Page 487 of 487 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487
Results 14,581 to 14,584 of 14584
    Whoever is still perusing this - I'm looking at you two24four - why are the Leafs picking 25th this draft?

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I could be wrong, but I think they still have a chance to move up as high as 23rd overall if both the Sharks and Pens move onto round 3. If only one of them move on they pick 24th, if they both lose they stay at 25th. The final four teams in playoffs all pick 28th-31st no matter where they finished during the season.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think they still have a chance to move up as high as 23rd overall if both the Sharks and Pens move onto round 3. If only one of them move on they pick 24th, if they both lose they stay at 25th. The final four teams in playoffs all pick 28th-31st no matter where they finished during the season.
    This sounds right. The awkward thing is that whether you lose in the first or second round in the playoffs doesn't matter for draft position. The things that matter are whether you made the conference finals, SC finals, or won your division in the regular season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_En..._draft_lottery
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Great to hear from ya, man. They must've switched this up because I don't remember it like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    This sounds right. The awkward thing is that whether you lose in the first or second round in the playoffs doesn't matter for draft position. The things that matter are whether you made the conference finals, SC finals, or won your division in the regular season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_En..._draft_lottery
    Interesting how they set it up like that the closer to the Cup is the effect of the order of things.

Thread Information