Page 485 of 485 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485
Results 14,521 to 14,547 of 14547
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    My thought re: Marleau was he would wear the C as well. Without Marleau, I think the Leafs play next season without a captain again.

I don't hate the signing but I'm wary of it... I think it was a lot about the third year, which I'm guessing most teams didn't want to offer him. But, with Leo, JVR, Bozak all coming off the books for next season, they have cap flexibility to make it work, along with signing the youngsters.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Yeah JVR and Bozak won't be back after this season, if not sooner. I could see them shopping JVR now with Marleau now on the team. I'd like to see Komarov back after this upcoming season if he's not looking for a crazy contract.

Senior Member All-Star Rocklobster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    My thought re: Marleau was he would wear the C as well. Without Marleau, I think the Leafs play next season without a captain again.

I don't hate the signing but I'm wary of it... I think it was a lot about the third year, which I'm guessing most teams didn't want to offer him. But, with Leo, JVR, Bozak all coming off the books for next season, they have cap flexibility to make it work, along with signing the youngsters.
    McD was made captain after a rookie season where he played half the games. This team made the playoffs so no way they go without a captain this year. I'd be shocked if Matthews was not named captain. I think it's expected TBH

It could just be smoke screens, but if you listen to Lou, Babcock and Shanny talk since the season ended they really don't sound like they are in any rush to name a captain. That was all before the Marleau signing. Again I'd be fine with Matthews getting it this season, but I won't be shocked if Marleau gets it. Montreal/Toronto is a different beast when it comes to the captains job.

Yeah, I think they wait another year. Marleau will have an A that will essentially be an informal C til Matthews is ready...a big reason why they wanted to sign him I'd guess.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/07/03...ppling-anxiety

Turns out Corson suffers from anxiety...and that's why he suddenly left the team back in the day.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Was there a better gamble than Marleau? Radulov perhaps? I'm gonna say i like this one and see it working out quite well. Obviously the price was high but atp they had the money and chose not to gamble on a shattenkirk or Alzner after not being able to lure the top offensive FA's from Washington Would have preferred Cammalleri over Moore and they can still use another Defenceman and 4th line center unless of course they are confident in bringing up a few young guys to fill those roles.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    http://www.torontosun.com/2017/07/03...ppling-anxiety

Turns out Corson suffers from anxiety...and that's why he suddenly left the team back in the day.
    So the Mogilny stuff was false. Hmmm

Don't believe everything the media has to say.

Leafs signed Hyman to 4 years at $2.25 AAV. Pretty sure they are over the cap and they still have Brown left to sign who should get more than Hyman. Thinking trades are coming. I could see JVR being traded before the season. Maybe Bozak as well.
    Last edited by two24four; 07-05-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Leafs signed Hyman to 4 years at $2.25 AAV. Pretty sure they are over the cap and they still have Brown left to sign who should get more than Hyman. Thinking trades are coming. I could see JVR being traded before the season. Maybe Bozak as well.
    Isn't that the same contract Martin got?

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    Isn't that the same contract Martin got?
    Martin got 10/4.

Classic Mike Babcock signing here. Like Glendenning in Detroit, Hyman is miscast on the Leafs and is paid accordingly. Tough player to tie up 2.25/year in.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Just wait until he finds his new Dan Cleary. Then you'll get to know Babcocks worst side. If one of your underskilled, aging vets start to show a lot of heart in the playoffs, be afraid. Cause Babcock will commit to him until he can't walk.

I don't dislike Hyman but I would not have signed him to that contract

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Thoughts on McKegg? Is he good enough to center a third line? Or is he strictly fourth line/AHL?
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

I thought McKegg was going to be a better NHL'er but so far he just seems like a depth forward. I thought he could have been a good two way centre in the NHL. He's 25 so he still could be a solid NHL'er at some point. Not sure if that will ever be a top 6 forward though.

Just got tickets for a game in November with the Leafs Nation presale

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...il-kessel.html

Note who wrote the article so this isn't biased TO media

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...il-kessel.html

Note who wrote the article so this isn't biased TO media
    Eh, no, but I think it may be a little biased towards giving Tocchet a little too much credit (as Pens fans are sometimes wont to do) and Kessel not enough. I'm sure he played a big part in motivating players like Kessel, but I don't really think he was some kind of miracle worker with them where without Tocchet the Pens will automatically look to move them. Kessel could get traded for cap reasons, anyway, but I really don't think losing Tocchet will play a part in the decision if he does.

Tocchet is a fine assistant coach. I'd really not be too confident in him as a head coach, though.
    Last edited by Hamsterkill; 07-12-2017 at 11:45 AM.
    Curse of the Hamster

Lol what a terrible article. Phil is fine and he's not getting traded anytime soon.

Unreal. Some people just LOVE to pick on Phil. It's mostly media people who just can't help themselves. It's brutal. It's already gotten old. Dude has done nothing wrong. If I was him I'd wear my two rings everywhere after all the unneeded BS people talk/write about him.

Another reason why I only read The Athletic now.
    Last edited by two24four; 07-12-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Fuck Phil - now, then and forever more!!!

The wild speculation I've been seeing a few places has the Pens considering a trade for Bozak to reunite him with Kessel on the Pens' 3rd line if Phil has trouble working with Malkin. Would create a 2nd iteration of an HBK line, and Pens do seem to need a 3rd line center (unless McKegg can fill that role).
    Last edited by Hamsterkill; 07-12-2017 at 02:28 PM.
    Curse of the Hamster

I've been hearing the Bozak rumour for a while now. JR said he won't rush getting a 3rd line C though as prices are just too high. I imagine Leafs would want something like Pouliot + 2nd for Bozak.

Bozak is definitely underrated and is one of the best at faceoffs. I'd welcome him in a second to the pens, gotta feeling that Babcock wants to keep him as long as possible though.

Leafs just signed Liljegren to his ELC. Lou also said today that he will either be playing for his Swedish team or the Marlies. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling he plays for the Marlies.
    Last edited by two24four; 07-12-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Oh what a start

Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    Oh what a start
    And keepin' it going. Nice to finally be on that other side of the Leafs/Habs rivalry. Making HNIC enjoyable once again!

Thread Information