PDA

View Full Version : Flyers (6) vs Rangers (5)

Kyle
04-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Flyers in 5 if they play to their potential!

Doctego
04-16-2014, 05:28 PM
That's a big IF. I'll say Flyers in 6 but I'm not confident in the least. They can beat anyone and they can lose to anyone. Emery is starting game 1 for those that haven't seen.

Snipes16
04-17-2014, 01:32 AM
Emery is the reason I flip flopped my game 7 pick back to the Rags.

Rangers with the edge in D and net while the Flyers have better forwards. Hope to catch a bunch of this series.

Dubz
04-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Rags in 5 instead of six because Emery is shit

FlyGuy78
04-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Damn I didn't know Mason was hurt!! WTF, Emery better step up his game!

Kyle
04-18-2014, 12:20 AM
Wow. The Flyers decided not to show up I guess. 15 shots in an NHL playoff game? Thats so beyond pathetic. Emery never had a chance.

St Louis gets his version of poetic justice with the Lightning loss and his key roll he played in tonight's win. He made a good decision for now but we'll be changing our minds on that every time the Rags lose or the Lightning win!

Dubz
04-18-2014, 12:05 PM
This was anyones game up until the double minor where the Rags potted two. The Rags were shooting a lot of dump ins on the net to pump up the shot count. They actually started shooting from anywhere after they got the lead.

Kyle
04-18-2014, 03:12 PM
I didn't say the Rangers played some phenomenal game. That team has been mediocre at best in front of Lundy for like seven years now. Its what I've come to expect. But Philly doesn't shoot 15 times in a decent game. No team does in today's NHL but certainly not a high octane offense like Philly. I didn't watch enough to disagree that the Rangers may have stunk too until that double minor but thats normal. Philly shooting 15 shots is just awful. This really should be one of the more unbalanced series of round 1 in favor of Philly yet they struggle on.

And I stand behind that Emery had no chance. THose powerplay set ups were sweet and his offense clearly did all of nothing to back him up.

Kyle
04-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Gasp. Philly we got a pulse!

FlyGuy78
04-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Back in business!! Now please Mason get healthy!!

Doctego
04-20-2014, 02:07 PM
That was the best defensive 3rd period that I can ever remember them playing. Great slate of games today. What yesterday lacked for me, today has. Too bad that I have to get up early tomorrow.

two24four
04-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Scott Laughton's Jr season ended tonight. Wonder if the Flyers will bring him up.

Snipes16
04-27-2014, 04:09 AM
Mason played out of his tits and bailed Philly and Giroux out I heard, a good sign going into game 5.

But how'd the Flyers get outshot 16-6 in that 1st period at home, desperate, down 2 games to 1 in the 1st place?

two24four
04-27-2014, 12:49 PM
I forgot Hal Gill plays for the Flyers. After the last two Ranger goals the Flyers might be wishing he didn't.

Edit: Yet they throw him right back out and the Rangers almost score again.

Doctego
04-27-2014, 12:57 PM
He'll see less time but what else can they do? Not sure if he's hurt but, if not, I'd rather see them play Gustafsson.

Kyle
04-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Eh, Gill blows but I wouldn't throw him under the bus.

First goal, he correctly chases the guy crashing the net on the oddman rush because he was in the most dangerous position. Once the pass goes to the third man (The late guy) instead Gill immediately disengages the guy crashing the net and makes a VERY quick reaction to change his assignment and try to block the shot of the guy coming in late. As a large, slow D-man in a 3-2 situation Gill played this scenario out 100% perfectly. How is it Gill's fault that the puck sails over his head on the shot block, bounces off the boards right behind him while hes still on the ice, and hes not able to get up in time to stop the ensuing scrum. It was a quality scoring chance, he played his percentages perfectly, and they still scored. Shit happens.

The second goal is a little tricky. Initially you actually want to blame Coburn 100% for throwing the puck right into Hal Gill's skates in a situation where he would have zero time to react and recover. But when you pay attention it seems Gill was wrong for having his stick in front of him, which Coburn could not have possibly aimed at without throwing the puck right into the Rangers player pressuring them both (Moore). Coburn had to aim the pass behind Gill and Gill had to be aware of that and prepared to adjust. Gill also didn't need to be 3 feet away from Coburn, he had plenty of time to create a much wider gap to allow an easier reception the Coburn pass. Bad play by Gill, sure. More unfortunate than anything though.

Doctego
04-27-2014, 04:46 PM
He sucks now but I didn't expect anything from him. He's played slightly more NHL minutes this season than I have. He was winded in the first period. I like the way that they battled back. I fully expect a 7th game.

Kyle
04-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Mason looks scary good tonight. Just made an unreal glove save on a Rangers PP near the end of the 2nd.

Edit- And right out of the box Philly scores. 3-0. That puck slowed down so suddenly, left Lundy in the middle of nowhere.

Now 4-0. Man the Flyers are fun to watch at their best.

Doctego
04-29-2014, 08:50 PM
He'll see less time but what else can they do? Not sure if he's hurt but, if not, I'd rather see them play Gustafsson.

Nice to see that they did just that.

FlyGuy78
04-29-2014, 09:13 PM
Wow what a great game tonight we needed a blowout win like this and Mason is playing fantastic!! Bring on Game 7!!!

Kyle
04-29-2014, 09:26 PM
I love when teams losing to the Flyers or the Bruins try to engage them physically or send a message. Always backfires so hard and ends up embarrassing the team trying to look tough.

Just imagine if Giroux wakes up.

Snipes16
04-30-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm rooting for the Flyers because I'd rather see them vs Pittsburgh. Mason has been impressive because the Rags have gotten some real good looks even in their losses.

What I dont like with Philly is their record in NY over the last 11, I think I heard 1-10? My head tells me it'll be the Rags in a tight one, guessing an odd man rush for the gamewinner ruining Pitt/Philly, hope not.

two24four
04-30-2014, 01:02 PM
I also want to see Flyers vs Pens more. Two teams that can't stand each other just like Habs vs Bruins.

Rick Nash needs to do something. He has 2 goals in 22 career playoff games.

Kyle
04-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Last two Flyers/Pens series averaged what, like 6 goals a game overall? Yeah I'll take that match up. Factor in the hate and animosity and its a slam dunk. I said it on one of these threads that Flyers/Pens are my favorite match up in the entire NHL today and I'm really hoping it happens.

FlyGuy78
04-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Last two Flyers/Pens series averaged what, like 6 goals a game overall? Yeah I'll take that match up. Factor in the hate and animosity and its a slam dunk. I said it on one of these threads that Flyers/Pens are my favorite match up in the entire NHL today and I'm really hoping it happens.

I'm hoping it happens too! GO FLYERS!!! :)

Kyle
04-30-2014, 06:30 PM
This is the only game tonight where the 1st goal means anything to me. Really huge to see who scores 1st.

Kyle
04-30-2014, 07:21 PM
There goes the Flyers disappearing act. Looking like a bunch of sorry fools in the 2nd so far. Getting embarrassed by a team that probably hasn't controlled this much offensive zone time all season. The Rangers just had 4-5 scoring chances in 15 seconds (Maybe 10 seconds). Its getting way out of hand.

Flyers PP chances in the 2nd: 0
Rangers SH chances in the 2nd: 2

:lol: At least they can't possibly go anywhere but up from here. The Flyers just need to survive seven more minutes of the worst period of their lifetimes and keep it within 2 goals.

FlyGuy78
04-30-2014, 08:46 PM
FUCK!!!