Page 475 of 487 FirstFirst ... 375425465473474475476477485 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,250 of 14588
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see Kadri getting any better than he has already shown. He's in his prime now - this is the new NHL. 30+ year olds are OLD now.
    Yes, though Naz seems the type that we still be spunky into his 30's. He frustrates me but I see what he can become if, as two24four stated, he wants it enough. Maturity (or the lack thereof) is his biggest deficiency...he's his own worst enemy.

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    I wonder how glad Kadri is that he won't get stuck with Grabner this season. Aside from creating breakaways which he wouldn't score on he was a blackhole offensively. I'd love to see a Leo, Kadri, Willie line, think they'd mesh well. I don't think Kadri ever comes close to 75 but a consistent 50 points with the odd year being higher seems do-able. He's certainly seemed to have matured the last couple of years though he still has lapses.

Team wise I hope they keep up someone like Froese in favour of sending Leivo down. Babcock really seemed to like Froese last year though so it's a distinct possibility. Be nice if they could trade one of Michalek, Greening or Holland but they need to be careful with balancing amount of vets with amount of rookies. Think they should keep Laich and maybe even resign him, he looked okay in that 4th line role last season and could be a useful vet. I'm fine with Bozak sticking around this season, lets Willie play in the top 6 albeit as a winger.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I agree that 30 year olds seem old(ish) now in the NHL. Naz could maybe hit his prime in the next year or two, who knows.

I would keep Laich as well. He may not wear the C but I think he'll be like a captain for this team as long as he's here.

Hunter named Asst. GM & Enroth signed.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, the dog days of Summer

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Hunter named Asst. GM & Enroth signed.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, the dog days of Summer
    What do you expect this time of summer? Welcoming news for a backup, though.

Prust coming to camp on a PTO.

Damn, I'd have loved to see the Leafs do that deal with the Panthers for Crouse...I'd have happily buried Bolland!

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Damn, I'd have loved to see the Leafs do that deal with the Panthers for Crouse...I'd have happily buried Bolland!
    I mean, you'd only get ~$1m of cap savings from burying him -- devoting $4.5m to a non-roster player is something I'm not sure the Leafs have the space for anymore... assuming he's not going to be able to be permanently LTIR'd anyway.
    Last edited by Hamsterkill; 08-26-2016 at 11:12 AM.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

FLA is really making some odd moves. I get they wanted Bolland gone, but no way should they have traded Crouse.

ARI is loaded with young upcoming stars.
    Last edited by two24four; 08-26-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    FLA is really making some odd moves. I get they wanted Bolland gone, but no way should they have traded Crouse.

ARI is loaded with young upcoming stars.
    I'm not sure he's more valuable than Teravainen is right now, and that's where the price of salary dump was set, earlier in the summer. The Wings got a really good deal when the 'Yotes wanted to trade up for Chychrun.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

He's not more valuable than Teravainen, but ARI has made out great in both trades for the future IMO getting Chychrun with the Wings pick they got for taking Dats and getting Crouse back for taking Bolland.

ARI now has Domi, D. Strome, Duclair, Dvorak, MacInnis, Perlini, Merkley, Keller, Chychrun, Dineen, Crouse. That's an insane group of prospects to build around. ARI has Tim Bernhardt at Director of Amateur Scouting and Jeff Twohey at Assistant Director of Amateur Scouting. They are the main reason IMO why they are so good at getting prospects.
    Last edited by two24four; 08-26-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Seems a lot of people bought tickets for the rookie tourney hoping to see Matthews play but he wont be their because he will be playing in the World Cup.

The Leafs have the best prospects in the league and it's not even close
    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ranking...ry?id=41724093

Ugh...so Frederik Andersen left his Olympic qualifier game today while playing for Denmark. I saw the video, he looks like he landed hard on his right shoulder.
    Last edited by two24four; 09-02-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Senior Member All-Star Rocklobster's Avatar
    Leafs curse remains intact. Let the tanking begin

Elliotte Friedman twitter....

TOR will fly Frederik Andersen back here to be examined by doctors. Right now listed as an upper body injury but not sure if or how serious

Ugh...so Frederik Andersen left his Olympic qualifier game today while playing for Denmark. I saw the video, he looks like he landed hard on his right shoulder.

Elliotte Friedman twitter....
    And this is why I wasn't too crazy about them going to any tournaments. Wild to see how the Leafs had a player on each team in this World Cup tournament. Had being the operative word as Andersen is out now.

According to a report from Aivis Kalnins, the Danish Hockey Federation said Andersen should be back in action for the World Cup.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Leafs hold Andersen out of the World Cup after this.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Leafs hold Andersen out of the World Cup after this.
    I wouldn't mind either. Over-hyped in my opinion. Plus, I'd like to see protected especially since we've got him for the next five.

Guess it happened:

https://twitter.com/LeafsPR/status/7...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Out 3-4 weeks, but apparently will be ready for the start of the season.

Season starts in 5 weeks. Them shutting him down for 3-4 weeks might just be their way of saying he's not playing in the World Cup. Which I'm ok with.

Season starts in 5 weeks. Them shutting him down for 3-4 weeks might just be their way of saying he's not playing in the World Cup. Which I'm ok with.
    Agreed. I'm not holding out for a playoff spot here, but would like to see what we got with him and the whole crew. I'm pretty excited for the season to start. Anyone else get his Goa-synced glass from Budweiser?

Sounds like Lupul wasn't at the Leafs golf tourney on Monday which is mandatory for players not at the World Cup. I wonder if he's already been sent to "Robidas Island".

I get excited to see new posts in this thread, means things are picking up. Looking more and more like he won't be part of the Leafs. It's too bad we could've got something for him a while back. Anything.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    Agreed. I'm not holding out for a playoff spot here, but would like to see what we got with him and the whole crew. I'm pretty excited for the season to start. Anyone else get his Goa-synced glass from Budweiser?
    I have a couple of the codes for the glass but havent looked into it yet. Gotta get me one for sure....im sure the wife will want one for the Wings games too lol
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    I have a couple of the codes for the glass but havent looked into it yet. Gotta get me one for sure....im sure the wife will want one for the Wings games too lol
    Still awaiting mine. It's been about 10 days so far.

Going to be a very young team. Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Hyman, Carrick, Brown. Seems Holland will be the 4th line centre as they put Laich on waivers yesterday. Greening is also on waivers.

Roster will look something like this to start.

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
    JVR-Bozak-Marner
    Leo-Kadri-Michalek
    Martin-Holland-Brown

Marincin-Rielly
    Gardiner-Carrick
    Hunwick-Zaitsev

Polak-Corrado

Andersen-Enroth

Thread Information