Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    Nice! Should be a great Wings/OTT game. Both teams should be pretty jacked up for it! Then Tosk facing his old team. Should be a good night for hockey watching, around here anyway.
    Yeah it's deff the early game Saturday night.........Saturday will be a good night for Sports, hockey and Pats game at 8pm, cant wait.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Can't say I'm surprised about the 3 year extension for Osgood.. with the way he's been playing. I am just soooo upset that I can't justly call him WASGood anymore

The Neutral Zone Trap First Liner LFk's Avatar
    Well you can change it to Isgood.

About as catchy.

League 1
    12 Team, H2H, 21 Man Rosters
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, Util, 5BN

C:
    J. Spezza, J. Toews, T. Plekanec, T. Connolly, M. Modano, P. Berglund
    LW:
    A. Ovechkin, T. Vanek+,M. Naslund, T. Bertuzzi (158th)
    RW: T. Selanne (107th),
    M. Samuelsson, J. Hudler, C. Kobasew, J. Lehtinen
    D: B. Rafalski (38th), D. Byfuglien (110th),
    K. Bieksa, B. Coburn, M. Niskanen
    G: E. Nabokov,
    J. Theodore, N. Khabibulin

Trade, FA
    Eventually, none of my originally drafted squad is going to remain

League 2: 20 Team, 25 Man Rosters H2H
    League 3: 12 Team, 18 Man Rosters H2H

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LFk View Post
    Well you can change it to Isgood.

About as catchy.
    but not nearly as enjoyable or taunting...

honestly though, who do the Wings have in minors that might be a sort of future for them anyway? I can't imagine Hasek sticking around much longer so the 3 year for ozzie is a good comfort for the Wings to have.

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    but not nearly as enjoyable or taunting...

honestly though, who do the Wings have in minors that might be a sort of future for them anyway? I can't imagine Hasek sticking around much longer so the 3 year for ozzie is a good comfort for the Wings to have.
    Jimmy Howard... although he isn't being too impressive. I'm sure Holland will sign someone good if he needs to, he's never been afraid to in the past.

Sweet! Ott - Det as the first HNIC game.... I love it! Sooooo tired of seeing the ACC every Saturday at 6pm.

On a side note, the TSN panel voted where they think we'll see Sundin come the trade deadline. 2 of the 3 (MacKenzie and Dreger - I think it was Dreger can't remember) picked Toronto, but "Mad" Mike Millbury (as they refer to him as ) thinks Mats will end up in Motown! This I wouldn't mind, but my question is, do we really need him? and will it be worth giving up picks/prospects to rent Mats for a cup run? I'm still bitter that we lost Shawn Matthais in the Bertuzzi deal.... that was a high price to pay for a guy that did pretty much nothing.

Thoughts?

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Allan Muir on SI.com is suggesting they'd have to give Hudler, Kindl or Brendan Smith, and a couple picks, which is NOT AT ALL worth it IMO. I see no need to rent Sundin, especially if it's gonna cost an emerging star like Hudler and one of the top D prospects in the game in Kindl or Smith. There's no need to get rid of any of those guys or picks, they're future stars.

If they're gonna trade prospects, they better get somebody who will be with them for a while, none of this Bert/Sundin rental BS.

I honeslty don't see why they need to make ANY moves. They're owning the league right now, with no signs of slowing down. If they sustain a couple major, season ending injuries to a couple key guys, then yeah, maybe make a move, but as it stands now, I odn't see why they can't win the cup with the team they have.

Banned All-Star
    I 100% agree.... no way they part with Hudler for Sundin. I would only consider parting with maybe one of the young D-men and some later round picks, but I don't think TO needs more D. With Lebda, Lilja, Rafalski, Lidstrom, Quincy, Chelios, Kronwall defense is the only place where we could give up a young talent and not feel the effects that bad.

If Sundin came here and committed to a 1 or 2 year contract, then and only then would I even think about it if I were Holland. But I really don't see how that would work.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I just brought up the Sundin to DET talk in the Leafs thread, I think it would be a great move for DET, you never know who might get hurt before or during the playoff run, and having Sundin would only help, just think, he prob would not even be on the 1st PP in DET, so that only makes the 2nd PP that much better, and it's already like team Sweden over there, so I'm sure Zetts Lids etc.....would love having him come over...........I think Hudler a 1st round pick and maybe another player back for him would be fair, I think it be worth it for DET, we dont need Kindl or Smith as they are D we dont need anymore D, but Emmerton would be good coming the other way.

I'm not trying to start anything here, really I'm not, but we all know how good DET can be during the reg season to only lose in round 1 or something to EDM or someone like that, nothing is for sure in the playoffs, Sundin would only make the players around him that much bettter.

On a side note, I would much rather see them trade Sundin to the Ducks and get the Oilers 1st round pick the Ducks got in the Penner deal, it should be a very high pick this year, then having our own would be huge.
    Last edited by two24four; 01-10-2008 at 12:06 PM.

THE authority All-Star
    Allan Muir on SI.com is suggesting they'd have to give Hudler, Kindl or Brendan Smith, and a couple picks, which is NOT AT ALL worth it IMO. I see no need to rent Sundin, especially if it's gonna cost an emerging star like Hudler and one of the top D prospects in the game in Kindl or Smith. There's no need to get rid of any of those guys or picks, they're future stars.

If they're gonna trade prospects, they better get somebody who will be with them for a while, none of this Bert/Sundin rental BS.

I honeslty don't see why they need to make ANY moves. They're owning the league right now, with no signs of slowing down. If they sustain a couple major, season ending injuries to a couple key guys, then yeah, maybe make a move, but as it stands now, I odn't see why they can't win the cup with the team they have.
    I totally agree with this. Looking at the season thus far, why WOULD Detroit need to alter anything? At no point in this season have they really looked shaky in any particular area. Sure I bet there are some teams that might need Sundin for a playoff drive......only because they might be facing Detroit!

No moves are necessary here, I can't see losing young guys for cup run when the team seems pretty primed for the run as it is.....

I am a steamroller of truth, paving the highway to the future, expect delays!

Here is the plate of truth you ordered. Be careful, it's HOT!

You might want to add water......this is some concentrated truth.

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I just brought up the Sundin to DET talk in the Leafs thread, I think it would be a great move for DET, you never know who might get hurt before or during the playoff run, and having Sundin would only help, just think, he prob would not even be on the 1st PP in DET, so that only makes the 2nd PP that much better, and it's already like team Sweden over there, so I'm sure Zetts Lids etc.....would love having him come over...........I think Hudler a 1st round pick and maybe another player back for him would be fair, I think it be worth it for DET, we dont need Kindl or Smith as they are D we dont need anymore D, but Emmerton would be good coming the other way.

I'm not trying to start anything here, really I'm not, but we all know how good DET can be during the reg season to only lose in round 1 or something to EDM or someone like that, nothing is for sure in the playoffs, Sundin would only make the players around him that much bettter.

On a side note, I would much rather see them trade Sundin to the Ducks and get the Oilers 1st round pick the Ducks got in the Penner deal, it should be a very high pick this year, then having our own would be huge.
    Yeah fair for the Leafs.... but Hudler is going to be our next Zetts/Dats type guy once he developes. I don't think Holland is prepared to give up the future for a shot at the cup, in which they already have a kick ass shot at.

Also, I noticed you mentioned the Oilers. Unlike then, we now have 2 solid goalies, so I am not worried about running into a hot goalie because we have two. If one isn't clicking, go with the other.

As much as I'd love to have Sundin help us along the ride, it isn't worth it to the Wings. As tinkey mentioned, it's the other Western playoff teams that will want him to try and stop the Wings (and the Ducks now).

Banned All-Star
    Wow... well didn't expect Minny to be the team to get into an offensive battle with us! Ozzy must have had an off night.

Banned All-Star
    Boy o boy... time to stop the bleeding boys! I think Ozzy needs a rest and give Dom more starts. Seems Ozzy's play has declined since being named an all star.

I know we don't need it, but anyone think we will acquire anyone at the deadline?

I hope not. No need to mess with the current chemistry. Everybody knows their roles and plays them well, why fuck that up with a rental who probably won't be around long term?

I'd love to see Hossa in the Red and White if they can sign him long term, but not if he's just gonna be a rental and they gotta give up a bunch of prospects/picks to get him. Plus, with the relatively large contracts they already have, might be tough to build the rest of the team and have a decent supporting stable of players if Dats, Zetts, Hossa, Lids and Rafalski are taking up half the team's cap space.

Mentioned it a month or two ago, and then a week or two ago -- I'd love to see the Wings go wire to wire with the team they started the season with. Hossa would be sweet, but not if it's gonna cost a bunch of the team's future and he leaves after the season.

Banned All-Star
    I agree 100%... but everytime you watch a hockey show some sportscaster is predicting this guy will be traded to Detroit or that guy.

I really hope Osgood get's out of this funk though, I hope he isn't dogging it now that he got a 3 year extention.

Quote Originally Posted by WinnipegWingnut View Post
    I agree 100%... but everytime you watch a hockey show some sportscaster is predicting this guy will be traded to Detroit or that guy.

I really hope Osgood get's out of this funk though, I hope he isn't dogging it now that he got a 3 year extention.
    I doubt that's the case. He doesn't seem like that type of guy. He's been sensational all season, playing way over his head (IMO), so he's due for a bit of a let down, a couple bad games doesn't really worry me. If it continues, then I might start to worry a little more, but as long as Dom keeps rolling, it's not an issue as far as I'm concerned. TBH, I wouldn't mind seeing Dom get into a few more games than Ozzie down the stretch. He's got a pretty fragile psyche I think, and it might be good for him to re-establish himself as the unquestioned #1 going into the playoffs, whereas Oz seems completely content to take on whatever role he's thrust into.

Dats and Zetts on same line ='s win...Split them up ='s loss. Ever since Zetts got back Babcok has kept them on seperate line, lets revert back to the winning ways

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Dats and Zetts on same line ='s win...Split them up ='s loss. Ever since Zetts got back Babcok has kept them on seperate line, lets revert back to the winning ways

Damn it Babcock!!! Don't mess with good chemistry!!! Hudler/Flip/Sammy or Cleary is a damn good second scoring line too!

So what are the lines looking like now?

Last I checked, according to the line combos thread in the fantasy section...:

Filp/Dats/Homer
    Zetts/Hudler/Cleary
    Franzen/Draper/Samuelsson
    Maltby/Kopecky/Drake

Banned All-Star
    Last I checked, according to the line combos thread in the fantasy section...:

Filp/Dats/Homer
    Zetts/Hudler/Cleary
    Franzen/Draper/Samuelsson
    Maltby/Kopecky/Drake
    Should flop Zetts and Flip and we'd be set. A top line that every team is going to have a hard time stopping, then a young up-and-comer second line (well minus Cleary) that is fast and hard to contain.

Should flop Zetts and Flip and we'd be set. A top line that every team is going to have a hard time stopping, then a young up-and-comer second line (well minus Cleary) that is fast and hard to contain.
    Couldn't agree more. Now that Huds is contributing consistently and Filp is well on his way to being productive and relaible, I don't see why Babs shouldn't have full confidence in them as a 2nd line going forward. Heck, they could sub Sammy in for Cleary to get a bigger shot on that line, and they'd be just as well off. Splitting up Dats and Zetts makes no sense to me, but whatever, guess that's why I'm not the coach

Banned All-Star
    Couldn't agree more. Now that Huds is contributing consistently and Filp is well on his way to being productive and relaible, I don't see why Babs shouldn't have full confidence in them as a 2nd line going forward. Heck, they could sub Sammy in for Cleary to get a bigger shot on that line, and they'd be just as well off. Splitting up Dats and Zetts makes no sense to me, but whatever, guess that's why I'm not the coach
    Haha... I agree, I have no clue why Babs did. I think I'd keep Cleary with the youngsters though, I think he'd keep up with them better. Save Sammy for the point on the 2nd PP with that shot.

Haha... I agree, I have no clue why Babs did. I think I'd keep Cleary with the youngsters though, I think he'd keep up with them better. Save Sammy for the point on the 2nd PP with that shot.
    Yeah, I agree, that's probably for the best, just tossing out ideas for how they can keep Dats/Zetts/Homer together and still mess with the other lines if necessary.

Senior Member All-Star Ultimate_Nux_Fan's Avatar
    Well, two teams that have lost 3 of 4 go at it tonight! It should be a good game, barring any lack of effort on the Canucks part. It sucks that the Canucks will be potentially missing their top 4 D-men tonight but Shorty (John Shorthouse - voice of the Vancouver Canucks) is reporting that Salo and Mitchell are probable. Hopefully we can take at least one off the mighty Wings. The Sharks have already swept the Canucks and I doubt the boys want to be swept by another team this year!
    MY TEAM - YAHOO 12-team ROTO league
    Current rank:

C: Getzlaf, Carter, B. Richards

LW: Wolski, Neal, Hall

RW: Gaborik, Horton, Neil

D: Boyle, Zidlicky, Yandle, Karlsson

G: Luongo, Turco, Bernier

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate_Nux_Fan View Post
    Well, two teams that have lost 3 of 4 go at it tonight! It should be a good game, barring any lack of effort on the Canucks part. It sucks that the Canucks will be potentially missing their top 4 D-men tonight but Shorty (John Shorthouse - voice of the Vancouver Canucks) is reporting that Salo and Mitchell are probable. Hopefully we can take at least one off the mighty Wings. The Sharks have already swept the Canucks and I doubt the boys want to be swept by another team this year!
    It was a dandy.... Rafalski you can thank for getting you guys to OT. Luongo was awesome, the Wings took almost 50 shots on him. Ridiculous. I think Mitchell was playing though, not sure about Salo (was just checking the Yahoo updates as I didn't get the game got Edmonton/Wash instead).

It was a dandy.... Rafalski you can thank for getting you guys to OT. Luongo was awesome, the Wings took almost 50 shots on him. Ridiculous. I think Mitchell was playing though, not sure about Salo (was just checking the Yahoo updates as I didn't get the game got Edmonton/Wash instead).
    Not sure if it was the Rafalski own-goal, but the play preceding one of the Nucks' goals was sick. Cleary gets levelled, Sedin takes the puck and puts it around one of the Wings, and goes in on the rush, a couple sweet passes and a spin-o-rama move later and the puck is in the net. I'll see if I can find a vid clip of it.

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console?hlg=20072008,2,694

it's about 3 mins in. The Rafalski own goal. After a 2nd look, it's not as spectacular as I first thought when I first saw it, but a nice play by Sedin regardless, and a huge hit on Cleary to start the play. Too bad they couldn't have scored on a sweet snipe or a sick deke on Dom, as that woulda made it even sweeter, but still a nice play by all invovled.
    Last edited by chgorman; 01-18-2008 at 10:05 AM.

what a great game. i got the best of both worlds, a great game by luongo, and a wings win.
    "On your BEST day, you're not as smart as I am, on my WORST day." -Judge Judy-

It got pretty wild there in the third! As a matter of fact, the Canucks were actually owning the Wings at some points. You could tell Hasek was getting all frantic and had had enough on some plays. If only the Canucks could have won it in the shootout but our clutch guys unfortunately couldn't get it done...

Definately a great overall game last night and don't want to knock the team but the result still shows that the Canucks need scoring. LOL, I know I've beaten this subject to death but it's painful knowing how many of these games the Canucks COULD come out the victors if we had a big scorer; the go-to guy! The Sedins can't score all the goals and Luongo can't make 47 saves every night. I'm begging of Nonis to stop hiding behind Luongo, who he seems to think gives us an automatic win and is an excuse to get pluggers like Isbister, Beech, Cowan etc.
    Current rank:

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    pretty big game tonight, especially for the sharks. in the first two games you guys have owned us out scoring us 9-3. but those games were in october so im hoping the sharks come out big for this game.

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30 View Post
    pretty big game tonight, especially for the sharks. in the first two games you guys have owned us out scoring us 9-3. but those games were in october so im hoping the sharks come out big for this game.
    Hasek in net tonight... he's been on fire lately so that is definitely in our favour. Either way should be a damn good game.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30 View Post
    Ivanovic is doing pretty well down under eh! Don't think she's lost a set yet...
    Current rank:

Thread Information