Page 486 of 486 FirstFirst ... 386436476484485486
Results 14,551 to 14,564 of 14564
    I'd forgotten my password but remembered and now I am back - I can clearly see that I missed a lot!!

I'm kinda not too upset with Willie's slow(er) start (than expected) - hopefully this might mean we can sign him for a similar amount as Ehlers signed for (think $6-7mm AAV). Wishful thinking on my part?

I'm loving Rielly's game this year. I'm thinking they should think about dealing Gardiner for a dman upgrade...wonder how much we'd have to add to him to take a run at Doughty? (he and Gardiner's contracts run til the end of next season)

Never thought I'd say this, but Matthews might be as valuable (see, I didn't say "as good") as McDavid. Can't believe he's only 20...kid has some serious poise and maturity!

I like Carrick so hopefully Polak isn't back regularly.

Um, what else? Wonder if they trade any of Bozak, JvR and Komorov. Leo is still good but not at all what he was last year. I think they can afford to lose him. Probably the same with JvR though I'd love to find a way to keep him around...just not sure they can afford him at ~$6mm/yr with the big contracts that are a coming for Matthews/Nylander/Marner. I also think his role would significantly diminish within 2 years so I'm not sure re-signing him would be worth it. I keep reading about how they don't have the centre depth to let Bozak go (through trade this season or as a UFA in the Summer) but I'd take that chance personally.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I'd forgotten my password but remembered and now I am back - I can clearly see that I missed a lot!!
    I'm in awe too where's two24four, did he forget his password too?
    I'm kinda not too upset with Willie's slow(er) start (than expected) - hopefully this might mean we can sign him for a similar amount as Ehlers signed for (think $6-7mm AAV). Wishful thinking on my part?
    As long as it doesn't hinder the team, this is very good as I'm confident they won't go too high. Nylander's pts/gm is now lower than Ehlers so if he keeps this up then he could stand to make LESS.[/quote]

I'm loving Rielly's game this year. I'm thinking they should think about dealing Gardiner for a dman upgrade...wonder how much we'd have to add to him to take a run at Doughty? (he and Gardiner's contracts run til the end of next season)

Never thought I'd say this, but Matthews might be as valuable (see, I didn't say "as good") as McDavid. Can't believe he's only 20...kid has some serious poise and maturity!

I like Carrick so hopefully Polak isn't back regularly.

Um, what else? Wonder if they trade any of Bozak, JvR and Komorov. Leo is still good but not at all what he was last year. I think they can afford to lose him. Probably the same with JvR though I'd love to find a way to keep him around...just not sure they can afford him at ~$6mm/yr with the big contracts that are a coming for Matthews/Nylander/Marner. I also think his role would significantly diminish within 2 years so I'm not sure re-signing him would be worth it. I keep reading about how they don't have the centre depth to let Bozak go (through trade this season or as a UFA in the Summer) but I'd take that chance personally.
    Leo hasn't been the same since his concussion. Also, I wouldn't mind signing JVR for a couple years. He's a big body that'd be hard to replace in front of the net. Again, if Nylander shits the bed we could afford JVR for a couple more.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I check in from time to time. I didn't want to write anything as it seems this place is a ghost town now lately.

JVR is on record as saying he loves Toronto and would love to be a part of the Maple Leafs going forward. Maybe he'd be willing to give a bit of a hometown discount. He's younger than both Leo and Bozak and a goal scorer with size. He's got amazing hands in close to the net as well. He'd be who I would want to keep out of the three. Bozak was so good last season but he hasn't looked great this season at all. As Jeff O'Neill said a few weeks ago it's hard to tell if he's playing through something or if he just got old over the offseason.

I'm not worried about Nylander or Marner. This happens a lot the second season in the league. (Dylan Larkin last season) Marner could have had three goals vs Calgary the other night if not for Smith.

Matthews is a beast, I really don't think he's playing at 100% though. I was at the game a few weeks ago vs ARI, he was very sluggish. Then after Domi hit him (which was odd seeing him get hit) he was very slow getting up and getting back to the bench. Hopefully it's just something he can play through and gets better with time.

Kadri and Andersen have been fantastic. A lot of people said Kadri wouldn't have the same season he did last season yet here is tied for 12th in the league in goals. Well on his way to 30 again.
    Last edited by two24four; 11-30-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    JVR is poised to sign too long of a term imo They need a few veteran forwards that bang bodies/shut shit down imo They just seem soft on some nights. Brown is really playing well, love him and Hyman together. Not sure mathews should be the third guy tho

Bring on McDavid and that Goalie that aint ready for this tonight lol GO LEAFS GO
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

That was an entertaining game last night. Great 1st, sloppy 2nd but I'll take the own goal for the win!

Do you guys think Lou stays as GM past this season? I could see a 1-yr extension than have him an advisory role, but who knows, he certainly doesn't seem as old as his years would suggest.

I could see him staying on as GM for another 2-3 years before one of Hunter or Dubas takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I check in from time to time. I didn't want to write anything as it seems this place is a ghost town now lately.

JVR is on record as saying he loves Toronto and would love to be a part of the Maple Leafs going forward. Maybe he'd be willing to give a bit of a hometown discount. He's younger than both Leo and Bozak and a goal scorer with size. He's got amazing hands in close to the net as well. He'd be who I would want to keep out of the three. Bozak was so good last season but he hasn't looked great this season at all. As Jeff O'Neill said a few weeks ago it's hard to tell if he's playing through something or if he just got old over the offseason.

I'm not worried about Nylander or Marner. This happens a lot the second season in the league. (Dylan Larkin last season) Marner could have had three goals vs Calgary the other night if not for Smith.

Matthews is a beast, I really don't think he's playing at 100% though. I was at the game a few weeks ago vs ARI, he was very sluggish. Then after Domi hit him (which was odd seeing him get hit) he was very slow getting up and getting back to the bench. Hopefully it's just something he can play through and gets better with time.

Kadri and Andersen have been fantastic. A lot of people said Kadri wouldn't have the same season he did last season yet here is tied for 12th in the league in goals. Well on his way to 30 again.
    Glad to hear man! I know what you mean, though. Sometimes I come here wondering if this site will still be up. Hope all is well.

I also agree about keeping JVR over the other two.
    That was an entertaining game last night. Great 1st, sloppy 2nd but I'll take the own goal for the win!

Do you guys think Lou stays as GM past this season? I could see a 1-yr extension than have him an advisory role, but who knows, he certainly doesn't seem as old as his years would suggest.
    I'd be happy with him staying at least another 2 years before the others are ready.
    I could see him staying on as GM for another 2-3 years before one of Hunter or Dubas takes over.
    This.

Also, what do you guys think of the Leafs signing Doughty? The guys on the Hot Stove seem to think he's looking for 10 per year. I don't know...

I wouldn't give Doughty that kind of money if that is what he expects...but if the recent scuttlebutt of him wanting that kind of money drives down his trade value, then I'd be down with renting him for this season and next!

I was thinking that one way to keep Leo around would be to convert him into a Centre and let him be the 4C. (probably won't work as he makes $2.95mm and hard to pay that for a checking line centre...but maybe lol)

I like Doughty but he's not going to be a UFA till 2019. If he signs with someone July 1st 2019 he will be 5 months away from turning 31. Giving someone these days a big contract for 5+ years at 30+ years old scares me if it's the Leafs. I hope he plays at this level till he's 40 but you just never know when the wheels might fall off.

With saying that for the most part the only way of getting a Doughty/Karlsson etc.... on your team is by drafting them or signing them as UFA's. Speaking of which Liljegren has looked great with the Marlies as an 18 year old. Some people think he may get a look with the Leafs at some point this season.

Leafs also have Matthews, Marner, Nylander who they will have to sign soon.

I like Doughty but he's not going to be a UFA till 2019. If he signs with someone July 1st 2019 he will be 5 months away from turning 31. Giving someone these days a big contract for 5+ years at 30+ years old scares me if it's the Leafs. I hope he plays at this level till he's 40 but you just never know when the wheels might fall off.

With saying that for the most part the only way of getting a Doughty/Karlsson etc.... on your team is by drafting them or signing them as UFA's. Speaking of which Liljegren has looked great with the Marlies as an 18 year old. Some people think he may get a look with the Leafs at some point this season.

Leafs also have Matthews, Marner, Nylander who they will have to sign soon.
    Right. Plus, don't they have another Zaitsev-type coming from the KHL next year?

PS I hate Tkachuk. Spearing from the bench after he came back from a suspension for a similar issue. Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    PS I hate Tkachuk. Spearing from the bench after he came back from a suspension for a similar issue. Idiot.
    Wait till his bro Brady gets to the NHL. From everything I have heard his bro Brady plays with even more of an edge. He should go in the top 5 of this next draft. He should also be on team USA for the World Jr's.

Wait till his bro Brady gets to the NHL. From everything I have heard his bro Brady plays with even more of an edge. He should go in the top 5 of this next draft. He should also be on team USA for the World Jr's.
    Better than his bro? I hardly think spearing is playing with an edge. He's just a pest.

Thread Information