PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get a name put on a jersey?

toronto1979
03-03-2015, 11:34 AM
I live in Burlington, ON. I've see people getting nameplates & numbers put on jerseys at the main souvenir shop at the ACC. Is that the best/cheapest place to get it done?

Or am I better off going to a place like Sportchek?

Doctego
03-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Here's my $0.02. I bought a jersey online that looked good except the name plate was cheap mesh and really shitty. I got a stitch remover and took off the crappy one and brought it to the Flyers game. They charged me $20 to put a new one on. I would assume that you guys have more options up there but this worked for me. Not sure about numbers.

phaneuf6
03-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Just bring it to the ACC.

chgorman
03-03-2015, 03:56 PM
I'm sure there's gotta be somebody in Hamilton or Burlington who could do it for you. Have you tried googling embroidery in Hamilton/Burlington? I imagine any place that does team jerseys for local kids' hockey leagues, man's/rec leagues, etc., could probably do it for you.

Is it an NHL jersey? If so, do you need the real deal, legit numbers and nameplates, or is it just a random jersey that you want to put a simple name and number on? If it's the latter, just about any team uniform supplier could probably do it.

toronto1979
03-04-2015, 12:39 PM
Is it an NHL jersey? If so, do you need the real deal, legit numbers and nameplates, or is it just a random jersey that you want to put a simple name and number on? If it's the latter, just about any team uniform supplier could probably do it.
It's a Leafs jersey. I'd prefer the "legit" nameplates & numbers. I wasn't sure if there are retailers aside from Real Sports who are licensed to do it.

I also have a throwback Colorado Rockies jersey which I've toyed with putting "Cherry" on the back, even though he was the coach and not a player, which I assume I couldn't get done at the ACC.

toronto1979
03-04-2015, 12:39 PM
Just bring it to the ACC.
Any idea how much it is?

phaneuf6
03-05-2015, 12:42 PM
Any idea how much it is?

No idea. I know it's cheaper if it's a custom name as opposed to a players name, but no idea of the exact figure.

Doctego
03-05-2015, 02:44 PM
No idea. I know it's cheaper if it's a custom name as opposed to a players name, but no idea of the exact figure.

That's surprising since they should already have the player names on hand.

phaneuf6
03-05-2015, 02:55 PM
That's surprising since they should already have the player names on hand.

Probably licensing rights. My buddy's family had to show ID that said it was actually THEIR name (and his name coincidentally) that they were having put on the jersey, to save themselves a few bucks.

Doctego
03-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Probably licensing rights. My buddy's family had to show ID that said it was actually THEIR name (and his name coincidentally) that they were having put on the jersey, to save themselves a few bucks.

I like that policy. Probably saves a bunch of people from getting their own name on the jersey.

toronto1979
03-05-2015, 05:25 PM
I like that policy. Probably saves a bunch of people from getting their own name on the jersey.
I think you got it backwards. It's cheaper to put your own name on the Jersey - which is lame.

I was thinking I'd put JOKINEN 11 on it for shits & giggles... will be a funny throwback in 5 years.

Doctego
03-05-2015, 05:30 PM
I think you got it backwards. It's cheaper to put your own name on the Jersey - which is lame.

I was thinking I'd put JOKINEN 11 on it for shits & giggles... will be a funny throwback in 5 years.

I was referring to labor cost only. If I want to put Giroux on a jersey, they probably have tons of them ready to go. If I want to put Doctego on a jersey, they'd have to make that.

b_illin
03-05-2015, 05:47 PM

Or not so coincidental lol

toronto1979
03-05-2015, 10:35 PM
I was referring to labor cost only. If I want to put Giroux on a jersey, they probably have tons of them ready to go. If I want to put Doctego on a jersey, they'd have to make that.

And yet Doctego is cheaper.

The way I read his post was if I want to Jokinen on my jersey it'll be $25. If I want to put my own name it'll be $20. If my last name happens to be Jokinen I have to prove it to get the cheaper price. So the method with more presumed labour, costs less. That policy encourages people to go the cheaper route with their own name over an NHLer that would cost more.

b_illin
03-05-2015, 10:45 PM
I always thought it was priced per letter

Doctego
03-05-2015, 10:49 PM
And yet Doctego is cheaper.

The way I read his post was if I want to Jokinen on my jersey it'll be $25. If I want to put my own name it'll be $20. If my last name happens to be Jokinen I have to prove it to get the cheaper price. So the method with more presumed labour, costs less. That policy encourages people to go the cheaper route with their own name over an NHLer that would cost more.

That price difference should be evened out with a kick to the nuts, IMHO. I hate it when people get their own name on a jersey, unless it's a kid. They get a pass.

two24four
03-06-2015, 08:19 AM
That price difference should be evened out with a kick to the nuts, IMHO. I hate it when people get their own name on a jersey, unless it's a kid. They get a pass.

Agreed. I've never liked that as well.

toronto1979
03-07-2015, 01:05 AM
100%, you gotta EARN that place on a jersey.

However, I have a Leafs jersey my parents bought for me for my 10th birthday (1989), it has my first name on the back and #10. I can't even get it over my head, but my wife wears it occasionally. Looks good on her.