Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    I like how when Detroit scored it's final TD of the game, Williams or Johnson or whoever the hell it was, I like how the Raider fans in the black hole all threw shit at him and tried to pick a fight. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    I like how when Detroit scored it's final TD of the game, Williams or Johnson or whoever the hell it was, I like how the Raider fans in the black hole all threw shit at him and tried to pick a fight. So sad.
    That's not sad, that's the Black Hole and had he got 2 inches closer, he might not of seen his helmet (or his head) for the rest of the day, cause they would have ripped it off of him. They are some of the craziest fans you will ever see!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    That's not sad, that's the Black Hole and had he got 2 inches closer, he might not of seen his helmet (or his head) for the rest of the day, cause they would have ripped it off of him. They are some of the craziest fans you will ever see!!
    hahaha trust me I know.. I went to the Pitt/Oakland game last season and nearly got MY ass handed to me. You'd think cause I'm a cute little chick that they would of let up but noooope, not even for a second. After Big Ben handed the game over to the Raiders on a silver platter, the emotional abuse and verbal harassment really got thrown around at myself and the thousands of other Pitt fans that dared to brave the Coliseum. Good times!!

One of my good buddies has season tickets to the Raiders (why he pays for that shit is beyond me) but his "seats" are actually in the Black Hole.. I'm sure he was one of the ones screaming and throwing shit at yesterday's game but I've yet to speak to him about it

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    hahaha trust me I know.. I went to the Pitt/Oakland game last season and nearly got MY ass handed to me. You'd think cause I'm a cute little chick that they would of let up but noooope, not even for a second. After Big Ben handed the game over to the Raiders on a silver platter, the emotional abuse and verbal harassment really got thrown around at myself and the thousands of other Pitt fans that dared to brave the Coliseum. Good times!!

One of my good buddies has season tickets to the Raiders (why he pays for that shit is beyond me) but his "seats" are actually in the Black Hole.. I'm sure he was one of the ones screaming and throwing shit at yesterday's game but I've yet to speak to him about it

I have a similar story from when my wife and I went to an Eagles/Falcons game at the old Vet, up in the freakin' 700 level behind the end zone. I was rockin' one of my Falcons jerseys and she goes, I wanna be cute like you and wear your other one. I was like no you don't, that went back and forth for a few minutes, finally I just threw her the other jersey. Yeah, well... that game ruined her from ever going to another football game ever. But, I will have to say she held her own while the verbal abuse was taking place. Good stuff!!!!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

1. If Culpepper started, we probably would have won. McCown looked awful at the end trying to bring them back. Good stats, yes, good day, no!! I'm glad he hurt himself at the end of the game.

2. Atleast they scored more than 3 lousy points like your Falcons.

3. Nitbag, if you could read you know I said all that about ANTHONY GONZALEZ, not Calvin Johnson. I said I wouldn't be surprised if he did well and he did. Calvin will put up very good rookie numbers, AGonzo will not.

4. I only started Porter because I thought Culpepper was really going to be the starter. I didn't believe all the reports since the Raiders lie like the best of them. Culpepper won the job, he should have started.
    Oh my God..... you have absolute mush for brains... When the thread went around talking about Calvin Johnson you argued that rookies have shit first seasons, then the list came out with Randy Moss, etc. and you provided your list that included Fredie Mitchell. You dumbass...
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I have a similar story from when my wife and I went to an Eagles/Falcons game at the old Vet, up in the freakin' 700 level behind the end zone. I was rockin' one of my Falcons jerseys and she goes, I wanna be cute like you and wear your other one. I was like no you don't, that went back and forth for a few minutes, finally I just threw her the other jersey. Yeah, well... that game ruined her from ever going to another football game ever. But, I will have to say she held her own while the verbal abuse was taking place. Good stuff!!!!
    true story as that is one of my favorite Bubby stories, and for those that don't know King's wife, her nickname is the Bayonne Brawler (she grew up there) and will whoop your ass almost as fast as King will. We love Bubby!!

true story as that is one of my favorite Bubby stories, and for those that don't know King's wife, her nickname is the Bayonne Brawler (she grew up there) and will whoop your ass almost as fast as King will. We love Bubby!!
    Dude.....when Tim Dwight exploded for a kick return, then the very next play when Brian Mitchell ran it back and the dude in the row in front of us was mocking us and said what do you see now... and she came out with "I see your mother eating my ass..." Hahahahaha............

Dude.....when Tim Dwight exploded for a kick return, then the very next play when Brian Mitchell ran it back and the dude in the row in front of us was mocking us and said what do you see now... and she came out with "I see your mother eating my ass..." Hahahahaha............
    Priceless! You caught yourself a good woman there eh Killah
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 09-10-2007 at 01:04 PM.

That is exactly why we love Bubby!! Plus, she's a great cook!

Back on point... McCown did a pretty good job. I don't think Culpepper would have had the same game. I don't think he would have thrown for 300+ and 2 TDs. ...and I certainly don't think he would have had any better success and leading them back after Detroit went up 26-21. At this point, what I would be concerned with is your defense. That was supposed to be the strong point of the team and they gave up 36 to Detroit.

There should be a definite concern for the team as a whole. I think too much time was spent choosing the starting QB. It was gonna be McCown all along, everyone, at least the ones with a clue, knew that was gonna happen. Russell may sign Wednesday.

Bright spot: Curry's 10 for 133 w/TD.

That is exactly why we love Bubby!! Plus, she's a great cook!
    Damn....I am hungry!

Priceless! You caught yourself a good woman there eh Killah
    I would have to say I did well...

Back on point... McCown did a pretty good job. I don't think Culpepper would have had the same game. I don't think he would have thrown for 300+ and 2 TDs. ...and I certainly don't think he would have had any better success and leading them back after Detroit went up 26-21. At this point, what I would be concerned with is your defense. That was supposed to be the strong point of the team and they gave up 36 to Detroit.

There should be a definite concern for the team as a whole. I think too much time was spent choosing the starting QB. It was gonna be McCown all along, everyone, at least the ones with a clue, knew that was gonna happen. Russell may sign Wednesday.

Bright spot: Curry's 10 for 133 w/TD.
    First half, offense blew, defense was good. Second half, offense was good, defense blew. Curry did amazing and Jordan, and I'll admit McCown (until the end of the game) did pretty well. Porter was ASSHOLE!! I'm not sure if that was his fault or McCown's for not looking his way, or just because Curry got open all day, but Porter needs to step it up.

I'm not so sure McCown is the right choice though. He has NO mobility which means in order for him to succeed, he needs time in the pocket which this line can't give him. Atleast Daunte can scramble.

He signed

Finally...

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- JaMarcus Russell and the Oakland Raiders agreed in principle Monday night to a six-year contract that will guarantee the quarterback more than $30 million in the richest contract ever for a rookie.
    The two sides met in person Monday for the third time in four days and were hashing out final details of the contract, according to a person familiar with the talks who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal was not finalized. The final contract needs to be approved by the NFL, but it will be worth at least $60 million with about $31 million guaranteed, the person said. An official announcement could come Tuesday.
    He has a lot of catch-up work to do. A little to late to help the Raiders this season.

Finally...

He has a lot of catch-up work to do. A little to late to help the Raiders this season.
    richest contract in rookie history? Wow. Oakland is really banking a lot on this kid eh? Wish I could say I hope it pans out, but....

Not only do I dislike the Raiders, being a Pitt fan, but I also really despise the fact that these douche bags are pretty much commanding whatever salaries they want, especially when they are rookies and completely unproven at an NFL level. It's just utterly ridiculous to me.

richest contract in rookie history? Wow. Oakland is really banking a lot on this kid eh? Wish I could say I hope it pans out, but....

Not only do I dislike the Raiders, being a Pitt fan, but I also really despise the fact that these douche bags are pretty much commanding whatever salaries they want, especially when they are rookies and completely unproven at an NFL level. It's just utterly ridiculous to me.

Agreed..... they shouldn't get paid $.30 before they make an NFL completion, catch, gain a yard...

.......and yes that goes for Atlanta's 2008 first round draft pick: Brian Brohm

I'm getting a Russell jersey this week!!

And I also agree that rookies in the NFL shouldn't get paid billions before they even step out onto the green carpet!!

I'm getting a Russell jersey this week!!

And I also agree that rookies in the NFL shouldn't get paid billions before they even step out onto the green carpet!!
    Did you get Dwayne the Berzerkers e-mail?

http://myworld.ebay.com/fargoducks

Dude has good prices... I didn't look at all he has, but jerseys at $45.99, not bad.

yeah they are some good prices. I LOVE that he has a Bo Jackson jersey!!

Josh McCown has broken finger
    Josh McCown, QB OAK
    News: NFL Network reports that Raiders QB Josh McCown has a fractured index finger on his throwing hand and is expected to be sidelined for at least a couple of weeks. Daunte Culpepper is expected to take McCown's place in the Raiders' starting lineup. Earlier this week, Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said that McCown was going to be his starter at Denver, but that was before this news came out.
    Analysis: McCown's future is unclear at this point, but expect him to miss at least three weeks. Culpepper should replace McCown and be serviceable as a low-end No. 2 Fantasy QB. Neither passer is worth a look when the Raiders face a tough secondary in Denver in Week 2.

It's Daunte time!!

Josh McCown, QB OAK
    News: NFL Network reports that Raiders QB Josh McCown has a fractured index finger on his throwing hand and is expected to be sidelined for at least a couple of weeks. Daunte Culpepper is expected to take McCown's place in the Raiders' starting lineup. Earlier this week, Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said that McCown was going to be his starter at Denver, but that was before this news came out.
    Analysis: McCown's future is unclear at this point, but expect him to miss at least three weeks. Culpepper should replace McCown and be serviceable as a low-end No. 2 Fantasy QB. Neither passer is worth a look when the Raiders face a tough secondary in Denver in Week 2.

It's Daunte time!!
    that was quick.

not exactly the way I figured Culpepper into the lineup but I knew we'd see him at SOME point.. From a fantasy standpoint I sure hope he finds some chemistry with Porter, damn it.

that was quick.

not exactly the way I figured Culpepper into the lineup but I knew we'd see him at SOME point.. From a fantasy standpoint I sure hope he finds some chemistry with Porter, damn it.
    You ain't the only one. As a Raiders fan, I want that to happen even moreso!!

Josh McCown, QB OAK

It's Daunte time!!
    Awww.....poor wittle McCown's finger hurts...

I saw the dude had Bo Jackson!

It's been some time since we got to post in the Just Like the Raiders thread...

For something that wasn't as pretty, Oakland punter Shane Lechler got mixed up and ran a fake punt even though the Raiders had audibled away from it. He took a four yard loss. Said coach Lane Kiffin: "Ten of 11 guys got it; Shane didn't."
    Way to go genius!

It's been some time since we got to post in the Just Like the Raiders thread...

Way to go genius!

That's funny!! Maybe since he was 10 yards back he didn't hear the audible, ever think of that KIFFIN!! Still a nitbag though. I bet Kiffin would have been happy if he got a 1st down out of it!!

Raiders consider dropping Rhodes

News: According to published reports, The Raiders are contemplating releasing RB Dominic Rhodes. It was first reported over the weekend that the Raiders have made Rhodes available via trade. If Rhodes is released, he will first have to clear waivers. If that happens, then he will become an unrestricted free agent.

Analysis:
    If Rhodes is released, it will end a disappointing tenure with Oakland. Signed in the offseason away from the Super Bowl champion Colts, Rhodes was brought in to compete with LaMont Jordan for carries. But Rhodes was slammed with a four-game suspension and wasn't activated until Week 6. He has played in two games, but has only nine carries for 21 yards. It is clear that the Raiders favor Jordan and Justin Fargas over Rhodes at this time. Unless something changes in the days to come, Rhodes is a less than desireable Fantasy option for Week 8 against the Titans.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And King Killah was claiming he would take over the starting job from Jordan the week he got back from suspension. Hey King, hope you didn't place a bet on that one!!

Raiders consider dropping Rhodes

News: According to published reports, The Raiders are contemplating releasing RB Dominic Rhodes. It was first reported over the weekend that the Raiders have made Rhodes available via trade. If Rhodes is released, he will first have to clear waivers. If that happens, then he will become an unrestricted free agent.

Analysis: If Rhodes is released, it will end a disappointing tenure with Oakland. Signed in the offseason away from the Super Bowl champion Colts, Rhodes was brought in to compete with LaMont Jordan for carries. But Rhodes was slammed with a four-game suspension and wasn't activated until Week 6. He has played in two games, but has only nine carries for 21 yards. It is clear that the Raiders favor Jordan and Justin Fargas over Rhodes at this time. Unless something changes in the days to come, Rhodes is a less than desireable Fantasy option for Week 8 against the Titans.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And King Killah was claiming he would take over the starting job from Jordan the week he got back from suspension. Hey King, hope you didn't place a bet on that one!!
    First if he gets cut, it is his own fault for being an off-season douche to begin with........ 2nd. Of course he only had limited plays. Since he was suspended, he wasn't allowed to practice with the team. But, it is only natural for the Raiders to make an asshole move. It never surprises me.

An asshole move, you were saying this was one of the best moves they made all off-season claiming he would be the starter for the Raiders until they could get Bush up to speed. I say Rhodes is nothing more than a product of a good system out in IND.

An asshole move, you were saying this was one of the best moves they made all off-season claiming he would be the starter for the Raiders until they could get Bush up to speed. I say Rhodes is nothing more than a product of a good system out in IND.
    Dude... pay attention.

One of the best moves the made all season was signing Rhodes.

Asshole move is letting him go.

There is no way... NO way you can say Rhodes is nothing more than a product of a good system and not say the same thing about Jordan. Please. Rhodes owns Jordan in the big picture. Dickface just had to pull dickface shenanigans in the off season.

What he did in the off-season has nothing to do with why he may get cut. He sucks. He isn't getting the ball since he sucks. He doesn't do anything when he gets the ball since he sucks. Jordan is MUCH better than Rhodes. Jordan is in the Top 10 in all rushing categories this year. Hell, Fargas is better than Rhodes. And don't tell me that Jordan is the product of a good system since he didn't have a good system in NYJ and doesn't have one here.

Thread Information