Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot0103
    haha, how the hell do you know that he is friends with a lot of the Chicago guys?
    I know Grant & alot of the Rochester & Chicago players, plus they all play together on the same team here in town in the summer.
    Last edited by two24four; 02-02-2007 at 03:09 PM.

Guys from the NLL who play on the same team here in town during the summer are...

Rochester:

Grant
    Evans x2
    O'Tool
    Croswell
    Miron

Chicago:

Clark
    Giles
    Panos
    Wasson
    Gibson
    Collins
    Hobbins
    Dupont

Buffalo:

White
    Laverty
    Crosbie

Arizona:

Self
    Grimes
    Lough

Calgary:
    Kelsusky

Minnesota:

Couisns

Portland:

Sharp

Colorado:

Carey

Edmonton:

Welsh

Plus all of Chicago's coaching staff is the same coaching staff as here as well.
    Last edited by two24four; 02-02-2007 at 03:26 PM.

Welcome2Pominville All-Star Patriot0103's Avatar
    That's right!! I forgot about that. Now that I think about it, I think we had this convo last year about how you went to school with a lot of them. I didn't realize that Grant was one of the ones you knew. Laverty is awesome though. He got in a fight game, he doesn't take shit from anyone.

~~~~~~~ITS ALMOST PATRIOT SEASON ~~~~~~~

That's right!! I forgot about that. Now that I think about it, I think we had this convo last year about how you went to school with a lot of them. I didn't realize that Grant was one of the ones you knew. Laverty is awesome though. He got in a fight game, he doesn't take shit from anyone.
    haha, hell no, he's nuts when he fights, I think alot of people look at him & see a slim guy, but he can go with the best of them, & is always willing to fight.

Here is a link to the team here in town

http://www.peterboroughlakers.ca/

Hey Patriot0103 what the hell happend?? so much for the Rock going 0-5, damn.

I see Manning put up 11 Pts.

Looks like Lavs had a busy night haha, 1 goal & 13 PIM's

How was the Bonterre fight?

Quote Originally Posted by two24four
    Hey Patriot0103 what the hell happend?? so much for the Rock going 0-5, damn.

I see Manning put up 11 Pts.

Looks like Lavs had a busy night haha, 1 goal & 13 PIM's

How was the Bonterre fight?
    Anhh.. Wasn't even a fight. Was more of Bonterre teeing off..no fists thrown. I've never seen so many ridiculous penalties in my life. Not like we deserved to win, but the refs helped buries us right out of the gates. (and I don't blame officials much).

Laverty actually was one of the Bandits that played a decent game. He had an amazing loose ball pick up in front of our own net, that he picked up and took all the way back to score. Just an awful game in general. Hopefully, revenge will come tomorrow.

Anhh.. Wasn't even a fight. Was more of Bonterre teeing off..no fists thrown. I've never seen so many ridiculous penalties in my life. Not like we deserved to win, but the refs helped buries us right out of the gates. (and I don't blame officials much).

Laverty actually was one of the Bandits that played a decent game. He had an amazing loose ball pick up in front of our own net, that he picked up and took all the way back to score. Just an awful game in general. Hopefully, revenge will come tomorrow.
    Good for Lavs, he really is a good player, just sometimes he would rather fight then play.

Good for Lavs, he really is a good player, just sometimes he would rather fight then play.
    Twice Tavares had to push Laverty away from an official. Not like it mattered, but was kind of funny.

Twice Tavares had to push Laverty away from an official. Not like it mattered, but was kind of funny.
    haha, yup that's him, he does not take shit from anyone, funny cause he were's an "A" during the summer league here, so the refs have to let him talk to them some what.

Lose to the Rock twice in a row now. What the fuck? I didn't see this coming, and honestly I don't know what to think now. 99 PIM in two days. WOW. Just unacceptable. White, Teat, and Laverty all got tossed. Frustrating.
    Last edited by Patriot0103; 02-04-2007 at 01:16 AM.

Wow, Buffalo goes down in back to back games to the Rock, I thought at worst they would go 1-1, sounds like the PIM's are what did in Buffalo, they may want to fix that prob or they will be on the out side looking in come playoff time.

Wow, Buffalo goes down in back to back games to the Rock, I thought at worst they would go 1-1, sounds like the PIM's are what did in Buffalo, they may want to fix that prob or they will be on the out side looking in come playoff time.
    Yea, I'm pretty worried. It's early though, so we'll see what happens. If they stay out of the box, they can play with anyone imo.

Buffalo pulled out a tight win vs Chicago the other night, I checked the score at half & it was 7-3 for Buffalo, then saw that they only won by a goal, good for Chicago for making it a game.

I have been thinking about heading to the ACC this Sunday to check out Chicago in Toronto this weekend, not sure yet though.

Buffalo pulled out a tight win vs Chicago the other night, I checked the score at half & it was 7-3 for Buffalo, then saw that they only won by a goal, good for Chicago for making it a game.

I have been thinking about heading to the ACC this Sunday to check out Chicago in Toronto this weekend, not sure yet though.
    Yea, barely hung on to it. That was a big win for us. Hopefully we can take the next 2 against Phily and climb right back up the standings.

The Toronto-Chicago game should be interesting. I think Toronto is going to take that game.. After watching them vs. Buffalo, I think they are much better than their start indicated. I go to all the Buffalo games, I don't really plan on making a road trip unless I go to Rochester for the 2nd half of the home and home thruway series at the end of the season.

Yea, barely hung on to it. That was a big win for us. Hopefully we can take the next 2 against Phily and climb right back up the standings.

The Toronto-Chicago game should be interesting. I think Toronto is going to take that game.. After watching them vs. Buffalo, I think they are much better than their start indicated. I go to all the Buffalo games, I don't really plan on making a road trip unless I go to Rochester for the 2nd half of the home and home thruway series at the end of the season.
    Dont count out Chicago, yeah they are a 1st year team but they are good, alot of there players have played together for awhile now, plus this is like a home game for Chicago as well as about 95% of there team is from Ontario as well, that & they practice in Six Nations Ontario, I know for a fact there will be tons of fans for Chicago on Sunday, so I'm sure they will come out playing hard, not matter who wins it should be a good game though, here is to a Rock loss
    Last edited by two24four; 02-13-2007 at 10:31 AM.

Dont count out Chicago, yeah they are a 1st year team but they are good, alot of there players have played together for awhile now, plus this is like a home game for Chicago as well as about 95% of there team is from Ontario as well, that & they practice in Six Nations Ontario, I know for a fact there will be tons of fans for Chicago on Sunday, so I'm sure they will come out playing hard, not matter who wins it should be a good game though, here is to a Rock loss
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not counting Chicago out at all, I just have a feeling that Toronto's going to win that game. I can't stand the Rock, I'd love to see Chicago go farther than them, but I guess a Rock win would help the Bandits in the standings, so I'm not sure who I want haha.

Well I was going to goto the game tomorrow but forgot the Daytona 500 is tomorrow as well, so I will just watch both on TV now, dont want to miss the 500.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Well I was going to goto the game tomorrow but forgot the Daytona 500 is tomorrow as well, so I will just watch both on TV now, dont want to miss the 500.
    Sounds like a win/win. I can't wait to see the Bandits game vs. Phily tonight on TV. I love when they show the away games, because only about 4 of our games are covered, and I see all the home games anyways.

I'll be at the Sabres game though, so I'll have to DVR it...it'll be like my own tape delay though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot0103 View Post
    Sounds like a win/win. I can't wait to see the Bandits game vs. Phily tonight on TV. I love when they show the away games, because only about 4 of our games are covered, and I see all the home games anyways.

I'll be at the Sabres game though, so I'll have to DVR it...it'll be like my own tape delay though I guess.
    Yeah should be a good game, I would love to see Snider from Philly fight Lavs, that would be a great fight.

Yeah should be a good game, I would love to see Snider from Philly fight Lavs, that would be a great fight.
    Yea, I wouldn't count on it though. After we had 99 PIM vs. Toronto in 2 nights, there's been a lot of the stay discipline talk, which they did a good job of vs. Chicago. You never know though, it's very possible. Especially when I can imagine Phily will come out and try to aggrevate the Bandits.

Rochester with another big win last night 18-12 over Portland, Grant with 8 Pts for 53 Pts in 7 games, to go one point up on Tavares for the league lead, Grant has also played one less game then most cause he was suspended for the 2nd game of the year.

Rochester is now 1.5 games up on Philly for 1st in the east.

I see Buffalo won for ya Patriot0103, only 15 PIM's for Buffalo in the game, that's much better, to bad Lavs & Snider did not fight, that would have been good, Lavs with two goals in his last 2 games, what's going on, & he had an assist, good for him though, he's much better then some people think.

Well Chicago blew that game today, going into the half it was 8-4 Chicago, after 3 it was 8-8, so Chicago did not score untill the 4th Q again after the half & lost 11-10, one good thing is every game this year Chicago has been in right untill the final buzzer, which is good for a 1st year team, they gave the Rock a good run for there money.

Rochester became the 1st team in the East to land a playoff spot tonight, 21-15 win over NY & are now 10-2 on the year & looking great.

Scott Evans with 10 Pts tonight, Shawn Williams with 11 Pts, & John Grant Jr with 8 Pts, I would love to see a Rochester vs Colorado final.

Patriot0103 I see your Buffalo team gave Colorado only there 2nd loss on the year, that's cool, Tavares with 13 Pts.

Rochester became the 1st team in the East to land a playoff spot tonight, 21-15 win over NY & are now 10-2 on the year & looking great.

Scott Evans with 10 Pts tonight, Shawn Williams with 11 Pts, & John Grant Jr with 8 Pts, I would love to see a Rochester vs Colorado final.

Patriot0103 I see your Buffalo team gave Colorado only there 2nd loss on the year, that's cool, Tavares with 13 Pts.
    Last nights game was sick as hell. Real close game all the way through. Tavares playing great. Right at the end of the game Laverty was coming down on the empty net, and he waited for Tavares so he could get him another one, it was sweet to see him do that. 10 more for the record.

I can't wait to see the home and home vs. Rochester. Those are going to be awesome.

Last nights game was sick as hell. Real close game all the way through. Tavares playing great. Right at the end of the game Laverty was coming down on the empty net, and he waited for Tavares so he could get him another one, it was sweet to see him do that. 10 more for the record.

I can't wait to see the home and home vs. Rochester. Those are going to be awesome.
    Yeah Lavs is good shit, team always comes 1st with him, which is good.

Yeah Buffalo vs Rochester should be some good games.

Good showing by Rochester last night.

I'm a little worried now. Rochester took it to us pretty good last night. Not like we got blown out, but that was a huge game to lose. Hoping for a better showing tonight. Sucks that Dietrich went down (to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if his career is over. He was in a world of pain and even left on a stretcher. If he tore up his knee again, that's probably it.) Thompson has been solid when he's played so far this yr. though, so I don't see a problem in that regard.

Rochester has really been playing great for awhile now, they want to win so bad this year, looks like the scoring champ will come down to tonight's game with Grant up 3 Pts on JT, Go Grant Go

Grant, Evans x2, Williams, O'Tool, have all been playing great.

with Grant up 3 Pts on JT, Go Grant Go
    He wouldn't have caught Grant anyways. Would have liked to see him have a shot, but sitting JT on Saturday was a good call. Now I guess it's time to turn to the playoffs for revenge.

He wouldn't have caught Grant anyways. Would have liked to see him have a shot, but sitting JT on Saturday was a good call. Now I guess it's time to turn to the playoffs for revenge.
    Rochester vs Toronto 1st round of the playoffs this friday night in Rochester, I hope Rochester takes it right to the Rock.

Grant should win his 1st MVP this year now.

Well Rochester got by Toronto pretty easy which is good, now just need to see who they play after todays game vs Minny & Buffalo.

Abit of an upset last night, SJ beat Colorado last night 15-14 in OT, did not see that coming at all, with Colorado gone now I think Arizona will come out of the west.

Thread Information