Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions fans

Senior Member All-Star MrScientist's Avatar

Lions fans

Not gonna lie, the game today was a stinker but at least we won in the end (loved watching Shaun Rogers light up Tarvaris though) ... all of us fans should spread this around tomorrow, no matter how asinine

- On Monday morning, we will have a better record than one of the Patriots/Chargers

you beat the raiders and the vikings.........barely. i wouldn't get happy just yet.

No thanks on the honolulu blue Kool-Aid just yet.

Why so negative guys ... I mean this is a joke thread, lighten up

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boltsfan26 View Post
    Why so negative guys ... I mean this is a joke thread, lighten up
    ...a joke, but on a serious note... The Lions will hit the 10 win mark as Kitna guaranteed. They are 2-0 regardless of who they beat. Especially since one of those teams (Raiders) Fly was practically guaranteeing his life that the Lions wouldn't beat. Damn who would have thought... Notre Dame and Michigan start 0-2, yet Detroit and Green Bay start 2-0!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

The Lions will hit 10 wins when I hit the lottery!! You better hope that Kitna's concussion doesn't turn up to be worse than they expected, or they ain't even coming close to 10 wins.

And Michigan still sucks ballz!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    The Lions will hit 10 wins when I hit the lottery!! You better hope that Kitna's concussion doesn't turn up to be worse than they expected, or they ain't even coming close to 10 wins.

And Michigan still sucks ballz!!
    Dude.... I was pissed when O'Sullivan came in... We were all at Dadz watching all the games, and of course some of us had Detoit -3 (KK, DB) and others had the over 42 (Rickety-Rick, Mosca, Dwayne the Bezerker, Sludge, some dude Shorty) in that game. No one knew what happened to Kitna. Dude he got drilled... But he comes back to win the game.

Michigan won't lose again until they play Ohio State.

I was actually pulling for the Raiders last night. Willy had Denver's defense in. Good ol' McCown still the starter! Love him!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I think DET could go atleast 8-8 this season, which I think they will take, someone made a good point yesterday, they are starting to look like a younger St. Louis team, (alittle bit) CJ and Williams being Hold and Bruce, Kitna is deff no Bulger but he's ok if healthy, T-Bell is a pretty good RB as well, again he's no SJ, but he's not bad, plus they have an ex Rams coach as well who is a good coach.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    If healthy, Detroit will surprise some people... the soft beginning to their schedule only helps their cause.

All right I'll buy. I looked at the schedule and they have 7 winnable games left. If they can get 5 or 6 of those and steal one they should lose, that would be respectable. I'll still lay off the Kool-Aid for now, we'll know more after Philly and Chicago.

Moonajuana Master All-Star beanz's Avatar
    bah, Philly is in the bag. its gonna be a blowout with the Lions comin out on top. They will get about 8-9 wins this year, and they arent a great team but they are a good team with talent to actually start something the next few years.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    you beat the raiders and the vikings.........barely. i wouldn't get happy just yet.
    Ya, and the Raiders beat nobody just yet!

I was hoping for 8 wins this season after I looked at the schedule
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Ya, and the Raiders beat nobody just yet!

I was hoping for 8 wins this season after I looked at the schedule
    they should of beaten DET and they did beat DEN except that Shannahan is a faggot for calling a timeout while the fucking ball is in the air. Don't get me started. The Raiders win this week.

The Raiders will win this week

And you started before Pre-season

they should of beaten DET and they did beat DEN except that Shannahan is a faggot for calling a timeout while the fucking ball is in the air. Don't get me started. The Raiders win this week.
    Time out was called BEFORE the kick...... Coaching genius. Your fault that Janikowski SUCKS! Oh...and Cleveland will beat the Raiders this week, FOR SURE!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Time out was called BEFORE the kick...... Coaching genius. Your fault that Janikowski SUCKS! Oh...and Cleveland will beat the Raiders this week, FOR SURE!
    Janikowski does suck this year, but it was a 52 yard FG that he HIT as that prick called a timeout. He just missed it the second time. I'd like to see you kick a 52 yd FG in OT!!

And OAK wins this week............BIG!!!

Janikowski does suck this year, but it was a 52 yard FG that he HIT as that prick called a timeout. He just missed it the second time. I'd like to see you kick a 52 yd FG in OT!!

And OAK wins this week............BIG!!!
    I'll kick a 52 yard FG for you. Janikowski sucks THIS YEAR? Every year! You knew the time out was being called. Everyone on God's green Earth who was watching the game knew a time out was going to be called. Why are you so surprised?

I'll kick a 52 yard FG for you. Janikowski sucks THIS YEAR? Every year! You knew the time out was being called. Everyone on God's green Earth who was watching the game knew a time out was going to be called. Why are you so surprised?
    The Raiders were half way off the field before anyone realized it, don't tell me you and everyone else knew.

The Raiders were half way off the field before anyone realized it, don't tell me you and everyone else knew.
    Dipshit you could clearly hear the whistles being blown before the snap... You could see the sideline calling time. Just because the asshole Raiders and their naive fans didn't hear it or want to hear it, that's their own problem. So yes, I...and everyone else who was watching the game knew.

Shaun Rogers sucking all of the oxygen out of Ford Field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2gWVRwLT-w

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Country View Post

That stiff-arm was phenominal.

That play epitomizes the Lions this season - you knew it was possible, but how many people thought it would actually happen?

Senior Member All-Star Motorcat's Avatar
    44-7 to over the Bronco's - I love it.

Not many teams I enjoy watching taking a beat down more than the Broncos.

Congrats Lion's fans

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boltsfan26 View Post
    That play epitomizes the Lions this season - you knew it was possible, but how many people thought it would actually happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    If healthy, Detroit will surprise some people... the soft beginning to their schedule only helps their cause.
    And I'm not even a Lions fan...

You know what is amazing... I am shocked that an illegal block to the back wasn't called. Rogers stiff-armed the dude, then the Lion trailing trying to get the block shoved the dude in the back and fell on top of him. All in all.....way to go Detroit. Aiming for Kitna's 10-6 guarantee. More than halfway there.

You know what is amazing... I am shocked that an illegal block to the back wasn't called. Rogers stiff-armed the dude, then the Lion trailing trying to get the block shoved the dude in the back and fell on top of him. All in all.....way to go Detroit. Aiming for Kitna's 10-6 guarantee. More than halfway there.
    That was Boss Bailey on the play - I thought that too, but if you watch, the Denver guy is already going down. Even if he did throw an illegal block, I don't think it really affected the course of the play.

Kevin Jones had his ACL repaired and will be out 4-6 months. Call me cold hearted, but I would cut him. I'm just not sold on his ability at this level. He basically had one half of one good season under Mariucci and has never repeated. Resign Duckett and try Calhoun for the short term.

Kevin Jones had his ACL repaired and will be out 4-6 months. Call me cold hearted, but I would cut him. I'm just not sold on his ability at this level. He basically had one half of one good season under Mariucci and has never repeated. Resign Duckett and try Calhoun for the short term.
    I agree on the K-Jones point. I never was sold on him. In most cases when people asked who to start, I almost always went with the other guy.

Finally Millen speaks, I really wish he hadn't. This guy is crap concentrate.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...RTS01/80222028

Q: How do you handle criticism?

A: “I’m pretty good with blame. I have been blamed my whole life. You grow up in a family of 11, you get blamed a whole lot.”

Q: There aren’t 10 other presidents of the Lions, though. You’re the only one.

A: “I expect it. It’s not any different.”

Q: Is it valid?

A: “If I was sitting at home and I was a Lion fan, you’ve got to blame somebody. I’d blame me, too. Nobody sees all the inner workings. That’s part of my job is to get blamed. I’m OK with that. But it’s also part of my job to win. We haven’t done that.”
    Why don't you just quit? Have you no sense you may be in over your head???

Q: Why did some games get so out of hand?

A: “I don’t know. I can’t figure that one out, where it was just complete … You look at it like, ‘What? This team didn’t even show up.’ Like San Diego. … I don’t know. That was a hard one for me.”

Q: If you don’t know what went wrong, how do you fix it?

A: “There’s more than one thing. A lot of it has to do with mindset and things you can’t approach – how we’re practicing. We’re not good enough in some areas. You can cover some things up, but you can’t cover all of them up.”
    Wow just amazing, this just confirms that I could do way better than this fool and my experience is limited to a little Madden and watching Sportscenter.

Q: What do you think of Mike Martz?

A: “Mike did a lot of good things. He gave us something to build on.”

Q: Did you fire him?

A: “Why is that such a big question all the time?”

Q: Because it hasn’t been answered.

A: “I thought he answered that already.”

Q: He said Thursday he was fired. But the Lions have not said he was fired or that he resigned.

A: “No. I understand.”

Q: What happened?

A: “It doesn’t matter what happened. He’s not here.”

Q: Fans would like to know.

A: “Fans could care less.”

Q: Martz said he had no idea there were conflicting philosophies. How could that be?

A: “Ask him. I don’t know.”

Q: We did.

A: “Well, then he gave you your answer. I don’t really want to talk about Mike Martz, to be honest with you.”

Q: In seven of your eight years, you have fired at least one coach or coordinator. How can you build continuity like that?

A: “You can’t. And that’s an issue.”
    What is fascinating about this Q/A is that he basically admits to failure in every area of team management. He admits failure in hiring coaches, scouting players, extending players that don't deserve it and double standards within the organization. Who in the world would continue to employ anyone that admittedly as incompetent as him. What kills me is that I like football and grew up with this piece of shit team and can't leave.

Thread Information