Page 337 of 487 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387437 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,110 of 14588
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I'd go after vokoun myself...especially at the prices I am seeing for luongo. Schenn + the 5th - FUCK THAT!
    Agreed. This team has got to stop picking up players who are past their prime and thinking about the future, no matter how long it takes. I think Burke is feeling the heat to perform this year and that may cloud his judgement on some of the deals he may make this offseason.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Yeah Burke will be doing everything he can to get them in the playoffs, and getting Luongo in his eyes is the right move. They don't make the playoffs next season Burke knows he's pretty much gonzo.

If this deal does go down, I hope they can get VAN to throw in prospect Nic Jensen.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Yeah Burke will be doing everything he can to get them in the playoffs, and getting Luongo in his eyes is the right move. They don't make the playoffs next season Burke knows he's pretty much gonzo.

If this deal does go down, I hope they can get VAN to throw in prospect Nic Jensen.
    I thought Kassian would have been your hopeful target.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    I thought Kassian would have been your hopeful target.
    Haha, doubt they trade him.

I'd go after vokoun myself...especially at the prices I am seeing for luongo. Schenn + the 5th - FUCK THAT!
    Vokoun's rights were just traded to the Pens. McKenzie thinks he must have a deal done already with them.

Edit: he signed for two years with the Pens.

Also see Dallas Eakins signed a new three year deal with the Marlies. That is awesome.
    Last edited by two24four; 06-04-2012 at 11:02 AM.

I'll wait til the deal gets done (which I REALLY hope never happens), but I simply don't understand why Luongo is supposedly going to net the return that has been suggested. There are very few teams that might be open to dealing for Luongo. There are even less teams that would be interested in taking on the contract. The dude netted FLA Bertuzzi, Auld, Allen, Krajicek and a 6th round pick in 2006. That was when he was in his prime at 27 (not 33) and when he didn't have one of the uglier contracts in the league. So, how is he supposedly worth so much now? Is this because the Leafs 'need him so bad' or the illusion of such? Give me a break....hopefully Burke is smarter than that.

I'll keep taking our lumps without a proven goalie before I start dealing Schenn, Gardiner and/or the 5th overall pick for a past-his-prime goalie that is still very good granted, but who has the kind of contract that, imo, severely limits his value to other teams. I say let VAN sweat it out a bit...let's see if there is another team that will make such a grandiose deal for Luongo. My guess is no. Then we can see what VAN wants for him when they get closer to July 1 and they want to buy some UFA's and could use the cap space. Or wait til Schneider signs and they have $10mm+ locked up in 2 goalies. Or better yet, wait til the season starts (if it starts) and see how long VAN can deal with the drama of having both goalies.

(but my fear is that Burke will do something to save his ass...which is the worst thing for the team imo...hopefully ownership keeps him reigned in)

Edit: all it took for Vokoun was a 7th rounder and then signing him to a $4mm deal over 2 yrs. Shame Burke!!
    Last edited by b_illin; 06-04-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Samurai Stickhandler All-Star toronto1979's Avatar
    Edit: all it took for Vokoun was a 7th rounder and then signing him to a $4mm deal over 2 yrs. Shame Burke!!
    I suspect Vokoun wanted to sign with a contender. Leafs would've never been in the picture for him. Burke takes no blame for missing out on him.

Vokoun took less to play for Washington, and did the same for Pittsburgh. He made his millions with Nashville and Florida. Now he's playing to win.
    12 Team Keep-10 League - Silver

16 Team All Categories - 5th

18 Team Office Pool - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by toronto1979 View Post
    I suspect Vokoun wanted to sign with a contender. Leafs would've never been in the picture for him. Burke takes no blame for missing out on him.

Vokoun took less to play for Washington, and did the same for Pittsburgh. He made his millions with Nashville and Florida. Now he's playing to win.
    on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by toronto1979 View Post

He signed with Washington for less because he missed the boat on the big goalie signings last year and no one wanted to give him a big contract at that point. Not as much to do wanting to win as you might think. I remember reading an interview where he stated the contract with Washington was obviously not ideal for him.

Not sure why he signed with the Pens. I can't imagine he can outplay Fleury at this point in his career.
    Curse of the Hamster

Iam pretty sure Vokoun called the Leafs last season telling them he would sign with them if they wanted but they said no thaanks. Remeber hearing something about that after.

Elixir of the Mongoose First Liner Dexter's Avatar
    Perhaps we should send an offer sheet to Rask?

Yahoo! Hockey 12-Team H2H Auction League 7:4 (G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, GWG, W, SV%, GAA, SO)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 3BN, 1IR
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samurai Stickhandler All-Star toronto1979's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    12 Team Keep-10 League - Silver

16 Team All Categories - 5th

18 Team Office Pool - Gold

Senior Member First Liner Tormy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    How about we bring Raycroft back and send him back to Boston for Rask.

Whoa, Tormy's alive!!

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...loss-in-game-3

I watched this game. Marlies didn't deserve the win but the winning goal was total bullshit.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...loss-in-game-3

I watched this game. Marlies didn't deserve the win but the winning goal was total bullshit.
    The AHL has already said the wrong call was made and the goal should have been waived off due to the offside. Can't change a final result, though.
    Curse of the Hamster

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    The AHL has already said the wrong call was made and the goal should have been waived off due to the offside. Can't change a final result, though.
    Well, that's some serious bullshit and makes the Calder Cup Finals looks pretty bush league.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/articles...lex-galchenyuk

I don't see how they have the assets to move up and grab both these guys. Do they plan on trading for the 1st pick while hanging onto the 5th and getting Gally then? If so they'll be disappointed.....if Columbus doesn't take Gally the Habs will. He was impressive at the recent combine.
    “They don’t hang Conference Championship banners from the rafters here” - Carey Price

10 team contract keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG HITS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

C - Galchenyuk, Krejci, McDavid, Bjugstad, Lindberg
    LW - Parise, Hall, Landeskog, E Kane
    RW -
    Giroux, MacKinnon, Okposo, Semin, Nyquist
    D - Leddy, Maatta, Stralman, Myers, Jones, Hamonic
    G - Rinne, Quick, Dubnyk
    IR - Bogosian

Farm:
    F - Girgensens, Matteau, Boucher, Mantha, C Brown, delaRose, Scherbak, Hayes, Barkov
    D - Beaulieu, Provorov, C. Miller
    G - Hellberg, M.McDonald, Samsonov

^ intriguing!

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Won't happen, unless Schenn + for the Oilers pick and the Leafs keep their 5th.

Senior Member First Liner
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Won't happen, unless Schenn + for the Oilers pick and the Leafs keep their 5th.
    That would have to be a pretty big + to get Yakupov. I would think Gardiner would have to be involved + extra.
    Last edited by habsfan1; 06-08-2012 at 12:15 PM.

^ I would think it'd be Schenn or Gardiner in that scenario with a boatload of other players/prospects. Maybe Gunnar for one and then perhaps a Kadri/Colbourne and/or Biggs/Ross/Percy/Blacker/etc.

I do like the 'go big' idea I must admit!! (me, as we all know, I'd try to trade Kessel to CLB instead of dealing with EDM...I think EDM would want our 5th if we traded with them)

So many rumors around the Leafs right now, I don't know what to believe and what not to believe.

So many rumors around the Leafs right now, I don't know what to believe and what not to believe.

What else are you seeing? You know we all love to read about this shit whether the rumoured deals are likely/unlikely!!

(also, I finally remembered my twitter password so I'm back on twitter - who are some good hockey guys to follow for trade rumours, etc.? I have McKenzie, Kypreos, Dreger, Duthie already)

Is Burke getting canned.....is Burke just going to be the VP with Nonis taking over as GM....Luongo coming to Toronto....now this rumour above.

For twitter, Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek are good follows. For Leafs fans Paul Hendrick and David Alter from the Fan are good. If you are into prospects and such follow Craig Button. Doug MacLean is on twitter, but he does not tweet alot.

Dammit guys! I get excited every time I see a new post in this thread, especially if two24four is involved because he's usually putting out facts, not rumours. No more conversing two24four Although I like the article with regards to the drafting of those 2. That'd be huge and something Burke needs if he wants to stick around. But at what price?

Report today saying the Leafs are shoppping Schenn to the Oilers and they would swap 1st round picks. Leafs then can draft Yakupov and the Oilers can still get another d-man at 5th.

Think Friedman first reported this.

I say giddy up.

Report today saying the Leafs are shoppping Schenn to the Oilers and they would swap 1st round picks. Leafs then can draft Yakupov and the Oilers can still get another d-man at 5th.

Think Friedman first reported this.

I say giddy up.
    Me too...don't want to lost Schenn but in this sort of deal I would be fine with it.

Would Nail fit well with Grabs?

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    The bad part about picking 1st overall is that the expectation now is that if you draft 1st overall, you're drafting a player who will be in the NHL the following season. The politics surrounding that pick make it almost impossible to send the player back down to junior, which might not be best for the Leafs/Yakupov.

Yakupov is ready for the NHL no matter who takes him.

Thread Information