Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Just like the Raiders

Josh McCown: Raiders Interested?
    td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
    Sunday, April 8, 2007 Update: The Lions are reportedly in trade negotiations with the Raiders regarding McCown, the Detroit Free Press reports. Recommendation: The Raiders are thought to be looking to add a veteran QB as they weigh their draft options (QBs JaMarcus Russell/Brady Quinn or wideout Calvin Johnson) with the top pick overall in the upcoming NFL draft.
    Yes...bring in McCown... Brilliant. Just another sign showing that Grandpa Al is looking at Calvin Johnson and not a QB in the draft... What dickbags... Sorry Fly, the Raiders are going to be ass for quite some time.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    haha, yeah I saw this

yeah i saw this too, but it doesn't mean that they aren't taking Russell. They can't just throw the guy into action in Week 1, he will get killed. They need someone who has atleast played an NFL down. Now last week I was scared they were going to pick up David Carr, but after seeing this, I'm wishing we had. I pray things fall threw and we can somehow end up with another veteran QB. McCown is awful.

If they draft Jonhson, McCown could look alright - the kid's got an arm and has always played in shitty situations. Granted, playing for the Raiders is not a great situation, but I think he may surprise.

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    im a niner fan so i love seeing the raiders like this, seeing the raiders play last year was just pathetic they could get peyton manning tomorrow and they still wont be good they have no offensive line whatsoever, any qb they have will have no time to throw and will get sacked crazy amounts like last year until they strengthen their o-line

Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30 View Post
    im a niner fan so i love seeing the raiders like this, seeing the raiders play last year was just pathetic they could get peyton manning tomorrow and they still wont be good they have no offensive line whatsoever, any qb they have will have no time to throw and will get sacked crazy amounts like last year until they strengthen their o-line
    That is why they let go a few of the OL already and signed Cooper Carlisle from DEN, Jeremy Newberry from SF, and Cornell Green from TB (and previously DEN).

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

LJ will get most of the carries now with Bush and Fargas splitting the rest, but I see Bush being the backup and eventually in the future, the starter. I was glad to see them pick this kid up because I was not happy with having Rhodes as a backup.

Senior Member All-Star Motorcat's Avatar
    ^ there still going to suck.

yeah most likely. I say they are 5-11 at best and that is only if Russell starts from the beginning. I'm not too worried about winning this year as we are still rebuilding. We should be a pretty competitive team in a year or two though.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    yeah most likely. I say they are 5-11 at best and that is only if Russell starts from the beginning. I'm not too worried about winning this year as we are still rebuilding. We should be a pretty competitive team in a year or two though.
    So you are saying the Lions finish 4-12 at best?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    LJ will get most of the carries now with Bush and Fargas splitting the rest, but I see Bush being the backup and eventually in the future, the starter. I was glad to see them pick this kid up because I was not happy with having Rhodes as a backup.
    NOW LaMont Jordan will get most of the carries, unfortunately. Rhodes that dumb ass... See, it is actually Fly's fault. He didn't like Rhodes so he went out and smoked up with him knowing the Rhodes would be due for a test. You sneaky bastard Fly! Rhodes was going to be their #1. It was talked about all day today on the NFL Network on Sirius Satellite. McCown is going to start the season. You won't see Russell until the Raiders are pretty much out of contention. So that will be by week 4 or 5. As mentioned before, I LOVE that Bush pick in the draft. The first good move they have done in years!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    So you are saying the Lions finish 4-12 at best?
    Nah... I will give the Lions at worst 7-9. I think they finish at .500, 8-8. Calvin Johnson will have that much of an impact right away. CJ will open up their run game big time. Kevin Jones will have a good year, especially with Tatum Bell and TJ Duckett behind him. The big question is will their defense hold up?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    NOW LaMont Jordan will get most of the carries, unfortunately. Rhodes that dumb ass... See, it is actually Fly's fault. He didn't like Rhodes so he went out and smoked up with him knowing the Rhodes would be due for a test. You sneaky bastard Fly! Rhodes was going to be their #1. It was talked about all day today on the NFL Network on Sirius Satellite. McCown is going to start the season. You won't see Russell until the Raiders are pretty much out of contention. So that will be by week 4 or 5. As mentioned before, I LOVE that Bush pick in the draft. The first good move they have done in years!
    Hilarious

Raiders sign S Darius

By JOSH DUBOW, AP Sports Writer
    July 10, 2007

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- The Oakland Raiders signed former Jacksonville safety Donovin Darius on Tuesday, bolstering a unit that was the strongest on the team during a difficult season last year.

The Raiders had the NFL's third-ranked overall defense and No. 1 ranked pass defense last year, despite finishing with an NFL-worst 2-14 record.

Darius could challenge incumbent starter Stuart Schweigert for playing time, adding veteran leadership to a young secondary. Michael Huff, the team's first-round pick in 2006, is at one safety position, while 2005 first-rounder Fabian Washington and 2003 first-rounder Nnamdi Asomugha are entrenched at cornerback.

"This is an organization that I feel is heading in the right direction with the new coaching staff and the players," Darius said. "I am very optimistic about the change that is taking place within the team."

Darius, who turns 32 next month, had been a mainstay in Jacksonville's secondary since he was the club's first-round pick in the 1998 draft. But the Jaguars released him in June as they try to get younger and faster on defense.

Raiders coach Lane Kiffin worked with Darius previously when he was Jacksonville's defensive quality control coach in 2000.
    "He will bring us strong competition and he gives us added flexibility in our secondary," Kiffin said. "Donovin exemplifies hard work and dedication to the game. Working with Donovin at Jacksonville, I was able to see what a phenomenal competitor he is. He will fit great into our team philosophy."

Darius finished his career in Jacksonville with 614 tackles, 14 interceptions, eight forced fumbles, six fumble recoveries and two sacks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this move. It gives us a veteran in the backfield. What's the average age of those guys, 24?

King Killah, he is also from Camden, NJ!!

Welcome2Pominville All-Star Patriot0103's Avatar
    Saw this earlier, that's a very good signing. Darius is a great safety, and Oakland will obviously need a lot of their D this yr. to try and save face for the offense.

~~~~~~~ITS ALMOST PATRIOT SEASON ~~~~~~~

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    How was he a FA all this time??

Welcome2Pominville All-Star Patriot0103's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Well the Jags released him, because they have a ton of young safeties that they feel are ready and their hoping to go with more youth at DB, plus Darius has an injury history that has haunted them lately.

If you mean, how was he a FA for so long, then who knows...I figured he'd be signed somewhere a while back as well.

~~~~~~~ITS ALMOST PATRIOT SEASON ~~~~~~~

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot0103 View Post
    Well the Jags released him, because they have a ton of young safeties that they feel are ready and their hoping to go with more youth at DB, plus Darius has an injury history that has haunted them lately.

If you mean, how was he a FA for so long, then who knows...I figured he'd be signed somewhere a while back as well.
    That's what I meant.

GM in the Making All-Star keys2aFranchise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    he was released about a month ago.

Raiders safety Cooper suspended
    td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }July 20, 2007
    ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- Oakland safety Jarrod Cooper was suspended on Friday for the Raiders' first four regular season games for violating the NFL's policy on steroids. Cooper, a valuable special teams player for the Raiders, will be allowed to participate in training camp and preseason games. But he won't be able to be on the team's active roster until Oct. 1, the day after the teams' fourth game of the season against Miami.
    Jarrod, Jarrod, Jarrod....

Another nitbag!! What is wrong with these athletes today?

This shit just aggravates me... I don't care if you are the first pick or not. You are a piece of shit until you have proven yourself to be NFL worthy.

Raiders moving forward without No. 1 draft pick JaMarcus Russell
    td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }July 30, 2007
    NAPA, Calif. (AP) -- Oakland Raiders coach Lane Kiffin is worried that rookie quarterback JaMarcus Russell is throwing off his learning curve by staying out of training camp in a contract dispute. "We're now getting to the point where we've had enough practices where it is going to be a disadvantage to him once he does get here because he is going to be behind," Kiffin said
    What a dick! Fly, you even have to agree dude needs to stop worrying about his paycheck and get to camp. I guarantee whatever he gets will be easily the most money he has ever made in his life.

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Time for a rookie salary scale/cap. It's long overdue.

well since rookies always get paid way too much, this shit is going to happen. Just pay the man what he derserves which is a little more than what Mario Williams got last year. They really should cap this shit so this doesn't happen much, but it does every year. They will get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    Time for a rookie salary scale/cap. It's long overdue.
    I know these rookies are getting a ton of $$$, A. Peterson this years #7 overall pick just signed for something like $40 Mil for 4 or 5 years, + $17 Mil is in guaranteed money, I also just read Calvin Johnson wants $30 Mil in guaranteed money.

The Lions claim they don't have that much.....

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    The Lions claim they don't have that much.....
    Yeah but I read they might be able to give him $27.1 Mil.

Report: QB Culpepper works out with Raiders
    td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }July 31, 2007
    OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA (TICKER) -- The Oakland Raiders are taking a look at free-agent quarterback Daunte Culpepper, according to a report on The Oakland Tribune's web site. Culpepper was scheduled to work out for the team on Tuesday morning. According to the newspaper, Raiders' coach Lane Kiffin confirmed on Monday that the team was considering the three-time Pro Bowl selection. On Sunday, Kiffin described contract negotiations between the Raiders and quarterback Jamarcus Russell, the team's No. 1 draft pick, as "going kind of slow."

"We're flying (Culpepper) in," Kiffin told the Tribune. "Any time you have a chance to investigate something that could help our team win, we're going to do it. Obviously, Daunte is something we've been looking into a little bit, and this is the climax of it."
    Yes....

I don't mind him working out for the Raiders. He's had better days than both Walters and McCown, and with Russell holding out right now, I don't think it's a bad idea to see what he's got left in him. Just because he works out doesn't mean we have to sign him.

Thread Information