Results 11,581 to 11,610 of 14584
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I'm thinking something like..

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
    Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
    Clarkson-Bolland-Raymond
    Bodie/McLaren-McClement-Orr

Those top two lines were hot before the break.

Any word on McClement? He hit his face hard in the last game.
    Ranger playing the Wing?

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/l...to-maple-leafs
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Kypreos said today on HC that he doesn't think Bolland's asking price after the season will be cheap for his new contract.

Samurai Stickhandler All-Star toronto1979's Avatar
    Kypreos said today on HC that he doesn't think Bolland's asking price after the season will be cheap for his new contract.
    He's currently making $3.4M. Compare that to Bozak at $4.2M.

With only 61 points in the last 3 seasons combined, how much can he expect to demand? I don't see him getting much of a raise. Matching Bozak's salary would be his ceiling.
    12 Team Keep-10 League - Silver

16 Team All Categories - 5th

18 Team Office Pool - Gold

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toronto1979 View Post
    He's currently making $3.4M. Compare that to Bozak at $4.2M.

With only 61 points in the last 3 seasons combined, how much can he expect to demand? I don't see him getting much of a raise. Matching Bozak's salary would be his ceiling.
    With the Leafs maybe... Bolland has also helped the Hawks win two Cups, don't underestimate what teams will pay for that.

Yeah I could see him asking for $5M. He's a winner and a good shut down guy. Also he could be a 1st line centre on some teams. He's more of a two way player now, but he can put points up. He put up 130 Pts his last season in the OHL. He's just found a better role in the NHL playing the two way game.
    Last edited by two24four; 02-25-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Samurai Stickhandler All-Star toronto1979's Avatar
    Yeah I could see him asking for $5M. He's a winner and a good shut down guy. Also he could be a 1st line centre on some teams. He's more of a two way player now, but he can put points up. He put up 130 Pts his last season in the OHL. He's just found a better role in the NHL playing the two way game.
    - Points are what drives contracts. Look at the contracts of all NHL defencemen if you need any proof of that.
    - One season a decade ago in junior won't get him a raise. He's never been a point producer at a professional level.
    - If he can't be a first line center on the Leafs (who need one), what team could he be a first line center on? Maybe Calgary. That's about it.

And now that I've finished stating all the reasons he won't get a significant raise. I would absolutely re-sign him. But at the value he's worth. He won't and shouldn't get more than JVR ($4.25M).
    12 Team Keep-10 League - Silver

16 Team All Categories - 5th

18 Team Office Pool - Gold

No matter what, they have to re sign him, even if it's for more then they want to give him.

Quote Originally Posted by toronto1979 View Post
    I'm hoping they don't make any big moves at the deadline. With the cap going up they can afford to extend Bolland, Raymond & Franson, so need to worry about their free agent status. (Plus they have an additional $2.5M in cap space with Tucker, Armstrong, Frattin & Scrivens coming off the books).

I don't see them having any parts I want them to get rid of that could draw any sort of worthwhile return, so their best move is to just stay the course.
    I wouldn't miss Raymond tbh and if I ran the team I'd be shopping Franson...if not at the deadline then in the off-season. Rielly (and maybe Gardiner too) growing offensively will make Franson unnecessary sooner rather than later. Franson is pretty weak imo defensively and his offense is good but not that good and he won't be getting as many offensive chances once Rielly takes the next step. Be proactive not reactive and trade him instead of paying him $4mm+/yr.

PS: good write-up in The Star about our pending FA's http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...pproaches.html

Kypreos says on Twitter that Bolland might be looking for a 7-8 year deal worth around $40M total.

If Clarkson can get $5+, Bolland can too. They're going to.have to.decide between kadri and bolland basically

Guys on HC just said they will have to decide between Clarkson and Bolland.

Trading Clarkson won't be easy. 1st because I would think most teams won't want that contract, and 2nd he also he has a bit of a NTC.
    Last edited by two24four; 02-26-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Rocklobster's Avatar
    If I had to choose between Clarkson and Bolland, I'd take Bolland. It would be extremely hard to trade Clarkson though and IMO leafs can get more value out of trading Kadri. It would suck to see him go though.

I know im playing tricks on my own mind but Clarkson to NYI for Vanek. I know its a rental but does clear the cap space they need while NYI can handle the Clarkson salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    I know im playing tricks on my own mind but Clarkson to NYI for Vanek. I know its a rental but does clear the cap space they need while NYI can handle the Clarkson salary.
    I like it, as long as Clarkson would be on board

I don't know that trading Clarkson would be the right move tbh. They can afford Kadri and Bolland (and Clarkson) if they ditch guys like McClement, Orr and maybe Kulemin and replace those 3rd/4th liners with kids on cheapie entry-level deals. That said, I don't know if they can hand out long-term deals to everyone and still have the funds for Gardiner, Rielly is a couple years time.

I wonder if Nonis is interested in Kesler? I'd be tempted to see if we could send Bozak or Bolland (or maybe even Kadri) along with Franson and then some for Kesler and Bieksa (or perhaps Garrison). I'd really like to get Bieksa but I don't think that's possible.

Kesler and Bieksa together would be adding a lot of $$$$. Pretty sure Kesler makes $5M and Bieksa around $ 4M a season or something like that.

Kadri ++ for Kesler wouldn't be bad. Only thing that would scare me is Kesler seems pretty injury prone. Other then that I love him.

Dreger said yesterday that the Leafs are getting tons of calls on Kulemin. He said they could trade him now if they wanted to.

^ that, to me, affirms my belief that we should re-sign him not trade him. I'd love to see Kulemin and Komarov on Bolland's wing next season!!

JvR - Bozak - Kessel
    Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
    Komarov - Bolland - Kulemin
    D'Amigo/Ashton - Holland - Bodie/Ashton

Phaneuf - Gunnarson
    Rielly - Gleason
    Gardiner - Percy/MacWilliams

Typing that up makes me wonder if the guy to trade along with Franson might be Gunarrson - he plays great but I see Rielly moving up to the first pairing sooner rather than later. That said, Gunnar can slide down easily and his contract will start looking cheap in a year or two. (I just think some of the kids on the Marlies are going to push sooner rather than later so being proactive might not be the worst idea in the offseason)
    Last edited by b_illin; 02-27-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Bozak is not going anywhere B

Rando trade idea -> Lupul + Franson + prospect/pick for St. Louis + Hedman

St. Louis is 38 years old. No thanks. Not for those players.

Also St. Louis has said he will only take a trade to the Rangers.

St. Louis is 38 years old. No thanks. Not for those players.

Also St. Louis has said he will only take a trade to the Rangers.
    I wonder why he would want to go there. Does he know Tortorella no longer coaches in New York or maybe he wants to team up with his buddy Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    I wonder why he would want to go there.
    Same reason a dog licks his balls.

I dont think the whole story is true but we will see.

Kessel is now tied with Malkin for the most points in the NHL since 2011-'12 season. They both have 203 points in that time.

If the Leafs are going to make any trades at the deadline I hope it's for another shut down D-man. Another Gleason type.

Senior Member All-Star Rocklobster's Avatar
    Jake Gardiner needs to go. He's useless

He has been bad these last few games I agree. He's never been great in his own end. They can't keep playing him if he's going to keep turning the puck over like he does in his own end a lot.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    I wouldn't hesitate to move Lupul, Gardiner, Kadri, Raymond, Kulemin, or Clarkson at the deadline or the draft. The Leafs are in a scary position right now of locking in a core that hasn't done much, similar to what happened a few years back when they had Stajan, Kaberle, Steen, McCabe, etc.

Very one-dimensional team who has one line that does literally all of the scoring.

I'm fine with every name on that list but with Kadri it really needs to be a good deal to trade him. Same for Lupul but not as much. Kadri is still so young, he could become a star.

Kessel is now tied with Malkin for the most points in the NHL since 2011-'12 season. They both have 203 points in that time.
    Some might say it's still too early to tell but I think we can safely say that most of us were wrong and the Kessel trade was a good one by Burke.
    “They don’t hang Conference Championship banners from the rafters here” - Carey Price

10 team contract keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG HITS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

C - Galchenyuk, Krejci, McDavid, Bjugstad, Lindberg
    LW - Parise, Hall, Landeskog, E Kane
    RW -
    Giroux, MacKinnon, Okposo, Semin, Nyquist
    D - Leddy, Maatta, Stralman, Myers, Jones, Hamonic
    G - Rinne, Quick, Dubnyk
    IR - Bogosian

Farm:
    F - Girgensens, Matteau, Boucher, Mantha, C Brown, delaRose, Scherbak, Hayes, Barkov
    D - Beaulieu, Provorov, C. Miller
    G - Hellberg, M.McDonald, Samsonov

For the record I was one of the few who always loved the Kessel trade from day 1.

McLaren is on waivers. Making room for Bolland it would seem.
    Last edited by two24four; 03-03-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Burke has made a ton of good moves...and I don't think he gets enough credit for that frankly! I was very much against that Kessel trade...and I am still not 100% sure we are better off frankly (we won't know for sure until Seguin + Hamilton + Knight are all 25+) but I will say that I am WAY happier a few years later than I was back then! (it would be interesting to see where the Leafs would be in an alternate dimension where we drafted Seguin, Hamilton, etc)

I'm with Conor for the most part. The only guys I would not trade are Kessel & Rielly, otherwise anyone is game. That said, it would have to be a KILLER offer in order to get Phaneuf, JvR, Kadri, etc. (think Malkin or Weber type of of acquisition)

PS: I think it has to be Reim-time tonight - Bernier has looked pretty ordinary since the break and I am still far from sold him as the solution going forward. He is more consistent than Reimer but he also doesn't win many games on his own the way Reimer has in the past...or at least that's how it appears to these eyes

Thread Information