Page 477 of 487 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,310 of 14584
    Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    Man, it's so tough losing this way every time. If you just go by the results and how they're playing for the majority of the game i'd be really happy with this team actually, just too constantly blow leads though, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by boredguy View Post
    Man, it's so tough losing this way every time. If you just go by the results and how they're playing for the majority of the game i'd be really happy with this team actually, just too constantly blow leads though, ugh.
    Couldn't agree more. I know winning wasn't to be expected, but to play real solid for 40 minutes and then get outworked the next 20 is really disappointing and a pain to watch.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    5-0 after 2 this season. On the bright side they have a point in all but 1 game this season.

They just need to learn to hold the lead in the 3rd. Also need the goalies to help steal a win. That will help build some confidence. Andersen seems to over commit a lot in net then cant make it across in time to make the save when it's passed over.

Not sure why or how Hunwick/Polak were on the ice together at times.

Rielly, Matthews, Marner, Nylander are going to be fun to watch for years. Marner is blocking shots like a beast.

Andersen does over commit on some of these shots, but he's also shown that he can come up with some real big saves when needed.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Its fun to watch if you a are a leafs hater thats for sure. Theres a lot of good stuff going on. With a team this young it just makes babs pain comment stick out to me. They WILL get better....just not overnight. After 20 games they will make adjustments. Hate to get ahead of myself but they have some good trade bait in the system and this team aint "built" yet.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Wendel will be at Costco in windsor signing on the 9th

He's coming to Chapters here on the 3rd. I know the girl running it at Chapters....she told me to come she'd make sure I get to meet him for sure.

Leafs get even younger with Michalek on waivers. Means Brown should end up on Kadri's wing which is good.

We need Soshnikov back.

There is some chatter on Twitter speculating that JvR might be headed to ANH as he isn't in practice today...

There has been Ducks/Leafs rumors flying around for a week or so. Whether any of it is true or not who knows. So far with Shanahan and Lou nothing get's out till it happens.

Well the Ducks signed Lindholm (had to waive Etem to do so) Im pretty sure they are still over tho. Bernier to the IR? I still have a feeling something was brewing but the Ducks are tight asses and have to jam every trade down our throats, fk them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    Well the Ducks signed Lindholm (had to waive Etem to do so) Im pretty sure they are still over tho. Bernier to the IR? I still have a feeling something was brewing but the Ducks are tight asses and have to jam every trade down our throats, fk them!!
    Didn't they just pick him up?

Hunwick was put on the IR today. Wonder if he's off to Robidas island.

I'd like to see Corrado get a chance. Marincin hasn't looked great.

How big is tonight's Oilers/Leafs game? Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey were all at the morning skate. Gretzky said he flew in for this game. This might be the hottest Leafs ticket all year. To bad it's not a Saturday night game.

Its huge considering suddenly the Oilers are cup favorites Im streaming so its choppy but it looks fast end to end trading chances. Oil have at least two posts and its 2-1 Leafs half way through.

That was Kadri's best game in the NHL last night. He shutdown McDavid while also scoring two goals. One being the OT winner. He was a pest pissing the Oilers off every chance he got. He had a bit of Gilmour/Corson/Tucker in him. Lucic, Kassian and Maroon all wanted to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Hunwick was put on the IR today. Wonder if he's off to Robidas island.

I'd like to see Corrado get a chance. Marincin hasn't looked great.
    But how could he, he's Babcock's favourite!
    That was Kadri's best game in the NHL last night. He shutdown McDavid while also scoring two goals. One being the OT winner. He was a pest pissing the Oilers off every chance he got. He had a bit of Gilmour/Corson/Tucker in him. Lucic, Kassian and Maroon all wanted to get him.
    Perhaps he's finally taking the role he was meant to have. With the likes of Nylander, Marner and Matthews the scoring isn't all on him anymore.

Andersen sure found his game. His last 4 games he is 3-1 with a .954 SV%. He's the only reason they won last night.

Awkward style of goaltending but its getting done. I also feel Marner was the real reason they won, he is carrying those guys on that line.

Senior Member All-Star Rocklobster's Avatar
    That pad save.... beauty.

Marner's hockey IQ is off the charts. Andersen is why they won that game though. Could have been 5-2 Buffalo.

He made two saves in that game that'll be in this season's highlights of the year.

Any body else think van Riemsdyk will have a career year?

Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    Any body else think van Riemsdyk will have a career year?
    That line sure is clicking right now that is for sure. I think anyone who is playing with Marner is going to put up some nice numbers, he'll find you and get you the puck.

JVR has always been a good player. Remember he only played 40 games last season. I'm a JVR fan but if they aren't in a playoff spot at the deadline I would try to trade him. Playoff teams would love to add a player like JVR and might overpay.

Leafs need to focus on drafting/trading for d-men now. After Rielly/Zaitsev this team is really weak. Gardiner is good at moving the puck and he's fine in the other teams zone but he still scares me in the Leafs zone. Hunwick was never great, but he's taken a step back this year. Marincin is a pilon most of the time in the Leafs end. Polak is Polak. He works for now, he's a 6th-7th D-man on most teams. Carrick I think will be good, but still needs time. Don't think Corrado is an NHL player. They have Dermott, Nielsen, Valiev with the Marlies but they are all best learning down there for now.

The next draft isn't as good as the last couple of drafts but there is some d-man the Leafs should be looking at.

Timothy Liljegren- They'd need a top 3 if not top 2 pick to get him.
    Callan Foote- Adam's son. Already 6'3 200 lbs.
    Nicolas Hague- 6'6 210 lbs. Moves the puck good for a big dude. Doesn't mind getting physical.
    Last edited by two24four; 11-16-2016 at 11:46 AM.

That line sure is clicking right now that is for sure. I think anyone who is playing with Marner is going to put up some nice numbers, he'll find you and get you the puck.

JVR has always been a good player. Remember he only played 40 games last season. I'm a JVR fan but if they aren't in a playoff spot at the deadline I would try to trade him. Playoff teams would love to add a player like JVR and might overpay.

Leafs need to focus on drafting/trading for d-men now. After Rielly/Zaitsev this team is really weak. Gardiner is good at moving the puck and he's fine in the other teams zone but he still scares me in the Leafs zone. Hunwick was never great, but he's taken a step back this year. Marincin is a pilon most of the time in the Leafs end. Polak is Polak. He works for now, he's a 6th-7th D-man on most teams. Carrick I think will be good, but still needs time. Don't think Corrado is an NHL player. They have Dermott, Nielsen, Valiev with the Marlies but they are all best learning down there for now.

The next draft isn't as good as the last couple of drafts but there is some d-man the Leafs should be looking at.

Timothy Liljegren- They'd need a top 3 if not top 2 pick to get him.
    Callan Foote- Adam's son. Already 6'3 200 lbs.
    Nicolas Hague- 6'6 210 lbs. Moves the puck good for a big dude. Doesn't mind getting physical.
    Agreed with the points above.I was hoping for Corrado to get penciled in when they were struggling, but he's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    Agreed with the points above.I was hoping for Corrado to get penciled in when they were struggling, but he's bad.
    Agreed. But it's not all his fault. He hasn't played much in the last year. But they cant send him down without having to put him on waivers but for some reason they are afraid to lose him. Let him play somewhere.

Andersen has looked solid. He seems to be settling in a bit. This team is feared for its scoring abilities but chuckled upon when it comes to defending the zone. I cant count how many times i think the other team is on a PP when its actually even lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    Andersen has looked solid. He seems to be settling in a bit. This team is feared for its scoring abilities but chuckled upon when it comes to defending the zone. I cant count how many times i think the other team is on a PP when its actually even lol
    Exactly. I have felt the same way watching them. Marincin was out with Polak the other day. No way should they ever be on the ice together.

I was never worried about Andersen. You knew he would find his game at some point. The way they are playing him he might play 55-60+ games.
    Last edited by two24four; 11-16-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Thread Information