Page 483 of 484 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484 LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,490 of 14505
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Some will talk about it sure, but I don't see it happening with the young core they are building around. Matthews is the #1 centre here for the next 15 years.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Fair enough. What do you think about the future ceiling of Connor Brown? I snagged him in a deep dynasty league of mine and he's on the fence for me as to whether I want to keep him. I probably have room if I want to keep him.

I'm a big Connor Brown fan. I think he flew under the radar for most non Leafs fans this season because of the other rookies on the team. Most other years Brown would be the rookie of the year for the Leafs with the season he had. He's a very, very solid player. He's put up good numbers at every level he's played. I think he'll be good for at least 15-25 goals, 40-50 points if not more at some point.

His line with Kadri and Komarov is also the line that most nights goes up against the other teams top line to shut them down. So it's not all just offense for them.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-10-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    If you had told me before the season started that this team would make the playoffs this season I wouldn't have believed you. I think they are 1 full year ahead of where they thought they would be.

Would have been nice to have another battle of Ontario but bring on the Caps. No one will be picking the Leafs. All the pressure will be on the Caps.

Go Leafs Go!!!!
    My sentiment exactly. At first I was pissed as I a) would have loved another round of the Battle for Ontario and b) think the Sens are beatable but upon reflection the Caps are almost perfect in that there are zero expectations that the Leafs can beat them so with the kids hopefully not feeling too much pressure, maybe they can surprise...if they win one of the first two games this series will get very interesting given the Caps history of choking under pressure!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Do you expect that there will be the same speculation about Tavares to the Leafs after next season as there was for Stamkos before he resigned in Tampa Bay?
    I don't think there will much if any speculation...or "real" is perhaps more apt as surely TSN and SN will try to generate some buzz for ratings. At this point, tying up $8mm in JT long-term just doesn't make sense given how great Matthews looks not to mention Kadri and Nylander (or Bozak if he sticks with the team) appearing to be more than capable. (Nylander is a bit of a wold card at Centre I suppose)

Speaking of Bozak, wow, has that dude impressed me since Kessel was traded - maybe he was carrying Phil all that time!

Zaitsev being out for Game 1 sucks but it would have been way worse if Polak was out as well - he is not great, but he also isn't the pylon ppl make him out to be. (and he is the type that will show his value now that playoffs are upon us)

PS: I love Connor Brown but I see him as a ~45pt 3rd liner that can maybe play up on the 2nd line if need be. Love his hustle and the kid has a nose for the net. Not sure if he is dynasty material but I guess that depends on the size of the league and how big rosters are.
    Last edited by b_illin; 04-12-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Edit.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-16-2017 at 08:01 AM.

What a game. This series really could be 2-0 for the Leafs. These kids aren't afraid of anything. How about Kapanen, kid just scores big goal after big goal for whatever team he's on. If these games keep going to OT I like the Leafs younger legs better in a long game/series.

Sucks Polak is out now though. I know they have Marchenko but I think I'd call up Dermott from the Marlies.

Two players I've been hard on this season who both stepped up huge last night were Gardiner and Marincin. I didn't even want Marincin playing but he made some big plays in the Leafs end in OT. Gardiner might have been the Leafs best player during the game.

Your goal as the lower seed is to win at least one of the first two games on the road and they've done that. Home ice advantage now. ACC and Maple Leaf square will be jumping tomorrow. We have a series.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-16-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Sounds like Zaitsev could be back tonight which is good with Polak out.

Holy fucking shit was that a great game! I can't believe they're up 2-1!!!

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Oh, so that's where Babcock was hiding all his playoff overtime luck. Saving it for you assholes.

That 5 on 3 last night was the turning point. It was all Leafs after that. When the Leafs use their speed the Caps can't keep up. Caps have so much pressure to win while the Leafs have none. Leafs are just having fun with this.

It was a great game.

Not over yet though.

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    I'm usually terrible at predicting stuff like this, but I think we're gonna see WSH's best game tonight. Kinda like how SJ busted out last night. Not saying the Leafs won't win, but they've got a battle ahead of them.

That said, if Dart Guy is in attendance, Leafs might just take this one, haha. Anybody know if they gave him tix for the game?

Dart Guy is going to the game tonight with a Toronto radio host.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Ovechkin pretty much said the Leafs got lucky bounces and they would not keep getting them. He was not worried about it at all. The Caps will win.

I missed the majority of the last game but from the reels i'd have to say if WAS can get out of the gate the same way they have excellent odds. Its up to the Leafs to weather that storm. If they can do that it could be another OT decision. Regardless its a great time to be a Leafs fan (finally)
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

The fact the Leafs are getting a 3rd home game no matter what happens these next two games is a win for the Leafs. Anything else is gravy. No one picked the Leafs to win 1 game.

Just enjoy this as Leafs fans. This team is going to be a force the next few years. These playoffs are only going to help that.

Ugly one tonight. But give the Leafs credit they are never out of a game. That bad giveaway by the Leafs in the 3rd after they had just scored to cut the Caps lead to 4-3 cost them OT again. Wilson also with that save at the goal line where it would have been 2-2 only to go down and score himself to make it 3-1.

Ahhh well it's a best of 3 now with at least one more home game.

Sucks they lost but it's hard to be upset. If you had told me before the season started that they would make the playoffs I'd say sign me up. If you'd said they would play against the presidents trophy winner and they'd take them to 6 games with 5 of those games going to OT I'd say sign me up. I don't think I would have believed they would have done this good back in October. They took a major step forward this year. This team will be a force real soon.

Future looks bright. Matthews, Marner, Nylander will be 3 forwards they will build around for years. Kadri, Bozak, JVR, Uncle Leo, Martin, Boyle (if he resigns) are all solid vets up front who help the young guys. Kapanen, Brown, Hyman, Sosh are all young guys who are just going to keep getting better and grow with the big 3. Andersen showed he is the franchise goalie they have been looking for. The backend is where they need to improve on the most. Rielly, Gardiner, Zaitsev is a start but they need more depth back there. Need a solid top 4 guy at the very least.

Leafs will be picking in the middle of round 1. Have to think they will look at drafting defence. D Nicolas Hague would be a nice pick if he's still around. I just saw him play the other night for Missy vs Petes. He's 6'6 210 lbs. Can move the puck well for a big guy and put up points. Plays on the PP. Is pretty good at shutting players down as well. Has a super long reach which is good for a d-man. Adam Foote's son Callan is another d-man who might be around at their pick.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-24-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Babcock said "we need to get better" 14 times at his year end presser today.

He aslo said he's going to both the World Champs and Mem Cup to scout.

I'm proud of what these guys accomplished this year - feels like the start of something special! (my bold and brazen prediction is not 1 but 2 cups by the end of the 2026 season!!

I totally get why Matthews will likely be the next Captain but I hope they wait another year. I also kinda wonder if Rielly isn't already the Captain as well - he certainly seems to play that role with the media and I sense he is very well liked in the locker room. I think he's totally deserving of it!

Sucks they lost but it's hard to be upset. If you had told me before the season started that they would make the playoffs I'd say sign me up. If you'd said they would play against the presidents trophy winner and they'd take them to 6 games with 5 of those games going to OT I'd say sign me up. I don't think I would have believed they would have done this good back in October. They took a major step forward this year. This team will be a force real soon.

Future looks bright. Matthews, Marner, Nylander will be 3 forwards they will build around for years. Kadri, Bozak, JVR, Uncle Leo, Martin, Boyle (if he resigns) are all solid vets up front who help the young guys. Kapanen, Brown, Hyman, Sosh are all young guys who are just going to keep getting better and grow with the big 3. Andersen showed he is the franchise goalie they have been looking for. The backend is where they need to improve on the most. Rielly, Gardiner, Zaitsev is a start but they need more depth back there. Need a solid top 4 guy at the very least.

Leafs will be picking in the middle of round 1. Have to think they will look at drafting defence. D Nicolas Hague would be a nice pick if he's still around. I just saw him play the other night for Missy vs Petes. He's 6'6 210 lbs. Can move the puck well for a big guy and put up points. Plays on the PP. Is pretty good at shutting players down as well. Has a super long reach which is good for a d-man. Adam Foote's son Callan is another d-man who might be around at their pick.
    Well said. I did not expect playoffs. For them not only to get in, but give Washington a run for their money is unbelievable. I wish they were still playing, but can't have my cake and eat it too. Perhaps Shattenkirk takes a discount to join an up and comer, but I wouldn't be sad if he chose elsewhere to play.

The Leafs already have a Shattenkirk type in Gardiner. I think another Caps UFA D-man might fit better with the Leafs and that's Alzner.

Rielly, Alzner, Gardiner, Zaitsev, Carrick, Dermott wouldn't be to bad IMO.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-30-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    It does feel like a storm is brewing in Toronto. Team should be a force for years to come.

Shattenkirk has been maybe the worst player on the Caps in the playoffs so far. Its a small sample size but its definitely hurting people's perception of him. He's definitely becoming a liability in his own end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It does feel like a storm is brewing in Toronto. Team should be a force for years to come.

Shattenkirk has been maybe the worst player on the Caps in the playoffs so far. Its a small sample size but its definitely hurting people's perception of him. He's definitely becoming a liability in his own end.
    Sounds so nice.

Best place/source for anything Leafs news in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    Best place/source for anything Leafs news in the summer?
    Twitter. Anyone who has any good sources for the most part breaks it on twitter before anywhere else.

If the Leafs stay at the 17th pick I hope they are able to grab one of these d-men.... Liljegren, Hague or Foote. Suzuki who is a centre would be nice as well. That's assuming any of these guys are around at 17. This is a draft where almost any player could get drafted at any time. I've seen Liljegren going anywhere from top 10 to top 20 on some lists.
    Last edited by two24four; 06-19-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    If the Leafs stay at the 17th pick I hope they are able to grab one of these d-men.... Liljegren, Hague or Foote. Suzuki who is a centre would be nice as well. That's assuming any of these guys are around at 17. This is a draft where almost any player could get drafted at any time. I've seen Liljegren going anywhere from top 10 to top 20 on some lists.
    Especially for the D-men. Most lists I've seen have Heiskanen first, but after that there seems to be a heck of a lot of uncertainty. Personally, I think Liljegren is the second D-man taken.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    Especially for the D-men. Most lists I've seen have Heiskanen first, but after that there seems to be a heck of a lot of uncertainty. Personally, I think Liljegren is the second D-man taken.
    He really could go anywhere.

Bob McKenzie said on his pre- draft show that one top five team told him they have D Cale Makar rated first overall. Some have said he's a bit like Karlsson. I haven't seen him play.
    Last edited by two24four; 06-19-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    He really could go anywhere.

Bob McKenzie said on his pre- draft show that one top five team told him they have D Cale Makar rated first overall. Some have said he's a bit like Karlsson. I haven't seen him play.
    Makar's a big risk-reward pick that high. He's a highly offensive d-man that's undersized. If his game can translate to the pro-level without becoming a liability, he'll make a fantastic player. Erik Karlsson's name seems to come up a lot when he's talked about. That's a big if, though, given that he's mostly been playing in a lesser league. He should be easier to project after he spends a year at UMass. He has a lot of Sabres fans drooling, hoping he falls to #8, though. Me, I'd still prefer Heiskanen or Liljegren, I think.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

This entire draft is pretty much going to be teams taking risks. This is a draft in 5-7 years that I think we will look back at more than some other drafts and say how did this team get that player with that pick. No one knows where most of this years draft class is getting drafted. The top pick isn't even a lock.

So the Leafs start the season in Winnipeg. I don't think it's a mistake that they have Laine vs Matthews on opening night. Home opener is vs the Rangers.

Sounds like Vegas is taking Leipsic from the Leafs.

Thread Information