Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Falcons

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    You've been saying that every year since he got there, and yet, NOTHING!!

RYAN IS NOT YOUR SAVIOR!!!!

Say what every year???? The Falcons beating up the Raiders??? You dipshit they don't play often enough for me to say they'll beat the Raiders every year.... The last time the Falcons played the Raiders was in '04 and the Falcons won that game. And if I remember correctly, the Falcons even covered that bitch, easily. Or are you talking about Roddy White?? If that is the case, I couldn't have said that every year either because this is the first time he is coming out of Hines Ward's Z position.

Ready for a guarantee.... Matt Ryan will have a bigger and better and more productive NFL career than JaMarcus Russell.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Say what every year???? The Falcons beating up the Raiders??? You dipshit they don't play often enough for me to say they'll beat the Raiders every year.... The last time the Falcons played the Raiders was in '04 and the Falcons won that game. And if I remember correctly, the Falcons even covered that bitch, easily. Or are you talking about Roddy White?? If that is the case, I couldn't have said that every year either because this is the first time he is coming out of Hines Ward's Z position.

Ready for a guarantee.... Matt Ryan will have a bigger and better and more productive NFL career than JaMarcus Russell.

Yes I'm talking about Roddy White, that is what your post was about. He has done NOTHING since he's gotten here and I don't give a shit if he's running from the Z, X, Y, G, F, R, T....it don't matter.

Oh and Ryan better than Russell............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Man, this is why I thank God we are friends in real life. You are just too funny not to know!!

Yes I'm talking about Roddy White, that is what your post was about. He has done NOTHING since he's gotten here and I don't give a shit if he's running from the Z, X, Y, G, F, R, T....it don't matter.

Oh and Ryan better than Russell............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Man, this is why I thank God we are friends in real life. You are just too funny not to know!!
    You'll see...

...and Roddy White. Hmm... 1200 yards with 6 TDs. Yeah, that's nothing. Go f*ck yourself Fly. Oh wait....what's that??? 500 yards more than the Raiders best receiver. And 200 shy of the Raiders top two receivers put together. All from a run first team. Hmmm... What to do now that the Falcons have a passing quarterback?
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

You'll see...

...and Roddy White. Hmm... 1200 yards with 6 TDs. Yeah, that's nothing. Go f*ck yourself Fly. Oh wait....what's that??? 500 yards more than the Raiders best receiver. And 200 shy of the Raiders top two receivers put together. All from a run first team. Hmmm... What to do now that the Falcons have a passing quarterback?
    Yeah, a RUN FIRST team in the 1st Quarter until they are down 2 TD's and have to THROW for the last three quarters!!! And considering there is NO ONE else on the team to throw to, he got some trash yards and TD's.

Man, it's only June and we're already starting shit!! God, I love football!!!

Yeah, a RUN FIRST team in the 1st Quarter until they are down 2 TD's and have to THROW for the last three quarters!!! And considering there is NO ONE else on the team to throw to, he got some trash yards and TD's.

How was it said..... at least you said something that makes sense.

Oh and.... no one else?? Crumpler, Horn, Jenkins...

Still pissed that they let Crumps go. Not thrilled with Ben Hartsock at TE. Jenkins, Horn, Laurent Robinson will all be fine this year. Brian Finneran returning will also be fine.

Oh and.... no one else?? Crumpler, Horn, Jenkins...

Still pissed that they let Crumps go. Not thrilled with Ben Hartsock at TE. Jenkins, Horn, Laurent Robinson will all be fine this year. Brian Finneran returning will also be fine.
    that's a saaaaaaad bunch of WR!!

that's a saaaaaaad bunch of WR!!

Better than the Raiders...

Roddy White >/= Ronald Curry (still the only Oakland receiver I liked)
    Joe Horn >/= Javon Walker
    Michael Jenkins >/= Drew Carter
    Laurent Robinson >> Johnie Lee Higgins
    Brian Finneran >>>>> Chris McFoy
    Adam Jennings > Drisan James

Bob Hartsock << Zach Miller

Roddy White outproduced Curry yards and TDs and will likely do so again this year. Joe Horn future NFL Hall of Famer owns Javon Walker. Can J-Walk stay healthy? Doubt it. We'll see. Jenkins has the ability and is a better all-around receiver than Drew Carter. I do like Carter though. Not a bad #3. It all will depend on how he is used. He actually has the ability to quietly be the Raiders best receiver. Laurent Robinson has a shot at making big time plays. Matt Ryan can find the open guy and has accuracy no matter the distance, something Atlanta receivers aren't used to. Johnnie Lee Higgins will likely be used as much as Hank Baskett in Philly. Brian Finneran is a big target and a proven receiver. Let's see if he can stay healthy. McFoy will probably not even make the team. Adam Jennings is a fast little terd, he'll get shots once injuries fall into place. Drisan James - undrafted WR out of Boise State is used to the big bombs, but can he play off of the blue turf? He'll likely be on the practice squad for the season. Some potential to make the team if injuries prevail, but don't expect much out of him this year. I give you the advantage in the TE department. Not sold on Hartsock at all. Except for not dishing out the $$$, I don't understand the Falcons logic in letting Crumpler get away only to replace him with Hartsock.

Overall, I think Finneran will eventually get hurt, just like Walker. I expect 12 games or less of these two. I expect Atlanta's White, Jenkins, and Robinson to handle most of the receiving duties with Horn to contribute his fair share. On Oakland's side, I like Curry and can see Carter coming up when called on. Outside of those two guys, Oakland is going to rely on their run a lot. I don't see Russell being as big of a factor as you think he will. Hope McFadden can learn the NFL playbook fast, if not Fargas will earn his share. Hopefully Bush can get involved. He is the guy I will watch a lot this year.

Receiving core - I give the Falcons the edge.

Once again, all of this changes as camps progress and pre-season hits.

Better than the Raiders...

Roddy White >/= Ronald Curry (still the only Oakland receiver I liked)
    Joe Horn >/= Javon Walker
    Michael Jenkins >/= Drew Carter
    Laurent Robinson >> Johnie Lee Higgins
    Brian Finneran >>>>> Chris McFoy
    Adam Jennings > Drisan James

Bob Hartsock << Zach Miller.
    I didn't even read passed this cause I almost fell off my chair. I will give you White = Curry (though I like Curry much more now with a QB who can get him the ball), but Horn is NOT > Walker. Maybe 5 years ago, and even after his injury. You talk about Walker's health like Horn ain't 50 years old. In 12 games last year, he had a whopping 243 yards. Drew Carter is MUCH better than Jenkins also. He's gonna be the slot WR that the Raiders have needed for a long time. Jenkins should be thankful he's still got a spot, which as of right now he has 4th behind Robinson. Speaking of Robinson, he, along with Higgins, McFoy, Jennings, and James haven't played enough to really judge them. Finneran is the only one I like and that's cause he's a speedy white guy. He has also not done much over the passed 3 years. Last year he did alright, but the 2 years before that, shit.

We have a whole new offense in OAK now. So many new weapons that I don't think you can judge past performance. We shall see when the season starts. And I'm not expecting perfection a la NE, but I'm sure it will be much better than we have seen in recent years. For the Falcons, I can't say the same.

I didn't even read passed this cause I almost fell off my chair. I will give you White = Curry (though I like Curry much more now with a QB who can get him the ball), but Horn is NOT > Walker. Maybe 5 years ago, and even after his injury. You talk about Walker's health like Horn ain't 50 years old. In 12 games last year, he had a whopping 243 yards. Drew Carter is MUCH better than Jenkins also. He's gonna be the slot WR that the Raiders have needed for a long time. Jenkins should be thankful he's still got a spot, which as of right now he has 4th behind Robinson. Speaking of Robinson, he, along with Higgins, McFoy, Jennings, and James haven't played enough to really judge them. Finneran is the only one I like and that's cause he's a speedy white guy. He has also not done much over the passed 3 years. Last year he did alright, but the 2 years before that, shit.

We have a whole new offense in OAK now. So many new weapons that I don't think you can judge past performance. We shall see when the season starts. And I'm not expecting perfection a la NE, but I'm sure it will be much better than we have seen in recent years. For the Falcons, I can't say the same.
    Fly - please check your facts before you respond or even comment at all...

Brian Finneran. Not really speedy. He is just a big white guy who has great hands and can actually jump and pull balls down. As far as: "not doing much in the past three years - last year he did alright, but the two before that, shit..." You are so full of shit. Brian Finneran did NOT PLAY A REGULAR SEASON DOWN IN 2006 OR 2007, he got hurt and out for the season in the pre-season both of those years.

As far as not being able to judge those other guys. There is more than enough to judge them on.

and your comment on having a new Oakland offense and not being able to judge them on past performance, Atlanta is in the same boat. You say that Oakland now has a QB who can get receivers the ball. Atlanta the same.

Drew Carter is NOT much better than Mike Jenkins. Please put the oregano down. And it seems as if you missed my comments on him anyway. Here, I'll refresh you.
    Quote Originally Posted by KK
    He actually has the ability to quietly be the Raiders best receiver.
    But as always, we shall see... There is plenty of camp to go through. Pre-season. Etc. Bring it.

Senior Member All-Star Motorcat's Avatar
    All this over 2 teams that may win 5 games combined.

And you 2 are being way to civil with one another .......... I'm miss the classic KK vs. Flyguy meltdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcat View Post
    All this over 2 teams that may win 5 games combined.

And you 2 are being way to civil with one another .......... I'm miss the classic KK vs. Flyguy meltdowns.

Hahaha...........

There definitely were some heated moments... Don't worry, when Fly starts to really get nitbaggish, it'll happen again.

Hahaha...........

There definitely were some heated moments... Don't worry, when Fly starts to really get nitbaggish, it'll happen again.
    Hahaha....well I try not to go too nitbaggish anymore since it just causes me to lose more hair. I blame KK and this website for my bald spot!!

Hahaha....well I try not to go too nitbaggish anymore since it just causes me to lose more hair. I blame KK and this website for my bald spot!!
    I almost pissed myself.

I almost pissed myself.
    mission accomplished!

Quote Originally Posted by AJC.com
    QB Chris Redman worked with the first team at yesterday's Atlanta Falcon's scrimmage. QB Matt Ryan worked with the second unit while QB Joey Harrington practiced with the third and QB D.J. Shockley played with the fourth team.
    This is more or less for people paying attention to depth charts... It is still far too early to tell who is going to emerge the starter, but it looks as if it is going to be either Redman or Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Journal
    WRs Laurent Robinson (tailbone) and Joe Horn (hamstring) are not expected to play much, if at all for the Atlanta Falcons when they open the preseason Saturday at Jacksonville. However, WR Brian Finneran will see his first game action in almost two seasons. WRs Coach Terry Robiske also has some goals for this game. "I want to see Roddy White compete. I want to see him get after somebody. I saw what he did last year, but it's a new year. We're all getting older, so I want to see him compete. I want to see all our guys compete."
    Glad to see Robiske pushing White.

Joe Horn needs to shut the f*ck up and stop being a p*ssy....

Atlanta Falcons veteran WR Joe Horn wants to be released or traded so desperately that he says he is contemplating restructuring or forfeiting part of the guaranteed $2.5 million salary he is owed for this season. Horn does not like the role he sees for himself with the team this year, especially with young WRs Laurent Robinson and Harry Douglas moving ahead of him on the depth chart.
    If he wants out... he'll agree to forfeiting PART of his guaranteed money... F* that... You want out, you lose the whole thing. Why should you get guaranteed money when you didn't do squat? Shut the f*ck up. Be a leader for the young guys and go on with your self. Perhaps if you performed better guys like Harry Douglas wouldn't move ahead of you in the depth chart.

and this is a guy you said you were happy to have on your team last year. Horn's nothing but a washed up asshole. he should have retired when he left NO.

if he scores a TD in the preseason, maybe someone should call him on his cell and tell him his career is over! (pun intended for those who remember)

and this is a guy you said you were happy to have on your team last year. Horn's nothing but a washed up asshole. he should have retired when he left NO.
    Yes... I was happy to have him on the team. But when you act like a little whiny prick, then you work your way to the F* list.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin
    if he scores a TD in the preseason, maybe someone should call him on his cell and tell him his career is over! (pun intended for those who remember)
    That's funny!!!

as soon as you put on an ATL jersey, you ARE a little whiny prick.

That's right... bring it bitches...

It really didn't matter who played quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons Saturday. This was Michael Turner's night. Faster than you could say Joey Harrington, Turner racked up more rushing yards in Atlanta's 16-9 preseason loss to Indianapolis than any Falcons running back managed in any of 16 games last season. Turner gained 113 yards on four carries. "The thing that was most impressive was that Michael Turner ran the ball extremely well," coach Mike Smith said. "It was the second straight week we rushed for 100 yards so that was a positive."

does this shock you that ATL has a good running game?

They will always suck if they never fix the passing game and you know it.

does this shock you that ATL has a good running game?

They will always suck if they never fix the passing game and you know it.
    Not surprised about the run. Matt Ryan will fix the pass.

Not surprised about the run. Matt Ryan will fix the pass.
    So you think!!! And when Roddy White is getting double covered, who else is he going to throw the ball too?? You don't have Crumpler, you don't have the great Joe Horn anymore. You got nothing!!!

Like I said before, MATT RYAN IS NOT YOUR SAVIOR!! Just like Vick wasn't years ago! Look how that turned out!!

And you say the Raiders are a pathetic team. The Dirty Falcons are right up there with them.

So you think!!! And when Roddy White is getting double covered, who else is he going to throw the ball too?? You don't have Crumpler, you don't have the great Joe Horn anymore. You got nothing!!!

Like I said before, MATT RYAN IS NOT YOUR SAVIOR!! Just like Vick wasn't years ago! Look how that turned out!!

And you say the Raiders are a pathetic team. The Dirty Falcons are right up there with them.
    White, Finneran, Robinson, Jenkins -- f*ck Horn.

Horn released...

The Falcons finally granted veteran WR Joe Horn's request by releasing the 36-year old receiver. "They saw I was disgruntled, they saw that me sitting to the side and watching and we know it wasn't going to work out well for either of us," Horn said. "We made the right decision. They allowed me to go and I'm just happy to know that I'm leaving with good character". Horn has stated publicly that he would like to play for the Dallas Cowboys or Philadelphia Eagles.
    I don't see room for him in Dallas, especially since they couldn't keep Glenn around... Philly could use him. But will he get pissed off there wheh DeSean Jackson and Hank Baskett are ahead of him?

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    With Chad Jackson looking like shit through camp and pre-season, I read something today saying that maybe the Pats might sign Horn as there #3 WR behide Moss and Welker.

Kevin Curtis is out now with a sports hernia which could put him out up to 8 weeks. I could see PHI now trying for Horn.

Thread Information