Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    This Saturday's game will be real good this week as well, Buffalo is in town, Buffalo beat Toronto this past Saturday in Buffalo thanks to Scott Self's goal in OT.
    I'll be there filming the game

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    I'll be there filming the game
    Cool, I'm not sure if I'm going to that game yet, or the Majors vs Petes.

I know three players who play for Buffalo so I'm leaning towards that right now, wont know for sure though till at least Friday.
    Last edited by two24four; 01-24-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Also, if John Tavares (the real JT ) scores a hat trick Saturday night, the 3rd goal will be his 700th NLL goal of his career.

I'm not Rock fan, but what a trade they made today picking up transition man Ryan Sharp from the Minnesota Swarm, he has yet to play a game this season in the NLL and only played in 4 games last season because of work commitments in Toronto, this will make it alot more easy for him to play games.

Sharp is one of the best transition players in lacrosse today.
    Last edited by two24four; 01-26-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Another pretty big trade today in the NLL, Rochester sent F Scott Evans to Edmonton for D Rory Glaves.

Edmonton has only been avg about 7 goals a game or soemthing like that in there frist three games of the season, Evans should help bring that up.

Wow, thw rock almost collapsed...thank god for doyle!

Rock vs Buffalo game last night was awesome, loved all the fights in the 1st, good game as well once they started playing lacrosse.

Took almost an hour to play the 1st QTR, haha.

Sounds like Ryan Sharp who the Rock just traded for has a torn ACL and MCL, it happend last night in the Rock win over Calgary. Means he prob wont be able to play in the MSL this summer as well, which sucks.

Wow, if you get a chance look up the Paul Dawson vs Travis Irving fight from this weekend, Dawson with the big KO, they are already calling it the best KO ever in lacrosse. P. Dawson is one tough dude.

I'm not sure how many are into lacrosse around here, but I see ESPN3 down in the US is going to be picking up some NLL games this season, starting with tomorrow nights game (Rochester vs Toronto) that is on TSN2 here in Canada.

Lacrosse (more so box lacrosse) is so underrated in the sports world IMO.

I love that the Lacrosse thread is titled WTF, Why Would The Toronto Rock Trade Doyle?

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I love that the Lacrosse thread is titled WTF, Why Would The Toronto Rock Trade Doyle?
    You are the one who made this thread

It would be nice if someone could change it though.

I don't think enough people around here anyways like or follow lacrosse I do.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar

Hoping to get to a few Rock games this year, it's been awhile since I've gone to one.

Games you should really look into going to are March 3rd vs Washington, and March 16th vs Buffalo. Tonight's game should be a good one as well vs Rochester, they are back in town Feb 24th though.

I wish Colorado came to Toronto this season but they don't, Toronto goes to Colorado late in the season. John Grant Jr who plays for Colorado is worth the $$$$ for the ticket on his own, in three games so far this season he already has 30 Pts.

John Grant Jr is lighting it up so far this season, in 5 games he has 45 Pts. He's the best lacrosse player in the world IMO, I have always said that. He is on pace for some crazy numbers this season if he can keep this pace up.

Amazing 4th qtr in the rock/bandits game! (good call by the refs on that buzzer beater)

Can't believe the west is Minny vs Edm. Edm was 6-10 during the season.

But with saying that, as long as anyone but the Rock win I will be happy.

Nice to see John Grant Jr win the MVP after setting the all time record for points in a season with 116, after some people thought he was done.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post

so I just saw this... let me know if you guys want it to be something else.

works for me - thx

So both teams in the NLL final this weekend were under .500 during the season. Rochester went 7-9 and Edmonton went 6-10.

My buddy just got drafted by the Rock 25th overall. Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    My buddy just got drafted by the Rock 25th overall. Pretty cool.
    Pereira, nice.

Minny had four picks in the first round out of only 9 picks, that's pretty crazy. They took a kid from town here 2nd overall. Sorensen he's 6'6 and can do everything on a lacrosse floor. Score, shutdown, run, fight. What ever they want.

Pereira, nice.

Minny had four picks in the first round out of only 9 picks, that's pretty crazy. They took a kid from town here 2nd overall. Sorensen he's 6'6 and can do everything on a lacrosse floor. Score, shutdown, run, fight. What ever they want.
    Saw that Minny had 4 picks, that's incredible. Haven't been to a Rock game in years, looks like I might have a couple in my future now. If Toronto is willing to fly Kyle in from Halifax and St. Marys are going to let him go...haha.

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Saw that Minny had 4 picks, that's incredible. Haven't been to a Rock game in years, looks like I might have a couple in my future now. If Toronto is willing to fly Kyle in from Halifax and St. Marys are going to let him go...haha.
    Is he looking forward to playing in the NLL? That Rock coaching staff does not take any shit. You give 120% on that team.

Brad Self who plays for Rochester also played hockey out east, he use to wait till his hockey season was over before playing any games in the NLL. Then he took a few years off from the NLL to play pro hockey over in europe but now he's back playing in the NLL full time.

Is he looking forward to playing in the NLL? That Rock coaching staff does not take any shit. You give 120% on that team.

Brad Self who plays for Rochester also played hockey out east, he use to wait till his hockey season was over before playing any games in the NLL. Then he took a few years off from the NLL to play pro hockey over in europe but now he's back playing in the NLL full time.
    He's really pumped up about it, but I don't know if he realizes how much he's taking onto his plate. I would bet he does something similar to Self. His real love is hockey and he probably has the skills to play in Europe for a couple years.

We're also looking into starting some elite, select hockey camps together so just another thing to do to the list, haha.

If the NHL does not start this season (or even if it does) and you live near an NLL city get out watch some great lacrosse. I think alot of games are on Youtube this season as well. Season starts in January.

Only 9 teams in the league, but pretty much every team is stacked with top end players. Not a bad game on the schedule.
    Last edited by two24four; 12-23-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Best trade I think I have ever heard of took place in the NLL the other day.

Buffalo Bandits GM Steve Dietrich (who is 43 years old) who has been retired from the game for a few years traded for his own playing rights. He was a goalie so he wanted to get his own playing rights in case his team ever needed a 3rd goalie should the other two happen to go down. He gave up a 6th round pick to get his rights.

Was at the Rock game yesterday...jesus did they ever get hammered. Rosey couldn't stop anything.

I watched most of the game. This is one Toronto team I don't mind seeing them lose. Minny is a very good up coming young team.

Thread Information