Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Welcome2Pominville All-Star Patriot0103's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Well Rochester got by Toronto pretty easy which is good, now just need to see who they play after todays game vs Minny & Buffalo.
    Hell of a game for Buffalo...for our backup goalie, Thompson and our defense to shutout the entire second half was just ridiculous. I can't remember the last time I seen a defense shut out an entire half.

Abit of an upset last night, SJ beat Colorado last night 15-14 in OT, did not see that coming at all, with Colorado gone now I think Arizona will come out of the west.
    That surprised me as well, but real good news, because if Buffalo can seek revenge on Rochester this week, it'll mean coming back home for the championship game, which would be just awesome.

~~~~~~~ITS ALMOST PATRIOT SEASON ~~~~~~~

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot0103 View Post
    Hell of a game for Buffalo...for our backup goalie, Thompson and our defense to shutout the entire second half was just ridiculous. I can't remember the last time I seen a defense shut out an entire half.

That surprised me as well, but real good news, because if Buffalo can seek revenge on Rochester this week, it'll mean coming back home for the championship game, which would be just awesome.
    haha not going to happen

Go Rochester Go !!!!

The part that sucks is that the Sabres play on Friday as well. Wish they didn't overlap, because I'd love to head out to Rochester for the game, but I'll be at the Sabres instead.

Nice come from behide win for Rochester tonight down 12-9 in the fourth quarter they come back & goto OT where who else but John Grant scores 26 secs into OT to win the game & win the east & they now will host the NLL Championship Game May 12th vs one of Arizona or San Jose who ever wins there game tomorrow.

Grant had 20 SOG tonight

I have said it from the start of the year I think this is Rochester's year, I know they still have one game left but they are looking good, they also have not lost at home this year, & they will host the final game.

Sorry Patriot0103

Nice come from behide win for Rochester tonight down 12-9 in the fourth quarter they come back & goto OT where who else but John Grant scores 26 secs into OT to win the game & win the east & they now will host the NLL Championship Game May 12th vs one of Arizona or San Jose who ever wins there game tomorrow.

Grant had 20 SOG tonight

I have said it from the start of the year I think this is Rochester's year, I know they still have one game left but they are looking good, they also have not lost at home this year, & they will host the final game.

Sorry Patriot0103
    You don't even understand how pissed I was. They should've never gave up that lead, in OT the attempt to recover the first loose ball after Bomberry won the draw was just pathetic. My buddies and I could've protected that lead better in the last 4 minutes. AHHHHHHHHH, fuck.

I also heard that Rochester will actually be away or at HSBC or something, because I heard they have a circus scheduled at Blue Cross Arena on the 12th haha...not sure if that's true or what they'll do, but that's what I heard.

Arizona it is vs Rochester for the final.

Whoooo hoooo Rochester win the Championship 13-11 in Arizona.

Grant Jr with 8 Pts.

What a year for John Grant Jr, MVP of the league for the season, wins the scroing race with 111 Pts, wins the MVP of the final game, gets his 1st NLL Championship to go along with his 2 Mann Cups (Canadian summer league) & his World Out door Championship won last summer by Canada, & now starting Monday he will try & add to that as he will be playing for Team Canada in the World Indoor Lacrosse Champs, then in 11 days he's back here for the summer league trying to win his 3rd Mann Cup in 4 years, I cant wait for that.

I was right in 4 out of my 8 pre-season predictions....here are the ones I got right.

East winner- Rochester

NLL Champs- Rochester

Goaltender of the year- Cosmo

MVP- Grant Jr

Was it even televised? I went to one Rock game this year and that is about as much as I heard about the NLL -- didn;t see any games on TV at all.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Was it even televised? I went to one Rock game this year and that is about as much as I heard about the NLL -- didn;t see any games on TV at all.
    Yup, Sportsnet showed it last night at 7pm on tape delay, the game was played at 4pm live.

Sportsnet showed about 8-10 Rock games this year, I dont like them but I watched a few cause it was Lacrosse.

Sportsnet showed about 8-10 Rock games this year, I dont like them but I watched a few cause it was Lacrosse.
    Hell yea, any lacrosse is worth watching.

Damn, really wish lacrosse was bigger around here. Really don't see shit about the World Indoors or the Canada Summer League (WLA/MSL) or whatever. So twofour, feel free to send me updates haha.

Least I get to catch some MLL once in a while.

Hell yea, any lacrosse is worth watching.

Damn, really wish lacrosse was bigger around here. Really don't see shit about the World Indoors or the Canada Summer League (WLA/MSL) or whatever. So twofour, feel free to send me updates haha.

Least I get to catch some MLL once in a while.
    MSL is great, I love it, it's already started, yeah for sure I can give updates.

The team I cheer for here in town (the Lakers) have played two games & have won both games, they have won the Mann Cup 2 of the last 3 years & are stocked up with alot of stars looking to go for it again this year, some key players on the team you should know from the NLL are... John Grant Jr, Dan Carey, Scott Evans, Patty O'Tool, Tracy Kelusky, Jason Crosbie, Ryan Cousins, Scott Self, Kyle Laverty, Chris White, Jason Clark, Mat Giles, John Wasson, Peter Lough etc.....
    Last edited by two24four; 06-07-2007 at 12:09 PM.

Wow Patriot what a gme tonight, with about 13.9 secs left in the 2nd, oh yes a bench clearing brawl, what a gong show, (really fun to watch though ) Laverty fought 4 times in a span of about 5-10 mins, guys where calling him on right after he would kick the piss out the guy he was already fighting, & he was more then willing, (I think he would have fought the hole team lol) just when you thought everything was coming to an end off they went again & everyone picked a partner & it all started up again, some guys even fighting two guys at a time, that happend about 3 or 4 times atleast.

Every player in the game was given a 2 min penalty & a game, so the game ended right there.

The other teams coaches near the end of it all started throwing balls, water bottles anything they could find at the Lakers bench trying to get there coaches to fight lol, they even went out too centre calling them all out.

Wow Patriot what a gme tonight, with about 13.9 secs left in the 2nd, oh yes a bench clearing brawl, what a gong show, (really fun to watch though ) Laverty fought 4 times in a span of about 5-10 mins, guys where calling him on right after he would kick the piss out the guy he was already fighting, & he was more then willing, (I think he would have fought the hole team lol) just when you thought everything was coming to an end off they went again & everyone picked a partner & it all started up again, some guys even fighting two guys at a time, that happend about 3 or 4 times atleast.

Every player in the game was given a 2 min penalty & a game, so the game ended right there.

The other teams coaches near the end of it all started throwing balls, water bottles anything they could find at the Lakers bench trying to get there coaches to fight lol, they even went out too centre calling them all out.
    Holy shit. That is absolutely crazy.

I heard some of the Lakers games are carried on here... http://lakers.lax-tv.com/

I'm going to check it out, and hopefully catch a few games.

Little update for ya Patriot0103 on how the MSL season is going...

Well the Reg season ended last night with the Lakers coming in 1st place (whoo hoo ) after going 14-3-1, so they will get a a 1st round bye going into the playoffs, Barrie who came in 2nd also will get a 1st round bye.

The playoffs are alittle diff from the NLL, the 1st round is best 3 out of 5 & the last two rounds are best of 7, which I like much more then just the one game playoffs they have in the NLL.

Kyle Laverty missed most of the season with two suspensions, the 1st one was 3 games for his part in the bench clearing brawl, then he was back for one game & got into a fight & the ref game him a game misconduct, which was his 3rd of the year, in this league after 3 game misconducts you get a 6 game suspension, so he missed 9 games out of 18 with suspensions lol.

Lakers are looking real good again this season & are looking to win there 4th MSL Championship in a row, which would give them a chance to win the Mann Cup again for the 2nd time in a row & 3rd in 4 years.

Awesome, thanks for the update. Sounds like they have a good chance at taking it again.

How about the NLL trades that went down the other day..some big time movement.....

Buffalo deals Steve Dietrich and Kyle Couling to Calgary for Taylor Wray, 2007 1st Rd. (10th overall), and 2008 2nd Rd.

Buffalo then trades Taylor Wray, Jason Crosby, and Future Considerations to Phily for Sean Greenhalgh.

Calgary also got Ian Llord from Phily in the 3 team deal.

In a separate trade, Edmonton traded their 2009 1st rounder to Rochester for Mike Accursi.

I think I'm liking this deal for Buffalo. As good as Dietrich was, he's on the downfall of his career, and Mike Thompson is a capable #1. Crosby is easily the biggest loss for the Bandits, but Greenhalgh should be a star in this league (having already lead Phily in scoring in his 1st two NLL seasons).

Awesome, thanks for the update. Sounds like they have a good chance at taking it again.

How about the NLL trades that went down the other day..some big time movement.....

Buffalo deals Steve Dietrich and Kyle Couling to Calgary for Taylor Wray, 2007 1st Rd. (10th overall), and 2008 2nd Rd.

Buffalo then trades Taylor Wray, Jason Crosby, and Future Considerations to Phily for Sean Greenhalgh.

Calgary also got Ian Llord from Phily in the 3 team deal.

In a separate trade, Edmonton traded their 2009 1st rounder to Rochester for Mike Accursi.

I think I'm liking this deal for Buffalo. As good as Dietrich was, he's on the downfall of his career, and Mike Thompson is a capable #1. Crosby is easily the biggest loss for the Bandits, but Greenhalgh should be a star in this league (having already lead Phily in scoring in his 1st two NLL seasons).
    Yeah that was a pretty big trade that went down, I'm no Buffalo fan but they seem to have made out pretty well here I agree, they are getting younger, but while doing that they are picking up some young guys that are looking like they could be stars, trading Dietrich was a good move they have two pretty good young goalies right now in Thompson & Sams, & did not seem to miss Dietrich when he was hurt for most of this past season.

Being a Rochester fan I have to say I also like the Accursi deal, he's good & I like him, but he's getting up there in age, a 1st round pick should step right in play some good mins, & also make them abit younger, I think soon you are going to see Rochester build around Shawn Evans, Scott Evans & John Grant Jr, more so the Evans boys though, they are still pretty young, Shawn is going to be a top 5 player in this league one day you'll see.

Might be time soon for Rochester to start thinking about also drafting a goalie or trading for a pretty good one, I have heard O'Tool might retire in the next couple of years.
    Last edited by two24four; 07-27-2007 at 09:08 AM.

Another update for you Patriot on how the MSL playoffs are going....not sure if you have been coming on here the last little while or not.

Right now the Lakers are playing Brampton in the finals for the 5th year in a row, Lakers came 1st during the season so they have home floor for the best of 7, game 1 Brampton came out flying and beat the Lakers 8-2 on the road, Lakers came back and took game 2 in Brampton 12-9, then again Brampton won game 3 on the road 11-6, then in Brampton for game 4 the Lakers won 11-10 in double OT, then finally the Lakers won a home game last night 9-4 to go up 3-2 and with a win tomorrow night in Brampton can win the MSL and move onto the Mann Cup for the 4th year in row, man I hope the Lakers can finish them off tomorrow night.

Rochester traded John Grant Jr and Mac Allen yesterday to Colorado for goalie Matt Vinc.

Guess I will be watching more Colorado games this season, they just got alot better both on offence and D with Jr up front and Allen on the back end.

Here is a pre-season game last week between the Toronto Rock and the Buffalo Bandits in Six Nations, ended up in a bench clearing brawl, which is what this video is of.

Toronto is in Black, Buffalo in Orange.

These teams play each other three times this season, should make for some good games.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpEcUiE3gGc"]YouTube - Bench Clearing Lacrosse Brawl[/ame]
    Last edited by two24four; 12-22-2010 at 01:36 AM.

^ there were some good tussles in there....too bad the camera didn't zoom in on some of them!

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    ^ there were some good tussles in there....too bad the camera didn't zoom in on some of them!
    I know, I cant tell who's who in most of the fights.

I'm pretty sure the goalie for Buffalo is Goodleaf, but he's about the only one I can pick out, I'm guessing one of the goalies for Toronto is Campbell, he loves fighting, teams have even dressed him as a forward at times when he's not going to play goal just to have him in the lineup to fight if needed.

I cant wait, Jan 8th the NLL season gets going.

There was more fights in that game then just that brawl in the 1st video I posted, here is another video that shows even more fights before that, it was a very, very rough game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYNKBeSaNt0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Toronto vs Buffalo preseason recap[/ame]

Has me thinking about going to see these teams play in Toronto this season.

1 day sale on toronto rock tickets

http://touch.groupon.com/toronto

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Nice find.

You guys get to many Rock games?

I cant stand the Rock, (one Toronto team I dont cheer for) but I love lacrosse so I will go down to the games to see some good lacrosse, and cheer on some of the players I know on other teams. TSN2 shows alot of the Rock games as well.

Boston is going to be a scary team this season with Dan Dawson, Josh Sanderson and Casey Powell up front (all three where 1, 2, 3 last season in the MVP voting) and Anthony Cosmo in net. Buffalo and Toronto will give them a run though in the East.

NLL season starts next Saturday night (Jan 8th) can't wait.

You guys get to many Rock games?
    I used to go to a couple games each year, but haven't been in a couple of years.

Great game tonight between Toronto and Boston, could not have asked for a better game, to bad Toronto won though.

Great game tonight between Toronto and Boston, could not have asked for a better game, to bad Toronto won though.
    I watched the last half of the game + the OT - great game!! (my buddy #12 is soooooo dirty! )

This Saturday's game will be real good this week as well, Buffalo is in town, Buffalo beat Toronto this past Saturday in Buffalo thanks to Scott Self's goal in OT.

Thread Information