G - A - P - +/- - PIM - PPP - GWG - SOG - FW - W - GAA - SV - SV% - SO

C: Jokinen, E. Staal, M. Richards, Gomez
    LW: Ovechkin, Semin
    RW: Gionta, Radulov, Afinogenov
    D: Rafalski, Timonen, Schneider, Niedermayer
    G: Kiprusoff, Nabokov, Gerber, Lehtonen
    IR: Gagne

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Leafs played pretty well in this game, if you take away there play in there own end, if they did not suck so bad in there own end they win this game easy.

Poor Raycroft, stood on his fucking head all game and still get's the loss, this loss was not his fault at all, they really need to work on playing in there own end, what a joke it is.

They also said during the game tonight the reason Miller did not start was cause his 18 year old cousin who he was close with just died, they said Miller had a really busy day yesterday which is why they gave him the night off, good reason if you ask me, give him credit for just being dressed even.

THE authority All-Star
    sorry 24, I have to disagree. They did NOT play well. First off, what the hell was McCabe doing killing a penalty that close to the end of the game.....I was watching and made that comment about 24 seconds before the goal.

Secondly, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE giveaways, one after the other.

Thirdly, how many times a game can you leave a guy standing completely alone in front of the goal???? Horrible.

The only good players tonight were Antropov, Kilger, and Raycroft. Speaking of Antropov, that was one of the horse-shittiest calls I've ever seen with under 2 minutes to go. Wrapped the overtime up for the Sabres, that's for sure.

And was it just me, or did it look like that last puck might not have even crossed the line? The replays weren't very good and I didn't get a good look, but I was too busy crying anyway

I am a steamroller of truth, paving the highway to the future, expect delays!

Here is the plate of truth you ordered. Be careful, it's HOT!

You might want to add water......this is some concentrated truth.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkeysersoze View Post
    sorry 24, I have to disagree. They did NOT play well. First off, what the hell was McCabe doing killing a penalty that close to the end of the game.....I was watching and made that comment about 24 seconds before the goal.

Secondly, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE giveaways, one after the other.

Thirdly, how many times a game can you leave a guy standing completely alone in front of the goal???? Horrible.

The only good players tonight were Antropov, Kilger, and Raycroft. Speaking of Antropov, that was one of the horse-shittiest calls I've ever seen with under 2 minutes to go. Wrapped the overtime up for the Sabres, that's for sure.

And was it just me, or did it look like that last puck might not have even crossed the line? The replays weren't very good and I didn't get a good look, but I was too busy crying anyway
    The looked pretty good for part of the game IMO, they played pretty well in the Sabres end, they never looked good in there own end at all, unless it was Raycroft, for the most part it was shit though.

I thought Stajan had a good game tonight as well as Pohl and Gamache to go along with the guys you named as well.
    Last edited by two24four; 10-15-2007 at 09:10 PM.

Senior Member Second Liner tfaz07's Avatar
    That Antropov call was a little iffy for being so late in the game. But i give Raycroft a lot of credit for his good game. I was impressed, he clearly kept us in it
    Team 1: 10 Team H2H
    G - A - P - +/- - PIM - SOG - SH% - FW - W - L - GAA - SV - SV% - SO

C: Sundin, B. Richards, Kopitar
    LW: Kovalchuk, Elias(C), Gagne
    RW: Iginla, Alfredsson, Havlat, Radulov
    D: Whitney, Phaneuf, Timonen, Niedermayer
    G: Brodeur, Luongo, Toskala

Team 2: 10 Team H2H

MalkovichMalkovichMalk... All-Star Andrew1125's Avatar
    I'd argue that Gill actually pulled his weight tonight too. Kubina and McCabe were noticeably horrible, Sundin and Blake weren't very helpful in their own end either, and it only takes a couple of guys to ruin it for all of them. The Leafs actually had a lot of lucky breaks earlier (how many times did that puck hit the Leafs' posts?).

All in all, not a bad game. The defence was very bad, inexcusable. But in the other end they were doing everything right. Something seriously has to be done with McCabe. I say they should just try him out as a wing or something for the hell of it, let him play the point on the PP and give him no defensive responsibilities. Or better yet trade him if any team would go for him.

LOL i can see it now:
    Blake - Sundin - McCabe

I project 125 combined goals

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1125 View Post
    I'd argue that Gill actually pulled his weight tonight too. Kubina and McCabe were noticeably horrible, Sundin and Blake weren't very helpful in their own end either, and it only takes a couple of guys to ruin it for all of them. The Leafs actually had a lot of lucky breaks earlier (how many times did that puck hit the Leafs' posts?).

All in all, not a bad game. The defence was very bad, inexcusable. But in the other end they were doing everything right. Something seriously has to be done with McCabe. I say they should just try him out as a wing or something for the hell of it, let him play the point on the PP and give him no defensive responsibilities. Or better yet trade him if any team would go for him.
    I have thought of that before, you never know, he might do good up on the wing, he's a big guy who could drive hard too the net, then they could bring up Harrison or someone from the farm to take his spot on D, and like you said, just move him back for the PP.

Senior Member All-Star
    4 goals in 8:25 basically sums up this game. How the leafs manage to blow so many leads beats me.

I don't understand how the leafs can be so bad in the 3rd period. Is it bad conditioning or do they just choke? It seems they lose the lead too much. That 5-4 loss to Buffalo last year still haunts me

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Wow...I heard something to the fact that McCabe was whining about the BOO's. Then he shoots on Rayzor at the end of regulation and AGAIN with a tick on the clock for GWG?
    Thats what it looked like to me. I'm sure Rayzor would like to "take him out for a beer".

I didnt see the puck in either Tink?...But of course you have to think they got it right being a point blank slapper and all
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by szuturon View Post
    We're bribing the opposing teams every night.

"We'll give Mccabe more icetime if you start your backup goalie"
    Wiseguy.....Do tell
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

THE authority All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Wow...I heard something to the fact that McCabe was whining about the BOO's. Then he shoots on Rayzor at the end of regulation and AGAIN with a tick on the clock for GWG?
    Thats what it looked like to me. I'm sure Rayzor would like to "take him out for a beer".

I didnt see the puck in either Tink?...But of course you have to think they got it right being a point blank slapper and all
    Yeah, I saw McCabe shoot on him twice last night too, one at the end of reg, and then the game winner.

And as for whoever said to trade him, he has a no trade clause.......I say send him to the freaking marlies until he learns how to defend. Carlo will be back soon, and Harrison will do better than McCabe, hell, so could Belak.

Senior Member All-Star
    The Leafs can't even send McCabe to the minors. The genious JFJ gave him a 'no movement' clause, meaning he's in the NHL for good.

Winter is coming. All-Star szuturon's Avatar
    Well if I was right about these bribings then Buffalo was paid off well with Mccabe's game losing goal.

HI12 Keeper League - Year 1 - Keep 12 + Farm 7
    12 teams H2H -
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SOG, GWG : W, GAA, SV%, SHO

*Drafted* *Keepers* *Trade* *FA* *IR*

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one. - Jojen Reed (A Song of Ice and Fire: A Dance With Dragons)

"There has never been a slave who did not choose to be a slave... Their choice may be between bondage and death, but the choice is always there." - Tyrion Lannister (A Song of Ice and Fire: A Dance With Dragons)

Put MacCabe in goal for a game so he gets a clue why defense is important.

14 Team H2H | G,A,+/-,PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG | W, SV, SV%, GGA, SO | 2C 2R 2L 1Util 3D 2G (3 min starts)
    C = Gomez, Sakic, Bergeron, Fedorov | LW = Heatley, Smyth, Bertuzzi,Stillman | RW = Selanne, Cheechoo, HavSplat
    D = Timonen,
    Rozsival | Goalies = Brodeur, Toskala, | IR = Gonchar, Leclaire

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    The Leafs can't even send McCabe to the minors. The genious JFJ gave him a 'no movement' clause, meaning he's in the NHL for good.
    This is true, they cant trade him or send him down, they are stuck with him.

One guy they can send down to the minors or trade is Kubina, sometimes he can look just as bad as McCabe in his own end, Bill Watters has been saying for about a year now that they need to send Kubina down too open up some Cap room.

Now I'm not saying Kubina is always as bad as McCabe, just sometimes, we need more shut down D-Man right now.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    I bet the leafs wish they had Markov about now.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    I bet the leafs wish they had Markov about now.
    Jason Smith more for me, man what a bad trade that was.

Banned All-Star
    How many more shitty investments does JF Jr have to make before they fire this guy??? Kubina... bust, McCabe.... bust, Toskala to date..... bust, Raycroft... bust.

Just to clarify, when I say bust it doesn't mean they are shit, just that they aren't earning the dollar they signed for.

Quote Originally Posted by WinnipegWingnut View Post
    How many more shitty investments does JF Jr have to make before they fire this guy??? Kubina... bust, McCabe.... bust, Toskala to date..... bust, Raycroft... bust.

Just to clarify, when I say bust it doesn't mean they are shit, just that they aren't earning the dollar they signed for.
    Raycroft and Toskala are not bust. You'd need Luongo in there to win with this defense.

14 Team H2H | G,A,+/-,PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG | W, SV, SV%, GGA, SO | 2C 2R 2L 1Util 3D 2G (3 min starts)
    C = Gomez, Sakic, Bergeron, Fedorov | LW = Heatley, Smyth, Bertuzzi,Stillman | RW = Selanne, Cheechoo, HavSplat
    D = Timonen,
    Rozsival | Goalies = Brodeur, Toskala, | IR = Gonchar, Leclaire

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    This is true, they cant trade him or send him down, they are stuck with him.

One guy they can send down to the minors or trade is Kubina, sometimes he can look just as bad as McCabe in his own end, Bill Watters has been saying for about a year now that they need to send Kubina down too open up some Cap room.

Now I'm not saying Kubina is always as bad as McCabe, just sometimes, we need more shut down D-Man right now.
    As a Leaf fan, sometimes its hard to watch when Kubina is on the ice. The weird thing was that Maurice was punishing McCabe's bad play by utilizing Kubina on the power play.

Its going to be a long year.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Kubina is a solid player and if McCabe were gone, he would look much better and his salary wouldn't seem so high (although he shouldn't have gotten anymore than the $4.25mm that Kaberle got).

McCabe is the problem. Get rid of him, slide Harrison or Kronwall in as defensive dmen and I think we'd be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by fuji9991 View Post
    Raycroft and Toskala are not bust. You'd need Luongo in there to win with this defense.
    I agree Raycroft is not a bust, and it's WAY to early to say Toskala is, I dont think he will be, it's deff not there fault most of the time.

The goalie's are not the prob on this team, it's the way the rest of the team plays in front of them that's the prob.

Toronto is home of the FA sleeper for fantasy circles. How can they keep this up?

Antropov, Stajan, Gamache. Who is going to stick and become a star?

Goonie Goo... First Liner Mystical112's Avatar
    Toronto has been horrible on defence always...
    that's why our goalies shine or are hung out to dry... the latter is more often...
    i hope they can pull it together...
    ________
    KTM 450EXC
    Last edited by Mystical112; 01-26-2011 at 01:17 PM.

THE authority All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by projectreturns View Post
    Toronto is home of the FA sleeper for fantasy circles. How can they keep this up?

Antropov, Stajan, Gamache. Who is going to stick and become a star?
    I can tell you right now that Antropov and Stajan aren't going anywhere, and so far Gamache has looked good, but he's been filling in for Ponikarovsky. Antropov has been getting better every year, I would look to him to keep doing well........until he gets injured. The guy is made of glass.

I would LOVE it if Stajan could keep this pace up, he's our penalty killer and right now lighting it up too, you would love to have him on your real team, trust me.

Kubina was a mistake from the beginning, but what can we do? No one will take a $5 million defenseman who is underperforming, and nobody in the farm is any better.....

And Toskala is certainly NOT a bust. He has actually played really well, but even Brodeur would have let in a majority of the goals that have been scored against Toskala.

Senior Member All-Star
    Weird fact: Toronto will be facing a back up goalie for the 3rd straight game.
    Vokoun is hurt. Toronto will be facing a back up for the 4th straight game tonight.

Stajan has always had it in him to put up some good numbers, when he was a Jr in Belleville he was always near the top of the league in Pts, but when he came to Toronto they did not have room for him in there top 6, or sometimes even top 9 forwards so he became more of a two way player, well now he has the chance to put up some good numbers in the NHL and is doing so.

Vokoun is hurt. Toronto will be facing a back up for the 4th straight game tonight.
    FLA better hope he's not out for long, I watched the game they played vs the Habs the other night and if not for Vokoun they dont have a chance to come back and win that game like they did.

Thread Information