Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Miami Dolphins

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    So I see the 'Phins signed Ernie Wilford... what's the word on this guy? Looking at past #'s, he's never really done much with JAX, but that could be because they're a very run oriented team. Does he become the #1 WR on MIA? I can't see GinnJr being the #1 option just yet, so barring any other major signings by the Phins at WR, I'm guessing Wilford becomes the #1?

Admittedly, I don;t know much about him, but I don't see him putting up great numbers with Beck or McCown throwing to him. And on that note, somebody PLZ tell me that Beck or McCown are NOT going to be our #1 QB this year... any rumblings of the Dolphins trading for or signing somebody...ummm.... better? I'd be really surprised if The Tuna went into the season with either of those two as the starter.
    Ernest Wilford - Serviceable receiver. The stats that he does have are misleading though. He had three TDs all season long, 2 of which came in week 17. Ernest Wilford does come in and take over the #1 receiver spot. With likely McCown throwing to him. Even if Miami drafts a QB, that QB won't start next season so it'll be McCown and Beck. McCown should keep the starting spot warm for Beck just like he did for JaMarcus Russell in Oakland. It looks as if Parcells likes Beck. Don't be surprised though if Chad Johnson finds his way to Miami on or around draft day. There are plenty of reports going around on satellite radio that Johnson is already claiming he is the #1 man in Miami next season.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Ernest Wilford - Serviceable receiver. The stats that he does have are misleading though. He had three TDs all season long, 2 of which came in week 17. Ernest Wilford does come in and take over the #1 receiver spot. With likely McCown throwing to him. Even if Miami drafts a QB, that QB won't start next season so it'll be McCown and Beck. McCown should keep the starting spot warm for Beck just like he did for JaMarcus Russell in Oakland. It looks as if Parcells likes Beck. Don't be surprised though if Chad Johnson finds his way to Miami on or around draft day. There are plenty of reports going around on satellite radio that Johnson is already claiming he is the #1 man in Miami next season.
    I heard this awhile ago as well, I think it was Jason Taylor for Chad Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I heard this awhile ago as well, I think it was Jason Taylor for Chad Johnson.
    You think Taylor is OK with that? Some articles that I have read state that Taylor told Parcells the only way he is leaving Miami is "if I retire or you cut me" and Parcells has said that he isn't cutting him.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    The Chad rumors are swirling again, eh? Can't say I'd be disappointed to see him in the Orange and Teal. His prescence alone might make the team worth watching, if they can get a QB who can get him the ball consistently. Right now Ronnie Brown is the only offensive weapon they have, and he's injured half the time.

Re: the draft - I heard they were gonna go after Howie Long's kid. You guys think they might go after a QB instead? What are the chances they trade the pick?

The Chad rumors are swirling again, eh? Can't say I'd be disappointed to see him in the Orange and Teal. His prescence alone might make the team worth watching, if they can get a QB who can get him the ball consistently. Right now Ronnie Brown is the only offensive weapon they have, and he's injured half the time.

Re: the draft - I heard they were gonna go after Howie Long's kid. You guys think they might go after a QB instead? What are the chances they trade the pick?
    I think right now it's about 50/50 they trade the pick, if not I think they will take one of QB Ryan, or someone from defence, like Dorsey, even though it looks liek he's droping in the draft.
    Last edited by two24four; 03-10-2008 at 11:46 AM.

I don't think they will trade the pick, I am not so sure that a QB is on the forefront of Parcell's mind right now. He likes Beck and he brought in (for what he's worth) McCown.

Quote Originally Posted by CBS Sports
    Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown said his recovery from ACL surgery is going well and he hopes to be ready for training camp this month. "It's all going pretty well for me," he said. "In fact, it couldn't really be much better." Brown sought out others who underwent the same procedure, such as Cardinals RB Edgerrin James, and has used their advice to best recover himself. "Don't expect your knee to be the way it was right away," Brown explained. "It takes some time. The good news for me is that the rehab has gone really well. My flexibility is back and I should be ready for training camp."
    Good news for Brown. Word is that Ricky Williams is actually doing well and in good condition. Good for the Phins, this will allow Brown to continually recover and not have to worry about relying on him too much.

Brown is the only player on that team. They need him to be recovering like he is.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Brown is the only player on that team. They need him to be recovering like he is.

Let the QB battle commence...

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Herald
    Though quarterback Josh McCown is considered by many to be the front-runner because of experience, the Miami Dolphins have told NFL people the battle remains competitive with John Beck, and preseason performance will determine the winner. Several players thought McCown was better in May/June drills, but another starter favored Beck. Chad Henne remains an underdog, though nobody would be shocked if he was starting at some point this season. McCown, who is OK after his wood-chopping accident, has impressed with athleticism and mobility, but his accuracy must improve.
    I am sure most have the pecking order has McCown, Beck, Henne... But I would not be shocked in the least bit if Henne slipped up on the list... You never know with Parcells.

Let the QB battle commence...

I am sure most have the pecking order has McCown, Beck, Henne... But I would not be shocked in the least bit if Henne slipped up on the list... You never know with Parcells.
    Agreed, like I have said before, I wont be shocked if Henne if starting by week 5.

Quote Originally Posted by South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    Miami Dolphins HC Tony Sparano said that although rookie QB Chad Henne still makes some college mistakes, he's been impressed with his poise. "He doesn't say a whole lot that way but I like his presence in the huddle," Sparano said. "He seems kind of relaxed out there. It'll be interesting to see him when the game is on. I know this guy has played in bigger crowds than we'll play in front of. He's played in front of 100,000 people out there in critical situations so I'm kind of interested to see how he handles a game when it's really moving as fast as we try to prepare him for."
    Positive words on Henne. However, all the guys that played for Michigan are used to playing in front of 100,000 plus people...so I don't see that as an issue. Keep an eye on Henne.

Good to hear. Us 'Phins fans need all the good news we can get.

I've heard Derek Hagan has been their best WR in camp Better than Ginn, and apparently Wilford has looked like absolute crap, can't get any separatin whatsoever. Looks like it's gonna be another long year for us. At least Ronnie's injury is progressing nicely and Henne is looking alright.

Anybody have any news on Ricky? Any reports on how he's looked so far in camp?

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Last I heard Ricky looked real good...Im sure he will get a few touches
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Good to hear. Us 'Phins fans need all the good news we can get.

I've heard Derek Hagan has been their best WR in camp Better than Ginn, and apparently Wilford has looked like absolute crap, can't get any separatin whatsoever. Looks like it's gonna be another long year for us. At least Ronnie's injury is progressing nicely and Henne is looking alright.

Anybody have any news on Ricky? Any reports on how he's looked so far in camp?
    From a few posts back:

Quote Originally Posted by King Killah
    Good news for Brown. Word is that Ricky Williams is actually doing well and in good condition. Good for the Phins, this will allow Brown to continually recover and not have to worry about relying on him too much.

Ummm...... kicker news.

Quote Originally Posted by Palm Beach Post
    The Dolphins continued its youth movement by releasing veteran PK Jay Feely today, paving the way for 22-year old undrafted rookie PK Dan Carpenter. Carpenter has taken advantage of Feely's injured groin injury, most recently by converting field goals of 41 and 49 yards on Saturday against Tampa Bay. Feely, 32, set the franchise record for accuracy last season converting 21-of-23 field goal attempts (%91.5). He said five or six teams have already expressed interest in his services.
    Hey....kickers have fantasy value, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Sentinel
    Miami Dolphins quarterback Chad Pennington completed five of six passes for 55 yards, and threw no interceptions with a passer rating of 104.9 as the Dolphins beat the Jaguars at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium 19-14 in their exhibition game. The Jaguars' defensive starters, who stayed in for the entire first half, could neither pressure the quarterback nor hassle his receivers.
    8-8 Dolphins, here we come!

Chad Pennington... the turn around begins!

8-8 Dolphins, here we come!

Chad Pennington... the turn around begins!
    You sound like a South Florida Sports writer! Make fun of Pennys "Noodle Arm" when hes a Jet, then you sign him and you say nothing but good things!

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    You sound like a South Florida Sports writer! Make fun of Pennys "Noodle Arm" when hes a Jet, then you sign him and you say nothing but good things!
    Hahahaha...... Get the hell out of here. I am not on the Pennington bandwagon... I actually just said that to egg you on a little!

I did say however, going back to the moment that the Dolphins brought in Bill Parcells that they would be 8-8 and I am sticking with that.

Hahahaha...... Get the hell out of here. I am not on the Pennington bandwagon... I actually just said that to egg you on a little!

I did say however, going back to the moment that the Dolphins brought in Bill Parcells that they would be 8-8 and I am sticking with that.
    Haha, that team is so bad its sick. If they win 8 games in the next TWO YEARS combined, I'll still give you credit

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Herald

ESPN's Chris Mortensen was asked about Ricky Williams and while talking about how he would "swim," he went on to say that the Dolphins are so pleased with Williams he "would not be surprised if Ronnie Brown sinks," to the point where "he is playing with another team this season."
    Mortensen's reason for Brown being out of here is that the player is "struggling" this preseason.
    Interesting!!

Interesting!!
    They would do something like that.

They'd better not! Ronnie has a lot of solid yrs of football left. No way they should be considering moving him unless they're getting a sick package in return (which it sounds like they wouldn't, based on some of the speculation I've been reading). An R&R double-headed RB monster is gonna be the key to the Phins putting points on the board this year. If the running game isn't working, teams are just gonna tear their passing game apart, regardless of how 'accurate' Chad is.
    Last edited by chgorman; 08-19-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Ricky just got named the starter.

Interesting!!
    Just a rumor (thank god!), a stupid one at that. That's like something Eklund would toss out. I'm disappointed in Mort.

Ronnie Brown-RB- Dolphins Aug. 19 - 1:31 pm et

Coach Tony Sparano said Tuesday there's "no chance" the Dolphins will trade Ronnie Brown.
    "There was no discussion of that internally or externally," said Sparano, who said the rumor wasn't a tough one to dispel. "That is easy," he said. "I wish they were all like that." The rumor didn't really make sense when Miami's whole offense is based around the running game. Ronnie remains a risky mid-round pick, but this should calm things down.
    Source: Palm Beach Post

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Ricky just got named the starter.
    For the next preseason game, or the season?

for the next preseason game, sry. i thought it said regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    for the next preseason game, sry. i thought it said regular season.
    No worries, either way he'll probably end up both. I just wans't sure if it had been confirmed for the reg season, thought you maybe saw something saying so.

Senior Member First Liner rico3994's Avatar
    I couldn't be happier that I decided to grab Ricky in KKs league. I didn't think it would turn out to be anything other than a wasted pick, but since my two other starting RBs (T Jones and Parker) got a total of 4 TDs, I had to protect Brown.

Senior Member All-Star Motorcat's Avatar
    I was listening to podcast last night about fantasy football and they kept going on about how huge Ted Ginn was going to be this year.

Did some reading today at various sites and that sentiment was echoed.

I have Williams and Ginn on a few teams and to be honest I'm encouraged that these 2 could be huge this year.

Ginn's value went up when Chad came to town. I think Ginn will do pretty well this year, especially in leagues where Return Yards/TD's count.

Thread Information