Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The CFL

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    Haha, neither have I, lol.

If your buddy ever wants to come see a game in Hamilton, PM me. I get 4 free tix to every game that sometimes don't end up getting used, and even if they do, I'm allowed to sell up to 10 more tix at half price for any gm, so I'll hook you and your buddy up if you and/or him ever want to come see a gm in the Hammer.

Let him know that next season is the last season at Ivor Wynne before it gets torn down and the new stadium is built. If he's as big a fan as you say, he'll wanna catch a game there before it's torn down, ESPECIALLY if he's never been before. No place in the world like Ivor Wynne. The stadium itself is a POS, but the atmosphere and tradition are unbeatable.
    Thanks man. I remember talking to you at the start of the CFL season about tickets and he is who I had in mind, thing is though he tore his achilles tendon not long after that and was told to stay off that foot for most of the summer, so going to a game was out for him.

I know he's been to lot's of game in Hamilton, I will talk to him about going next season.

His basement is all done up in Ti-Cats stuff, walls are even yellow and black, he's a true fan.
    Last edited by two24four; 11-16-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Senior Member All-Star canuckthug's Avatar
    Let him know that next season is the last season at Ivor Wynne before it gets torn down and the new stadium is built. If he's as big a fan as you say, he'll wanna catch a game there before it's torn down, ESPECIALLY if he's never been before. No place in the world like Ivor Wynne. The stadium itself is a POS, but the atmosphere and tradition are unbeatable.
    Same story in the Peg. Sunday's game is the very last game at Bomber Stadium and its gonna be special. I'll be there!! Agreed, this should be a great game , can't wait for kickoff!! Weather could play a factor if it continues to stay cold and windy which is a possibility. Not used to drinking on Sundays especially before Lunch but getting drunk will keep the chill out!

Im expecting Odell Willis who has been hurt to step up once again. The bye-week must have helped him and our QB who both said if they had to play last week they would have. Im not too confident with our QB's, both Buck Pierce & Brink but thankfully we have a pretty solid D which gets the job done. I think we are 3-0 against you guys this year which might not mean anything come Sunday. Its always fun playing our former QB's --- kevin Glenn and offensive coordinator Khari Jones so we'll see how that matchup unfolds.. Bombers took the league by storm early in the year and then cooled off in the second half but we still won the division. One more win gets us to the Grey Cup!! Lets go Blue!!

GO BOMBERS !!

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nineoneone View Post
    Same story in the Peg. Sunday's game is the very last game at Bomber Stadium and its gonna be special. I'll be there!! Agreed, this should be a great game , can't wait for kickoff!! Weather could play a factor if it continues to stay cold and windy which is a possibility. Not used to drinking on Sundays especially before Lunch but getting drunk will keep the chill out!

Im expecting Odell Willis who has been hurt to step up once again. The bye-week must have helped him and our QB who both said if they had to play last week they would have. Im not too confident with our QB's, both Buck Pierce & Brink but thankfully we have a pretty solid D which gets the job done. I think we are 3-0 against you guys this year which might not mean anything come Sunday. Its always fun playing our former QB's --- kevin Glenn and offensive coordinator Khari Jones so we'll see how that matchup unfolds.. Bombers took the league by storm early in the year and then cooled off in the second half but we still won the division. One more win gets us to the Grey Cup!! Lets go Blue!!

GO BOMBERS !!
    Yup, which just means the Ticats have the Bombers right where they want them, haha! It's pretty tough to beat any team in the CFL 4 times in one season, even the Argos (SUCK!!). Ticats owned the Argos all year last season, beat 'em easily 3 times in the reg season, but then laid an egg in the playoffs when the Argos (SUCK!!) came to town, lending credence to that theory. Even KG said it in his post-game interview after beating MTL last weekend. When asked about his thoughts looking forward to this weekend, I believe his comment was something to the effect of 'All I gotta say is it's hard to beat any team 4 times in one season'. Guess we'll just hafta see who that works out.

The fact that the Ticats coulda and shoulda won 2 of the 3 gms against the Bombers this season bodes well for us as well.

By no means is it going to be an easy win, no question, but if the Ticats offence played like they did in MTL last weekend, nobody - not even the Bombers D - is going to stop them. TBH, and this isn't a knock against WPG, but I think MTL was a tougher test than the Bombers will be. Unless the Ticats come out completely flat, I think this is a very winable gm for them.

Either way, gonna be a great battle, can't wait for it! Just getting my voice back now after being at last week's gm in MTL, haha.
    Last edited by chgorman; 11-17-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    Hm, maybe the notice my high school sent out worded it wrong.
    Just to clear this up Hamster - Javon Johnson won the most outstanding defensive player award for his team (the Winnipeg Bluebombers), but hasn't won the league title just yet (although he's a top contender for it). Each team's winner automatically becomes a nominee for the league award, which hasn't been announced yet, so he could still win that as well, but we won't find out for a few weeks.

So technically your school's notice isn't wrong, he did win the award, but it was just within his own team, not league-wide.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Just to clear this up Hamster - Javon Johnson won the most outstanding defensive player award for his team (the Winnipeg Bluebombers), but hasn't won the league title just yet (although he's a top contender for it). Each team's winner automatically becomes a nominee for the league award, which hasn't been announced yet, so he could still win that as well, but we won't find out for a few weeks.

So technically your school's notice isn't wrong, he did win the award, but it was just within his own team, not league-wide.
    Ah, I see.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Lets go BOMBERS !!!

GO BOMBERS GO

Winnipeg hasn't won in 21 years... for an 8 team league, that drought is as bad as the Chicago Cubs... We need this 1.

The Bombers are underdoggs, the Lions have home field and have been the best team in the 2nd half but we can win this game!! The Bombers have the best D in the league and Buck has been getting better. The Bombers defeated the Lions twice (2-0) in the regular season.. (but that doesnt mean much now). Should be a good game.

LETS GO BOMBERS !!

Sounds like the Argos have traded for Ricky Ray.

Ticats get Fantuz. Sick.

Ticats get Fantuz. Sick.
    Saw that, good signing.

Ticats vs Argos games should be pretty good this season, with both teams getting star players in Ray and Fantuz.

Also the labour day classic is back this season.

Tiger-Cats Offensive Lineman Peter Dyakowski on Canada's Smartest Person on CBC tonight from 8-10pm. Should be good for a few laughs, if nothing else. Pete is a funny guy.

Ticats are legit this year. Came back from down 19 pts in the 4th qtr to win IN Saskatchewan, the toughest building in the league.

Still early, stumbled a bit out of the gate, but the team is looking good right now. Burris is playing out of his mind. 156.3 passer rating last week (perfect rating is 158.3), 137.5 this week.

In case anyone here might be interested, I have 10 free tickets that I'm looking to give away for FREE for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats game vs. the Calgary Stampeders at 7pm this Thursday night at Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton.

I'm distributing them on a first come, first served basis, so if you'd like to reserve any of them, get in touch ASAP. I'll give them away in any combination - all 10 to one person, 1 to 10 separate people, or any combo in between. If you can't go but know somebody who might want to go, spread the word!

No obligation whatsoever (other than finding your own way to the game), just want you to come out and enjoy a great Ticats game, on me.

They'll be good seats in either gold or silver sections, so not just cheap seats. Silver Seats are normally $58.50 per ticket, while golds are normally $75.50 per ticket, so you'll have a great view of the game.

The team is playing great, 1st place in the East Division, on a 3 game winning streak, playing some incredibly exciting football, having put up at least 35 points in 4 consecutive games.

If interested in some tix, send me a PM.

Hope to see a bunch of you out at the game on Thursday! It's final Season of Ivor Wynne Stadium, so this may be your last chance to catch a game at this historic Hamilton landmark before it's torn down to make way for the new stadium in 2014.

Arrrrrrrrrgggggooooossssss.

Cory Boyd who? Kackert looks good.

Yep, Kackert has been a beast. Ticats had no answer for him last weekend or the weekend before.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Some great games today. What a finish to the Stamps-Riders game.

Looking forward to the Argos-Als game.

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Some great games today. What a finish to the Stamps-Riders game.

Looking forward to the Argos-Als game.
    It won't be a cake walk like yesterday's game, at least not for the Argos. It would be nice to see them play at home in the Grey Cup.

Argos need to move/build a new place to play. They said there was 27,000+ at the game yesterday. Not a chance there was. You could tell from watching there was not that many people. Damien Cox was also tweeting crowd shots from the press box, place looked empty in most spots.
    Last edited by two24four; 11-12-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    It won't be a cake walk like yesterday's game, at least not for the Argos. It would be nice to see them play at home in the Grey Cup.

Argos need to move/build a new place to play. They said there was 27,000+ at the game yesterday. Not a chance there was. You could tell from watching there was not that many people. Damien Cox was also tweeting crowd shots from the press box, place looked empty in most spots.
    It's unfortunate that the Skydome is such an iconic building in Toronto...it's the best location for the Argos/Blue Jays to play out of but the stadium is not ideal. If they built a 30,000 seat multi-purpose stadium I think both teams would be better off.

Arrrrrrrgggggooooosssss.

Going to play for the Grey Cup at home.

Oh baby, so pumped about the Grey Cup now. Might head down next weekend for some of the events.

Looks like the TiCats will be playing out of the University of Guelph next year. Great news for me, I'll be able to go to most games now when I'm on campus.

Just a question I really don't know. Why did they close Ivor Wynne Stadium this season when they knew their new stadium would not be open till 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Just a question I really don't know. Why did they close Ivor Wynne Stadium this season when they knew their new stadium would not be open till 2014?
    They didn't?

Because the new stadium is being built in the exact same spot as the old one. Just turned 90 degrees.

You lookin' for seats phaneuf?

Because the new stadium is being built in the exact same spot as the old one. Just turned 90 degrees.

You lookin' for seats phaneuf?
    Haha, maybe for a couple games in the fall! You're obviously still in sales there?

Yup. Lemme know anytime you want tix..

Nice to see a local boy Brad Sinopoli will be dressing for the Grey Cup game. He will be Calgary's 3rd string QB. He would still be on the practice roster had Tate not gone down. He joked that he will have the best seat in the house.

Really thought the Grey Cup game would have been closer. But it was pretty much all Arrrrrrrgggggooooossssss. I guess playing at home helps.

Kackert is awesome. He's going to have a nice career.

Oh baby, what a huge win for the Argos! Loved that! Grey Cup Champions and with a team that's more than capable of doing it again for the next few years.

haha. Belli gets kicked out of the game then he breaks the Cup at an after party.

Thread Information