Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Miami Dolphins

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Ronnie/Ricky...

Quote Originally Posted by Palm Beach Post
    Dolphins HC Tony Sparano vehemently denied rumors that the team is trying to trade RB Ronnie Brown. "No chance that we're trading Ronnie," Sparano said early this afternoon. "I understand another rumor is flying out there. Last week, it was (quarterback John) Beck. This week it's Ronnie. There was no discussion of that internally or externally. None." On ESPN's Monday Night Countdown, Chris Mortensen speculated that Brown could be playing for another team this season based in large part to RB Ricky William's success this preseason.
    Words are being twisted... It was mentioned about how thrilled Miami is with the play of Ricky Williams, and that because they are so thrilled the team could go on without Ronnie Brown. No comment was ever made from Mortensen (at least that I have seen) that the Phins were looking to trade Brown or that Brown will be playing elsewhere.

But then again, Jason Taylor wasn't going anywhere either...
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

I don't know that anyone is ballsy enough to put all their chips on Ricky. He is one strike away from a lifetime ban not to mention crazier than Tom Cruise on LSD.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Precisely why the Steelers let him walk... Get well soon Joey. We still love you in the Burgh.. just not enough to pay you $20 mil. guaranteed at the end of your career!

Dolphins Notebook: Nagging injuries frustrate Joey Porter
    Click-2-Listen
    By EDGAR THOMPSON

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

DAVIE Beginning in March, Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter began working to put last season behind him.

But Porter will need to be on the field if he hopes to rebound from the most disappointing season of his career.

Three weeks into training camp, it hasn't been easy. Porter has piled up nagging injuries like he used to accumulate big plays.

The latest setback is a sprained knee, which added to his stiff back, sidelined him during Tuesday's two-a-days.

"It's frustrating when you put in the amount of work you put in and you're not as healthy as you want to be," Porter said. "For me it's been one little thing to the next little thing. It's just frustrating."

Porter also sat out the first three days of training camp with a sprained ankle and missed the Aug. 9 exhibition opener because of his back injury.

Porter, 31, played last weekend at Jacksonville, but said he's not sure how or when he injured his knee. But his recent history of knee problems, including three arthroscopic procedures since the summer of 2006, is not a good sign for a 10th-year pro coming off a poor season.

Porter, a three-time Pro Bowler in Pittsburgh, signed a five-year deal in March 2007 with $20 million guaranteed. He finished last season with only 51/2 sacks, including 11/2 during the season's first 11 games.

Last weekend in nearly a half of action, Porter had just one tackle against the Jaguars.

Coach Tony Sparano said he expects Porter to bounce back.

"It frustrates me for Joey," Sparano said. "I know how important it is (to him). We don't have a game (today) so we just need to make sure that this thing is right and that we can get it right."

Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown, injured in Saturday's win over Jacksonville, returned to practice Thursday afternoon. Brown participated in pass-catching drills while using a soft cast to protect his sprained right thumb. Brown is still expected to miss the final two preseason games for the team, but is hopeful to return for the regular season opener.
    Good to hear that the thumb doesn't seem like it is going to be a major concern. Still looking at Ricky Williams to be the man, at least in the beginning. Remember that Brown is coming off of major knee surgery so having a guy like Williams who is actually playing and impressing is a good thing.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by South Florida Sun
    The Miami Dolphins officially named QB Chad Pennington their starting QB on Monday. "I'm excited about the opportunity to lead this team. We've worked extremely hard over the last two weeks and I'm proud to be a Miami Dolphin," said Pennington.
    Chad has only one person to thank at that is Bill Parcells. I am still sticking with the Dolphins going 8-8.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Chad has only one person to thank at that is Bill Parcells. I am still sticking with the Dolphins going 8-8.
    I think they will take that this season and be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    After last season, 7-9, 6-10, 5-11, etc... They will be happy with!

Fins won't win more than 6 games at best

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    As a MIA fan (I know, rip away, I'm used to it), I'll be happy if they win two games after last year's debacle

Senior Member Third Liner Peddler's Avatar
    I got 'em @ 3-13. Maybe 4 wins imo. Even though they improved the Jets did too and Buffalo is gonna be solid...then there's NE....tough deal.
    Don't bet on sports.

Miami Dolphins HC Tony Sparano said today that he expects RB Ronnie Brown to play in the team's final preseason game this week. "We're just going to take him out there, go through pre-game warm-ups, do those kinds of things, and then I'd like to try to play him," Sparano said. "And we'll see whether or not we can get some carries."
    Good news for Brown, let's see how he performs if they can get him in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Peddler View Post
    I got 'em @ 3-13. Maybe 4 wins imo. Even though they improved the Jets did too and Buffalo is gonna be solid...then there's NE....tough deal.
    They have a pretty easy schedule outside of the division... Looking at their schedule here is what I see and what is winable.

Week 1 - vs. Jets -- WIN
    Week 2 - @ Arizona -- win/lose
    Week 3 - at New England -- lose
    Week 4 - bye week
    Week 5 - vs. San Diego -- likely lose
    Week 6 - @ Houston -- win/lose
    Week 7 - vs. Baltimore -- win
    Week 8 - vs. Buffalo -- win
    Week 9 - @ Denver -- lose
    Week 10 - vs. Seattle -- win/lose
    Week 11 - vs. Oakland -- WIN
    Week 12 - vs. New England -- lose
    Week 13 - @ St. Louis -- win/lose
    Week 14 - @ Buffalo -- lose
    Week 15 - vs. San Francisco -- win
    Week 16 - @ Kansas City -- win/lose
    Week 17 @ NY Jets -- lose

So... I have them at 5 straight up wins. There are also 5 games that can go either way. Now there is no way that I see them winning all 5 of those games, but three of the five are attainable. I think week 2's Arizona game all depends on who shows up on the field for both squads. Same goes for week 10's Seattle game. If this game was played out in Seattle I would chalk it up as a loss right away. Week 16's Kansas City game is the other that can land on Miami's side. Kansas City is just not good. The only issue is playing at Arrowhead. Not an easy task for any team. Straight up losses come at the hands of the Patriots twice, Jets once, Bills once, San Diego, and Denver.

Don't be surprised when the season ends that the AFC East looks like: New England, Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets. That is all I am saying.

Don't be surprised when the season ends that the AFC East looks like: New England, Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets. That is all I am saying.
    haha, I know someone who's going to be pissy when he sees this

They have a pretty easy schedule outside of the division... Looking at their schedule here is what I see and what is winable.

Week 1 - vs. Jets -- WIN
    Week 2 - @ Arizona -- win/lose
    Week 3 - at New England -- lose
    Week 4 - bye week
    Week 5 - vs. San Diego -- likely lose
    Week 6 - @ Houston -- win/lose
    Week 7 - vs. Baltimore -- win
    Week 8 - vs. Buffalo -- win
    Week 9 - @ Denver -- lose
    Week 10 - vs. Seattle -- win/lose
    Week 11 - vs. Oakland -- WIN
    Week 12 - vs. New England -- lose
    Week 13 - @ St. Louis -- win/lose
    Week 14 - @ Buffalo -- lose
    Week 15 - vs. San Francisco -- win
    Week 16 - @ Kansas City -- win/lose
    Week 17 @ NY Jets -- lose

So... I have them at 5 straight up wins. There are also 5 games that can go either way. Now there is no way that I see them winning all 5 of those games, but three of the five are attainable. I think week 2's Arizona game all depends on who shows up on the field for both squads. Same goes for week 10's Seattle game. If this game was played out in Seattle I would chalk it up as a loss right away. Week 16's Kansas City game is the other that can land on Miami's side. Kansas City is just not good. The only issue is playing at Arrowhead. Not an easy task for any team. Straight up losses come at the hands of the Patriots twice, Jets once, Bills once, San Diego, and Denver.

You crack me up, can't wait to talk to you in 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    You crack me up, can't wait to talk to you in 2 weeks
    Me too!

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Sat, Sep 6 Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports, reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams represented himself in negotiations with the Dolphins surrounding his contract extension. Williams' previous agent, Leigh Steinberg, is not currently certified by the NFLPA because he let his certification lapse in 2007 for business reasons - Steinberg is in the progress of becoming certified with the NFLPA again. A source noted Williams will receive a roster bonus for every game he is on the team's 53-man roster this year. If he is injured and placed on Injured Reserve or if he is released, Williams will not receive money for those games. In 2009, Williams will have a $3.4 million base salary and a $100,000 workout bonus for the offseason. He did not receive any guaranteed money as part of his new deal.

I am no expert on contracts in the NFL....Am I right in thinking Ricky has really stuck his neck out here?
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

yes he is and it's exactly what he has to do in order to get guaranteed money in the future. With his reputation, no team is going to risk a lot on him unless he shows he's in this for real. I think it's a smart move by him if he believes he can stay healthy and off of drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Sat, Sep 6 Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports, reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams represented himself in negotiations with the Dolphins surrounding his contract extension. Williams' previous agent, Leigh Steinberg, is not currently certified by the NFLPA because he let his certification lapse in 2007 for business reasons - Steinberg is in the progress of becoming certified with the NFLPA again. A source noted Williams will receive a roster bonus for every game he is on the team's 53-man roster this year. If he is injured and placed on Injured Reserve or if he is released, Williams will not receive money for those games. In 2009, Williams will have a $3.4 million base salary and a $100,000 workout bonus for the offseason. He did not receive any guaranteed money as part of his new deal.

I am no expert on contracts in the NFL....Am I right in thinking Ricky has really stuck his neck out here?
    Pretty much what Fly has said... Its Ricky's way of healing wounds with the Dolphins and the NFL. Good move on his part... Shows that he seems to be dedicated and wants to right the wrongs of the past. We'll see... Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    yes he is and it's exactly what he has to do in order to get guaranteed money in the future. With his reputation, no team is going to risk a lot on him unless he shows he's in this for real. I think it's a smart move by him if he believes he can stay healthy and off of drugs.
    weed is not a drug man!!!

good on Ricky though... I really hope he hangs in there. I read somewhere that Williams wants to be a Doctor after his football career is over.

are we sure he isn't still smoking?

weed is not a drug sponge, you are right, but the until the gov't says its not, that's what matters. you're talking to a 12 year every day smoker here. you don't have to convince me!!

Line Combo Guru All-Star nyrblue2's Avatar
    So...uh....who else besides me had Ronnie Brown on their bench?

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrblue2 View Post
    me too, fuck it hurts soo bad!

i'm soooooooooo glad I played BUF defense over NE this week in my $$$ league.

Quote Originally Posted by nyrblue2 View Post

according to yahoo...... 75% of owners!!!

Dang.

I love that Joey Porter stepped up yesterday, 5/6 tackles and 3 sacks.. what was it that Douche Rodney Harrison said when Porter was yappin his big ole mouth... Just PROVE IT?

RB Ricky Williams acknowledged he was briefly tempted to smoke marijuana with the extra free time he had because of the Dolphins' bye week.

"There was definitely an urge," Williams said. "But I just thought about what I have to lose and it was easy. The urge didn't last very long." Williams has grown quite familiar with the NFL's substance abuse program after multiple positive marijuana tests, so fantasy owners will be glad he's staying strong and avoiding suspension.
    Source: Miami Herals

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Is it just me, or are the Dolphins just about the most fun team in the league to watch right now? I love this 'Wildcat' offence they're running! And the D is clicking too!

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    What was their record last year again???
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    What was their record last year again???
    Who cares about last year. They will be 8-8 this year. Nobody believed when I said it before, especially when they came out 0-2. But then came back and stomped the Patriots and handled the Chargers... Tellin' you...

Who cares about last year. They will be 8-8 this year. Nobody believed when I said it before, especially when they came out 0-2. But then came back and stomped the Patriots and handled the Chargers... Tellin' you...
    9-7

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    9-7

I can get with that.

Thread Information