Norris - Doughty
Vezina - Quick
Calder - Gibson
Jack Adams - Bob Hartley (CAL)

Stanley Cup - Boston over Chicago
Conn Smythe - Lucic

Kyle
10-07-2014, 08:08 AM
:lol: The contract Johansen ended up settling for...wow...His agent is officially the clown of the week for the NHL. Not because it's a bad deal, but because it's so perfectly ordinary and status-quo, that the camp/preseason time lost becomes entirely worthless, and a detriment to his agent and the team that employs him mutually. That agent needs to be fired. Johansen got the money (12 mill, 3 years) that any team would've given a player with his production and potential and he can chase his real contract in three years. Why his agent ever thought he'd get a 7+ year deal at 7+ mill is beyond me

alias
10-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Art Ross - Crosby
Hart - Crosby
Maurice Richard - Tavares
Selke - Toews
Lady Byng - O'Reilly
Norris - Weber
Vezina - Price
Calder - Draisaitl
Jack Adams - Roy (I wanted to say Capuano but couldn't bring myself to that)

Stanley Cup: Chicago over Montreal
Conn Smythe - Toews

Random prediction: Boston won't win the East and the Isles will place in the top 6.

Hamsterkill
10-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Art Ross- Crosby
Hart- Tavares
Maurice Richard- Ovechkin
Selke- Nielsen
Lady Byng- Marleau
Norris- Suter
Vezina- Luongo
Calder- Drouin
Jack Adams- Willie Desjardins

Stanley Cup: St. Louis over Tampa Bay
Conn Smythe- Pietrangelo

Random prediction: Despite all the additions, the Isles still just barely miss the playoffs.

am78
10-11-2014, 01:01 PM
:lol: The contract Johansen ended up settling for...wow...His agent is officially the clown of the week for the NHL. Not because it's a bad deal, but because it's so perfectly ordinary and status-quo, that the camp/preseason time lost becomes entirely worthless, and a detriment to his agent and the team that employs him mutually. That agent needs to be fired. Johansen got the money (12 mill, 3 years) that any team would've given a player with his production and potential and he can chase his real contract in three years. Why his agent ever thought he'd get a 7+ year deal at 7+ mill is beyond me

Yes but the key to this deal is how it is structered it is $12 million but its 3-3-6...That last year is very important as he will still be an RFA BUT They have to qualify him at $6 million...so while the cap is $4 million its very shrewd way to gurante a larger contract after this one

Kyle
10-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Good to see you dude!

Good point. It just certainly feels like they could've reached this middle ground considerably quicker if they hadn't postured about at the beginning and wasted time with the initial asking price of 7mill.