Page 484 of 486 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486 LastLast
Results 14,491 to 14,520 of 14571
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Report i read said the Leafs will be losing Leipsic, Griffith and Carrick for Colin Miller. Dubas likes his analytics and he has a history with Suter. I'm just glad they didnt waste a pick, you never know who may fall to 17. Obviously this is rumour atp
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Yeah the Miller Leafs rumour has been going around for a few days now. Dubas knows him real well as he had him in the OHL with the Soo when he was their GM.
    Last edited by two24four; 06-21-2017 at 10:43 PM.

So the Leafs play in Vegas on New Years Eve day

They also have an afternoon game at 2pm on December 12th. They are honoring the 100 years of the Toronto Arenas.
    Last edited by two24four; 06-22-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Love the Leafs pick. Think he will be a steal.

Leafs go D again in round two taking Eemeli Rasanen from Kingston. He's 6'7 210 lbs. I liked him in the games I saw him play. Seemed like he could get around good for a big guy. Has a good shot.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    I'm amazed Liljegren fell that far. Could be another Chychrun situation (though probably not that soon).
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

No brainer....gotta like that

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    I'm amazed Liljegren fell that far. Could be another Chychrun situation (though probably not that soon).
    Never heard of this guys, but if Hamster brings it up (since two24four is the only other junior whiz round these parts) then it must mean something. Glad to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    Never heard of this guys, but if Hamster brings it up (since two24four is the only other junior whiz round these parts) then it must mean something. Glad to hear.
    Coming into the year, if I recall, Liljegren was the top-rated D in the draft class. He had a rough year, owing to a bout with mono that had him out for a good chunk of the year. He was already playing in the men's league in Sweden in 2015-16, though. I've seen him compared to Karlsson and (probably more realistically) Letang. Seeing 5 defensemen get picked ahead of him because of illness, rather than injury, does surprise me quite a bit, when I expected him be the 2nd or 3rd D-man taken in the draft.
    Curse of the Hamster

I think some had him going 1st overall at some point a year or so ago. But yeah I don't think the mono helped him. I was out and following the draft on twitter, as it was getting closer to the Leafs pick I was just hoping no other team would grab him.

He said himself the other night he thinks he needs another year before coming over to play here. I wonder if a Jr team will draft him Wednesday in the import draft. Maybe the Leafs might want him to play a season of Jr, who knows.

They had to take him. D is what they need more than anything else. For him to fall to them they must have felt like they won the lottery again.
    Last edited by two24four; 06-25-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Liljegren was exactly what I had hoped for throughout the year as he kept slipping. Maybe he slipped for a reason, but maybe we got super lucky!!

I like the idea of Marleau and Thornton - they would be great on a 2yr deals and they'd take SO MUCH pressure of the kids and serve as excellent role models. I hope they stick to the plan and grow organically unless they can find the deal...no long-term signings..save the money for Matthews, Marner & Nylander so that they can offer 6 for $6mm type deals instead of a bridge contract that will cost them dearly down the road. Keep this core together for the next decade!

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Liljegren was exactly what I had hoped for throughout the year as he kept slipping. Maybe he slipped for a reason, but maybe we got super lucky!!

I like the idea of Marleau and Thornton - they would be great on a 2yr deals and they'd take SO MUCH pressure of the kids and serve as excellent role models. I hope they stick to the plan and grow organically unless they can find the deal...no long-term signings..save the money for Matthews, Marner & Nylander so that they can offer 6 for $6mm type deals instead of a bridge contract that will cost them dearly down the road. Keep this core together for the next decade!
    6x6 for those guys is going to be hard to do. The Oilers were able to do it years ago but that was when the cap was lower and when Crosby/Ovechkin were the highest paid players at ~9 mill.

Yeah, with the contract McDavid is expected to sign (13.25m!), and Eichel likely to command 9-11m/yr, I doubt any of those guys get signed for 6m. My math may be off, but a six-year term is also an odd one to suggest, since I believe it would be ending right when they hit UFA eligible age.
    Curse of the Hamster

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post

Getting mono did not help him.

Yeah, 6x6 might have been optimistic but I wasn't expecting $13.25mm - holy fuck! (and was just using that as an example, not suggesting 6x6 offers per se - I certainly hope we don't have to go too high...kinda kills the chances they all stick around)

So say the Leafs do sign Joe Thornton...they'd pretty much have to move Bozak then no? Jumbo is still to good to be playing on the 4th line.

Not to offend Jumbo but im not sure they need a guy of his calibre atp He would fit in the bottom and need to be paid like the top so its not a good fit. If they did move Bozak it would work for sure....but really is that a huge upgrade? I still wish they could bring in Duchene but the asking price is too high from what i gather.

Sorry B_illin but that 6 million for Mathews is laughable....he will surely be over 10 at max term. Pretty sure he will get the C this season as well.

I like the Moore signing. He's a good 4th line centre. I wanted him to stay last time he played for the Leafs. Not a huge fan of the Hainsey signing. Good depth I guess.

Well theres a huge hole left by Polak so heres hoping Hainsey more than fills it. The price and term are along the lines of what they could fit on the roster without forcing anything long term or overpriced. Like Alzner lol The Habs also signed the Leafs castaways in Froese and Holland, desperate times i suppose. They are still crying to Radulov and Markov plus Galchenyuk is probably not pleased with his treatment. This should blow up in Montreals face but i guess we will see.

Edit: I would have prefered Cammalleri over Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    Well theres a huge hole left by Polak so heres hoping Hainsey more than fills it. The price and term are along the lines of what they could fit on the roster without forcing anything long term or overpriced. Like Alzner lol The Habs also signed the Leafs castaways in Froese and Holland, desperate times i suppose. They are still crying to Radulov and Markov plus Galchenyuk is probably not pleased with his treatment. This should blow up in Montreals face but i guess we will see.

Edit: I would have prefered Cammalleri over Moore
    Is Polak confirmed not to come back?

Wow Marleau signs with Leafs. This shows you what players around the league think of this team. He's looking for his first Cup still. He's also never not played for another team outside of SJ in the NHL.

Good leadership for the Leafs.
    Last edited by two24four; 07-02-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Wow Marleau signs with Leafs. This shows you what players around the league think of this team. He's looking for his first Cup still. He's also never not played for another team outside of SJ in the NHL.

Good leadership for the Leafs.
    You think he could've fetched more elsewhere? Just trying to decide if this a good deal.

I think it was more about getting the 3rd year. Leaving the Sharks also could not have been easy for him. He's going to be a good leader for the kids while also being able to still put up points.

Lines as of right now....

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
    JVR-Bozak-Marner
    Komarov-Kadri-Brown
    Martin-Moore-Hyman

This bumps Hyman down to more of a role he should be in.
    Last edited by two24four; 07-03-2017 at 09:11 AM.

I think it was more about getting the 3rd year. Leaving the Sharks also could not have been easy for him. He's going to be a good leader for the kids while also being able to still put up points.

Lines as of right now....

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
    JVR-Bozak-Marner
    Komarov-Kadri-Brown
    Martin-Moore-Hyman

This bumps Hyman down to more of a role he should be in.
    Solid if you ask me. You think Sparks is ready to take on a bigger role this year? I know they re-signed McElhinney, but still.

Senior Member All-Star Rocklobster's Avatar
    Bad move for the leafs IMO. Too much money for a guy that is too old. Yeah he has a leadership role but that's not worth 6+ mill... He barely produces.

He's still great skater unlike most other players his age and he can score 20+. I have nothing wrong with that. It's a lot but they need some vets to win in the playoffs. He has almost 200 playoff games played. I won't be shocked if they make him captain for a few years.
    Last edited by two24four; 07-03-2017 at 05:15 PM.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Wow Marleau signs with Leafs. This shows you what players around the league think of this team.
    I think it was more about getting the 3rd year.
    Which do you think it is? I'd say more of the latter. Mind you, I can't fault him for getting as much as he can, but that's a lot of money for him.

I think he thinks this team can win now while getting a 3rd year is a bonus. He said today this was very, very hard for him over the last few days. I don't think he was leaving SJ for just $$. He also said Babcock was a big reason why he liked the Leafs. He's played for him with team Canada.

Playing with the young kids I think will fire him up a bit.
    Last edited by two24four; 07-03-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Rocklobster's Avatar
    He's still great skater unlike most other players his age and he can score 20+. I have nothing wrong with that. It's a lot but they need some vets to win in the playoffs. He has almost 200 playoff games played. I won't be shocked if they make him captain for a few years.
    He will be 38 when the season starts and not too many players play that long in the nhl. I hope he can score 20 goals but his point totals have been decreasing. IMO that money should have been spent on some D. Guess we'll just have to see how it plays out as it's definitely a gamble.

No way they make him captain over Matthews either. Patty is here short term and Auston is the teams star and leader.

I agree about the captain thing, but I just have this feeling they don't want Auston to have it yet. I'd make him captain now if it was me picking.

The only FA d-man I really wanted from this years UFA's was Alzner. He wanted to play in front of Price though.

Thread Information