Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
Results 1,171 to 1,182 of 1182
    Ohhhh so because it's from Raiders.com (even though basically what it does it list a ton of stats and records that any site could list) you don't want to read it? You're a joke and this just proves you're even more wrong then had you read it.

Let me guess, Khalil Mack sucks too right?

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    I'm going to read it and reply within the next day. That just wasn't a good start!!

It's just a difficult source to assume objectivity from!

Actually Fly, you ready for this? Mack was the most underrated player in the NFL last year, and not only a TOTAL joke that he wasn't a pro-bowler, but a joke that he wasn't a 1st team all pro! 2nd team at worst.

Mack was that good. Could already be the NFL's best run stopper at the 2nd level. When people mention Suh possibly going to Oakland, and I think about Mack and Suh on the same defense, I think of a team that won't even allow 1000 rushing yards in a season

I'm just strongly undecided about Carr. It's not like I said I wouldn't keep starting him. I would. I'm just saying, he hasn't even proven he's an NFL starter yet. Give him more time.
    Last edited by Kyle; 02-14-2015 at 11:50 PM.

There's not much objectivity when it comes to stats. It's either right or wrong and I can assure you it's right. Just pretend it come from NFLcom or TomBradyCanSuckADonkeysBallsAndMontanaIsStillBette r.com.

Sadly, Mack was arguably a top 5 overall linebacker in the NFL last year but Oakland still somehow made more noise about Carr?!?!

I didn't even hear Oakland outraged over the pro bowl/all pro snub for Mack but everybody got enraged that Carr didn't get more rookie of the year consideration! Which he obviously did not deserve compared to ODB or J.Hill.

I'll read your article and I sure do hope it teaches me something I don't know about Carr now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Actually Fly, you ready for this? Mack was the most underrated player in the NFL last year, and not only a TOTAL joke that he wasn't a pro-bowler, but a joke that he wasn't a 1st team all pro! 2nd team at worst.

Mack was that good. Could already be the NFL's best run stopper at the 2nd level. When people mention Suh possibly going to Oakland, and I think about Mack and Suh on the same defense, I think of a team that won't even allow 1000 rushing yards in a season

I'm just strongly undecided about Carr. It's not like I said I wouldn't keep starting him. I would. I'm just saying, he hasn't even proven he's an NFL starter yet. Give him more time.
    Then you seriously need to read that article as he is one of the best rookie QB this franchise has ever seen and has done things that no other rookie QB EVER has done.

Okay Fly, that article clearly tries its absolute hardest to find any reason to praise Carr. He hardly set any real rookie records.

He's basically thrown less int than Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning in their rookie years. Good for him. He also threw 1000+ less yards than those guy's rookie years, threw less TDs, threw way less yards per attempt...Carr has shown enough to let him start this next year, but calling him a future star already is laughable. What he did last year was 10% of what Wilson/Luck/RG3 did a few years ago.
    Last edited by Kyle; 02-16-2015 at 01:25 AM.

Really?? I'm not saying he was the best rookie QB ever but give the guy some credit...

Derek Carr is in elite company as he ranks in the top 10 in multiple rookie passing categories. Here is a look at how Carr stacks up against 2014 rookie quarterbacks and rookie passers:

Completions

Carr: 348 | 2014 Rookie Rank: 1st | Rookie Rank: 2nd
    Passing Yards
    Carr: 3,270 | 2014 Rookie Rank: 1st | Rookie Rank: 10th
    Passing Touchdowns
    Carr: 21 | 2014 Rookie Rank: 1st | Rookie Rank: T-5th
    QB Rating (min. 300 attempts)
    Carr: 76.6 | 2014 Rookie Rank: 2nd | Rookie Rank: 14th
    Carr also ranks first among rookies since 1960 with four games of at least 40 attempts and 25 completions
    With only 12 interceptions in 599 pass attempts (2.0 INT percentage), Carr has avoided the costly mistakes that are the downfall of many young passers. Of the 12 NFL rookies in history with at least 450 attempts, Carr owns the fewest interceptions.
    The owner of 21 career TD passes, Carr has quickly jumped into the history books as one of the most prolific rookie scorers in NFL history. Carr’s 21 touchdowns have him tied for fifth all-time among NFL rookies.
    Carr has thrown eight touchdowns under pressure according to Pro Football Focus, first among rookies and tied for sixth in 2014.

In the fourth quarter this season, Carr leads all rookies and is tied for third in the NFL with 10 touchdown passes.

Carr has seen his fair share of third down opportunities, as he leads the NFL with 193 third-down pass attempts and is tied for second in completions with 104. Carr's 11 third-down touchdowns are tied for sixth in the league.

Carr has also been electric inside opponents’ 20-yard line, leading the Raiders to an NFL-best 72.4 touchdown percentage (21-of-29) in the red zone.
    Carr is the fourth rookie QB since 2005 to post at least two games with three passing TDs and a rating of at least 100 (Week 6 vs. SD and Week 14 vs. SF). Those two games have Carr tied for fourth among all rookies in NFL history in games with three TDs and a +100 rating, trailing only Peyton Manning, Dan Marino and Russel Wilson (three each).
    HISTORIC START

QB Derek Carr vaulted himself into rare company following his 4 TD performance in Week 6 vs. San Diego. Carr posted eight TD passes in his first five games, which is the most ever by a rookie quarterback in the first five games of his career. Here is a look at where Carr’s historical start to his career stacks up:

TD PASSES BY ROOKIE QBs (FIRST FIVE GAMES)
    Rank Player Season TD Passes
    1. Derek Carr 2014 - 8
    2t. Andrew Luck 2012 - 7
    2t. Cam Newton 2011 - 7
    2t. Geno Smith 2013 - 7

QB Derek Carr has been completing passes with the kind of pinpoint accuracy only seen a handful of times previously in league history. In his first four games, Carr completed 84-of-133 passes for a completion rate of 63.2 percent. Since 1960, that places Carr second among rookie quarterbacks with at least 100 passing attempts through their first four games. Here is a look:

HIGHEST COMP. % BY ROOKIE QB THROUGH FIRST 4 GAMES (MIN. 100 ATT.)
    Rank Player Year Cmp. %
    1 Robert Griffin III (Was.) 2012 - 69.35
    2 Derek Carr (Oak.) 2014 - 63.16
    3 Chris Weinke (Car.) 2001 - 62.14
    4 Jim Kelly (Buf.) 1986 - 61.17
    5 Russell Wilson (Sea.) 2012 - 60.00
    Last edited by FlyGuy78; 02-16-2015 at 02:55 AM.

And some more...

QB Derek Carr’s success in the NFL is just beginning, but opposing coaches and players are already taking notice. Carr has been praised by some of the brighest minds in football for his poise, maturity and pocket presence. Here is what the NFL community has to say about Carr:
    Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians: “I don’t think there’s any doubt. We knew coming out. When you grow up in a family where your brother’s a quarterback, you tend to – nobody’s in awe of anyone, you’ve seen it though – guys go in the locker room for the first time and they say, ‘Oh my god, there’s so and so,’ and he’s been there since he was a kid, so there’s something for their poise. I noticed it when [Broncos QB] Peyton [Manning] came in – the other kid, [Colts QB] Andrew Luck – they grew up in the locker room with their fathers. Derek, he’s very, very mature and I’m really happy for his success.” – Oct. 15
    Rams S T.J. McDonald: “I think I’ve always thought he was a good quarterback. I’ve always thought one thing about him that’s always stood out is his leadership ability and the intangibles at quarterback. He’s a guy that guys just seem to gravitate towards and always has a positive attitude. That’s one thing I knew that he was going to be able to bring to the NFL, and then also his ability and the throws that he’s got. He’s got a good bloodline, throws the ball really well, can move around pretty well. So I knew he was a good player.” – Nov. 26
    Broncos Head Coach John Fox: “I’ve seen a guy that can make all the throws. He appears, for a young player, to be very smart – I think ahead of his experience. He’s a factor as far as mobility with his speed. I think he’s a tremendous young player.” – Nov. 5
    Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll: “He played great against us and we’ve seen nothing but that, really since [Raiders Interim Head Coach] Tony [Sparano] took over, just the emphasis of really trusting him, believing in him, giving him a chance to win the games. He’s done a lot of marvelous stuff. I can see why they’re excited about him and they’ve demonstrated so much trust and confidence in him by just the nature of the style of offense that they’re willing to throw. He’s shown touch, he’s shown strong arm stuff, he’s shown way down the field stuff, he’s moving well and he looks very comfortable. He looks like a terrific prospect for the years to come and he’s on it right now, he’s got great numbers for the situation and I’m thinking he’s darn good.” – Oct. 29
    Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick: “I think he’s obviously a smart guy. They give him quite a bit of the offense to handle and it looks like he does that well. Quick release, gets the ball out. Obviously athletic and can run – saw the play in the Houston game, the 40-yard run. There are not a lot of quarterbacks in the league that would make that play. I think he’s got a great arm, can make all the throws, and as I said, gets the ball out quick, sees the coverage and doesn’t stand back there and make it hard to protect for him. He’s getting the ball to his skill players and he’s got a good arm. I think the kid’s got a great future.” – Sept. 17

Okay, I'm gonna give you this one Fly, it feels like I am underrating Carr after reading some of that! Especially a few of those quotes.

I'll turn up my expectations for him this year then but I still think people also need to be a bit realistic and understand Carr did certainly struggle in a lot of ways last year. He did not have an RG3/Luck/Wilson type year, though he certainly showed ALL the right things to make him the unquestioned starter.

Though, to be fair to the guy, he was playing for the Raiders, and that's not me hating, just a matter of fact that that was an extremely tough QB job...Should be easier this year with an offense built around workhorsing Murray... Should be.
    Last edited by Kyle; 02-16-2015 at 03:40 AM.

Thank you! And that was my point, doing what he did playing for this shitbox team and the tough schedule they had, pretty impressive. Had he done this on a much better team it would not look as good. I do have higher hopes for him next year especially if they add a few weapons for him and play a more balance (run vs pass) style of offense instead of forcing him to throw it 600 times.

Thread Information