PDA

View Full Version : Bruins (1) vs Canadians (4)

two24four
05-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Can't stand either team, but I am a fan of hockey and you have to love this matchup as these two teams hate each other. Price vs Rask will be the key matchup.

Bruins in 6.

Doctego
05-01-2014, 10:49 AM
For some reason, I see a 7 gamer here. Bruins in 7.

Gern Blansten
05-01-2014, 10:53 AM
I think the long layover hurts the Habs. Boston in 5.

two24four
05-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Yeah the Habs will have to get themselves back into the playoff mode pretty quick or Boston will send them home fast. Practice is good but it's nothing close to playoff style hockey.

Chris Johnston twitter.

Daniel Briere says the #habs layoff was so long that it felt like they were out. "I was sitting on my couch watching all of the other teams"

Snipes16
05-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Bruins in 3

Habs refuse to play game 4 untill Z and Lucic are waterboarded.

Kyle
05-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Bruins in 5 for sure

alias
05-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Surprise surprise I'm calling the Habs in 7. Might be the best series in the playoffs, Stanley Cup final included.

Heard some B's fans saying the Habs did some work on diving and embellishment while they were off....if so this might've been chapter 1 of the how-to guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi0mOtQOr80

Not 100% sure on this, I may have misheard it but I thought MacLean said in the pre-game that the Habs in their history have had a week off between playoff series 9 times and not once did they lose the next round.

alias
05-01-2014, 08:11 PM
I have never, I repeat NEVER, seen this much composure from the Habs. Subban takes a crosscheck to the face from Marchand with no call. Subban v2013 would have been jumping all over the place, gotten right in Marchands face, screamed at the refs and probably taken a penalty. Subban v2014 has a word or two with the ref and skates away from Marchand who came back around to try and shove his enormous fucking nose right in his face. Emelin, Desharnais, Gionta etc all displayed the same composure when trying to be antagonized by the B's. This is not the same Habs team we're used to seeing.

And has Carey Price come out to fucking play or what?

Kyle
05-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Habs look great for sure.

Kyle
05-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Not anymore. Bostons dominating this third period. Habs are lucky it's 3-3

alias
05-01-2014, 10:30 PM
PK!!!!!!!!!!!

Snipes16
05-02-2014, 12:53 AM
That was quite the first act. Thought both teams played well and it was refreshing to see less after the whistle bullshit than normal especially from my team. Congrats to the Habs, it's probably better to spritz the faithful with some false hope before we grind em up anyway.

Sugar Ray over Hagler in game 1

Kyle
05-02-2014, 02:51 AM
The Habs were pretty lucky to survive long enough to score that goal. Price had to play lights out. It was a good game by both teams though. 51-32 shots in favor of Boston

alias
05-02-2014, 09:50 AM
The Hab skaters played as well as can be expected after such a long layoff, they should be better in game 2 and if Price plays the same they have a very real chance to be up 2-0 going home. Vanek was invisible last night, he needs to step up and earn that Bruin-killer tag. PK needs to do exactly what he did in game 1 all series long. The PP needs to make the B's pay just like they did last night....they went 2 for their last 37 going into this series, 2 for 3 last night....you keep that PP chugging along, you keep the Bruins off your backs. This is textbook on how to play against the Bruins. Babs said it best....

“I just think you’ve got to decide what you want to do,’’ said Babcock. “Do you want to play like them or play like us? I just looked at the sheet here and we had one, two, three, four roughing calls. We haven’t had four roughing calls this year. So you’ve got to do what you do, not what they do.’’

And as much as I rag on Therrien I'll admit he was right to put Bouillion in instead of Murray....without that 3rd goal Habs lose this game....he was very effective at moving the puck out of the zone and I didnt see any glaring defensive errors from him. B's didnt have as much of a net presence as I would have thought. 1 goal off a Bruin screen, 1 goal off a Subban screen and Price was able to see pretty well everything else.

two24four
05-02-2014, 11:36 AM
What some Bruins fans did last night was just classless. No room for that anywhere. Also they must not know they drafted PK's bro Malcolm. He's one of there top prospects.

Dubz
05-02-2014, 12:25 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451046

Yeah...wtf is wrong with people?!

Kyle
05-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Its almost like Bostons been recognized as the center of all trashy acts in the sports world (By fan or athlete) for years now. Oh wait.

The city of scumbags strikes again. Boston is one of the most densely populated collections of total assholes on the planet.

alias
05-02-2014, 01:43 PM
What some Bruins fans did last night was just classless. No room for that anywhere. Also they must not know they drafted PK's bro Malcolm. He's one of there top prospects.

Has Malcolm signed there yet? If not, and I was him, no way I'd be signing there after this.

two24four
05-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Yes. He played for there AHL team this season. It was his rookie pro season.

alias
05-02-2014, 02:14 PM
After PK Subban's OT winner the Bruins release this statement:
"The racist, classless views expressed by an ignorant group of individuals following Thursday's game via digital media are in no way a reflection of anyone associated with the Bruins organization."

After Joel Wards OT winner in 2012 the Bruins release this statement:"The Bruins are very disappointed by the racist comments that were made following the game last night. These classless, ignorant views are in no way a reflection of anyone associated with the Bruins organization."

Getting all too common in Boston, especially considering the NHL's first black player played for the B's and Jarome Iginla currently plays for the B's. Props to this guy though....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmmsToACIAACA7K.jpg

Kyle
05-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Not to toot my own horn, but I've been as wrong as possible about virtually everything having to do with round 1 this year so I have to salvage a small bit of face and say: That Carey Price guy sure was some major weakness for Team Canada, huh? :D

I felt like the only hockey fan on the planet who wasn't projecting Canada to struggle in goal and even named this year with Price arguably as good or better than any year they've had Roy/Brodeur (Becuase they didn't have Roy in his prime) and CERTAINLY better than riding that fool Luongo in 2010. It confused me why people don't understand Price is 100% of the goalie Rask is but simply plays for a way more difficult team to excel for. The Habs lack major defensive star power (As in players renowned for defense, not Subban) and that star power essentially starts and ends with Price. He is the reason the Habs don't worry about missing the playoffs and is the reason they're a frustrating team to play against so often. Price steals more games than Rask, period.

That said, the rest of the Habs game needs to reinvent itself because anything like the third period onward will spell a loss in 5 games. I expected that to happen in OT though, the Habs were not prepared for a double OT game 1 after the long layover and I think they'll do much better in game 2.

Kyle
05-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Also too bad Boston is essentially giving young black athletes every reason in the world not to ever dream of playing in the NHL. So sad.

alias
05-03-2014, 01:41 PM
havent been able to see much of this game (thanks NBC :mad:) but listening to it on the radio....this 3rd period is gonna be huge!

two24four
05-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Only game 2 and not as bad. But now you know how us Leafs fans felt last year. Bruins are never out of a game till the final buzzer goes off.

Kyle
05-03-2014, 03:26 PM
In a league based on parity the Bruins stand alongside the Hawks as simply being uniquely more talented on paper than everyone else in the NHL. It doesn't always materialize but the result is two teams that in four minutes can wipe away 50 minutes of having done everything wrong while the other team does everything right. Then they have an elite goalie (Overrated but still elite) to prevent things from getting out of hand during those 50 minute lulls in their game.

Its just unfair, really. In the most fair era of NHL history and arguably one of the most balanced and competitive scenes ever achieved by any professional sport (It took two lockouts so it better be balanced), these two teams have found those unique cores of players who are ALL worth more than they're paid as opposed to just about everyone else in the NHL who has to pay at least 2-3 players for potential.

This is just what the Bruins do. Last night was just what the Hawks do. Outplay these guys for 55 minutes and you're still fucked.

The Habs have looked great for two games. Phenomenal, really. Thats what must be so heartbreaking because they know the Bruins can match an entire game of the Hab's best in 8 minutes.

Kyle
05-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Subban is the first hockey player I've ever seen obsessively ask "Is it my goal or yours" seconds after scoring in the playoffs. Didn't celebrate or hug anybody, just kept pointing to himself and then Vanek to find out who scored (It was a tip by Vanek) while the rest of his line celebrated.

It means nothing but certainly justifies why I dislike this egomaniac. "Who scored" should've been the furthest thing from his mind until after the game or on the bench. Maybe if he kept his priorities straight he could've done his job and helped hold a 2 goal lead in the third. Most players just know you don't bother asking who scored the goal even if you are curious because thats just not what anybody on the team needs to be worried about. Instead of "good work guys, lets wrap this up and go home 2-0" its "Who scored? Was it me? Was it you? Who scored? Who gets credit?" Grow up PK.

That said, he has been offensively brilliant and is owning that powerplay.

alias
05-03-2014, 04:35 PM
well damn, that sucked, but a split is what i expected before the series began anyway....if the Habs are gonna collapse thats when I want it to happen, hopefully they learn from this and the home crowd helps in game 3! glad to see vanek hit the scoresheet a couple times but heard he didnt look good at all out there....gotta wonder whats going on with him....injury?

Kyle
05-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Vanek is usually a ghost until he scores. He played better for Montreal to end the year than I've ever seen him look. Don't expect him to regularly impress as often as he did in his 20 games with Montreal this year. He rarely ever looks that good.

An otherwise weak game by Vanek with two goals scored is all Buffalo or the Islanders could ever get from the guy so take it or leave it. ;)

alias
05-05-2014, 11:13 AM
sounds like Bouillion is out and Murray is in for game 3 tomorrow....

Kyle
05-06-2014, 06:11 AM
Montreal and the Bruins have had two and a half days to rest after their weeks+ of rest after round 1. New York has to go right back to work after 1 day. Just shameful of the NHL to make its schedule a legitimate competitive factor in the playoffs.

Kyle
05-06-2014, 06:13 AM
Montreal and the Habs have had two and a half days to rest after their weeks+ of rest after round 1. New York has to go right back to work after 1 day. Too silly.

Regardless, looking forward to this.

alias
05-06-2014, 09:04 PM
solid effort for 60 minutes....and vanek showed up to play too....cant ask much more out of this hockey club!

alias
05-07-2014, 08:48 AM
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/05/06/can-believe-hype-this-series/GGkR53xaZF8gB0jikb8Y4O/story.html

For those of us from Boston, it was Bizarro World. I mean, aren’t the Canadiens supposed to be the flopping, entitled cry babies? Aren’t our guys supposed to be the strong, silent, manly bunch?

----------------------------------------

Face it, Subban-haters. This has been the P. K. playoff series thus far. He has been everywhere. He has been the nemesis and the newsmaker. He has been chippy and worthy. He has been a force of nature. The Bruins have had no answer.

Delicious

Kyle
05-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Solid effort for 40 minutes. Another shit third makes 3 games in a row with 40 dominate minutes by the Habs and 20 where everyone needs to wonder who the fuck those guys in red jerseys are. 40 beats 20 most nights though so no harm yet.

What a passive "rivalry" series this has been. Can it be round 1 again? These games have blown by comparison in round 2.

Kyle
05-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Can't say enough good about the job Therrien has done game-planning and scheming against these Bruins. Really effective use of a roster that simply isn't anywhere near as good as the Bruins.

alias
05-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Such a tame game 4 and series overall. Montreals approach to the B's is really the opposite of what has happened in the past and is the opposite of what Boston wants. A weak OT winner last night too....this is really anyone's series but I still feel really confident in Montreal's chances especially with how they responded after the B's game 2 comeback.

Snipes16
05-10-2014, 02:30 AM
Did anyone see the playoff stat of Montreal being 28-0 all time up 3-1 in series while Boston is 0-22 down 3-1.

Matt Fraser Crane to the rescue of those doomed numbers. Thats the first greasy goal the B's have had anywhere near Montreal's crease all series. That Habs defence gives up nothing in front of the net and blocks everything in sight. Thank god it was the slew footed Murray out there on the gamewinner, just in time to rear his ugly mug.

Montreal has all the ingredients to beat Boston. They have the goalie to match Rask, an underated, good defence buying in and overall team speed that cause the Bruins fits. The only question is whether they can scrounge up enough goals.

I've got a feeling Montreal let the Bruins off the hook twice now and it comes back to haunt them. That Krejci line wont be kept down much longer. They had a chance to cut the B's heads off and didn't get er done.

Kyle
05-11-2014, 01:43 PM
You could easily make the argument that the scariest position in the NHL today for a goalie is sitting back shorthanded at the end of a game protecting a lead while Subban fires power play rockets your way. Subban must've fired 3 shots at a combined 330 MPH in less than 10 seconds there. Poked a hole through the boards, sent one Boston player to the bench limping, and then finally shot one of the deadliest top corner point shots I've ever seen past Rask. We all talk about "Who does a goalie fear the most 1 on 1." Fuck that, no fear there. I'll take 10 breakaways vs Datsyuk over 1 shorthanded sequence with Subban launching those shots. That's genuine fear.

His douchey WHAT NOW celebration not-withstanding (Hey buddy, still down two goals...), that sequence solidified his position as the most dangerous point man in the NHL without a doubt. The way he begged for the pass almost obnoxiously is just iconic of what hes all about. You can argue the guy wants to be a hero too much but on a team that lacks ANY hero whatsoever, he backs it up and is the only one who consistently delivers for that squad offensively.

Karlsson is deadly in his own way and plays a much better two way game than Subban but Subban is easily the most dangerous offensive D-man in the league.

Doctego
05-11-2014, 03:43 PM
That late goal was a rocket. Nothing that Rask could do about it.

alias
05-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Karlsson is deadly in his own way and plays a much better two way game than Subban but Subban is easily the most dangerous offensive D-man in the league.

I can't say I've ever heard anyone say that about Karlsson. Subban's physical game puts him ahead of Karlsson IMO.

And how much of a joke is it that Thornton get more of a fine for a water bottle squirt than Lucic does for a shot to the balls?

Kyle
05-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Yeah, pretty silly.

I've always felt Karlsson is good enough to keep top players out of the offensive zone. Not shut them down entirely, but keep them out effectively enough to consider him a really competent top-pair D-man in the NHL. His offensive prowess sets him over the top, obviously. Subban on the other hand needs his offensive game to even be a top pair D-man. He certainly would not be a top-pair D-man if he scored 40 or less points a year. Hes no Kris Letang but hes not a good defender. Subban throws big hits but that's not good defense, that's just electrifying and boosts team morale. Which has its time and place for sure, but good defense is a good, active stick complimented by great skating and great positioning. Subban is a star skater but his positioning and awareness both of the play developing and of where his stick needs to be is just lacking. He doesn't routinely (or ever, really) impress you with his prediction of how the play will unfold and he makes dangerous decisions for the sake of driving offense constantly. Karlsson is an offensive guy too but he doesn't lean over the blue line as often. I do like how Subban plays the body in a 1 on 1 situation but that's about all he does well defensively and Karlsson certainly doesn't struggle there either.

Karlsson is no Nick Lidstrom but hes the guy who took the torch and ran with the distinction of being the clear best all-around defender in the NHL.

alias
05-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Karlsson is no Nick Lidstrom but hes the guy who took the torch and ran with the distinction of being the clear best all-around defender in the NHL.

I think Weber, Doughty, Keith, Pietrangelo, Suter, Chara etc. would have something to say about that. Karlsson is superior offensively but can't hold a candle to these guys defensively. I do think Doughty's defensive game is slightly over rated but still is better than Karlsson. The fact that Karlsson got 13 more points than any other d-man in the league (and was 34 points clear of Norris-nominated Chara) and still didnt get nominated for the Norris shows that his defensive game is just plain bad. It was ignored a couple years ago but it's not being ignored anymore.

Kyle
05-11-2014, 09:34 PM
You can't win a Norris on an awful team. Calm down with that nonsense. Karlsson is clearly better all-around than Subban and is so much better offensively than any of those guys (and still good enough defensively) to be the clear first D-man in the NHL anyone would build a team around right now. I'd say at least 50-70% of hockey fans/employees pick him as the Dman they build around with no one else getting more than 10-15% of the vote. Subban probably gets 1-2% of that vote by stubborn Montreal fans.

No one in the world would prefer Subban on their team before Karlsson or even consider that. And non-playoff contenders get basically zero consideration for the Norris much like the Hart.

alias
05-12-2014, 12:27 AM
You can't win a Norris on an awful team. Calm down with that nonsense. Karlsson is clearly better all-around than Subban and is so much better offensively than any of those guys (and still good enough defensively) to be the clear first D-man in the NHL anyone would build a team around right now. I'd say at least 50-70% of hockey fans/employees pick him as the Dman they build around with no one else getting more than 10-15% of the vote. Subban probably gets 1-2% of that vote by stubborn Montreal fans.

No one in the world would prefer Subban on their team before Karlsson or even consider that. And non-playoff contenders get basically zero consideration for the Norris much like the Hart.

Then how did Weber get nominated? I would easily take Weber, Keith & Doughty before Karlsson without a second thought.

Kyle
05-12-2014, 01:28 AM
Weber's nomination surprised a lot of people and everyone knows he's basically a non-factor. If he gets more than 200-250 points in the voting please make my day with that news whenever the voting is done. Chara and Keith should leave Weber behind in the voting.

I'd take Karllson before any of those guys. Thats just me. He was by far the best defender in the olympics too.

Snipes16
05-12-2014, 02:09 PM
The Seguin trade has reaped huge bennies in this series for the B's.

Louie, Riley and now Fraser all making big contributions to the effort.

I'm not overly confident about Boston winning up there tonite though, just a gut feeling.

Kyle
05-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Riley Smith is pissing me off. We were supposed to have the clear better Smith brother in Detroit. I still think Brendan is just as good as a D-man but Riley got way too good way too fast. That little fucker better be peaked out.

Kyle
05-12-2014, 09:01 PM
"Unlucky" would be the understatement of the century to describe this game for the Bruins with 9 minutes left (After the puck was swatted off of the goal line). They dominated the entire 2nd and couldn't get a goal to show, then had to watch the Habs get two to end the period. Then this in the third. Rough break for the Bruins but they know its their series to lose going back at home for game 7.

alias
05-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Boston's best game was game 5 and Montreal's was game 6. I have no idea who's gonna take game 7, it could go either way, but I feel pretty confident saying that whoever wins this series is going to the Cup final. Team that scores first has won every game this series!

Dubz
05-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Just great to watch a hockey game in that building......even if it's just on TV. They brought it and deserved that game no doubt.

Snipes16
05-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Alias and Dubz are going down tonite along with that sour pussed coach of theirs.

My 2 pre guessed hero's will be Krejci and or Krugger.

Truth be told I'm a touch nervous just because it is the Canadiens, those fucken bastards!

Kyle
05-14-2014, 01:32 AM
Alias and Dubz are going down tonite along with that sour pussed coach of theirs.

Truth be told I'm a touch nervous just because it is the Canadiens, those fucken bastards!

yeah, I won't lie, Detroit's been knocked out of the playoffs by almost all their biggest rivals since 2009 but I just can't begin to fathom how much it pisses off a Boston fan if the Habs win a series, let alone in game 7 (And vice versa to Habs fans). Goooooood luck :D

Snipes16
05-14-2014, 01:51 AM
It's still hard to fathom Montreal beating Boston 18 straight playoff series spanning 45 years.

We finally got em good in 2011 by coming back from 0-2 to beat them on the way to the Cup.

But I cant help but feel God owes us just one more. 45 years is a really long time.

Doctego
05-14-2014, 04:57 AM
God put Marchand and Lucic on the Bruins so He doesn't owe you guys shit.:lol:

Dubz
05-14-2014, 09:25 AM

Hey man i dislike both teams quite equally!!! I actually have a couple small bets on the Bruins. If the Bruins win i win, plus i dont have to hear the proud Habs fans for another week and a half!!! If the Habs win thats OK because they beat the Bruins....and the Bruins beat the Leafs (a year ago yesteerday!!) as well as stole all those draft picks and Tuuka!! LOL I cant lose on this one except i work till the third period. Hopefully theres still meaningful hockey being played at that time.

Snipes16
05-14-2014, 12:33 PM
I didn't notice the crapper in your avatar, so sorry.

Dubz
05-14-2014, 12:43 PM
I didn't notice the crapper in your avatar, so sorry.

Well the avatar wont be there if the B's dont win tonight!!!

Kyle
05-14-2014, 01:19 PM
:lol: :lol: you can almost even see the H around the center of the bowl :D

alias
05-14-2014, 08:57 PM
edge of my seat the entire 3rd period! fuck this win feels good! :headbang:

Kyle
05-14-2014, 09:58 PM
As a totally objective non-fan (or general hater to be more fair, but still objective as I hate both equally) of both teams, I have to say its majorly disappointing how much better Boston looked in two of their four losses. I don't feel the better team advanced. I think Boston was the clear best team 50% of this series, the Habs 30%, with 20% tightly contested, but Boston really just had dominant stretch after dominant stretch go unrewarded in games 6 and 7. The shots were 20-10 in game 7 in Boston's favor and they were down 0-2. The Bruins deserved better much like the Wild vs the Hawks but you can't do anything except put your best foot forward and Boston certainly did that. Price simply outplayed Rask and the series falls entirely on that.

Yet again Rask has shown an inability to be the difference maker in a series the Bruins weren't otherwise dominating (I think they had the better series but clearly no team dominated). Rask is probably the best goalie in NHL history when the Boston machine is working full steam (Like vs Detroit when everyone for some reason insisted on complimenting Rask when the Bruins hardly allowed 5 good chances in the last 4 games). But as I've consistently said, when the order from Boston is to steal a game, he just isn't usually that guy. I don't see Quick or Lundy caliber skill or even Price's level of skill because the best of Price absolutely eclipses the best of Rask.

*Disclaimer: Montreal played a FANTASTIC series. I simply thought Boston was better. But a goalie is part of a team too so with that factored in the Habs clearly deserved their win. I've just always been the guy who prefers a team to win moreso than it's goalie (Probably stems from Detroit never having a steady goalie before J.Howard) and I thought Boston simply skated better and produced more quality chances throughout the series, and enjoyed WAY more stretches of extended zone-dominance which the Habs had very few (Even when they scored often they weren't actually dominating those segments of the game, like especially in game 6 where Boston dominates the entire 2nd but the Habs get 2 goals at the end).

Snipes16
05-14-2014, 10:04 PM
Congrats Alias, I thought your guys played great and deserved to win.

Iginla had the best chance to tie it on the backhand but it wasn't to be.

I'll be back later to tell you why Chara is gone, it's just too soon, not enough tissue.

Kyle
05-14-2014, 10:14 PM
I will say, the Habs are officially behind only the Hawks as the most dangerous transition team in the NHL in my book. No matter how long you're in their offensive zone you can't ever let yourself think momentum is on your side because they'll match an entire period's worth of offense in one or two rushes. Reminds me of how the Lightning won that cup in 03 and Price is halfway through a 2003-Bulin-quality postseason run for sure. Hes already their easy Conn Smythe winner if the Habs make it to that peak. There won't even be a question.

Snipes16
05-15-2014, 02:05 AM
Hearing Lucic is going to kill Weise next year and possibly Emelin too

Cmon man

Kyle
05-15-2014, 03:06 AM
Hearing Lucic is going to kill Weise next year and possibly Emelin too

Cmon man

Wow, yeah, that footage says a thousand words. Just a pathetic classless display by Lucic. Its one thing to remind Montreal you'll be back, its another to shit on the NHL's most cherished tradition.

Also caught on tape: A jubilated Subban kissing Pierre McGuire after an interview

Not caught on tape: McGuire wiping his pants afterwards

chgorman
05-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Milan Douchic. What a fucking classless sore loser. I don't like either of these teams, but I'll cheer for the Habs 11 out of 10 times as long as Douchic is with the B's. Which is unfortunate as I really don't like the Habs and don't mind the B's aside from him. Classless fuck. Grow up.

If this was an isolated incident, I'd give him a pass based on heat-of-the-moment emotions getting the best of him, but his long list of classless, douche moves is simply unforgivable.

alias
05-15-2014, 10:44 AM
after digesting the series there are some obvious things that led to the Montreal win

Chara was probably the worst I've ever seen him. I dont know if it was injury, or he's just breaking down but he was on his ass more times than I could count, had glimpses of brilliance but overall played a very poor series. Julien insisting he play up front on the PP was just plain bad coaching. You need that bomb from the point and he wasn't really screening Price anyway so what the hell was he doing up there? The Krejci line was probably the key to the B's loss. They were effective enough at controlling the play and weren't a detriment defensively but the finish just wasn't there. Whether it's because they were just plain off or the Habs defense put them off with their speed and stick work I'll leave up to you all to decide. Marchand was a detriment to this team. He tried to get under the skin of the Habs but it just end up costing the B's. In the first intermission he says they just need to get back to playing how they play so what does he do? He goes out and snows Price first shift. Way to set an example and give momentum to Montreal. And Rask. For some reason the Habs just get in his head. He's like the opposite of the Incredible Hulk....you like him when he's angry. He had more composure the last 3 games but he was making small errors and flubbing the puck and elite goalies just don't do that. And as much as I hate the Bruins Bergeron is just incredible. What a player. He and Boychuk are the only B's I have any real respect for and would welcome on my team any day.

Now the Habs, first off when Bergevin first took over he said there are players that get you TO the playoffs and players that get you THROUGH the playoffs. His "minor" pickups Briere, Weise & Weaver have no doubt helped Montreal through these playoffs thusfar in a huge way and to a lesser extent Vanek has as well. He disappears for most of the game but every once in a while slides in and tips a puck or bangs in a rebound. Not ideal but I'll take it. And a few guys who were here before Bergevin came out to play too especially Lars Eller. His poor regular season is all forgiven now....his overall game has been nothing short of tremendous when compared to his regular season. Where the B's top lines didn't show up the Habs top lines took a while but the last 2 games showed up when they needed to. Let's hope this is the start of a streak for Pacioretty cuz we'll need him against the defense and goaltending of NYR. You can say the B's outplayed the Habs all series long but how else do you want the Habs to play them? They dont have the offense that the B's do, they can't match them physically, so they played their system. They relied on solid team defense, a very good transition game, skating, good coaching, and elite level goaltending. I wouldn't quite call it rope-a-dope but it was close. They were faster than the B's, got to the puck quicker, wanted the puck more, and took advantage of their opportunities when they arose. They played the B's exactly the way Therrien wanted them to (game 5 being the exception) and exposed their young defense perfectly. The times that the B's really took the game over for an extended period of time (again other than game 5) was usually during or just after a PP, exactly when they're expected to. Kyle, you say the Habs dont have a stud defensive d-man, I say you look a little closer at Markov. Other than one mistake in game 7 where he thought he could pinch and intercept a puck he played flawless defensive hockey positionally, blocked shots and passes, cleared the net effectively and his puck moving skills out of the zone are only rivalled by Subban, they're just less flashy. The General has earned his nickname and runs that defensive squad. Perhaps he's underrated outside of Montreal but every single Habs fan knows how vital he is to this team.

Snipes, I wasnt sure how you were going to react after the initial trash talking but you're all class my friend. Kudos. A good series that came down to the wire, it definitely was not easy.

Dubz....let's see that new avatar! :D

alias
05-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Lucic released an anti-bullying book 2 months ago....yikes

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2014/05/15/boston_bruins_milan_lucic_recently_released_antibu llying_book.html

Doctego
05-15-2014, 03:17 PM
In his defense, this wasn't at school. In all seriousness, he's a fucking douche.

Gern Blansten
05-15-2014, 03:27 PM
Lucic released an anti-bullying book 2 months ago....yikes

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2014/05/15/boston_bruins_milan_lucic_recently_released_antibu llying_book.html

“I always feel like — and still to this day — that you should treat people the way you want to be treated,” he told the Boston Herald after speaking to kids at one such event.

Now take yourself out back, chop yourself in the nutz and call it a day. :D

chgorman
05-15-2014, 03:59 PM
“I always feel like — and still to this day — that you should treat people the way you want to be treated,” he told the Boston Herald after speaking to kids at one such event.

Now take yourself out back, chop yourself in the nutz and call it a day. :D

And don't forget to threaten to kill yourself next year whilst shaking your own hand ;)