Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Falcons

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Poor Falcons are still gonna suck. Are you still going to stay true to the Dirty Souf when your boys look like the Dolphins did this year King?!?!
    I almost hopped ship when they cut Crumpler for no good f*ckin' apparent reason. But I stayed on board with the Turner signing. The Falcons will win more than 1 game. They may win 2, perhaps even 3. This year it will basically be how well they do against the spread !!!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    This year it will basically be how well they do against the spread !!!
    And King, honestly, in a year when your team has no hope (a la Raiders since 2002 and for the next 2 or so years), isn't covering the spread the most important thing?!

And King, honestly, in a year when your team has no hope (a la Raiders since 2002 and for the next 2 or so years), isn't covering the spread the most important thing?!
    They are the team though that if you bet on them, they get blown out. If you bet against them, they lose by a FG. Its frustrating as balls. But as long as we draft a QB (Ryan or Brohm) I'll be fine. Let Harrington start. Immediately treat Ryan or Brohm like he is in the #2 spot by letting him take some 1st team snaps, but keep Redman as the #2. Let him work out the playbook and plays, let him call the plays in. Give him the starting spot in year #2. The f*cker better not hold out!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

ATL cut Harrington King!!

ATL cut Harrington King!!
    Even better..... When was this??? I missed out on that somehow. I know they cut Leftwich. If they dropped both of those terds, that would be awesome.

Good look Fly. I completely missed that. That is fantastic news.

"......and with the 3rd pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select from Boston College, quarterback, Matt Ryan."

I am OK going into the season with Chris Redman and DJ Shockley. Hopefully Shockley doesn't break his knee again in the pre-season.

So.... the Falcons subtract Crumpler, which pissed me off to no end. But then added Turner. Dumped Dunn. Dumped Harrington. They just need to draft right in the draft. Meaning, QB with their #1 pick. Ryan or Brohm. Anyone else is unacceptable.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar

Good look Fly. I completely missed that. That is fantastic news.

"......and with the 3rd pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select from Boston College, quarterback, Matt Ryan."

I am OK going into the season with Chris Redman and DJ Shockley. Hopefully Shockley doesn't break his knee again in the pre-season.

So.... the Falcons subtract Crumpler, which pissed me off to no end. But then added Turner. Dumped Dunn. Dumped Harrington. They just need to draft right in the draft. Meaning, QB with their #1 pick. Ryan or Brohm. Anyone else is unacceptable.
    Drafting Ryan would be great for ATL, but I read something yesterday saying Miami could still draft Ryan 1st overall, I guess they have thought about it, so if they did, I guess you would have to go with Brohm at 3rd overall.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Drafting Ryan would be great for ATL, but I read something yesterday saying Miami could still draft Ryan 1st overall, I guess they have thought about it, so if they did, I guess you would have to go with Brohm at 3rd overall.
    Yeah.... From day one, the only thing I really heard was Miami going after a QB with the 1st pick, namely Ryan. Then, even before the ecstatic news about Atlanta dropping Harrington pretty much forcing them to go QB with their 1st pick, I have heard that Atlanta is interested in trading a few picks to get that #1 from Miami to get Ryan. Either way, Ryan or Brohm and I am good.

that works for me too since I hope McFadden will still be left at #4 for OAK!!

He would be a great pick for you guys, and it would keep the Jets from getting him

I would be absolutely stunned if Oakland went McFadden with their pick. I don't see that one happening in a million years.

Price autographed my shoe First Liner Shady6833's Avatar
    i got a question for the falcons. After the dysfunctionality that Vick left them in, you think they bring him back after he is released. If not I'm sure someone else will give him a shot.
    "Smoked much dope lately boys? You guys are f*cked!"- Sam the Caveman=>Trailer Park Boys

I dont think it would be smart for any team to sign Vick, cant be a good PR move.

ya but you gotta remember the dolphins brought back my boy Ricky. Hmm the more I think about it, I think my favorite players in the NFL are dysfunctional haha. You gotta think next year some team is gonna need a QB and chance it.
    "Smoked much dope lately boys? You guys are f*cked!"- Sam the Caveman=>Trailer Park Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Shady6833 View Post
    i got a question for the falcons. After the dysfunctionality that Vick left them in, you think they bring him back after he is released. If not I'm sure someone else will give him a shot.
    For a while I was pretty convinced that Atlanta will bring back Vick. Today, I am a little less convinced but still can see it. It will be a couple of seasons before Vick plays again, so Atlanta will likely and should address the QB situation with this year's draft. That said, I think Atlanta is going to have the same mentality as the Phins had with Ricky Williams. They think he owes them money, so since he is still under contract with the Falcons they'll bring him back to "re-coop" some of that money.

That said. Not entirely sold on Arthur Blank wanting to bring him back although he was and probably still is Vick's biggest supporter. If Atlanta doesn't do it, and as long as Goodell lets Vick back in, I do think some team will sign him. That team: Oakland.

For a while I was pretty convinced that Atlanta will bring back Vick. Today, I am a little less convinced but still can see it. It will be a couple of seasons before Vick plays again, so Atlanta will likely and should address the QB situation with this year's draft. That said, I think Atlanta is going to have the same mentality as the Phins had with Ricky Williams. They think he owes them money, so since he is still under contract with the Falcons they'll bring him back to "re-coop" some of that money.

That said. Not entirely sold on Arthur Blank wanting to bring him back although he was and probably still is Vick's biggest supporter. If Atlanta doesn't do it, and as long as Goodell lets Vick back in, I do think some team will sign him. That team: Oakland.
    I dont know, they have Russell though, inless he turns into a bust by the time Vick comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I dont know, they have Russell though, inless he turns into a bust by the time Vick comes back.
    Anything Oakland does is potential bust! Hahahaha... Even if Russell is all that he made out to be, Vick isn't a bad #2.

haha ya i am an lsu fan and as such like russell, but oakland has a touch that turns anything into shit, and he reminds me of a young culpepper, take that for what you want haha

I would be absolutely stunned if Oakland went McFadden with their pick. I don't see that one happening in a million years.
    With Grandpa Al making the calls, you're probably right, but passing on this guy would be the biggest fuck up he's done in years. The kid looks awesome so far. And it's not like we have a star RB anyway. Fargas did well last year, but I wouldn't bank on him or Rhodes as a future #1. I think Russell, Fargas/Rhodes/McFadden, Curry and Walker is a pretty good lineup for a bad team.

With Grandpa Al making the calls, you're probably right, but passing on this guy would be the biggest fuck up he's done in years. The kid looks awesome so far. And it's not like we have a star RB anyway. Fargas did well last year, but I wouldn't bank on him or Rhodes as a future #1. I think Russell, Fargas/Rhodes/McFadden, Curry and Walker is a pretty good lineup for a bad team.
    I am going to say this right now. I actually have said this a few times, just not anywhere here I don't think. You like Adrian Peterson (MIN) last year, McFadden will produce equally the same, if not more than Peterson did last year, this year. McFadden is going to be a f*ckin' horse. I honestly think there is no chance that the Raiders take him.

Ya I mean the only knock against Mcfadden from what I've heard is his attitude and personal problems. Never scared Oakland away before has it. This kid if healthy could be the top back in the NFL as a rookie. Work horse and then some. Oakland would be crazy to let him slide. They attempted to sure up their wide outs a little and it's tiime to let Russell have the team, give him a back that's gonna pound through o-lines. whether this happens or not Al Davis is the only one who knows that. Maybe he just likes press clippings whether positive or negative.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    KK.......I know that I am late to the party here but I have no issue with them cutting Crumpler. He has always been pretty much the only Falcon that I liked but it was time to go. Let's go down the checklist. $5.1 M cap hit. Check. Coming off of a knee injury. Check. 30 years old. Check. Team will be terrible with or without him. Check. He still brings a lot to the table when healthy but that wasn't guaranteed and they need a total rebuild.

Joey Harrington: Could Re-Sign with Falcons

Update: The Falcons are considering re-signing Harrington after releasing him on Wednesday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Recommendation: Harrington could receive interest from other clubs in the market for a backup quarterback, including St. Louis and Green Bay. Still, the Falcons were able to save some cap space by cutting him and if Harrington wants a chance at starting again, Atlanta is probably his best opportunity.

That sucks.

Joey Harrington: Could Re-Sign with Falcons

Update: The Falcons are considering re-signing Harrington after releasing him on Wednesday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Recommendation: Harrington could receive interest from other clubs in the market for a backup quarterback, including St. Louis and Green Bay. Still, the Falcons were able to save some cap space by cutting him and if Harrington wants a chance at starting again, Atlanta is probably his best opportunity.
    Thanks Fly.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............ I guess he or Redman, which is the greater of the two?

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    lol i guess they had second thoughts about him . and as for the raiders i still think they should take Long from Michigan that would be huge for the offense and would also protect their franchise qb.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30 View Post
    lol i guess they had second thoughts about him . and as for the raiders i still think they should take Long from Michigan that would be huge for the offense and would also protect their franchise qb.
    Yeah that would also be a good pick for them, alot are saying he's the Joe Thomas of this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaFalcons.com
    New Atlanta Falcons OC Mike Mularkey has brought with him some staples from his time in Pittsburgh. It is a run-oriented scheme, but the passing game is not ignored. Hines Ward had a season with 112 catches in the same offense. WR Roddy White is now playing a position similar to Ward in the Falcons' new offense. "I'm playing the Z position and that's the same position he played," White said when asked about Ward's success. "I was watching film on Hines the other day and watching what he did in that offense. Watching someone that succeed in the offense is good for you."
    He'll run from the Z position all over Fly and the Raiders this year.

He'll run from the Z position all over Fly and the Raiders this year.
    You've been saying that every year since he got there, and yet, NOTHING!!

RYAN IS NOT YOUR SAVIOR!!!!

Thread Information