Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I remember a time when People use to say John Grant Jr can't win the big game. Well he just won his 3rd MLL championship today. Oh and he was named MVP for the playoffs. He's also won 5 Mann Cups, 3 Golds with team Canada, 1 NLL championship and MVP

One of the best ever, if not the best.

So in the Mann Cup tonight (which is the Stanley Cup for Canadian box lacrosse) both Six Nations goalies were tossed from the game. Toronto Rock captain Colin Doyle who plays for Six Nations in the summer had to finish the game in net. He made 6 saves. They won 11-7.

I saw that...good stuff!

Unreal goal scored by John Grant Jr last night. This is why he is a legend and will go down as the best lacrosse player ever IMO when he's done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNZm5BqB9_0

Did you grow up with him in the pete?

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Did you grow up with him in the pete?
    No he's a bit older then me. I did work with him though and got to know him.

Things he can do with a lacrosse stick is just unreal. He's always working on his stick skills.

Best play I saw him do was he had a man all over him, he couldn't find anyone to pass the ball to, so he drove towards the net then threw the ball off the glass behind the goalie back to himself, he went right to where he knew the ball would go caught it then scored a behind the back goal.

Just bought 4 tickets to Saturday's Rock game vs Rochester. The tickets we bought are just over $300 for the 4. The same seats for a Leafs game are about $300 for one seat.

Go Rochester! I'll be cheering for the Self brothers.
    Last edited by two24four; 03-11-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Heading down to the game tomorrow night as well. First time since last years playoff disappointment.

Nice should be a good one. These two teams don't like each other.

Huge loss for the Rock as Billings tore his ACL last night. He's one of if not the best players in the game today. He was on pace to break the record for most points in a season set by Grant Jr just a few seasons ago.

I know not a lot of people follow lacrosse here, but John Tavares (the hockey playing John Tavares`uncle) is coming back to the NLL this season for his 24th season at 46 years old. He`s still getting it done as well, not like he once did, but he put up 51 points last season in 16 games.

It`s to bad lacrosse doesn't get looked at like the NHL, MLB, NFL and NBA. Because just like Jeter he`s all class and holds almost every NLL record there is.

I'm not a Toronto Rock fan, just a lacrosse fan when it comes to the NLL. But it's crazy no one is talking about them around Toronto, they are 9-1 so far this season. That's also without Doyle and Billings.

John Grant Jr is doing his best Jagr impersonation in the NLL this season. He's 42 years old. After 6 games so far he's 3rd in the NLL in Pts this season with 35. He also just picked up his 1400th career NLL point last night. Still a ways to go to catch John Tavares and his 1749 Pts though.

Senior Member Second Liner
    Took in my first Rush game last weekend.... WOW! Thank you Edmonton, for the great team.

I have had some exposure to the sport a few years ago but had forgotten how awesome it is. The Rush are averaging 14,000 fans a game and the place was rockin' from start to finish. I'm definitely going again!! It helps that the Rush are the defending Champs and are currently tied for first in their division.

I'd recommend for anyone that has an NLL team nearby to check it out.

Go RUSH!!

John Grant Jr scored 10 goals last night playing for his field lacrosse team in the MLL. It's a new league record for most goals in a game.

He's also right now playing in his last season with the Peterborough Lakers of the MSL. He still going to play in the MLL and NLL a bit longer but he's calling it a career in summer box after these playoffs. He's been looking like the Grant Jr of a few years ago. Hopefully he can get his six Mann Cup ring with the Lakers before though.

He's the best lacrosse player ever in my eyes for what he's done in the NLL, MSL, MLL and Internationally for Canada both in box and field. Oh by the way, he's 41 years old.

Colin Doyle retired today. All the greats from the 90's-00's are slowly hanging up the sticks.

John Grant Jr retired from field lacrosse today. He's now retired from 2 of the 3 leagues he plays in. Just the NLL left. He's only played in 2 NLL games at the start of this season so I'm guessing it's coming soon for the NLL as well. Someone said not long ago that his legs retired 10 years ago but his mind and hands kept him in the game. His last MLL game (field lacrosse) he scored 10 goals.

I wish lacrosse was just as big as the 4 major sports leagues because he would be talked about in the same breath as Gretzky, Jordan, Brady, Griffey Jr etc....if so.

He's already getting into coaching which I think everyone thought he would. He was like a player/coach on every team he played for without really saying he's a coach.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-19-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Thread Information