PDA

View Full Version : Pens (2) vs Rangers (5)

two24four
05-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Not sure what to think of this one. Both are lucky to be in round 2. Both goalies didn't play great in round 1 as well.

Pens in 7.

Doctego
05-01-2014, 10:47 AM
I really don't give a shit about this series. I guess that I'm rooting for injuries. Not long-term shit. Either one of these teams is going to get their ass kicked by Boston, IMHO.

two24four
05-01-2014, 10:48 AM
I really don't give a shit about this series. I guess that I'm rooting for injuries. Not long-term shit. Either one of these teams is going to get their ass kicked by Boston, IMHO.

I was thinking this very same thing when I was making this thread. This will be the 2nd round series I watch the least I think.

Gern Blansten
05-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Lundy can't do it all. Pens in 6.

Kyle
05-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Rangers have it rough with the schedule. Pens in 5 after a quick 3-0 start during this ridiculously brutal week for the Rags.

Dubz
05-01-2014, 01:30 PM

Yeah i fel that way about every team. The B's are just too well rounded. I couldnt pick a team to beat them when i did my bracket. My daughter actually picked the Ducks over Bs in the final. I have the B's over the Ducks. Pretty smart kid :D

Dubz
05-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Wow just read this from Kyles post in another thread. I would have taken the Pens regardless but this makes it an easy bet. I wonder what the payout is.?
Are you kidding me? How the fuck could they be doing this to the Rangers?

Game 6 tuesday, game 7 wednesday, game 1 friday, game 2 Sunday, game 3 monday?? 5 games in 7 days including a game 7?! Never ever seen a schedule remotely as ridiculous in the NHL playoffs.

Rocklobster
05-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Pens in 5

FlyGuy78
05-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Rangers in 6 and Doc there is no guarantee that the winner of this series gets to play Boston as long as Montreal has something to say about it.

Either way I'm with Doc I could care less. Anyway both teams can lose? :)

alias
05-02-2014, 12:34 AM
Pens in 7....so glad the rags knocked out the Flyers....they seem to be the Habs' achilles heel in the playoffs

Snipes16
05-02-2014, 01:27 AM
Rags in 7

Fleury needs glasses

Rocklobster
05-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Embarrassing 1st period for the penguins.

Also... Fleury sucks.

Kyle
05-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Its staggering to me how a guy who looks as despicable as Letang usually does could've possibly been involved in Norris talks or ever even thought of in a Norris discussion. Either a statement of how awful NHL defenders are today or more likely a statement of how biased that trophy is towards offensive production.

Kyle
05-02-2014, 09:01 PM
:lol: Is there a Penguins loss that doesn't involve an embarrassing net-mouth scramble culminating in Fleury falling flat on his ass? :D I know the puck was already in but no one on Pittsburgh knew that.

Rocklobster
05-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Good game. Pens looked much better for periods 2&3 but tough loss in OT though

Snipes16
05-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Is Sid gonna show up in this series, whats he got a goal and maybe a helper through 6 games.

I'll make a bold prediction as say he gets a hatty in game 7.

Joke if Pittsburgh loses this series, Rangers are slow as molasses and anyone seen Nash Bridges, that bum.

Kyle
05-12-2014, 04:15 PM
The Penguins have strung together the most pathetic post-season run here. This team hasn't just been bad in it's losses, its been unequivocally shitty, a total embarrassment to themselves and their city in each of these losing efforts.

The common expression around the NHL that "Byslma runs the Pittsburgh Country Club" seems to be holding massive weight here. These guys clearly have no incentive or motivation to try at all when the going gets tough. They just quit. Its hard to accuse a professional athlete of quitting, but its easy to accuse these Penguins. And its not so much that the effort stops. The efforts there. Its just not applied towards hockey. Its applied towards post-whistle scrums and nonsense cheap shots. Just a totally embarrassing lack of composure.

And who else to start with but Sid the crybaby Kid Crosby. Whats with his lack of composure in the playoffs? Consistently forgets he's the best player in the NHL and decides he needs to engage in scrums and post-whistle nonsense, as if the Rangers weren't praying for exactly that. The Pens might as well move him to the third line and move up Malkin to 1 and Suter to 2 because Crosby has been nowhere near as good as either one of those two.

Fleury can't convince anybody two games in a row (Except when the Rangers basically couldn't walk there after 5 games in 7 nights) but sadly hes easily the next best thing going on for the Pens after Malkin because these losses could be even more out of hand than the 5-1 results we've seen. This team is underperforming to pathetic extents and has virtually no chance vs any one of their 6 other potential opponents this postseason. Pittsburgh would be fortunate to just lose game 7 and make sure Byslma is fired.

Its shocking to me because the Rangers have been just as bad and tired as they were supposed to be. This series was right there for the Pens to run away with and they just can't seem to play above a 5/10 quality game while the rest of the NHL is playing at 8 or above.

Kyle
05-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Oh Danny Boy...the pipes, the pipes are calling...

Doctego
05-13-2014, 08:46 PM
I didn't see much of the game at all. How did Fleury play?

Hamsterkill
05-13-2014, 08:53 PM
I didn't see much of the game at all. How did Fleury play?

I only caught the second half of it. He wasn't tested much, but looked okay.

Kyle
05-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Fleury was good enough tonight and through the series. Not great at all though and certainly not in any way impressive.

The coaching was, as usual, suspect. Crosby and Suter have a phenomenal shift together early in the 1st, Crosby's best of the series. Bylsma's response? Never pair them together again the rest of the game. The Penguins kept bashing their heads against the wall with their zone entries. The 36-20 shot differential doesn't tell the story. The Rangers sat back and protected with great defense and forced tons of garbage shots. There were some great opportunities for the Pens but they just weren't sustaining enough competing zone time until total desperation mode in the third. And even then they just always seemed to be traveling uphill. Just never felt like the Penguins were dominating or were properly prepared for whatever neutral zone scheme the Rags threw at them.

Kyle
05-14-2014, 12:05 AM
Also Crosby is NOT a captain, not any semblance of a captain, will never in his career be captain-material, and is a detriment to his team wearing that C on his jersey. Not a lot of 26 year olds randomly decide to grow up and Crosby likely isn't going to be one of the rare few. He is always and forever the little bitch who instigated those ridiculous scrums vs Philly years ago and hasn't come even one step forward since then. Crosby holds back the team's discipline in Pittsburgh as long as they fool themselves by insisting his character is something to strive to duplicate. Which is what your captain is. An example of how you want your entire team to act. No one in their wildest fucking fits of psychosis would ever use Crosby's demeanor through the postseason the last 3 years as an example of superb leadership. On the contrary, the montage of his meltdowns and behavioral slips during games the last 3 years would certainly be an example of how to completely embarrass oneself and play into the other team's strategy perfectly (Which is always to get Crosby off his game mentally). And that's okay. Crosby can win plenty of Stanley cups as a whiny little bitch with no composure, which is exactly what he is. What he can't do as a whiny little bitch with no composure, is lead a team properly and act as the character leader as is expected from any team's captain. The standards the rest of the players follow trickles down directly from any team's captain and Crosby sets a high standard with his scoring (Well, except in the playoffs apparently) but the absolute worst standard for character imaginable.

As much of an asshole as Danny Byslma is, arguing with him on the bench on national TV in a clear outpouring of frustration is just another example of Crosby's entitled bullshit.

Just like Ovy on the Caps, Crosby wearing a C bottlenecks the Penguin's discipline.

Snipes16
05-14-2014, 01:03 AM
Not a bad post about Crosby, a little harsh but not off base.

How can you have 2 of the top 5 offensive players in the game and finish the last 4 years like:

2011 - Blow 3-1 lead and lose to Tampa
2012 - Destroyed by Philly in what 4 or 5
2013 - Broomed by Brooins
2014 - Blow another 3-1 lead vs Rags

So much for that dynasty that looked so promising after they beat Kyle's Wings for the Cup.

Doctego
05-14-2014, 04:56 AM
I have a special place in my heart for Pittsburgh, in general, as I have a lot of family there. I grew up liking the Pens for no other reason than Mario Lemieux. He will forever be my favorite player of all-time. They never had the rivalry with the Flyers that they do now so it was easy to root for them as well. I rooted for the Pens to beat the Wings in those Cups. I also grew up hating the Rangers and it didn't help that they eliminated the Flyers last round. All of that said, I was rooting for the Rangers to beat the Pens. I went into the series not giving a fuck but, as it started, I was rooting for the Rangers. It felt weird. I couldn't root for the Pens. Maybe it's because Bylsma and Crosby are the biggest bitch coach/captain combo in the league or maybe not. I don't know. All that I know is that it was weird rooting for the Rangers, even for just a few games, but that shit ends in the ECF.

nyrblue2
05-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Fleury was not the issue last night, Lundqvist was. First Rangers goal was stoppable I guess, but a tough quick shot on a cross ice pass on an odd man rush. Second one was a scramble and he didn't have much of a shot. He was almost the issue when he fucked around with the puck right in front of the crease and kicked it around between him and Maata and almost put it in on his own with no pressure. Other than those, nothing memorable either way.

Not the most elegant way to win the series, but I'll take it. Other than a couple stretches, first and second periods were fine. But yea, the Rangers definitely hung back and tried to play "prevent defense" during the third and they got barraged (sp?) because of it. Lundqvist, as usual, was the difference. Honorable mention to the first line (Brassard, Zucc and Pouliot) for being awesome and the fourth line (Boyle, Moore and xxx) for playing some terrific shifts and defense - exactly what you need from those guys. Nash actually has been playing "good" - no, his lack of production for a $7 mil guy is 100% not acceptable, but he actually played solid defense, physical, puck control, etc. Sure, you should be able to get that for 1 or 2 mil, but still, lol.

Rangers are slow as molasses
Umm...what? Allow me to introduce you to Kreider, Hagelin, St. Louis, Zuccarello, McDonagh, J. Moore, etc.

Doctego
05-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Yeah. I didn't get the slow reference, either. They might not have a lot of finishers but they definitely have plenty of speed.

Snipes16
05-14-2014, 12:51 PM
I'll give you Kreider and Hagelin but overall they look slow as hell to me. Everything looks so slow developing to me, idk.

They look particularly lumbering on defence. When do you ever see their D carry a puck into the offensive zone on their own with even a smidge of speed. McDonagh and Girardi are solid players but as a 1st pairing defence? ouch, too many minutes not enough carbs. Look at their PP, never any movement, barely any shots get through. Personally I think they stink and if it weren't for Lundy they'd have no shot beating anyone.

You'll see that lack of team speed exposed next round vs Montreal or Boston.

Kyle
05-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Rangers played with a ton of effort and work ethic (Surprising considering their schedule) but that doesn't make them a fast team. Kind of the same way Boston controlled Detroit and managed to make Detroit look slower is what Rangers do to a lot of teams. They looked very fast vs Pittsburgh but Pittsburgh makes any team look fast with their defensive breakdowns and constant oddman rushes they allow. Pittsburgh always manages to drag the other team into a run and gun, back and forth, down-to-the-goaltender shootoff (Which fleury never wins). Even just 1 goal behind in game 7 it felt like that the entire third period.

Boston or Montreal won't let that happen and the Rangers won't be the only team implementing and imposing a competent system next round. Its so easy to outsmart Byslma cause it doesn't seem like the fool actually spends a second preparing. Total regular season coach who falls apart when another coach has weeks to study him and play the chess match. He apparently sucks ass at chess. Now its Julien and Therrian and as much as I've lacked respect for Therrian in the past, that man has coached this year's Habs like a genius on a mission. Its going to be a whole different beast.

That said, the Habs should be an obtainable (albeit obviously difficult) goal. The Bruins seem a bit more unlikely for a Rangers upset. I just can't see them beating Chara/Rask/Julien 4 games out of 7. I can see Lundy holding up to the Habs though.

alias
05-14-2014, 03:00 PM
I'd hate to be Sponge these playoffs.... :(

Hamsterkill
05-14-2014, 03:45 PM
I'd hate to be Sponge these playoffs.... :(

Hey at least both her teams made the playoffs...

Jake
05-14-2014, 04:14 PM
I used to be a huge Lemieux fan (and thus a Pens fan as well), but Crosby and Cooke really made me start to dislike the Pens fan- then when the rivalry with Detroit started, it got to the point where I couldn't stand them. I actually lost a lot of respect for Lemieux for saying all the shit he did about safety and respect, yet he employed that piece of shit Cooke. I will admit that Crosby is the most offensively talented player in the NHL, but I hate his bitch antics. If he doesn't change, players will continue to get under his skin and get him off his game and he will continue to go to shit in the playoffs. People can blame the GM for not getting them a superstar at the deadline (It didnt do anything for them last year) or say that they need to blow it up and start over, but they just need to grow up and realize that there is a big difference in the regular season vs playing the same team in a best of seven series and get over the little shit. They really lack a true leader, you didnt see Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, etc. letting other players get them off their games and acting like undisciplined kids out on the ice for complete series.

Rocklobster
05-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Crosby not captain worthy? lol fuck off. Haters gonna hate.

Rocklobster
05-14-2014, 05:06 PM
I actually lost a lot of respect for Lemieux for saying all the shit he did about safety and respect, yet he employed that piece of shit Cooke. They really lack a true leader, you didnt see Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, etc. letting other players get them off their games and acting like undisciplined kids out on the ice for complete series.
im sure you have no problem with bertuzzi tho right?

as for those other captains you mentioned... Different time and game. They had players who protected them

Also I'm not condoning Crosby's bitch antics but I can understand why he can get so frustrated. Only 2 drawn penalties in 13 playoff games. Yea... Sure.

Jake
05-14-2014, 07:38 PM
I have never been a Bertuzzi fan. As far as penalties go, it's common knowledge that the refs put the whistles away in the playoffs. Philly laid out the perfect blueprint to take the best player in the world out of his element and other teams have taken full advantage of it.

Kyle
05-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Crosby not captain worthy? lol fuck off. Haters gonna hate.

ignore his skill. Tell me one fucking reason why Crosby is a decent captain. Have fun, because you're going to come up blank unless you reach really far up your ass for a petty compliment to throw his way. There ARE no compliments he deserves except that he practices hard and scores a lot. That makes him a captain? No, that makes him a skilled hockey player. Not every skilled hockey player is captain material, not even the best of our generation.

Do I need to really start listing all the great captains in NHL history who didn't lead their team in scoring regularly? Its fucking insulting to any Pens fan to deny that Crosby shouldn't be wearing the C. Like it or not that mentality is why the team hasn't progressed in the areas that's limited them for years: discipline, composure, and a full-team selling out for one system and believing in it. Crosby is the first guy to lose his cool, the least disciplined on his team, the first one to deviate from the system and the gameplan in response to harassment by the other team. Hopefully the Pens front office has realized what you're clearly too biased to see, that this guy wearing the C actually hurts the team and brings down the quality of their play in controversial situations where he IS responsible to set an example for the rest of the team to follow. It never makes itself apparent in easy regular seasons where a playoff spot is always guaranteed. But when it gets tough in the playoffs, and Crosby is getting picked on after the whistle, its 100% HIS job to skate away, be visibly above the nonsense, and establish to the team that they need to keep focusing on playing hockey because their captain is. Instead, your golden BITCH completely indulges in the post-whistle nonsense, even instigates it, and completely deviates from his style of play that's dominated the NHL for years. Instead of responding with his best in game 7, he arrived with his very worst.

Now, your turn. Please start enlightening me with one reason why that golden crybaby bitch makes a good captain or even a decent one. In what area does Crosby wearing the C help the team?

In an era full of captains like Yzerman, Toews, Sakic, Crosby has absolutely embarrassed himself and certainly forfeited the C at this point. They won't do it because of the obvious dramatic backlash both Crosby and the Pens would endure for taking away his C. But that's literally the only reason they won't do it. Promoting him was a mistake Sherro/Byslma would gladly undo if given the chance. Tell me one reason why the little punk bitch who kicked Giradi's skate is a good captain. Why the guy who speared Moore to end a period is captain-worthy. The same BITCH who argues with his coach on the bench because he can't manage his frustration. The same bitch who knocks off Voracek's glove and kicks it away initiating a full-team scrum when his team needed him to fucking play. The same bitch who, with his team only 1 goal down to Boston in game 1 (You know, before he stepped aside and watched the Bruins sweep his Pens), starts the most pointless scrum in history with RASK of all people and then Chara? All while not producing to his usual standard?

What am I missing, Rock? The only thing I'm missing is a TON of points scored between those hideous embarrassing displays of no composure and poor leadership. So that suddenly makes his crippling immaturity and lack of composure (And really an inability to just stick to the priorities during highly controversial playoff hockey) okay because he scores a lot? I'll gladly fuck off right after you tell me one good reason you have Crosby's dick so far down your throat BESIDES his art ross trophies. Have fun.

Kyle
05-14-2014, 09:35 PM
im sure you have no problem with bertuzzi tho right?

as for those other captains you mentioned... Different time and game. They had players who protected them

Also I'm not condoning Crosby's bitch antics but I can understand why he can get so frustrated. Only 2 drawn penalties in 13 playoff games. Yea... Sure.

Listen to this bullshit excuse! Toews got picked on by Detroit last year on the Hawks way to a 1-3 deficit. Toews was abused, probably should've had a few penalties called on him too. But guess what? Instead of representing himself and his team like a bunch of classless fucking pussies with no composure or self respect (The way Crosby did by whining/bitching and losing his cool instead of just playing hockey), he came to the conclusion that whining, bitching, and losing his cool was NOT an effective strategy to win playoff games. So he changed his approach. With a 1-3 series deficit he had the composure and self control to put aside his personal bullshit and simply be the captain the Hawks needed to even give them a slight chance at winning 3 in a row. Instead of just giving him a chance, he was their best player in all 3 wins. GOOD CAPTAIN.

Flip the page. Crosby is UP 3-1, and STILL CAN'T manage his frustrations and composure well enough to just play his game. He had 5% of the pressure as Toews in game 5 and played a million times worse. But thats okay. Thats why you buy yourself a 2 game lead. So you can pick up and rebuild. BZZZZZZ. Wrong answer. Crosby gets worse in game 6. Okay, fine, Toews is Mr.Serious and you can't expect every captain to have that much maturity and discipline, okay sure. Lets excuse games 5 and 6 because surely the best player in the world (And according to you a good captain) is going to show up in a huge game 7 and finally establish why no one really gave the Rangers a chance to start the series. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Wrong answer. Crosby shows up with BY FAR his most miserable game of the playoffs when the Pens need him most. BAD CAPTAIN.

But that's okay, because he wasn't getting penalties called so according to you he had the right to completely lose his cool mentally and simply play poor hockey for 3 games on his way out of the playoffs?

Kyle
05-14-2014, 09:41 PM
And what does Bertuzzi have to do with jack shit? Didn't we just go over this where every Wings fan on the board said none of us are fans of Bertuzzi on the team? Furthermore, did Kenny H or some asshole from Detroit make a complete fucking moron out of himself the way Lemieux did with that obnoxious media rant and say "The rest of the league needs to show more respect." Because if nobody on the Red Wings said that, then you have absolutely no point to make. No one said the Red Wings were free from impurities (even though I will say you're a blind fucking fool if you don't think the Red Wings are clearly the cleanest or among the cleanest/classiest teams in the NHL. Really just stupidity to not think that over the last 15 years). All we said was, Lemieux acted like a stupid asshole by making those comments to the media when the Penguins were arguably the NHL's most common producers of dangerous, dirty hits at the time. So how exactly does the Wings giving a reformed Bertuzzi (Who hasn't had one questionable incident in his career with Detroit) a chance to earn a paycheck even remotely compare to the Penguins throwing some of the most dangerous hits in the NHL one year and their owner somehow having the audacity to recommend to the entire NHL to play more safely.

Sounds like you're just a bit irrational about this. Sorry Crosby embarrassed himself and the entire organization this year, but if it makes you feel better all the blame is clearly going to fall on the coach who's fate was essentially sealed by Crosby with his miserable stretch from games 5-7.

Kyle
05-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Edit - Fuck it. 3 will do. I gotta call it a year hating on the Pens, No sense beating the dead horse, and this one is surely lifeless now. :D

Doctego
05-15-2014, 05:28 AM
A lot of talk (for here) on sports talk radio regarding Crosby. The question was brought up about how Crosby can be the best player in the game and have so little impact on the series. He had 1 goal during this year's playoffs and went around 13 playoff games before that without scoring a goal.

Regarding Crosby as the Pens captain, they're fucked. They can't remove the C because of the way it would look. Realistically, who could they replace him with?

Rocklobster
05-16-2014, 10:11 AM
Wow, can't stand reading your fucking long BS posts that are so damn biased.
Anyone who says Crosby isn't captain material is just clueless and a fucking moron. Period.
He has a bad playoff and the haters are eating it up. I can count many reasons why he is a great leader of the pens. But I'm supposed to not mention his skill? Lol The guys work ethic alone and commitment to the team on and off of the ice is just one obvious example. This isn't like the leafs and phaneuf here.... Do I really need to list more? lol He's good enough to be team Canada's captain but not pens? Lol
As for bertuzzi, you guys are hating on Lemieux for adding Cooke on the team and him saying " show respect blah blah". He was trying yo give cooke a second chance. Many people wanted to believe he could change his game. when holland adds a goon and does the same thing it's okay. I dunno why I'm even bother posting about this. I really don't give a fuck if you hate Lemieux for something he said. Maybe you're just butthurt the wings got knocked out one round earlier than the penguins?

Rocklobster
05-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Also you sound mad as hell while I read your posts Kyle. Christ you need to relax.

Rocklobster
05-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Shero fired but Bylsma not. Hmmm. Maybe new GM will fire Danny boy.

two24four
05-16-2014, 11:05 AM

If it was only going to be one of them it should have been the other way around. Shero has given them good teams that should be doing more in the playoffs. He doesn't coach. But he did hire the coach which I guess is enough. Doubt he's out of work long. In the 8 years as GM of the Pens they had the 2nd best record in the NHL.

chgorman
05-16-2014, 11:47 AM

If it was only going to be one of them it should have been the other way around. Shero has given them good teams that should be doing more in the playoffs. He doesn't coach. But he did hire the coach which I guess is enough. Doubt he's out of work long. In the 8 years as GM of the Pens they had the 2nd best record in the NHL.

Agreed. Admittedly, I don't follow the Pens very closely, but I don't think Shero was the problem. It's tough to build a deep team top to bottom that can compete in the playoffs when you're paying Crosby, Malkin and Fleury the amounts they're getting, but you also can't let talent like Crosby and Malkin walk or trade them, so it was a catch 22 for him - let one of those two walk or trade them for cheaper assets in order to get better defensively and build depth and have the fan base and ownership lose their minds as a result, or keep both of them to keep ownership and the fan base happy, at the expense of not being able to improve the defence and/or build a roster with decent depth that can compete in the playoffs.

DB definitely shoulda taken the fall on this one, IMO.

Hamsterkill
05-16-2014, 12:15 PM
I'm really skeptical about the Shero firing. I've always felt Shero was a fantastic GM for the Pens, doing well in most aspects of a GM's job. I'm not even sure Bylsma's the issue, but I certainly would have gotten rid of him before Shero.

I think the only reason Shero got the axe right now instead of Bylsma is because the Pens want to give the new hire the ability to basically overhaul the team in a single offseason. The Pens have a ton of expiring contracts, with only 7 forwards and 5 defensemen contracted to return at the moment.

Fleury's only got one year left on his contract, too, with no clearly good prospects behind him in the system yet, either. Jarry or Murray look like they may have what it takes, but I don't think they're going to be a Price or a Gibson that's ready to roll in the NHL so early in their pro career.

Kyle
05-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Also you sound mad as hell while I read your posts Kyle. Christ you need to relax.

:lol: Pot. Kettle. Black. Seriously, are you this fucking clueless and oblivious to your own aggressive tone? I wasn't even talking to you and you told me to fuck off. But yeah, I'll sit back and take some notes from you

I sound mad? Dude, your team lost and you're acting like a pouty, whiny bitch. Theres nothing else going on here. I'm not mad. You're furious. I'm exactly who I always am. You're the one completely out of your element.

Anyone who says Crosby isn't captain material is just clueless and a fucking moron. Period.

And you're just the ignorant dipshit who can't come up with one good reason why. Silly fool.

Do I really need to list more?

You literally haven't listed one yet. I don't understand, are you just blind or fucking stupid? you haven't named ONE reason yet, you've just ranted for an entire paragraph about how it's SO obvious why he's such a good captain. So obvious your dumbass in all your desperate rage can't even name ONE outside his skill. You're frozen because there are ZERO other positive captain-like qualities that he displays in a season.

Oh, but I forgot, he was chosen as a captain coming off a typically ridiculously good season on a team that literally needs no captain (Anyone who thinks Crosby lead team Canada as a character leader is hilariously stupid). He wasn't even one of the best 10-15 players on that roster all olympics and never lead by example with his play once, but its indisputable proof he's a good captain?

You just spent an entire paragraph failing to literally state -one- single reason why HIS character represents that of a good captain.

You didn't refute his whiny bitch attitude, lack of composure, terrible displays on the biggest stages, the fact that he drags the whole team down with his response to the other team's attempts to get under his skin (Been a broken record since Philly showed the NHL it works 3 years ago). You just said "CANADUHH CHOSE HIM BRO!!!" like a mindless twit riding somebody else's balls (In this case Steve Yzerman's) to make the point you can't make yourself.

He was trying yo give cooke a second chance

Holy shit dude, you really are this slow! That has NOTHING to do with the point of why Lemieux is a douche. You want to give those guys a chance to reform? Cool. DON'T issue a public statement advising all to play more safely when Cooke is STILL performing those classless bullshit hits. Figure out your own house before telling people how to run theirs. Every single fan in the NHL outside of Penguins/Lemieux fanboys was pretty unanimous that that was just a poorly timed statement made by Mario. Let it go.

I'd rather sound mad than dumb any day. Unfortunately you got a lot of both going on.

Kyle
05-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Maybe you're just butthurt the wings got knocked out one round earlier than the penguins?

Hahahaha. And then the all-time epitome of a petty douche comment slips out. I'm not even the one who brought that subject up asshole. I had no interest of even addressing it until you showed you had no understanding of what it was that made people consider Lemieux a douche there (And you still don't seem to get it). That's Jake's beef and apparently he was a big Pens fan himself. But if it makes you feel better to think those are just the petty thoughts of an obsessive and biased Wings fan, have at it. For the record, I'm pretty sure everybody here had a good laugh that Lemieux made those comments at the time. It was just obviously the wrong team to make that statement.

Is there a way to turn the insecure down from 10 to 5 in your responses? It'd make this go much more smoothly. Its funny that anyone out there would even argue that Crosby is obviously a shitty captain by now. Its pretty much a fact.

Kyle
05-16-2014, 03:01 PM
I'm really skeptical about the Shero firing. I've always felt Shero was a fantastic GM for the Pens, doing well in most aspects of a GM's job. I'm not even sure Bylsma's the issue, but I certainly would have gotten rid of him before Shero.

I think the only reason Shero got the axe right now instead of Bylsma is because the Pens want to give the new hire the ability to basically overhaul the team in a single offseason. The Pens have a ton of expiring contracts, with only 7 forwards and 5 defensemen contracted to return at the moment.

Fleury's only got one year left on his contract, too, with no clearly good prospects behind him in the system yet, either. Jarry or Murray look like they may have what it takes, but I don't think they're going to be a Price or a Gibson that's ready to roll in the NHL so early in their pro career.

Byslma is such a good regular season coach. I hope they don't let him have another shot because he'll convince everybody all over again before next year's playoff disaster.

Fleury isn't the issue, even I can say that. Hes not a good goalie, not a bad goalie, he's good enough if the team in front of him could pull their head out of their ass.

Also, is Gibson really SO ready? I think people are a bit too much, too soon about this guy. Lets wait before we crown him just yet.

I think firing Shero was an awful decision that completely absolves the two true failures this postseason: Byslma and Crosby. Shero has built an incredibly strong roster considering the 40% of his team's salary invested in just Crosby/Malkin/Fleury. There's just not a whole lot more you can fit with that other 60% as far as a supporting cast goes. They'll find out the hard way.

Hamsterkill
05-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Gibson's had success at every level he's played at thus far. No, I don't think he's going to go and set season-long save percentages of .950+ right out of the gate, but the kid at least looks like he's ready to play in the NHL.

Here's Gibson's stat history. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=123445

two24four
05-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Gibson is the real deal. He's not Patrick Roy but he's going to have a good career.

Kyle
05-16-2014, 08:37 PM
I've liked everything I've seen from Gibson so far.

I just don't think its been nearly enough to sing as much praise as I'm hearing for him. But that's just me. Rough start to game 7 at least.

alias
05-16-2014, 09:29 PM
I've liked everything I've seen from Gibson so far.

I just don't think its been nearly enough to sing as much praise as I'm hearing for him. But that's just me. Rough start to game 7 at least.

agreed. I mean, Price had a better pedigree and it took him a while to become elite. Let's give him time to go through some of the ebbs and flows the NHL will throw at him then see where he is.

two24four
05-16-2014, 09:44 PM
First goal he let in tonight he should have had. But other than that his D left him out to dry. Big time on the 2nd goal. Carter walked around the D like they were a peewee team.

Williams, Carter and Richards are all going to go to 6-0 in game 7's.

Hamsterkill
05-16-2014, 09:47 PM
agreed. I mean, Price had a better pedigree and it took him a while to become elite. Let's give him time to go through some of the ebbs and flows the NHL will throw at him then see where he is.

I don't think anyone's saying he's going to be elite out of the gate. I only referred to him as a kid that seems ready to be a starter very early in his career. Much like Price, actually. I was trying to contrast he and Price with the goalies in the Pens' system -- Tristan Jarry and Matt Murray.

EDIT: I'm not sure Price had a better pedigree, by the way. Gibson's been considered hockey's top goalie prospect since at least a year ago when he outplayed Ben Bishop at the World Championships.

Dubz
05-17-2014, 08:36 AM
Bag the insults guys....its not enjoyable to read. Use some couth.