Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miami Dolphins

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Miami Dolphins

No question about who is running the show. Mueller gone. Next. Ireland in as GM. Next. Cam Cam gone. Cam Cam's coaching staff all gone (but two).

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Cam Cameron was fired as the Miami Dolphins' coach Thursday by new boss Bill Parcells after plunging to an 0-13 start in his first year on the job and finishing with just one victory.
    The dismissal comes three days after Parcells ousted general manager Randy Mueller and means the reeling franchise will have its fifth coach in five seasons.
    Parcells began work Dec. 27 as executive vice president of football operations and quickly concluded the Dolphins need another fresh start.
    It has been 37 years since the Dolphins fired a coach. But they never finished 1-15 before. All but two members of Cameron's coaching staff were also fired, although some might be rehired by the new head coach, the Dolphins said. Retained were assistant special teams coach Steve Hoffman and linebackers coach George Edwards.
    Dolphins finish at least 8-8 next season?? Anyone giving odds on that?
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Leigh Stenberg, the agent for Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams, told the Miami Herald the team has resigned his client for the 2008 season.
    Steinberg wrote in an e-mail to The Miami Herald that Williams received a letter from the Dolphins dated Dec. 31 and signed by Parcells renewing Williams' contract for 2008.
    Steinberg also wrote that Williams is doing well in his rehabilitation from a torn pectoral muscle that ended his 2007 season after six carries against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Nov. 26. Such a letter would seem to indicate that Parcells wants Williams back next season. That is not surprising from a practical perspective. There is no certainty how soon Ronnie Brown will recover from a torn knee ligament.
    Source: Miami Herald
    All this after there was a lot of talk on ESPN about Tuna not wanting to resign Williams. I think Sean Salisbury was the only guy who said the Phins would bring him back.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Wow.

Bill Parcells has never shied away from boisterous receivers in the past (Keyshawn Johnson, Terrell Owens), so the possibility of Miami native Chad Johnson joining the Miami Dolphins doesn't seem so farfetched. But Peter King's mention of this in his Monday Morning Quarterback column on SI.com certainly is wishful thinking.
    "Chad Johnson, by the way, sounds like a man who wants out. Wouldn't be surprised nor would several of my NBC peers if Bill Parcells, who is not afraid of bigmouths, deals his first pick in the third round to Cincinnati for Johnson."
    Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    So...with a new VP of football operations, a new GM, a new head coach (on the way), a new coaching staff, Ricky Williams resigned, and the possibility of Chad Johnson coming in...things are looking up for Miami.

Senior Member All-Star Motorcat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Wow.

So...with a new VP of football operations, a new GM, a new head coach (on the way), a new coaching staff, Ricky Williams resigned, and the possibility of Chad Johnson coming in...things are looking up for Miami.
    Hard not to look up after 1 win.

Senior Member All-Star
    I heard about that this morning. I don't really think 1-15 was all Cam's fault, that team had a serious lack of talent before the season even started. If anything I think the defense let them down, their D was supposed to be awesome this year and keep them in games, and that clearly didn't happen. But if you're going to clean house and start over, may as well get rid of the coach too. Hopefully Cam goes somewhere where he gets another chance.

The fins need to figure out their QB situation though. That's gotta be their next priority. Either stick with Beck and see if he can do it (0-4 as a starter and fumbling his first snap probably doesn't help him), hope a franchise QB comes along in the draft ( Brohm, Ryan, Woodson, Henne? Or wait for Chase Daniel or Matt Stafford, or even Tim Tebow ), or throw big money at a free agent

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Wow.

Thank god! Haven't had much to get excited about since Dan the Man retired.

Would love to get Ocho, don't see it happening though, and they need a QB more. Parcells has said they only want solid character guys on the team, to instill a winning attitude and whatnot. That pretty much eliminates Chad from consideration (as well as three quarters of the rest of the league as well)

SI.com Truth & Rumors has a little tidbit about Keyshawn and the Tuna possbily being interested in being reunited (), but I don't see that happening either, nor do I think it would help. Apparently he's stayed in shape, and he WAS damn solid most of his years in the league, but he's way past his prime and is gettin' up there in age. For the $$ I expect he'd want, I think Tuna cand Ireland could put that $$ to better use.

Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out, starting with the coaching search and the draft, and, hopefully, ending with a SB title somewhere down the line, although at this point, I'd just be happy if they won 4 games next year and secured a playoff birth sometime in the next 5 yrs, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcat View Post
    Hard not to look up after 1 win.

No doubt. When you're stuck in a hole as deep as the one they're in, there's really nowhere else to look but up!

Wabba wabba First Liner walker42500's Avatar
    Wow.

I would say Javon Walker is a possibility for Miami. He wants out of Denver now.
    Hello, yeah this is head ball coach. He ran a what? Hey I told you he could really go. Yeah, click clack.

Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    I heard about that this morning. I don't really think 1-15 was all Cam's fault, that team had a serious lack of talent before the season even started. If anything I think the defense let them down, their D was supposed to be awesome this year and keep them in games, and that clearly didn't happen. But if you're going to clean house and start over, may as well get rid of the coach too. Hopefully Cam goes somewhere where he gets another chance.

The fins need to figure out their QB situation though. That's gotta be their next priority. Either stick with Beck and see if he can do it (0-4 as a starter and fumbling his first snap probably doesn't help him), hope a franchise QB comes along in the draft ( Brohm, Ryan, Woodson, Henne? Or wait for Chase Daniel or Matt Stafford, or even Tim Tebow ), or throw big money at a free agent
    When you look at the amount of games they lost by 3 points, the Dolphins weren't nearly as bad as their 1-15 record states. I think they defense was OK. I don't think it was their biggest issue. Cam Cam liked Beck, so with Cameron gone, I think Beck's shot at being the #1 in Miami has diminished big time. I think, now, Miami goes for a QB in the draft. Possibly Woodson. I don't think they can hold out for Daniel or Tebow.

I like them resigning Ricky Williams. They need WR help. Bringing in Chad Johnson would be huge. I would certainly rather have Ocho Cinco over KeyShawn Johnson. Key was an OK receiver. He made receptions. His yards after catch was horrible.

With the QB uncertainty in MIA, I don't see Chad wanting to play there. He gets pissy now playing for the Bengals, and that's with one of the best (Palmer) tossing him the rock. I think he'd be miserable with Lemon, Beck, or some rook right out of college trying to get him the ball.... then again, after Ricky and Ronny, he'd be the only weapon they've got (compared with Rudi, Housh and Henry in CIN), so he'd probably get the ball a lot, which he'd be happy about.

Tough to say. I'd much rather see Walker or Ocho come to MIA over Keyshawn (assuming Walker is past his injury issues and they'r enot going to be a chronic problem for him, and/or assuming Chad can be a model teammate), that's for sure.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I think the Tuna might try and trade Taylor in the off season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I think the Tuna might try and trade Taylor in the off season as well.
    I think this is almost a given. That was one of the first things talked about when Tuna went to Miami. Taylor is not a Tuna style guy.

Senior Member All-Star
    Is there any team that would trade up to #1 this year? If Miami could trade down they could still get a QB and possibly a good WR (or O-Line/D-Line help). Of course we usually have to wait until after the combine for that kind of talk since there's always busts and studs that come out of nowhere

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Dolphins finish at least 8-8 next season?? Anyone giving odds on that?
    I still don't see them at .500 unless he also goes behind the bench, which ain't happening.

Steinberg also wrote that Williams is doing well in his rehabilitation
    This made me LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    Is there any team that would trade up to #1 this year? If Miami could trade down they could still get a QB and possibly a good WR (or O-Line/D-Line help). Of course we usually have to wait until after the combine for that kind of talk since there's always busts and studs that come out of nowhere
    There is no doubt in my mind that he will try like hell to deal the #1 pick. Unfortunately for him, it has been more difficult in recent times. I would hate to be a GM under Parcells.

Doc.... you gonna give me odds on the Phins finishing .500 (or better)??? Hahah.

Senior Member All-Star
    Well they cut Green and Booker. Not really shocking

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7786928?MSNHPHMA

More news of them looking at Keyshawn? Man, I really hope those are just rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    More news of them looking at Keyshawn? Man, I really hope those are just rumors.
    I could really see him joining them, him and Parcells are real close.

I could really see him joining them, him and Parcells are real close.
    I know, I could too, that's the scary part. I mean, who am I to second guess Parcells, but still Keyshawn? There aren't ANY better options out there than a retired, over-the-hill possession reciever with a big ego and potential lockerroom distraction? Is he going to be THAT much better than Booker?

Like I said, who the eff am I to question the tuna... I just hope he's got a little more up his sleeve than just Keyshawn, and hopefully Key still has some game left and can keep his mouth shut if this actually happens.

They can look all they want. KeyShawn has stated that he doesn't want to play and that he is comfortable in the ESPN studio...

They can look all they want. KeyShawn has stated that he doesn't want to play and that he is comfortable in the ESPN studio...
    Thank god! Thx for the update King. I was wondering if this was going to go anywhere.

The Dolphins are going to release Zach Thomas, from what I read.

Not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, he's the heart and soul of the team, one of my fave players of all time, gave nothing but 110% all game every game, overcame semi-significant size limitations to become one of the top MLB's in the league over the past 10-15 yrs, but ont the other hand, his best days are definitely behind him, and I don't think he'll ever be the same after his concussion/neck/whatever it was injury issues this past seaosn.

Too bad, cause IMO, he reperesents everything an NFL player SHOULD be. He'll be missed by many, if not all 'fins fans for a long, long time.

Surprised that this hasn't happened already. Word was when Parcells first moved in that he was one of the first names on the list to be ditched. Which is a shame actually. I like Zach in Miami.

Patriots have offered Zach Thomas a contract.

as a linebacker or cameraman?

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    as a linebacker or cameraman?
    Both, wise ass

Even Marshall Faulk who was on that Rams team, who was one of there star players said he wants nothing to with it, and that he does not care, yet some no name guy who played for them is starting all this shit again, give it up.
    Last edited by two24four; 02-20-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Both, wise ass

Even Marshall Faulk who was on that Rams team, who was one of there star players said he wants nothing to with it, and that he does not care, yet some no name guy who played for them is starting all this shit again, give it up.

Dallas signed him.

So I see the 'Phins signed Ernie Wilford... what's the word on this guy? Looking at past #'s, he's never really done much with JAX, but that could be because they're a very run oriented team. Does he become the #1 WR on MIA? I can't see GinnJr being the #1 option just yet, so barring any other major signings by the Phins at WR, I'm guessing Wilford becomes the #1?

Admittedly, I don;t know much about him, but I don't see him putting up great numbers with Beck or McCown throwing to him. And on that note, somebody PLZ tell me that Beck or McCown are NOT going to be our #1 QB this year... any rumblings of the Dolphins trading for or signing somebody...ummm.... better? I'd be really surprised if The Tuna went into the season with either of those two as the starter.

So I see the 'Phins signed Ernie Wilford... what's the word on this guy? Looking at past #'s, he's never really done much with JAX, but that could be because they're a very run oriented team. Does he become the #1 WR on MIA? I can't see GinnJr being the #1 option just yet, so barring any other major signings by the Phins at WR, I'm guessing Wilford becomes the #1?

Admittedly, I don;t know much about him, but I don't see him putting up great numbers with Beck or McCown throwing to him. And on that note, somebody PLZ tell me that Beck or McCown are NOT going to be our #1 QB this year... any rumblings of the Dolphins trading for or signing somebody...ummm.... better? I'd be really surprised if The Tuna went into the season with either of those two as the starter.
    I have heard that they might possibly take Ryan with there 1st pick at the draft.

Thread Information