Page 3 of 485 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Antropov, while still injury prone, has bulked up a lot over the last couple years which should help be more durable. You never know with that guy, but I like him and support him...I just wish he'd park it in front the target more often.
    Last edited by b_illin; 10-22-2007 at 11:20 AM.

THE authority All-Star
    More importantly, Antropov is taking a lot less of those "hooking" calls in the opponents' zone. He's still getting PIM's, but they seem a lot less stupid. The Leafs as a whole are still taking way too many penalties, especially hooking.....

I am a steamroller of truth, paving the highway to the future, expect delays!

Here is the plate of truth you ordered. Be careful, it's HOT!

You might want to add water......this is some concentrated truth.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkeysersoze View Post
    More importantly, Antropov is taking a lot less of those "hooking" calls in the opponents' zone. He's still getting PIM's, but they seem a lot less stupid. The Leafs as a whole are still taking way too many penalties, especially hooking.....
    He's also putting that big frame of his too more use now.

I'll probably always be hard on Antripov becasue the majority of the time I've watched him he just seemed to struggle to do anything good. But he really is having a great start and is being a big part of any success the team is having. I hope it continues, aside from Sundin & Wellwood there hasn't really been a Toronto forward I really enjoy watching. I'll be watching Antripov tomorrow and hoping for another big game.

I really like Toronto this year. Sundin always, Wellwood back soon enough, Kaberle always, Toskala, Blakes battle with cancer, seeing if their own zone coverage improves. There is a lot going on.
    Last edited by fuji9991; 10-19-2007 at 06:13 PM.

14 Team H2H | G,A,+/-,PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG | W, SV, SV%, GGA, SO | 2C 2R 2L 1Util 3D 2G (3 min starts)
    C = Gomez, Sakic, Bergeron, Fedorov | LW = Heatley, Smyth, Bertuzzi,Stillman | RW = Selanne, Cheechoo, HavSplat
    D = Timonen,
    Rozsival | Goalies = Brodeur, Toskala, | IR = Gonchar, Leclaire

THE authority All-Star
    In Antropov's defense, this isn't exclusive to this year. He missed like half the season last year and still put up 18 goals. He has demonstrated a good touch for the last two years, but his injuries bring his numbers down. My biggest complaint with the guy was the stupid penalties, so I'm loving the new Antropov, and let's hope the new size helps him stay healthy!

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Weird......The Leafs to face 5th back-up in a row?
    Maybe this is why Antropov is lighting it up I'm joking of course...
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    Ugh, Leafs just suck this year. They need to stop getting the lead before the 3rd period so they have a chance to win.

THE authority All-Star
    We just need to petition the NHL to make all games only 2 periods long

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Yay Tucker is out. Useless waste of cap money.

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Yay Tucker is out. Useless waste of cap money.
    This comment seems a little bit rash. Tucker shouldn't be on the 3rd line and I am sure when he is back, he will better than he has been so far.

So is Stajan a better "real life" player than wellwood then? I just wonder how he will do with Wellwood around.

I think once Wellwood is back he will see more ice time, Wellwood is a playmaker they need out there right now, Wellwood is one of those guys who could stick handle in a phone booth.

Senior Member Second Liner pearljam's Avatar
    Hal Gill scores?... a SHG? what just happend in the ATL game? Gill is playing the PK and being more than just effective... if Kubina and McCabe could learn to play like that then maybe we'd be in business.
    Team 1
    Keeper 9 team - keep 6 max 1 G
    C,C,RW,RW,LW,LW,F,D,D,D,D,D,G,G,UTIL
    Cats: G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, PIM, +/-, W, GAA, SV%, SO

KEEPERS

C: Malkin, Toews, Turris
    RW: Hossa, Kovalev, Cheechoo, Afinogenov
    LW: Tanguay, Elias, Cammaleri, Michalek, Carcillo
    D: Campbell, Pitkanen, Keith, Blake, J. Johnson
    G: Lundy, Theo, Gerber

Team 2
    12 team roto
    C,C,RW,LW,W,UTIL,UTIL,D,D,D,D,G,G,
    Cats: G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, PIM, +/-, W, GAA, SV%, SO

C: Lecavalier, Marleau
    RW: St. Louis, Selanne, Hudler
    LW: Heatley, Michalek, Versteeg,
    D: Niedermeyer, Jovo, Redden, Barker, Quincey
    G: Lundy, Lehtonen, Khabi, Budaj, Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by pearljam View Post
    Hal Gill scores?... a SHG? what just happend in the ATL game? Gill is playing the PK and being more than just effective... if Kubina and McCabe could learn to play like that then maybe we'd be in business.
    That wasn't SH..? Weak effort at the save by Hedberg.

Tucker is a waste of the 3 million he's being paid. You could get 2 or 3 solid younger players in for that much.

THE authority All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by projectreturns View Post
    So is Stajan a better "real life" player than wellwood then? I just wonder how he will do with Wellwood around.
    Wellwood will definately centre the second line when he returns. Stajan may even be doing really well and may get a couple of looks, but my money is on Wellwood centring the second line. Stajan will see less ice time, but it doesn't mean he still hasn't improved compared to last year. I think his production drops when Wellwood returns for sure, but he has improved, so someone to keep an eye on.

Line Combo Guru All-Star nyrblue2's Avatar
    Another high-scoring game with the Leafs. How did Toskala play? More of the same - good outing, but no D-help?

Quote Originally Posted by nyrblue2 View Post
    Another high-scoring game with the Leafs. How did Toskala play? More of the same - good outing, but no D-help?
    Toskala was a great in net, if not for him ATL could have won 7-4 or something like that, he robbed Hossa with a quick glove save, which looked like a sure goal.

They are saying McCabe is probable for tomorrow's game vs the Pens, they have called up Kronwall just in case McCabe cant go, I see they have also called up Jiri Tlusty at forward, I think Tlusty is good enough to be on the team now, kid is fast and has tons of skill.

Senior Member Second Liner
    Anybody expecting the Leafs to be murdered tonight? Its going to be Fleury in net tonight, no backup that we can easily score on.

Will be nice to see Tlusty in the lineup and I hope McCabe sites and Kronwall gets a shot at it, we can't have McCabe taking stupid penalties of hooking since he can't skate with the youngin's.

Line Combo Guru All-Star nyrblue2's Avatar
    Who took Tucker's spot on the PP when he got hurt?

I would love for Toronto to light up Pit tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by McKinley View Post
    Anybody expecting the Leafs to be murdered tonight? Its going to be Fleury in net tonight, no backup that we can easily score on.

Will be nice to see Tlusty in the lineup and I hope McCabe sites and Kronwall gets a shot at it, we can't have McCabe taking stupid penalties of hooking since he can't skate with the youngin's.
    leafs are screwed tonight, their d is just too damn slow. especially if pitt goes with that recchi - crosby - malkin line they are talking about... look out.

that being said, the leafs are one of my favorite teams to watch. i especially like watching tucker attempt to check ppl and then fall on his ass.
    "On your BEST day, you're not as smart as I am, on my WORST day." -Judge Judy-

Quote Originally Posted by eykwingnut View Post
    leafs are screwed tonight, their d is just too damn slow. especially if pitt goes with that recchi - crosby - malkin line they are talking about... look out.

that being said, the leafs are one of my favorite teams to watch. i especially like watching tucker attempt to check ppl and then fall on his ass.
    Good Call

Great game by the Leafs tonight, Tlusty looks awesome, he was all over the place tonight, he's fast, always making hits, and he's young, he's just what the Leafs need, two goals in his 1st ever NHL game as well, the 2nd one was a nice goal.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Good Call

Great game by the Leafs tonight, Tlusty looks awesome, he was all over the place tonight, he's fast, always making hits, and he's young, he's just what the Leafs need, two goals in his 1st ever NHL game as well, the 2nd one was a nice goal.
    hindsights 20/20 eh?
    "On your BEST day, you're not as smart as I am, on my WORST day." -Judge Judy-

Senior Member All-Star
    now we just need to put back to back wins together...get the ball rolling

Well...I heard talk of firing PM on these boards and hushed my response till I seen this thread......Who the HELL you gonna get to take that job? Is my question...Naysayers need to pony up a response before calling for the old Guillotine

Decent game all around......lets hope for a string of 'em Leafers

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Well...I heard talk of firing PM on these boards and hushed my response till I seen this thread......Who the HELL you gonna get to take that job? Is my question...Naysayers need to pony up a response before calling for the old Guillotine

I think most Leaf fans actually like Maurice as coach. It's just one of those inevitabilities in professional sports; when the team is losing the coach is gone.

Nice game last night, especially like Tlusty. I was a big fan of his throughout the preseason and thought him and Gamache deserved to make the opening game roster. Now they're both up and playing really well.

OK

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    I think most Leaf fans actually like Maurice as coach. It's just one of those inevitabilities in professional sports; when the team is losing the coach is gone.

Nice game last night, especially like Tlusty. I was a big fan of his throughout the preseason and thought him and Gamache deserved to make the opening game roster. Now they're both up and playing really well.
    Yeah I also thought both Tlusty and Gamache should have made it right out of camp, both had really good camps.

Senior Member Third Liner Monan's Avatar

Weren't the leafs org talking to Muckler for awhile? What about Quinn as GM?

Quote Originally Posted by Monan View Post
    Weren't the leafs org talking to Muckler for awhile? What about Quinn as GM?
    They were as an advisor to JFJ. And with regard to Quinn...No.

Thread Information