybody came to a reachable agreement and it happened,” Crabtree said, sporting a red No. 15 practice jersey and charcoal gray sweats. “I’m just glad I’m past that part. I’m very humble right now, man, it’s a very humbling experience. Just getting a chance to sit back and better myself as a person, as a player, as a teammate. … I feel like going through that it made me look at the world in a different way, look at my teammates a different way. Hopefully it will work out for the best.”

Huh?

I am just glad he finally signed and we get to see him play this year. Crabtree may be the latest jersey acquisition for my closet. If he would have signed when he was supposed to, I'd probably already have his jersey.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    +1

Yeah, I'm sure plenty of NFL teams give out their playbooks to guys not on their roster.

It's been 10 months since he's played meaningful football. That's nearly a year. I'd bet against him being a consistent producer till atleast the end of the season. He's had no time to learn the playbook, he's probably not in game-day shape, has no work with Shaun Hill. Not saying he couldn't break a big play here or there, but to expect him to be a steady 6 recption/60+ yards a game reciever this year sounds crazy imo.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-Crabtree.html

On Thursday, 49ers offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye dropped a bomb of sorts on the hopes of San Francisco fans when he told reporters that Michael Crabtree ran just two routes in college at Texas Tech. Two routes? That’s right, the hitch (or the stop route) and the 9-route (or the fly route). Not what you’d expect to see from a top-10 pick, and not what you’d expect to see from a rookie who just ended a holdout that drew national attention for its length and drama.
    But even with that, we shouldn’t be surprised about Raye’s comments for a couple of reasons, because as I’ve said since April and the NFL Draft, we usually don’t see much from high-profile rookie wideouts. For starters, Crabtree was just that much better than the competition in the Big 12. There wasn’t a defensive back in the conference who could match up to his athleticism on the field, and it’s a major contributor to the idea that he ran only two routes in college. Corners usually played off-man coverage against Crabtree — with big cushions — afraid to give up the big play. In return, Crabtree could press hard off the line of scrimmage with a vertical release, watch the corner backpedal out of his stance — almost in a panic — and sit down. A five-yard route that now turns into a one-on-one matchup with ample space for Crabtree to work with in the open field. One missed tackle, and that five-yard route turns into a 20-, 30-yard gain — because he was that good in college. And when teams actually did press him — usually with safety help over the top — it became a race for Crabtree to beat the jam at the line and get the football before the safety could get from his middle of the field or Cover 2 landmark. Easy. Very easy at that level for a player of Crabtree’s caliber. But as Raye said, the learning curve ahead of the rookie is big — very big — because he has no idea what kind of competition he’s going to face on Sundays.
    Scouts are down on the Big 12 for a reason. Everyone runs the spread, and the defenses in that conference aren’t exactly top of the line. It’s usually an easy pitch and catch for the offense, and the speed on defense isn’t up to par with the speed of a player like Crabtree. Talking to scouts, they have a hard time evaluating offensive talent in the Big 12 because defenses allow them to make plays, and Crabtree took full advantage of that. However, this doesn’t hide that fact that Crabtree will be trying to evolve into a pro receiver — along with learning actual pro routes — on the fly. By prolonging his holdout, he has missed the train when it comes to development, missed the one-on-ones in camp against Nate Clements and missed the preseason, which would have improved his understanding of pro offenses and defenses immensely.
    Now that process will have to work itself into the normal routine of game plans and film study for the Niners. Can Crabtree do it? Can the rookie develop midseason in the NFL knowing only two basic routes that we see every Friday night at the high school level?
    That answer will have to wait, just as Raye and the Niners wait to see what they really have.

People said the same, exact thing about Percy Harvin. ONE day into Training camp and people were amazed at how he ran "professional" routes.

Crabtree will be fine, people seem to forget about how good this kid truly is/was.

People said the same, exact thing about Percy Harvin. ONE day into Training camp and people were amazed at how he ran "professional" routes.

Crabtree will be fine, people seem to forget about how good this kid truly is/was.
    Harvin is not used as an x or z receiver. They are not comparable players.

I'm not calling him a bust, the learning curve with him will be high though.

Harvin is not used as an x or z receiver. They are not comparable players.

I'm not calling him a bust, the learning curve with him will be high though.
    Agreed, but I think the systems are the comparison here. I don't buy into the difficulty of a pro route. But I don't know much about it, just to be honest. I guess time will tell

I am sold on Crabtree. I believe he will be a big playmaker the first game he steps on an NFL field. He has skill. He has speed, hands...can shed tackles. 3100 yards and 40+ TDs isn't too shabby for only two years of college ball. If SF can get a QB a couple of notches better than Shaun Hill or Alex Smith, they could become the class of that division.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I am sold on Crabtree. I believe he will be a big playmaker the first game he steps on an NFL field. He has skill. He has speed, hands...can shed tackles. 3100 yards and 40+ TDs isn't too shabby for only two years of college ball. If SF can get a QB a couple of notches better than Shaun Hill or Alex Smith, they could become the class of that division.
    Really? You wrote some rather contradictory things then in that trade offer to me where there were a lot of question marks after Crabtrees name!

Thread Information