PDA

View Full Version : Ducks (1) vs Kings (6)

two24four
05-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Should be another great series as long as the Kings have anything left after running off 4 straight wins. Kings will need Quick to play like he did the last 4 games.

Ducks in 7.

Doctego
05-01-2014, 10:48 AM
This should be a fun series to watch. LAK in 7, just because both of these teams always make it interesting.

Gern Blansten
05-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Agree with Doc and 24 that this will be a fun series to watch. Quick will be the difference...again...LA in 7.

Kyle
05-01-2014, 11:04 AM
meh. Why am I not excited like the rest of you about this. Feels like such a bullshit compensatory prize after losing out on SJ/Ana. Fukin A. LA is so much less fun to watch.

Ducks in 5 convincing games that reminds people SJ just blew it.

alias
05-02-2014, 12:32 AM
ducks in 6

Rocklobster
05-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Ducks in 6. Going to be a fun series. I wonder who will start for the ducks, Andersen or Hiller?

Dubz
05-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Ducks in 6. Going to be a fun series. I wonder who will start for the ducks, Andersen or Hiller?

Gibson :p

Rocklobster
05-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Honestly I wouldn't mind if it were Gibson. Kid is super talented and in the past, ANH has been known to play their younger goalies in the post season.

two24four
05-02-2014, 12:02 PM
I've said this before. Gibson is already the best goalie the Ducks have.

Hamsterkill
05-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Gibson is back in Norfolk at moment, where the Ducks and Kings affiliates are three games into their playoff series.

Doctego
05-03-2014, 10:21 PM
The next jersey that I buy will be a #11 LAK jersey. Kopitar is one of the best players in the league that nobody knows about.

Kyle
05-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Man the Ducks love to find heartbreaking ways to lose.

two24four
05-04-2014, 09:28 AM
The next jersey that I buy will be a #11 LAK jersey. Kopitar is one of the best players in the league that nobody knows about.

People that didn't know him well will now after the season plus the playoffs he's having. He's going to get a few votes for MVP this season. He's the early Conn Smythe winner so far.

Doug MacLean keeps saying that the 2005 draft is part of the reason why he's on TV now and not the Jackets GM anymore. He said half of his staff at the draft wanted Kopitar at 6th, the other half wanted Gilbert Brule. They ended up drafting Brule and Kopitar fell to 11th to the Kings.

Doctego
05-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Chicago, San Jose, Ottawa, and Vancouver also have some explaining to do. I wonder if his popularity will soar, though. He was excellent when they won the Cup and is still relatively unknown.

Kyle
05-04-2014, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't call him an unknown. I think he established himself as a name-brand all-star with that torrid start to 2010 when he finished with some (Very few) MVP votes. He needs to be more known for sure but people have been onto this guy. Finishes up there in Selke voting every year too. I think if he wasn't on LA he'd score more and have more fans but hes a perfect fit to be that team's best forward on both ends of the ice for the next decade.

Doctego
05-04-2014, 04:09 PM
That's why I said relatively unknown. For as good as he is, he doesn't get nearly the hype as other players.

Kyle
05-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Yeah, hes definitely as quiet as a 1st rounder with 60 points his rookie season can get in today's NHL. Guys who do much less than him are more known. Hes where St Louis would've been 5-6 years into his career if he didn't win that Art Ross in 04, just a guy quietly and consistently hovering in the area of the top 10 forwards in the league. Really even with the Art Ross St Louis was forgotten quickly. Eventually people looked back and realized the magnitude of the 10+ year body of work he had put together since 2002 and the same will be done for Kopitar no doubt.

Kopitar's a top 10 forward treated like a top 25. If I need to win a game today Kopitar is the next forward I use after Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Toews, Getzlaf, Stamkos, and Giroux. He certainly lacks half the brand-value that any of those names carry.

Hamsterkill
05-10-2014, 03:15 AM
Ducks recalled Gibson from Norfolk... I wonder whether they start Hiller or Gibson Saturday night...

Kyle
05-11-2014, 01:52 AM
Wow. What did the ducks get, like 2 shots in the last 40 minutes? They sure can't expect to win much sitting on a 2 goal lead like that. Gibson bailed them out for sure. Even when the Ducks had a 4 minute powerplay in the third, they looked inept and the Kings still dominated zone time in those shorthanded minutes. It was just a freakishly poor game by the Ducks forwards.

The Kings should feel great despite the loss. They're still looking great going back to a city where they played extremely well twice.

Rocklobster
05-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Ducks recalled Gibson from Norfolk... I wonder whether they start Hiller or Gibson Saturday night...
Kid is freakishly amazing. Love it.
First NHL game he gets a shutout and now his first playoff game gets a shutout. That hasn't happened in like 90 years. Last ducks goalie to win their first playoff game with a shutout... Jonas Hiller. Ducks have 3 amazing goalies, makes me think they will let Hiller walk next season and roll with Gibson Andersen.
Very happy the ducks won... Fuck the kings.

two24four
05-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Been saying it for a while. Gibson is the best goalie in the Ducks system. Kid is going to be a star.

Kyle
05-13-2014, 05:06 AM
That makes a 38-70 shot differential in favor of the Kings over the last two Anaheim wins. Safe to say this guy Gibson is a star. Quick is looking much like those first 3 games vs SJ. I think LA certainly sends this back to Anaheim for game 7 just based on how much they've clearly dominated the last two games.

Anaheim seems to hurt themselves by going more than 1 goal ahead in these games. As soon as the lead grows to 2 or more they just collapse and stop attacking entirely.

Gern Blansten
05-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Epic lashing tonight!!!!

Kyle
05-16-2014, 10:19 PM
Epic lashing tonight!!!!

Anaheim is terrifying down in the 3rd. Don't be so sure. 4 goals is a lot but Anaheim is the team that can do it.

two24four
05-16-2014, 10:55 PM
After playing game 7 tonight now having to fly to Chicago for game 1 of the WCF on Sunday you have to wonder what the Kings will have for that game.

Kyle
05-17-2014, 12:30 AM
I mean, it's not exactly like they've shown any sign of fatigue. They got better as game 7 went along, somehow. They had more chances than Anaheim in the third. That was a perfect game of hockey in all 3 phases by LA. I really felt an Anaheim comeback then boom, 5-1, 6-2, LA just kept scoring and owning the Ducks all over the Ice.

Fatigue is not a concern of theirs right now. They're a young team built to endure these grinds. Chicago's got their hands full because LA is on a mission if they play like they did tonight.

Man what a great moment it was watching the crowd and the LA kings salute Selanne like that.

Snipes16
05-17-2014, 02:23 AM
Look what the Kings did on the road to these teams over last 2 series.

Won games 5 and 7 at San Jose and games 1, 2 and 7 at Anaheim. Both game 7's were blowouts too.

That Gaborik trade has paid off huge. His game 1 swat out of midair with 7 seconds left and OT winner was the difference.

Kyle
05-17-2014, 05:15 AM
He has a bit of a chance to set a historic goal pace with the 9 he's put up through 2 rounds (Obviously we've seen better goal paces in the playoffs fizzle out, but its always fun when a guy has a slight chance). Record is 19 and Gabby has 9 halfway through

Dubz
05-17-2014, 08:24 AM
The L.A Flyers are pretty good